Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film (39008 Views)

'Inikpi Is The Jesus Of Kogi State' - Pamilerin On 'The Legend Of Inikpi' / 'The Legend Of Inikpi' Premiere: Mercy Johnson, Husband & Children Pictured / Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by JJBROS(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
That is great.... weldone
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by thundafire: 6:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
Inikpi I'd day she knew dat dey people she sacrificed she for jejely run cs nobody for hear of YAHAYA bello
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Hoodgod(m): 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
Kingsleydr:
Same crappy storyline , teaser does'nt even make any sense , same crappy effects , background .why would anyone waste their time on this one just because it was produced by mercy Johnson ?
learn to appreciate others so you can grow!!

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by confirmigalaboy: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
These movie was produced by kogi state government.. Buh Mercy Johnson don't hijack the glory..
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by olutop(m): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
itsme01:
cool

so she doesnt have any production to her credit, since all this while and yet she is super rich and happily married without hoeing around

Kudos to her and i wish her success

Stop equating Success to Super rich and she never said she is...she is a Successful Actress.
and not all those you see on TV are super rich don't give yourself high BP because of what is in your head.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by itsme01: 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
olutop:

Stop equating Success to Super rich and she never said she is...she is a Successful Actress.
and not all those you see on TV are super rich don't give yourself high BP because of what is in your head.

in a country with poverty rate as high as 45% (people living bellow $2 a day) and someone lives in her own mansion and drive someof the best SUVs then she is super rich in Nigeria
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Angelfrost(m): 6:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hoodgod:

You do realize there is a clear distinction between appreciating something great, and pretending that something crappy is great... Just saying, cos most of y'all perceive criticisms as hate.

Nigerian movie industry can do far better than a lot of what they keep churning out!!! Fact!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by CasNova: 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2019
Waiting to watch the movie. I am sure it will be interesting.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by kema01(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2019
It's a tale of a 2tru life event of d igala kingdom. LEGENDARY INIKPI. A must read.

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Sirlins(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
5this is nice. Congrats to her
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by sholay2011(m): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
Looks interesting.

Are they supposed to speak in English though for such a film?
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by toprealman: 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
Kingsleydr:
Same crappy storyline , teaser does'nt even make any sense , same crappy effects , background .why would anyone waste their time on this one just because it was produced by mercy Johnson ?
Living in bondage thriller still de tempt me
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Born2Breed(f): 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
Great story.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Hoodgod(m): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Angelfrost:

You do realize there is a clear distinction between appreciating something great, and pretending that something crappy is great... Just saying, cos most of y'all perceive criticisms as hate.

Nigerian movie industry can do far better than a lot of what they keep churning out!!! Fact!!!
financial investment is what the industry lacks we all know that but since nobody or govt.is ready to assist them,we cant just let dreams die!!even if its local pls appreciate..
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by aimuan(m): 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
Kingsleydr:
which one have you produced?
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Masking: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
That she chose frank rajah arase to direct the movie shows she means serious business.

I pray d movie becomes a big sell cos there's already a very interesting history to the title.

All the best MJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by gregyboy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
I dont see any benin actor there ,

The movie is going to be bleeped once again,
If its gonna be english throughout

They should do well to research before they act the movies most kogi indigenes do not even know the history of inikpi

They will even argue with you inikpi was a tale between the idah and nupe and not benin
They better come to benin to do full research of this movie because benin palace was the place the history really began from in 16c
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by babtoundey(m): 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
Now, someone is bold and foresighted enough to write about Inkpi. I will like to see the film. I'm already in love with the displayed setting.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by babtoundey(m): 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
gregyboy:
I dont see any benin actor there ,

The movie is going to be bleeped once again,
If its gonna be english throughout

They should do well to research before they act the movies most kogi indigenes do not even know the history of inikpi

They will even argue with you inikpi was a tale between the idah and nupe and not benin
They better come to benin to do full research of this movie because benin palace was the place the history really began from in 16c

So non-Benin actor cannot act or has never acted the role of Benin or interpret Benin history?

And, it's fantastic to know you know the people's history more than the people themselves. As far as the history is narrated by you, there can never be addition, omission and embellishment. But when the history is told from the perspective of the people it relates with and it doesn't suit your narrayive, it's going to be "bleeped".

Inkpi and her legendary role in Igala kindom, as far as I know and have read about, has little or nothing to do with Benin. Inkpi's story is in relation with the Igala/Jukum (Iwarefa empire) and not Benin.

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Angelfrost(m): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hoodgod:
financial investment is what the industry lacks we all know that but since nobody or govt.is ready to assist them,we cant just let dreams die!!even if its local pls appreciate..

You are making the same mistake of assuming I don't appreciate their efforts however flailing... grin

....And, nope... financial investment is not the sole thing lacking in the industry (It's not even the main thing)!!!.. In ages past, exceptionally good movies like Things Fall Apart, Rattlesnake, Violated, Igodo, Figurine, etc, were produced in an industry lacking far more funds... The issue is more of a dearth in creativity and artistry.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by bukatyne(f): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2019
itsme01:
cool

so she doesnt have any production to her credit, since all this while and yet she is super rich and happily married without hoeing around

Kudos to her and i wish her success

How does this correlate
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by bukatyne(f): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nice one. Mrs. Johnson-Okoije.

We need to learn more about our history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by itsme01: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
bukatyne:

How does this correlate

perhaps you lack comprehension skills

a famous actress without a movie of her own premieres one after many years of acting and i gave her kudos
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by nicewoody6: 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
It feels like my own version of the Legendary Princess Inikpi is being scripted here. Can't wait to see the movie.

My version is available here

http://Books2read.com/princess-inikpi-a-fearless-victim-of-death-and-war

And here

https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Ugeh
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by DegemaObi: 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

perhaps you lack comprehension skills

a famous actress without a movie of her own premieres one after many years of acting and i gave her kudos
[/s]
greet my love latifat kiss
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by kingxsamz(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
damilare442:
As usual Nigerians will be quick to criticize. Most of the critics are losers with no reasonable achievements to their existence.
Please I have to ask.
Can you please explain this part?
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by kingxsamz(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
aimuan:
which one have you produced?

I don't mean to be rude, but this is a very dumb question.
It is something that is expected of a 15year old, or a primary/secondary school student. Unless you fit the above description.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by IMMORTALGOLD100: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
buygala:
Me I am sha waiting for a movie depicting the life and times of Chidinma the legendary Cucumbator angry

Chidinma the Cucumber goddess I know.... Inikpi I know not..... In fact I do not know anybody who has heard about Inikpi
she is indeed a role model to millions of young cucumbites.. Lol
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by kingxsamz(m): 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hoodgod:

Learn to always speak the truth.
Yes, it is good to appreciate people's works, but while doing that, you should also try to point out those areas in which you would want them to improve.
Most of you feel criticism translates to hate, which is wrong.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by gregyboy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
Angelfrost:

You are making the same mistake of assuming I don't appreciate their efforts however flailing... grin

....And, nope... financial investment is not the sole thing lacking in the industry (It's not even the main thing)!!!.. In ages past, exceptionally good movies like Things Fall Apart, Rattlesnake, Violated, Igodo, Figurine, etc, were produced in an industry lacking far more funds... The issue is more of a dearth in creativity and artistry.

You see why history is needed in our educational system for people like you...

You mean...even the attah that attest that the war was fought with benin has gone mad
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Tensionstar(m): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2019
omokoginimi:
I remember Inikpi Hostel that year. We been mark register for there every night

The story of Inikpi tho... how she was buried alive and all cry cry

We Dangana then
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Isoduwa(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
emeijeh:

Speak English please!
You just succeeded in making people waste 6 seconds of their time.

Damn.

[img]https://media1./images/8ceffe54d39699688f8219fb32bd43b7/tenor.gif?itemid=4351215[/img]

But you understand?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears / BBTitans: Nana Shares Deep Kiss With Female Housemate, Nelissa (Video) / Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.