Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film (39016 Views)

'Inikpi Is The Jesus Of Kogi State' - Pamilerin On 'The Legend Of Inikpi' / 'The Legend Of Inikpi' Premiere: Mercy Johnson, Husband & Children Pictured / Mercy Johnson Releases Trailer For ‘The Legend Of Inikpi’ As It Hits Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
WOW! Good work from Mercy Johnson. The story of princess Inikpi is well-known among my Igala people of Kogi State. She is indeed legend who sacrificed her life to take away shame and reproach from her father's kingdom.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
Romanoff:

The Inikpi story is true, based on Nigerian history of the Igalas. However, when a producer acts in their movies, it is the first sign of doom to me.

She's no longer reigning, 10 reigns, 10 kings! She used to exploit them because they always believe if an A list actor is not included, they can't sell.
When she was cautioned, she said Anybody that can't afford Heineken should patronize kai kai. She felt superior, but other kai kais have taken over now.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
emeijeh:

Speak English please!
You just succeeded in making people waste 6 seconds of their time.

Damn.

[img]https://media1./images/8ceffe54d39699688f8219fb32bd43b7/tenor.gif?itemid=4351215[/img]

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Angelfrost(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
gregyboy:

You see why history is needed in our educational system for people like you...

You mean...even the attah that attest that the war was fought with benin has gone mad

I sense you have quoted the wrong person, cos I don't know what bearing this comment has with my submission.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
confirmigalaboy:
These movie was produced by kogi state government.. Buh Mercy Johnson don't hijack the glory..

She's on their payroll, she was given a political appointment with no visible office nor function, collecting millions while the real workers are not even being paid the peanuts they work for.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by gregyboy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Angelfrost:

I sense you have quoted the wrong person, cos I don't know what bearing this comment has with my submission.

grin

My bad....not you
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by gregyboy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
babtoundey:

So non-Benin actor cannot act or has never acted the role of Benin or interpret Benin history?

And, it's fantastic to know you know the people's history more than the people themselves. As far as the history is narrated by you, there can never be addition, omission and embellishment. But when the history is told from the perspective of the people it relates with and it doesn't suit your narrayive, it's going to be "bleeped".

Inkpi and her legendary role in Igala kindom, as far as I know and have read about, has little or nothing to do with Benin. Inkpi's story is in relation with the Igala/Jukum (Iwarefa empire) and not Benin.

You mean...even the attah that attest that the war was fought with benin has gone mad
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by babtoundey(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=gregyboy post=85087833]

You mean...even the attah that attest that the war was fought with benin has gone mad[/quo

Fantastic you heard the Attah backing your version.
Nonetheless, let the people tell their history the way it appears and is appealing to them. If you have another version, you can write your own book and make your own film to tell your own version. Whether they reference Benin or not, it's their story and they are narrating it from their own point of view. Even history sourced from books cannot alter or limit that freedom.

Even something that happened yesterday already has more than a thousand versions. What then will one say of the one one that happened centuries ago? It's pointless bragging your narrative is the most authentic and most reliable when you're not ready to listen and reason with other people's angle.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Tensionstar:

We Dangana then
year and room?
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by ernieboy(m): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2019
odigbosky:
As a fan of history i would love to see this movie. She will be telling the story as a login woman married to an Edo prince. Perfect for the two opposing kingdoms
which Edo Prince is she married to? Her husband is not Benin but ishan.
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by gregyboy(m): 6:53am On Dec 21, 2019
[quote author=babtoundey post=85088970][/quote]

If the kogi people like you believe inikpi history was between igala and jukun people then it tells how the kogi educational system has been damaged ,how shows the kogi people dont even read and they can believe aby garbbish from their tutors,

Anyway the igala sacrificed two of her princess at different century
The first was between benin and igala, which was inikpi

The second was between jukun and igala

Am sorry ,a stranger like me had to school you on your people history,i wonder if igala people or kogi people go to school if they cant even get thier oral history correct

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by gregyboy(m): 6:56am On Dec 21, 2019
ernieboy:

So esans are not edo,ehnn

Do you know the esans are fully benin too
Have you read their history
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by odigbosky(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2019
ernieboy:

Its not ishan but Esan.
Are Esan people not Edo people?
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by odigbosky(m): 7:08am On Dec 21, 2019
babtoundey:

So non-Benin actor cannot act or has never acted the role of Benin or interpret Benin history?

And, it's fantastic to know you know the people's history more than the people themselves. As far as the history is narrated by you, there can never be addition, omission and embellishment. But when the history is told from the perspective of the people it relates with and it doesn't suit your narrayive, it's going to be "bleeped".

Inkpi and her legendary role in Igala kindom, as far as I know and have read about, has little or nothing to do with Benin. Inkpi's story is in relation with the Igala/Jukum (Iwarefa empire) and not Benin.

I have seen the Inikpi statue and i have been to the inachalo river. Inikpi is for the Edo war that's why it's at the bank of the river night in ega water side while the other princess killed at inachalo river is for the jukun
Re: The Legend Of Inikpi: Mercy Johnson Releases Teaser For Her First Produced Film by babtoundey(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
gregyboy:

If the kogi people like you believe inikpi history was between igala and jukun people then it tells how the kogi educational system has been damaged ,how shows the kogi people dont even read and they can believe aby garbbish from their tutors,

Anyway the igala sacrificed two of her princess at different century
The first was between benin and igala, which was inikpi

The second was between jukun and igala

Am sorry ,a stranger like me had to school you on your people history,i wonder if igala people or kogi people go to school if they cant even get thier oral history correct

Now I am "Kogi people" Lol. The one that schools really needs to be schooled.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: My Brother Has Schizophrenia – Maria Breaks Down In Tears / Bbnaija: Pere Disrespected Me – Maria Opens Up / Star Actor Of "Woman King" Jimi Odukoya Steals The Show At Premiere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.