Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,009 members, 7,956,747 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC (3195 Views)

Appointments: You Are Favouring Yorubas, Christians, MURIC Knocks Tinubu / MURIC Blasts Governor Ishaku For 'Appointing Only Christians' / ‘Killing Of Christians’: MURIC Slams CAN & Trump For Questioning Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Olayinka8793(m): 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2019
This democracy is fraudulent, benefits only christians - MURIC

According to Director, MURIC, Professor Ishaq Akintola, “The system we run in this country is not only alien to Muslim culture, it has marginalised the Muslim population. Our democracy is deceptive in as much as Muslims who form the largest segment of the population are not integrated into the system. Participatory democracy is the global best practice. But not in Nigeria.

“Nigeria’s democracy excludes the Muslims. Our weekends shut Muslims out. It is the entire monopoly of Christians. Saturday and Sunday are free but Friday is not. The Muslim girl-child goes to school with tears in her eyes because she must not enter the school with hijab on her head. There is no single Shariah Appeal Court in the entire South West and Muslims in that sub-region are subjected to Christian common law in all civil matters. Muslim marriages conducted inside mosques are not recognised but those held in churches are sacrosanct. This democracy is fraudulent.

“Christian women enjoy the monopoly of recruitment into the army, navy, police, civil defence, traffic wardens, immigrations, customs, etc but Muslim women cannot because those uniformed agencies will not recruit users of hijab. Yet Muslim police women and soldiers use hijab in Britain, United States, Ireland, etc. Female Muslim graduates therefore remain jobless and impoverished while their Christian counterparts smile to the banks.

“MURIC therefore embraces the CJN’s idea of the need for constitutional amendment. It is even belated. It is part of restructuring. We hope the restructuring camp will welcome the CJN’s idea because it is not going to be about Muslim demands alone but a comprehensive one. We call for objectivity in this matter. Those who always oppose anything which is likely to benefit Muslims are urged to consider this initiative with an open mind. Constitutional amendment has all the potentials to usher in peace and tranquillity if we approach it with sincerity,” he stated.
@ The Guardian

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by TooMuchStuff: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
The modern day Afonja of Nigeria Politics have once again come to trade with their only wares ... Treachery. Treachery. Treachery.

Yoruba Muslims have destroyed the Southern ability to form united force to demand for just and egalitarian society that we southerners deserve

The South Produce 100% money used to run the country, but barely gets 15% for the entire South.

The North produces 0% money for the country and yet gets 85% to squander as it deemed fit .

Today the Air and Army chiefs are so jobless that they use their purses to build Universities in their villages but their Southern counterparts of Navy and Defence Staff Cheifs cannot build a nursery school in their own villages as well because they are Christians and non Fulanis.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Kingosytex(m): 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
This Ishaq Akintola is the most biased and sentimental being in this whole wide world. His statements and write-ups can never be devoid of sentiments and religious fanaticism.

He always claim that muslims are marginalised while in the actual sense the muslims are the ones marginalising others.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
Lol. This man has started again with his religious bigotry. It's your opinion though. Why didn't you mention that religious holidays too only benefit Christians? Why didn't you say the majority of the juicy political appointments in the country at the federal level benefit only Christians? Despite the fact that we are aware of what Buhari is doing with political appointments relative to tribe and religion, did we protest with placards or are there no Christians in buhari-led administration to react? The country must move forward regardless who's occupying which position. . Kemi adeosun, a Christian was removed on allegation of nysc fraud but was replaced with a muslim lady from the north instead of considering another lady from ogun state and a Christian since her tenure hasn't expired. muslims have the most juicy positions so far...from AGF, to DSS, Airforce, Naval Force, COAS, NPF/IG, Finance Minister, NNPC, INEC, FIRS(which is new because Fowler's tenure wasn't extended like others), AMCON ( new), Customs, Defense, JAMB, CJN, NPA,etc. I'm a Christian but the nature of work I do occupies my sundays at times. I work on Saturdays too. Today being Friday, I'm home resting. I save the lives of both Christians and muslims alike. In hospitals nationwide , there are doctors who wear hijab, nurses too. How many muslim women especially from the north enlist in the army or police? Their husbands in the name of religion wouldn't allow them. Mr akintola should also encourage the northern women to join the forces like their southern counterparts and their dress code, if in line with the constitution would be designed for them. There are schools belonging to Christians with their approved dress codes. If muslim parents aren't cool with that, there are muslim schools where they can enrol their children. Public schools in the south west encourage muslim students to wear hijab. My cousin attended a muslim school ansar-ud-deen and she was threatened to wear hijab in oke ado, ibadan in the 90s but was later withdrawn. It's that simple . People like akintola just want to cause chaos and needs to be tamed before it's too late.

This religious bigotry won't take us anywhere. Muslim or Christian, we are just deceiving ourselves. Most of us don't practice what we preach, including Mr akintola himself. There was a former northern governor who said a girl should be stoned to death during the political sharia era in Nigeria because she was caught in the act of adultery. Whereas, same man was being filmed by one of the 3 haarlots he took to the hotel to sleep with, unknowingly while wearing his pant and singlet. When the press interviewed him he said there's nothing like that.
By the time he was shown the video which had already gone viral, he said...but I'm entitled to my privacy...who would now stone him to death for committing same atrocity? We are the most religious practising nation yet, the poorest of all. China doesn't have a religion but now, they're about taking over the world's economy. Christians amongst them only bear the name. They don't go to church. I often learnt those who bear Christian names do so for trade relations' sake with the west because their name often sounds strange to many. I had a chinese friend who changed his name to Janet. Everytime people address him as a lady. He didn't even know Janet was a frminine name. He later changed it to Ocean instead of Janet Hu, he changed it to Ocean Hu. I'm sure he'd still change it further if somebody challenges him on that.

I'm in total support of what fmr gov Fashola recently said , that we should work more and pray less. If we pray always without work...even the bible is against it...work and pray. I had a Muslim friend from the middle east. All his gifts are always with Islamic words and practice including floor mat but I accept all and use it at home. He spoke with me one day on the 23rd floor of grovenors towers in dubai, that my friend, are you aware Quran also confirmed that Jesus is coming back again, same way he ascended to the sky? That the only thing they don't believe is that He is God's son. He said they believe God doesn't have a wife so He doesn't have a son. But the circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth was unique because no intercourse as also recorded in the Quran and His mum was a virgin before conception. He said the Quran calls Jesus the spirit of God in Mary, instead of son of God. I also had to support my claim with the bible verses and we both laughed and went for lunch...it's that simple. Our politicians and leaders are our worst enemies who just want to cause chaos amongst us.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Olayinka8793(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
As a Muslim, I always feel embarrassed most times this so called MURIC guy open his mouth to yarn nonsense.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by PapaBaby: 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
“MURIC therefore embraces the CJN’s idea of the need for constitutional amendment. It is even belated. It is part of restructuring.
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by KUNZEH(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
Olayinka8793:
As a Muslim, I always feel embarrassed most times this so called MURIC guy open his mouth to yarn nonsense.
Walahi brother, the man dey fucck up gan

4 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
I can see this man was disappointed when he got no appointment from the govt he has been defending since 2015 till date.
Sorry guy, try harder cheesy

Federal appointments have not finished.
We are on the era of sacking, an opening is on the way

6 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by TheMainone: 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
I think if we relax and read through this outburst carefully, we'll find some truth in Akintola's words

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by potent5(m): 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nothing wey Moses no go see for wilderness of sin.

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
Olayinka8793:

As in, the man dey Bleep up biiiiig time!

He's one of those who are giving the non Muslims all those negative impression about us.

He's one of those making the likes of some people I don't want to mention saying undeserving statements about us.

That's what the scholars have always said that whoever should be a figure of Islam should have the sound Aqeedah and sound knowledge to avoid giving Muslims bad representation.

unfortunately, many of those who are Muslim figures today are far from that.

But we rejoice..

because the story will change when Imes comes.

When Imes comes, the world will know what true Islam is.

When Imes comes, many things that were thought impossible will become possible.

Imes, we await your coming grin

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Racoon(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
Imagine! So it's the same democracy that told Maj.Gen. Buhari(Rtd) to fill almost all available military, para-military & non-military position in his 1984, 2015 & now 2019 regimes with incompetent hausa-fulani muslims? So a multisecular state like Nigeria should practice sharia as a republic?

This MURIC man is not only a glorified slowpoke but simply a terrorist.The man is the most useless, senseless and stupidiest humanity in Nigeria today.He simply needs a psychiatric examination.SW Muslim brethren take note

4 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Racoon(m): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
There is no single Shariah Appeal Court in the entire South West and Muslims in that sub-region are subjected to Christian common law in all civil matters. Muslim marriages conducted inside mosques are not recognised but those held in churches are sacrosanct. This democracy is fraudulent.

Christian women enjoy the monopoly of recruitment into the army, navy, police, civil defence, traffic wardens, immigrations, customs, etc but Muslim women cannot because those uniformed agencies will not recruit users of hijab...........Female Muslim graduates therefore remain jobless and impoverished while their Christian counterparts smile to the banks.
See the kind humanity one is sharing nationality with? Can the NASS initiate the mechanism to divide this nation so that MURIC can have the Sharia republic it so passionately desire so that we can go out separate ways? Enough is enough of this idiocy.

angry Even Gov.El-Rufai was so piqued by the barbaric system of governance that have seen the core northern Nigeria suffered needlessly when he said “Nigeria consists of two countries; there is a backward, less educated and unhealthy northern Nigeria, and a developing, largely educated and healthy southern Nigeria.

We have to speak the truth to ourselves and ask why is it that northern Nigeria has development indicators similar to Afghanistan, a country still at war?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-is-two-countries-in-one-backward-north-developing-south-says-el-rufai/amp/

El-Rufai said the core northern Nigerian region need to do a soul searching but MURIC is blaming democracy and Christainity.

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by slimfit1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
Good divide the country please.

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Olayinka8793(m): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
potent5:
Nothing wey Moses no go see for wilderness of sin.
My prend, be carepul, this is hate pish.

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by VisioDirect: 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
We need the saviour more now than ever before, the world is gone to the prince of this world, organizations such as MURIC is one evidence staring at us, coupled with the fact that we are subject to a ruler such as Buhari.

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Xisnin(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
TheMainone:
I think if we relax and read through this outburst carefully, we'll find some truth in Akintola's words
If you relax and read through the outburst of the following people:

Shekau
Alqaeda
ISWAP
ISIS

You will find some "truth" in their words.

Birds of a feather they say.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Xisnin(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
This mad man is back again.

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by dokyOloye: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
Xisnin:

If you relax and read through the outburst of the following people:

Shekau
Alqaeda
ISWAP
ISIS

You will find some "truth" in their words.

Birds of a feather they say.......
Shekau backs up all his acts including the beheadings with the relevant quotes of the Quran but they will tell you he is not representing Islam.
Same thing with the dead ISIS leader,a PhD holder in Islamic studies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by MizzPhoney(f): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
TheMainone:

This man isn't looking forward to uniting this nation. If he were, his conclusion would have also included that the constitution include equal representation in all spheres of the federation.
The Muslim ladies that he is talking about are the ones you find in almost all local, state and federal government offices in the whole of the North including the FCT. What about the Christian ladies? Do you know that some change their names to Islamic names just to gain employment, Admission, etc. He's just seeking relevance. If he wants weekends to begin on Friday, you and I know it is perfect. Islam in Nigeria does not allow the women to undergo the Military training the countries he is mentioning does. Forget all these Lagos dressing that is done in the Southwest. Even the Muslims down North do not regard the Westerners as real Muslims I'm sorry but it's the fact. So all these yarns dey him pocket. As long as we have decided to close our eyes with one very false cloth of Religiosity, we won't move forward.
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by darkwan: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2019
muric is right on this....
many western nations are integratin muslims into their system....

nigeria shouldnt lag behind or else big trouble....
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by hisexcellency34: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
They should just waste this man. He is another Boko Haram in the making

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by seunmsg(m): 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Government should proscribe MURIC. The organization is inimical go the interest of Nigeria. We need organizations that can build bridges of peace and unity and not one that perpetually stoke the embers of division and hatred.

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by osamz007: 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
This man talk na always nonsense
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by nengibo: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
Yoruba muslims

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by sweetonugbu: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2019
And they will claim that religion doesn't matter in the south west, ODIEGWU

1 Like

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by Iamgrey5(m): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
Muric man is slow tbh.

I have never seen an extremists in the south west.
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by naijaguy123456(m): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
Reverse psychology!!!
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by helinues: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
MUMURIC Professor at it again
Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by IDeyNL: 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
We Yoruba Muslims are in support of Professor Ishaq.

He's an inspiration leader and we hope he continues to forge sharia most especially for us in SW.

May Allah give him the wisdom and energy to carry on with his Islamic plans for us in SW.

Alhamdulilah.

2 Likes

Re: This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC by orisa37: 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
POTS CALLING THE KETTLES BLACK . GRANT FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICE RESOURCES AND ELECTIONS CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND YOU WILL HAVE BEST DEMOCRACY IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Giadom Left NEC Meeting / Oba Of Lagos Charges The ‘gods’ On Looters Of The King’s Staff (video) / Raw Video As Unknown Gun Men Breaks Imo State Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.