Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

100+ Christmas Songs To Download This December-download Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 100+ Christmas Songs To Download This December-download Here (474 Views)

What Are Your Best Christmas Songs? / Why ‘jingle Bells’ Is Popular Among Christmas Songs / Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

100+ Christmas Songs To Download This December-download Here by Otyemmanuel(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2019
Christmas Songs To Download This December…Christmas period is a time to bond, merry and engage in activities with family members. Doing this without some sensational Christmas songs will be very boring. We have compiled over 100 great Christmas songs for your download. Download here and listen.

Here are the top Christmas songs in no particular. Download for your listening pressure.

John Fahey- The First Noel
Tired from the fact that nobody was willing to buy albums of experimental American primitive guitar music but they bought White Christmas every year, John Fahey recorded an album of Christmas instrumentals. It was, by a margin, his bestselling record. A typical of his work, but beautiful.

The Sonics- Don’t Believe in Christmas
The Sonics believe that some folks liked the taste of straight strychnine, , so of course they didn’t believe in Christmas. What happened when they stayed up late to try to catch a glimpse of Santa? “Well, sure enough, don’t ya know / The fat boy didn’t show.” Cheeky so-and-sos.

Emmy the great & Tim Wheeler-Christmas Day (I Wish I Was Surfing)
With a much more sound similar to Ash than Emmy the Great-and the loudest, most raucous thing on their 2011 Christmas album – this is a song that sounds joyous, but is really about the desire to escape, to anywhere that isn’t cold. So long as it’s not alone.

Little Joey Farr- Rock’n’Roll Christmas
This song- Rock’n’Roll and rockability are a treasure troove of christmas novelty nimbers (give a try to (try Marlene Paula’s I Want To Spend Xmas with Elvis) but there is only room for one which we got. So, given Christmas is all about the kids, bless their souls, let’s have a song by an actual kid who promptly disappeared from the pop world.

Lou Rawls- Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town
Right from when i was a kid, this song has always been the de la creme of christmas songs. One imagines this would be the soundtrack to Don Draper’s Christmas – as creamy as eggnog, with a supple swing that’s nagging but not unobtrusive, it’s exactly the sound of an idealised Christmas from the 60s. Rawls made a ton of Christmas albums, but his first from 1967 is the best.

Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Rudy Sarzo & Simon Wright- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Think of Black Sabbath- Think of how chritmas will sound reimagined by it. The most oddly foreboding of all the big Christmas songs suits the grinding and roaring. And it helps, naturally, that it contains a reference to “Satan’s power”.

Saint Etienne- I was born on Christmas Day
A song as sweet as a selection box. From fire and brimstone to prosecco and chocolate, bursting with optimism for the winter: “Getting groovy after Halloween / Mid-November, got back on the scene / I’m so glad that I just got my pay / I was born on Christmas Day!”

The Free Design- Close Your mouth (It’s Christmas)
“Get to know the people in your house,” they sing. “You might like them.” Draper knocks back a whisky, raises an eyebrow and shakes his head. Probably the song that goes on in Don Draper’s apartment after Lou Rawls, when the hip young kids have arrived.

Sally Shapiro- Anorak Christmas
Another beautiful Christmas piece. Sally falls in love on a Tuesday before Christmas, “at a gig with a band that we both liked”. A gorgeous bauble from the mid-00s wave of Scandinavian music that crossed electropop with the feyest indie.

Solomon Burke-Present for Christmas
Acclaim king of rock’n’soul pitches himself somewhere between a revivalist preacher and Santa Claus: “We want to give out a present to everybody this Christmas! All around the world for every man, woman, boy and girl!” he exclaims in the intro.

Joy Zipper- Christmas Song
Here comes a chritmas piece from the duo briefly toasted at the start of the last decade. Kevin Shields and David Holmes produced, and you can bet Beach House were listening. Go download it and Listen to it.

Neil Halstead- The man in the Santa Suit
Trully speaking, this particlar version is only here because the fountain of Wayne original – an homage to the Kinks’ Father Christmas – isn’t on Spotify. But what a perfect, sad song: “And he’s a big red cherry / But it’s hard to be merry / When the kids are all laughing / Saying: ‘Hey, it’s Jerry Garcia.’”

The Everly brother- Christmas Can Kill You
The Man in the Santa Suit is a laughfest compared to this Everly Brothers number from 1972, about a hitcher alone the night before Christmas.

Santo & Johnny- Twistin’ Bells
Do we need cheering up? I think we do. Thank goodness, then, for the twangy guitars of Brooklyn duo Santo & Johnny, the gaudy, overlit shop window that contrasts with the stark loneliness of the Everly Brothers.

Run-DMC: Christmas in Hollis
When it comes to good Christmas songs, Hip-Hop hasn’t been a huge source of Christmas songs, but Run-DMC was on top of it back in the first golden age. What would you do if you found Santa’s wallet on Hollis Avenue?

See also: The history of Christmas.

Download Other Top Christmas Songs
Jimmy McGriff- Winter Wonderland
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings: Ain’t No Chimneys in the Projects
Sons of Heaven- When Was Jesus Born?
Thea Gilmore- Listen, the Snow Is Falling
The Temptations- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Clarence Carter- Back Door Santa
Ramone-Danny Says
Cristina- Things Fall Apart
Joni Mitchell-River
David Banner-The Christmas Song
Lindstrøm- Little Drummer Boy
William Bell-Every Day Will Be a Holiday
Belle and Sebastian- O Come, O Come Emmanuel
The Staple Singers- Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas?
The Watersons-Sound, Sound Your Instruments of Joy
Eartha Kitt-Santa Baby
Otis Redding-White Christmas
The Pretenders-2000 Miles
Bob Seger and the Last Heard-Sock It to Me Santa
Wham!-Last Christmas
Darlene Love-Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Wizzard- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
Slade-Merry Xmas Everybody
Donny Hathaway-This Christmas
Tom Waits-Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis
Marvin Gaye-Purple Snowflakes
The Waitresses-Christmas Wrapping
Low-Just Like Christmas
The Pogues-Fairytale of New York
Mariah Carey-All I Want for Christmas Is You

Click the link below to download the songs.
https://www.studydriller.com/christmas-songs/

Re: 100+ Christmas Songs To Download This December-download Here by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
We're d link

(1) (Reply)

“I Hide To Read The Bible & It Brings Me Peace” - Muslim Girl Says / Corona Virus: Are you going To Church Tomorrow? / Quoting The Scriptures, FCTA Enforcement Team Head Closes Christ Embassy Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.