Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) (49892 Views)

Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria / See What Wema Bank Did To Support Their Customers / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing their125th Anniversary Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by sexylassie(f): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
DNSPro:

Please do you have any soft copy for contract that I could use? I am due for meeting in a few weeks and I wouldn't want to be stupid.

Go to a lawyer near you to draft that, soft copy won't help you

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Yoighaman(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
xtremecr8:

Thank you sir. We realised it was a ploy to intimidate and delay our payment because we found it strange why they would be using the logo and then send us to legal. If it was in good faith, the use of our design should have been on hold until we finish with their legal. Using our IP and sending us to legal because we demanded for our bill while they are using our design is completely strange and unjust if you look at it closely. Besides, at no time did we raise any dispute so. We gave our best and didn't see this coming at all. Like we said, everyone should learn from our bad experience with FIRST Bank.

What I can decipher from all I have read so far is that you have not visited their legal department, please do that first as advised before drawing conclusions.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by VolvoS60(m): 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
I will be watching this thread and other media very keenly to see how this matter plays out.

I don't have enough information about this dispute and so I can't comment for now. What I can comment on however, is my experience with this same bank on a customer's (whom I was representing) bank deposits.

The bank was determined to unlawfully hold on to the customer's bank balances at all costs. I do not make this statement lightly. Before my experience I would not have believed the lengths First Bank would go to in order to cheat an ordinary depositor - a septuagenarian pensioner. undecided Their legal department did their best to frustrate us into making a false move that would have cost us dearly. The plan was to goad us into pursuing full fledged litigation - their calculation was that the matter would be tied up in court for years and the customer's money would remain in their vaults. The system is rigged in their favour that way.

The matter was eventually resolved and First Bank paid up - without us having to go to court. If we had gone to court, we would (note that I have not used any qualifiers like 'probably' here) still be there today, with no hope of a resolution - several years later.

To me at least, First Bank's management has no people of integrity. Zero. None.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Greenarrow01(m): 3:56am On Mar 10, 2020
Let no one deceive you sir.
You are taking the wrong approach.
Totally wrong.
First of all.. this is your business right
You also have had dealings with this same FBN in 2015 or so
All this campaign to smear their image won't work
Not just that.. you are spoiling your business reputation.
Other brands will surely run away from you.
I once had issue with Nescafé.. we took it the slow easy step.. we got paid and no issue.
Doing this will make the bank not even pay you.
Firstly
Secondly . They will most likely not give you another job again.
Thirdly. Other organizations will run away from you.

You are not the only vendor or what should I say that works with FBN.
There are tons of other people working with them and you think they will just want to take your "small money" and run.
These monies goes through a whole lot of process . They won't just pay you instantly...

The simple thing for you to do is get InTouch with their legal dept. Nothing criminal here.. hear them out, discuss and get paid.
You have to do their bidding ooo.. if not you re wasting your time.

There are contractors who handle projects way bigger than yours, with institutions and govts.
They get owned and things like this happen often, do you see them rushing to court or paying thousands in a bound to fail campaign ?
No
They will rather protect their interest, get paid and bid for more and more jobs.

Set up a meeting with their legal dept. Or even the Mrs in question, discuss... Apologize for the smear campaign and get paid..

People also suggested you met Twitter influencers.. I am sure you must have talked to one or two of them and they declined you, cos they eat from these banks too and will never use your small change to severe the relationship they have built over the years with these brands.

So uncle.. please don't be stubborn.
Go to FBN legal dept, you don't even need a lawyer for this... Go there..tell them you have not been paid.. and you wanna be paid simple.
Smear campaign won't rubbish a brand as big as FBN

4 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Jaqenhghar: 4:41am On Mar 10, 2020
SEGLIZ:

thank she failed woefully.
do we blame government for this? No.
we keep undoing ourselves, Nigerians everywhere just out to kill start-ups.
she must pay for this she has done, let's all join hands in calling the wicked woman or any individual behind this evil, together we most bring down our oppressors.

Sadly there are people who still see nothing wring in what the bank did. See this post for example
Greenarrow01:
Totally wrong.
I once had issue with Nescafé.. we took it the slow easy step.. we got paid and no issue.
Firstly

There are tons of other people working with them and you think they will just want to take your "small money" and run.
These monies goes through a whole lot of process . They won't just pay you instantly...

The simple thing for you to do is get InTouch with their legal dept. Nothing criminal here.. hear them out, discuss and get paid.

There are contractors who handle projects way bigger than yours, with institutions and govts.
They get owned and things like this happen often, do you see them rushing to court or paying thousands in a bound to fail campaign ?
No
They will rather protect their interest, get paid and bid for more and more jobs.

Set up a meeting with their legal dept. Or even the Mrs in question, discuss... Apologize for the smear campaign and get paid..

People also suggested you met Twitter influencers.. I am sure you must have talked to one or two of them and they declined you, cos they eat from these banks too and will never use your small change to severe the relationship they have built over the years with these brands.

Go to FBN legal dept, you don't even need a lawyer for this... Go there..tell them you have not been paid.. and you wanna be paid simple.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Jaqenhghar: 4:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:
If First Bank can be doing this with intellectual property, you can only imagine how they would be defrauding depositors and stealing their money.

A lot staff of first bank are hardcore criminals. They are the ones who supply info to bank robbers and that is why 90% of robberies today are at First Bank branches. Go and type bank robbery on Nairaland search bar or anywhere and see the bank involved. It is usually First Bank.

Anyway, on Monday, I'll move my business accounts out of First bank. I can't allow these thieves ruin my years of sweat with their sticky fingers. Will forward this thread to my associates. Thieves are in charge of First bank now.
This is the best move. I wish everyone thinks lilr you. For oyinbo land e no dey hard. People will just stop banking with them simple. But as na banana republuc we dey we even have people lending support for the bank
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Jaqenhghar: 4:56am On Mar 10, 2020
Compliant:
@ op I don't think you are telling us the whole truth, because I see no reason why you dont want to goto legal dept and hear them out.

Listen to yourself. I commissio you to do some work for me. Its done, and instead of paying I immediately askk you to go see my lawyer. Haba
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Niseed(m): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2020
@Op I think you are going about this the wrong way. Why haven't you gone to the legal department? What if they simply want to finalize on the transfer and ownership of the said logo before payment to avoid future stories. Like you said this is an IP and brand collateral.

Did you state your payment terms? How long have you been owed. Sometimes when doing business with big companies you have to be patient in the collection of funds and not burn bridges. Other contractors use or borrow funds to execute projects and can wait up to 6 months before being paid.

I will strongly advise that you take this down and engage with FB to at least know their stance on whether they want to pay you or not.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by SocialJustice: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2020
Niseed:

I will strongly advise that you take this down and engage with FB to at least know their stance on whether they want to pay you or not.

Greenarrow01:

His mind is made up. He won't learn by taking advice from experienced people. This one needs to learn the hard way. We should just wait for the day he says he has been paid.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by gboyetade: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2020
I am wondering why he is doing this wasting money on nairaland ads and messing up his company reputation.
Greenarrow01:
Totally wrong.
Firstly

No

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2020
For the impartial and less discerning, before you take the advice 'go see legal',' apologise so you can get paid' remarks serious, be aware that these people writing it here are mostly people working for FBN and instead of paying us they are trolling us.They are not sincere and sadly,xtremecr8 is their victim.We have been begging them to pay us but they are bent on robbing us of what's due for us.
In their unjust mind,their excuse for FBN for using our design for their 125th Anniversary logo and not paying us is because we didn't see legal or purportedly we have no contract. Is that reason why they took all our hardwork and didn't pay us a dime? All that hardwork? FBN believe we deserve no pay and we should be tossed around? Where else is that done in the world?For budding entrepreneurs out there, watch out for people like them and FBN and deal cautiously with them. Their stock in trade is to take away from you and kill your brand.Run!!!
They have conveniently ignored truth and justice because of their affiliation with first bank and particularly Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney.They will reap the evil deeds they are sowing.
For real entrepreneurs who see their pains and struggle in our present predicament caused by a big brand, First Bank, we thank you for standing with us.
There will be no peace for the wicked and unjust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
We gave all our best to deliver that logo, they didn't pay us a dime and wants to get away with it because we're a small brand.
Since this campaign started, we have exchanged notes with other small brands and it's like it is like an industry practice here in Nigeria where big brand take your IP and tell you to go to court.
It is a serious organization moral deficit in First Bank if the top decision makers have seen nothing wrong in not paying us a dime for all our hardwork yet continued using our logo we created for them and using trolls like Mr Aboderin to bully us online.
We gave our all but didn't see this coming and we sincerely feel let down.
We don't deserve this kind of ill treatment from FBN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by billante(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
xtremecr8:
We gave all our best to deliver that logo, they didn't pay us a dime and wants to get away with it because we're a small brand.
Since this campaign started, we have exchanged notes with other small brands and it's like it is like an industry practice here in Nigeria where big brand take your IP and tell you to go to court.
It is a serious organization moral deficit in First Bank if the top decision makers have seen nothing wrong in not paying us a dime for all our hardwork yet continued using our logo we created for them and using trolls like Mr Aboderin to bully us online.
We gave our all but didn't see this coming and we sincerely feel let down.
We don't deserve this kind of ill treatment from FBN.

Why you have refused to go and meet the legal department and even hear what they have to say is what baffles me....

Is there something illegal you did that you don't want to be thrown up if you go and see the legal department...lots of questions begging for answers.

There is something just not right about this matter from your end!

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
billante:

Why you have refused to go and meet the legal department and even hear what they have to say is what baffles me....

Is there something illegal you did that you don't want to be thrown up if you go and see the legal department...lots of questions begging for answers.

There is something just not right about this matter from your end!
We are not faceless people. We are upright and God fearing people and organization. We want to get paid for our sweat and labour without incurring extra pain and cost to plead with people to help us beg FBN to pay us for designing their 125th Year anniversary logo . If that's what is wrong, then we are right sir.We are small brand but not unreasonable. We know FBN has enough resources to keep trolls after us.We are the victim and doesn't deserve to be treated like this by big brand First Bank.
We would have met with any unit or anybody if our logo had not being used and being used. They brought in that angle when we demanded for our pay, Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney had given us sufficient reason to doubt their sincerity by telling their management that they had given us jobs to do. What job? Print few copies of iPad covers!
Going to legal is out of it if you see her response and it really matches our suspicion that they are playing games.
They obviously want to goad us into litigation and through protracted court case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPpfv4FUMU
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Scout60(m): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
xtremecr8:

We are not faceless people. We are upright and God fearing people and organization. We want to get paid for our sweat and labour without incurring extra pain and cost to plead with people to help us beg FBN to pay us for designing their 125th Year anniversary logo . If that's what is wrong, then we are right sir.We are small brand but not unreasonable. We know FBN has enough resources to keep trolls after us.We are the victim and doesn't deserve to be treated like this by big brand First Bank.
We would have met with any unit or anybody if our logo had not being used and being used.

I will not say anything till first bank legal team sues you to court.
Do you know that intellectual theft is a heinous crime? Before such are being paid for, you must always sign because of future wahala. Go to the legal team and hear them out. Don't be stubborn
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
Scout60:

I will not say anything till first bank legal team sues you to court.
Do you know that intellectual theft is a heinous crime? Before such are being paid for, you must always sign because of future wahala. Go to the legal team and hear them out. Don't be stubborn
Darkness can only triump over light only in the interim. The light of truth will triump eventually.
Please tell your favoured FBN management to pay us for designing the bank's 125th Anniversary logo sir.It is the right thing to do. Even the Christian Holy book, The Holy Bible, says "a labourer is worthy of his wage".
Thank God that there are still men and women of good conscience in this land. We are grateful to them all for their support and prayers.
We will not go to court,at least for now, for the reasons we have already explained sir. Luckily, no crime is statute barred but we will toe the path of decency and transparency until reason prevails.
No where in the world will this happen and this is completely unacceptable. They took our work and didn't pay us.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Niseed(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Op has first bank told you to see them in court? Did you hand them all the creative's? You must have for them to use on all their platforms and materials.

Again I ask, why have you not spoken to the legal team or anyone from the bank in regards to your pay? Letters/ mail trail and invoices will go a long way here.

Since this is Nigeria and not overseas where logo designs can run into thousands or millions of dollars or pounds, I'm guessing your money should be no more than N1-2m.

Unless you billed them as per foreign standards like Saatchi & Saatchi.

How much are they owing you for this logo?
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Scout60(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
xtremecr8:

Darkness can only triump over light only in the interim. The light of truth will triump eventually.
Please tell your favoured FBN management to pay us for designing the bank's 125th Anniversary logo sir.It is the right thing to do. Even the Christian Holy book, The Holy Bible, says "a labourer is worthy of his wage".
Thank God that there are still men and women of good conscience in this land. We are grateful to them all for their support and prayers.
We will not go to court,at least for now, for the reasons we have already explained sir. Luckily, no crime is statute barred but we will toe the path of decency and transparency until reason prevails.
No where in the world will this happen and this is completely unacceptable. They took our work and didn't pay us.
you are not even telling us the whole truth.... how much did you people agree? how you got the job? and what warrant meet our legal team

Just go the legal team and hear them out. if they refuse then know that you have exhausted your possible means of negotiation
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
Niseed:
Op has first bank told you to see them in court? Did you hand them all the creative's? You must have for them to use on all their platforms and materials.

Again I ask, why have you not spoken to the legal team or anyone from the bank in regards to your pay? Letters/ mail trail and invoices will go a long way here.

Since this is Nigeria and not overseas where logo designs can run into thousands or millions of dollars or pounds, I'm guessing your money should be no more than N1-2m.

Unless you billed them as per foreign standards like Saatchi & Saatchi.

How much are they owing you for this logo?
Sir, even if it's N100 that we demanded,(in reality, we incurred more tha 6-digit cost in naira to eventually meet the very high standard demanded by big brand FBN) is that a sufficient reason not to pay us? Is it that first bank doesn't have money to pay for such an important milestone as 125 year anniversary logo? Is this how,as a nation, we want to develop,grow and support the creative industry? We created the logo,they found it irresistible,accepted it,used and still using it but they should not pay us?
The simple question remains: Did first bank pay us for designing their 125th Year anniversary logo? NO!Not even a dime. And we should keep quiet and die in silence or play along with her tactics?
Is it about the money? Yes, because we really worked hard to create that logo and we deserve to get paid for it.
First Bank beat us as a small brand and now still asking us not to cry by sending trolls after us to bully us online.
Why is it so difficult to ask first bank if it had paid us or is it that we should not be paid for our hardwork creating that logo?
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by billante(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
xtremecr8:

Sir, even if it's N100 that we demanded,(in reality, we incurred more tha 6-digit cost in naira to eventually meet the very high standard demanded by big brand FBN) is that a sufficient reason not to pay us? Is it that first bank doesn't have money to pay for such an important milestone as 125 year anniversary logo? Is this how,as a nation, we want to develop,grow and support the creative industry? We created the logo,they found it irresistible,accepted it,used and still using it but they should not pay us?
The simple question remains: Did first bank pay us for designing their 125th Year anniversary logo? NO!Not even a dime. And we should keep quiet and die in silence or play along with her tactics?
Is it about the money? Yes, because we really worked hard to create that logo and we deserve to get paid for it.
First Bank beat us as a small brand and now still asking us not to cry by sending trolls after us to bully us online.
Why is it so difficult to ask first bank if it had paid us or is it that we should not be paid for our hardwork creating that logo?

What if your payment will be made after your have signed some papers with the legal department?
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Greenarrow01(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
I want to unfollow this topic, but the truth is that I want to see the end.
The truth is that.. any sane person will see that the op is not telling the complete story.

First of all. With all due respect . Your logo might not be more than 10m
Secondly for this campaign to have gotten the attention of the GM.. and other top members and nothing has been done about it shows that.. the fault is clearly with the op.
And first bank don't have time to waste on his case.
They know that he can't go to court or do anything like that.

I feel that.. the op is feeling cheated and wants to renegotiate the pay.
Or FBN stole the logo from the ipad covers he did for them, they paid for the iPad covers, saw the logo on the iPad and took advantage of it.

The op is clearly afraid of visiting FBN legal team, he knows they will put him in his place legally. Show him that he has no case against them.

op is clearly not after his money/pay. He just wants to run a smear campaign against FBN.. nothing more

Any sane business man would have met the FBN legal team
The money you are owning FBN is no more than 1-5million. That's if you re owning them, secondly I feel you didn't even negotiate any logo with them.
They didn't ask you for anylogo
You did the hard cover, added a logo on it, they love it, stole the concept and you wanna be compensated.

I don't work for FBN or even have any personal account with them, I am a start up owner and I know the pain of running business in Nigeria.
But pls.. let's be guided, our money is very important plus other future prospects.
We shouldn't destroy this cos of a mere campaign.

There are other brands out there. The moment you tell them that.. oh, I design FBN 125 logo.. they will go gaga.

So Mr op
go to FBN legal team, or sue them... But don't think any magu will come on nairaland and take up your case.. the best you can do is to report to some agencies or even report to industrial court. Just do something.. a smear campaign or begging for your money on nairaland won't bring it out... You have to go after your money.. 0.00005% of FBN customers won't see your post and only few will close down their account because of you.. they are not nairaland's scammers

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by commodore007: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
I see people here talking about meeting the legal department..we have to be clear on some issues here
first the OP has no reason to see the legal department at all, simply because first bank tried to play on their intelligence by using their logo without paying which in it self is illegal .there is this legal maxim A fortiori " with even stronger reason, which applies to a situation in which if one is true then it can be deduced that the second thing is even more true. so there fore if it's true that this logo design was was not paid for, then it is more true that first bank has an a ulterior motive all through the transaction. Ask your self this question, why hasn't FBN come out to deny this allegations or why haven't they sue xtreme cr8 to court.....think friends, think

3 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Greenarrow01(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2020
commodore007:
I see people here talking about meeting the legal department..we have to be clear on some issues here
first the OP has no reason to see the legal department at all, simply because first bank tried to play on their intelligence by using their logo without paying which in it self is illegal .there is this legal maxim A fortiori " with even stronger reason, which applies to a situation in which if one is true then it can be deduced that the second thing is even more true. so there fore if it's true that this logo design was was not paid for, then it is more true that first bank has an a ulterior motive all through the transaction. Ask your self this question, why hasn't FBN come out to deny this allegations or why haven't they sue xtreme cr8 to court.....think friends, think

So how do you advice he gets his money ?
I will tell you why first bank is yet to see the man.
Dude is still an upcoming startup
Should first bank sue them.. public opinion will shift against first bank no matter who is at fault
Secondly.. why hasn't the dude sue first bank too

Look when you have issues like this . With a company over 100000 times bigger than you, and they refer you to their legal dept . The best thing to do is to meet the legal dept first and hear them out.. meeting the legal dept doesn't cost a thing
Why can't you just leave out a day and even hear what the legal dept has to say..
This issue is about IP infringement.. and trust me... The only person that can handle it is the legal dept. No other dept will handle it.. if you handle job or something like this comes up between you and FG... And they refer you to the legal dept, not efcc or DSS or even police.. will you stay at home and not go.
In any establishment, organization or even govt. The legal dept alone always go out to negotiate deals... Not the finance dept or marketing dept.
Example
Our money
Our own money
The abacha loot that is been repatriated yearly, who do you think handles it. It has always been the attorney general. This is our money that is stashed outside the country.. not their money, why haven't the country gone on BBC and CNN to be begging for it.
I repeat marketing dept source for deals.. the legal dept finalize it.
That's why there are lawyers in brands like these.. it not everyday that these lawyers go to court on behalf of FBN... They always come in on issues like this.
If man wants his money, he will have to meet them. Not even a campaign on channels will give that money

6 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Bottompot: 7:28am On Mar 11, 2020
Did you brand the logo for them at their request? Was there a contract/agreement to that effect?

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by kristian98(m): 10:28am On Mar 11, 2020
OP, did FBN specifically ask you to design a logo for them or did they take this logo from the iPad cover you designed and you want them to compensate you for it?
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by worworbabe: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2020
Why are you afraid of taking the legal route? You might even get Lawyers on Pro Bono.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
VolvoS60:
I will be watching this thread and other media very keenly to see how this matter plays out.

I don't have enough information about this dispute and so I can't comment for now. What I can comment on however, is my experience with this same bank on a customer's (whom I was representing) bank deposits.

The bank was determined to unlawfully hold on to the customer's bank balances at all costs. I do not make this statement lightly. Before my experience I would not have believed the lengths First Bank would go to in order to cheat an ordinary depositor - a septuagenarian pensioner. undecided Their legal department did their best to frustrate us into making a false move that would have cost us dearly. The plan was to goad us into pursuing full fledged litigation - their calculation was that the matter would be tied up in court for years and the customer's money would remain in their vaults. The system is rigged in their favour that way.

The matter was eventually resolved and First Bank paid up - without us having to go to court. If we had gone to court, we would (note that I have not used any qualifiers like 'probably' here) still be there today, with no hope of a resolution - several years later.

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by PeaceGord: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
Sue the goddamned bank.

That's the language they can only hear.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by mankettle(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
Funny enough, I will advise you to visit the legal team of the bank with a lawyer or your representative should go. Reasons are
A. Maybe they require a deed of release of the IP before you are paid.
B. Always hear the other side even in negotiations.

I get your angst in FBN using your IP without paying but try and visit and get this resolved amicably.

Hint: since they have already used it you can always fix an outrageous price on it so they start negotiating from there. And when they don't pay the outrageous amount you request for, you can sue. They cannot argue that they didn't like it or it wasn't to their standard. Next time before they use such logos they will pay a token.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by damola1: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
What most people don’t realize is that. A bank like first bank runs a fraudulent system that makes money from dead people money.

VolvoS60:

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:14am On Mar 12, 2020
AbiBuruji722:
Dear Extreme creation, sorry for this occurrence. Be reminded that, all of them even d GMD might be aware of this. The only person you can trust in FBN is Mrs Awosika, I might be wrong, have you noticed that you won't see the photograph of the MD in any banking hall. That is a signal.
God will fight for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Replies Fan Who Said He Doesn't Help People / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Wudil Kano Cattle Market: Where 60 Trucks Arrive, Leave Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.