Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture (33431 Views)

Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC / UK Facing Most Severe Terrorist Threat Ever, Warns Chief Of MI5. / Photos: I Killed Princess Diana On The Order Of The Uk Royal Family – Mi5 Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by southpole: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
gare:

Do you see them go to court and arrest people when they do it is called covert and can't be traced back to those in government, theirs is done in an orderly fashion unlike ours.
There is nothing like orderly fashion here, killings have been carried out and being carried out by intelligence services all over the world for so many years,
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by mmsen: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
*Sips wine and smiles*

Our human rights noise makers who call USA and UK should come and read and see what happens in "saner climes" cheesy

Come and see what their version of DSS are authorized to do and then call them to come and set your own house in order when their own house is in shambles

*sips more wine*

If the US and its bitch, the UK, designate you a 'terrorist' your life is basically over. They will arrest you sans tangdble evidence and hold you without trial for months if not years.

Or if you are a black man and dare to drive a car American police can and will murder you for no 'driving while black'.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by southpole: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
linearity:

Click the link and re-read against.

Go beyond the headline which is sensational and a clickbait.

The ruling states, this is for agents in covert operations, that if agent from MI5 is embedded as an infiltrator inside a gang, this ruling states they can act along and carry out the criminal activities of the gang, so that their cover cannot be blown.

To expect otherwise is ludicrous and puts the undercover agents lives in harms way. And this is the practice worldwide and not in anyway a license to kill or to usurp the rights of brits to due process.
you are getting it wrong, in case you don't know such killings, kidnapping and torture are trade crafts of intelligence services. When you here that political leases and high profile citizens disappear or involved in mysterious accident. what do you think happened to Diana from the royal family in England when she wanted to marry an Arab or do you think it was a normal accident? what of the killing of Abiola's wife?. Go and read the book titled Mossad secret wars and there are many like that.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by southpole: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2019
pnarthanyl:
you're a fool sir, UK has DSS Mi5 or Mi6 is different.
he is not a fool, just as it is written, they are empowered to kidnap, kill and torture when it is a threat to national security.The fact that you don't support it does not change the meaning.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Slimguy0(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
High Budget SARS!!!!!!
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Susu888(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Mi5 are their own version of DSS we have here. They work solely inside the UK. M15 is a secret Intelligent unit primarily deals with internal affairs. The Great MI6 deals with foreign affairs which has to do with the UK or not

*Gulps wine*

No mind the idiot he doesn't even know the difference between mi5 and mi6. Mugu!
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Susu888(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

A lot of you read but never understand anything you read.

The interpreted law does not mention criminals ordering the agents to murder, kidnap or torture but said Mi5 Can make this order...

Abeg read ooo

Have you read it well now since you are misinforming yourself

*sips wine*
cheesy

Abeg pass me that wine make i join sip small grin.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Kingspin(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
*Sips wine and smiles*

Our human rights noise makers who call USA and UK should come and read and see what happens in "saner climes" cheesy

Come and see what their version of DSS are authorized to do and then call them to come and set your own house in order when their own house is in shambles

*sips more wine*
Are you trying to compare! The gap between UK and Nigeria is endless.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Kingspin(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
So on what grounds then should USA and UK interfere in Nigerias internal affairs when they also put National security above Rule of law?

*Sips more wine and grins*
cheesy
You think UK and your shithole are of the same page? I laf in Mail.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by NaMeAboki: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

The ruling relates to agents who are embeded in criminal groups otherwise called agent privocateurs. It gives them the right to participate in the activities of the criminal groups they are embedded in so as to not blow their cover. It is not the same with Sowores case. You are not smart.

I was not referring to this particular case that concerns the MI5 in the UK but in the generality of issues that concern national security threats.
The 1st paragraph of my post was very clear and explicit on this - assuming you can read and comprehend, Mr. Smart Aleck
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
*Sips wine and smiles*

*sips more wine*
saner climes u said. wink
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Jimi24: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
This is the blunt truth that Sowore fans have not faced honestly. Nation states do secret things for their security.
You have to be a dunce to go and be formenting an insurrection in this age of terrorism. You will learn the hard way that its not just a few misguided young muslims that can be picked up for terrorism. You Sowore fans, if you like dont learn. You will be shocked - the first thing the world wants from Buhari is regional security. The next one is anti corruption war.
I an sorry to bust bubbles but that is the truth. The western world knows that terrorists and looters are exploiting gaps in the procedutes oit in place to protect rule of law and they wont blame Buhari too much if he takes people out.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by ColonelEmeka: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
Vortex369:

Substrate level Illiterate; Google Agenda 21.

Sub par illiterate who thinks Agenda 21 has anything to do with Terror or security services or even anything remotely in the OP.

*Sips your brain*
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by ColonelEmeka: 9:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
[quote author=Medanoski post=85109519][/quote]

At this point you do not even have a brain that helps you reason properly. Move over let me...

*sip some wine*
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
NaMeAboki:

I was not referring to this particular case that concerns the MI5 in the UK but in the generality of issues that concern national security threats.
The 1st paragraph of my post was very clear and explicit on this - assuming can read and comprehend, Mr. Smart Aleck

Even going by that your argument,you still sound lame. Can you compare Sowore who "called" for a revolution to change Government with Alqaeda or ISIS? Who did Sowore kill? If Sowore calling for a protest is against national security then don't you think anybody who opposes the government of the day can be dubbed a national security threat and kept in jail? Secondly, Sowore is a Nigerian whose rights are protected by the Nigerian Constitution and so the Nigeria Government cannot treat him like how the US treated Alqaeda terrorists who are not American terrorists.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by ColonelEmeka: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
southpole:
It is such laws that make their citizens more patriotic, the fear of punishment is what is making them to behave well not that they are doing it willingly.

Burst my head. You hit the nail on the head

*Raises my wine glass to you*
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by ColonelEmeka: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
southpole:
The power to kill, kidnap and torture as given to the MI5 does not require legal or due process. It has been a practice by intelligence services all over the word. Don't bring issues of legal or due process in this.

Not just power to Kill but power to MURDER. One can kill and be justified as in the case of self defence but MURDER is always premeditated. They are authorized to MURDER

*Chews Suya and sips coke*
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Sub par illiterate who thinks Agenda 21 has anything to do with Terror or security services or even anything remotely in the OP.

*Sips your brain*

You have been schooled.

Scoring a zero before the point does not make you an improper fraction, it makes you a decimal. There is no tear on any armor plate here.

Storms in tea cups are seen as hurricanes by pathogens, and my tea seen as Ocean obfuscates the mighty on your colony.

Should I rather spill the coffee to get rid of a nematode? May be I should, may be I shouldn't.

< End of Response/>
< Case Closed/>

1 Like

Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by ColonelEmeka: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
[s]
Vortex369:

You have been schooled.

Scoring a zero before the point does not make you an improper fraction, it makes you a decimal. There is no tear on any armor plate here.

Storms in tea cups are seen as hurricanes by pathogens, and my tea seen as Ocean obfuscates the mighty on your colony.

Should I rather spill the coffee to get rid of a nematode? May be I should, may be I shouldn't.

< End of Response/>
< Case Closed/>

[/s]

*sips some moet* looks at what was written. Asks computer to analyse. Computer scores it as Gibberish and automatically selects all and deletes to rubbish bin.

*sips some more moet and eats grilled fish*
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by engrchykae(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
Waakanda:
It simply means "they're above the law"... I thought only the Queen had that privilege.

#The Queen can do no wrong#
they are knights of the round table,the kingsmen
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by pnarthanyl: 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
southpole:
he is not a fool, just as it is written, they are empowered to kidnap, kill and torture when it is a threat to national security.The fact that you don't support it does not change the meaning.
I must confess, you have a good point. I was looking for my first nairaland mention. �‍♂️
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Ramjet: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2019
Nigeria is watching
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Kfed4ril(m): 12:42am On Dec 22, 2019
id4sho:
Seconded.
PMB should sponsor a bill and pass into law .
We need this in this country especially for our blodas from the East.

Hatred na eim go kill you
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by decub: 5:55am On Dec 22, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
*Sips wine and smiles*

*sips more wine*

Did you also notice paragraph 4 which is the real brain behind the ruling/policy.

Also take note of paragraph 2 and that makes abuse of such powers difficult.

No country treat saboteurs/spies with kid gloves especially when it's influenced by foreign bodies.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by dangwarmai(m): 6:46am On Dec 22, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
*Sips wine and smiles*

*sips more wine*
Two more bottles of wine for you.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by dangoteinlaw: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

A lot of you read but never understand anything you read.

The interpreted law does not mention criminals ordering the agents to murder, kidnap or torture but said Mi5 Can make this order...

Abeg read ooo

Even yourself didn't understand what you claim to understand but it's alright, we are all mad na lol

Have you read it well now since you are misinforming yourself

*sips wine*
cheesy
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by NaMeAboki: 9:27am On Dec 22, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

Even going by that your argument,you still sound lame. Can you compare Sowore who "called" for a revolution to change Government with Alqaeda or ISIS? Who did Sowore kill? If Sowore calling for a protest is against national security then don't you think anybody who opposes the government of the day can be dubbed a national security threat and kept in jail? Secondly, Sowore is a Nigerian whose rights are protected by the Nigerian Constitution and so the Nigeria Government cannot treat him like how the US treated Alqaeda terrorists who are not American terrorists.

Pls free yourself from your seemingly imprisoned shallow mind and narrow perspective and subsequently face the true realities on the ground.

A person does not have to kill anyone to pose a threat to national govts; neither does his or his group's modus operandi matter in that respect - both Al-Qaeda and Sowore were national threats to the American and Nigerian govts respectively.

Al-Qaeda are basically against American foreign policy and its influence in their own lands and way of life; they were never an immediate threat to American democracy or government; yet their fighters were pick up in their own countries and imprisoned without trial for simply violently opposing American foreign interest.

On the other hand, Sowore having participated and woefully failed in the democratic process of presidential election, commenced a process to illegally topple a legitimately elected govt of the people; including openly conniving with an already declared exiled enemy of the state; neither could he be considered ignorant of the implications of his proposed actions - based on his repeated utterances.

In Nigeria, Sowore was taken to court and even granted bail for which he immediately violated right there in the court house by giving press statements soon after his bail release - this is contrary to worldwide norms for a person charged with treasonable felony where bail is not granted.

No, Sowore was not organising ordinary protests but a revolution with a mission to illegally sack a democratically elected sitting govt. - his words:

I AM NOT TALKING OF PROTESTS. I'M EMBARKING ON REVOLUTION. 85% OF NIGERIANS ARE IN SUPPORT. DON'T TELL ME ABOUT LEGAL IMPLICATIONS OR WHAT A JUDGE WOULD SAY, I DON'T CARE...WE MUST BUNDLE BUHARI OUT OF THAT PLACE.......THE DSS SHALL SEIZE TO EXIST ....Sowore on July 25 2019.

The above cannot be considered empty threats; because we all know that Sowore has the capacity (his Sahara Reporters media house) to mobilise ppl as well as the potential to secure hidden backers to sponsor his illegal revolution/coup against a legitimate govt.

BTW, compare American law and punishment for revolution against Sowore's actions.

WHAT IS THE PENALTY (PUNISHMENT) FOR CALLING FOR A REVOLUTION IN THE U.S

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.....

2 Likes

Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2019
NaMeAboki:

Pls free yourself from your seemingly imprisoned shallow mind and narrow perspective and subsequently face the true realities on the ground.
A person does not have to kill anyone to pose a threat to national govts; neither does his or his group's modus operandi matter in that respect - both Al-Qaeda and Sowore were national threats to the American and Nigerian govts respectively.
Al-Qaeda are basically against American foreign policy and its influence in their own lands and way of life; they were never an immediate threat to American democracy or government; yet they were pick up fighting in their own countries and imprisoned without trial for simply violently opposing American foreign interest.
On the other hand, Sowore having participated and woefully failed in the democratic process of presidential election, commenced a process to illegally topple a legitimately elected govt of the people; including openly conniving with an already declared exiled enemy of the state; neither could he been considered ignorant of the implications of his proposed actions - based on his repeated utterances.

In Nigeria, Sowore was taken to court and even granted bail for which he immediately violated right there in the court house by giving press statements soon after his bail release - this contrary to worldwide norms for a person charged with treasonable felony where bail is not granted.

No, Sowore was not organising ordinary protests but a revolution with a mission to illegally sack a democratically elected sitting govt. - his words:

I AM NOT TALKING OF PROTESTS. I'M EMBARKING ON REVOLUTION. 85% OF NIGERIANS ARE IN SUPPORT. DON'T TELL ME ABOUT LEGAL IMPLICATIONS OR WHAT A JUDGE WOULD SAY, I DON'T CARE...WE MUST BUNDLE BUHARI OUT OF THAT PLACE.......THE DSS SHALL SEIZE TO EXIST ....Sowore on July 25 2019.

The above cannot be considered a empty threats; because we all know that Sowore has the capacity (his Sahara Reporters media house) to mobilise ppl as well as the potential to secure hidden backers to sponsor his illegal revolution/coup against a legitimate govt.

BTW, compare American law and punishment for revolution against Sowore's actions.

WHAT IS THE PENALTY (PUNISHMENT) FOR CALLING FOR A REVOLUTION IN THE U.S

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.....

First and foremost, Protests to ensure the resignation of government are not and cannot be illegal. They are part and parcel of the Democratic process. Have you seen anybody arrested in the US for participating in the "not my President" Protests? Trying to say Sowore tried to illegally overthrow the government is simply being mischevious.

Secondly even if Sowore's intention was treasonable, which is clearly not,he still should not be charged with treason as he did not take any covert step to achieve a treasonable action. Having the "potential" to commit a crime can never be a basis to convict one of a crime.

In your post on what constitutes treason in the USA, I saw use of "Force or Violence" clearly stated there. Protests are not classified as use of Force under Nigerian laws or the laws of any Democratic society sef. So that provision if imported to Nigeria cannot apply to Sowore's case.
Lastly, even if Sowore violated his bail terms,it is not for the DSS to determine and rearrest him. The DSS ought to take it to the courts to determine and revoke his bail after which he can be rearrested. That is basic law that you supporters of Buhari have refused to acknowledge because of your brain dead support for Buhari.
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by ColonelEmeka: 10:57am On Dec 22, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

First and foremost, Protests to ensure the resignation of government are not and cannot be illegal. They are part and parcel of the Democratic process. Have you seen anybody arrested in the US for participating in the "not my President" Protests? Trying to say Sowore tried to illegally overthrow the government is simply being mischevious.

Secondly even if Sowore's intention was treasonable, which is clearly not,he still should not be charged with treason as he did not take any covert step to achieve a treasonable action. Having the "potential" to commit a crime can never be a basis to convict one of a crime.

In your post on what constitutes treason in the USA, I saw use of "Force or Violence" clearly stated there. Protests are not classified as use of Force under Nigerian laws or the laws of any Democratic society sef. So that provision if imported to Nigeria cannot apply to Sowore's case.
Lastly, even if Sowore violated his bail terms,it is not for the DSS to determine and rearrest him. The DSS ought to take it to the courts to determine and revoke his bail after which he can be rearrested. That is basic law that you supporters of Buhari have refused to acknowledge because of your brain dead support for Buhari.

Sowore called for a REVOLUTION and not simply Protests.

What is a revolution defined as?

revolution
/rɛvəˈluːʃ(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system.

(culled from Oxford dictionary)

or

Whats does revolution mean?
an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed. Sociology. a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, especially one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence.

(Culled from https://www.dictionary.com)

Or

Definition of 'revolution'

revolution
(revəluːʃən )
Word forms: plural revolutions
1. COUNTABLE NOUN
A revolution is a successful attempt by a large group of people to change the political system of their country by force.

(Culled from collins Dictionary)

Or

revolution
noun
UK /ˌrev.əˈluː.ʃən/ US /ˌrev.əˈluː.ʃən/
revolution noun (POLITICS)

B2 [ C or U ]
a change in the way a country is governed, usually to a different political system and often using violence or war:

(Culled from Cambridge Dictionary)

*Sips green tea*

It seems you are inflicted with self confusion
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by donjon: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2019
the painful thing is they also have agents in this country
Re: Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture by maasoap(m): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
AkeNathan:

Cc;Aufbauh

You are not wise at all.

The U.K are a very developed Democracy.

Their democracy thrives to the point where recent Governments have never been accused of abuse of power.

In contrast with a country like Nigeria, ridden with a history of presidents who have excessively abused their powers.

It is too early to call for us as a Nation.

Stop clamouring for the introduction into our society, what saner climes introduced into theirs due to their record of transparency. We are not yet ripe for that. And it may take us 200 more years to be.

So, in summary, what is your point? More like good for them, not good for us? Hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet / US Rejects Mideast Ceasefire Calls, Says Would Benefit Hamas / Israel Air Strikes Kill 42 Palestinians, Rockets Fired From Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.