Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet (33479 Views)

Germans Told To Drink Tap Water As Prices Surge / NL LISTS!! Top 10 World Biggest Secrets Of All Time (no. 6 Will Shock You / South Sudanese Capital City Gets Electricity For First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by ArewaNorth: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
Thanks to President Biden’s infrastructure bill, remote locations on the Navajo Nation reservation are receiving electricity — for the first time, ever.
Crews from the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power bringing electricity to Navajo country. The Navajo Nation, also known as Navajoland, is a Native American reservation in the United States. It occupies portions of northeastern Arizona, northwestern New Mexico, and southeastern Utah. Its capital is at Window Rock, Arizona. The largest Navajo racial/ethnic groups are American Indian (95.4%) followed by Two or More (2.6%) and Hispanic (1.3%).
https://twitter.com/LakotaMan1/status/1591475455210979328?t=ChYjdA31lCIYugXl8AqzHQ&s=08

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Bluntguy: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
Tell me chomtin. So e get places for America wey my village better pass.

No I go still japa go there except Peter Obi is elected next year.

192 Likes 5 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by SILVERLINES: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2022
This one loud oOoOO

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by gaby(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2022
Make them no allow our politicians see or read this news oh before dem go get example to dey refer una to as to how dem dey do us well for Nigeria.

166 Likes 9 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Juniorpope123: 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2022
Atleast we don see people war we better pass

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Roboto11: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
The indigenous people were not connected to the grid but some Africans think America is paradise and can do no wrong.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Bluntguy: 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
Juniorpope123:
Atleast we don see people war we better pass
I don't want to think you are an urchin. Tell me you are not one.

21 Likes

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Urheadmaster(m): 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
Bluntguy:
Tell me chomtin. So e get places for America wey my village better pass.

No I go still japa go there except Peter Obi is elected next year.

Me wey de Germany done see many things.

There's no where electricity no reach.

Every village get standard electricity and 247 water running systems tongue

No interruptions tongue

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by slivertongue: 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
E dey happen

1 Like

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by OgaTheTop2: 2:55am On Nov 14, 2022
Benefit of democracy. This is a country where democracy works.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 14, 2022
gaby:
Make them no allow our politicians see or read this news oh before dem go get example to dey refer una to as to how dem dey do us well for Nigeria.

You really sabi their character cheesy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 14, 2022
Roboto11:
The indigenous people were not connected to the grid but some Africans think America is paradise and can do no wrong.
I know you were trying to make a point but rest! No be like this them dey use make point..

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Roboto11: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2022
Felixamos:

I know you were trying to make a point but rest! No be like this them dey use make point..

How else?

Can you explain why a known group of indigenous people in US never had access to services?

Isn't America meant to be the leader of the free world?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by sonature1: 6:29am On Nov 14, 2022
That's why I tell people that humans are largely the same everywhere. If our government does something good, even though we say it's their work, thanking them won't take anything away from us.

See how these Americans are happy that the remote part of the US has been connected to their national grid because of Biden's infrastructure bill.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Musty112: 6:44am On Nov 14, 2022
There is sky everywhere

1 Like

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Realist12: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2022
I don't mean to sound tribalistic, but a section of Nigerians are always willing to believe any rumor that antagonizes their imaginative enemy , this is democracy they can do better .
We all saw how just any man came from no where with no prior political influence to tell them of Fulani agenda they believed him , this said man tested another lie by telling them Buhari is dead and cloned, yet they still believed him , the educated and illiterate could swear he was stating the facts.
Not like they don't have honest and visionary leaders amongst them but they are easily deceived by the con men therefore promoting such to Saint status.
Is democracy not enlightening these guys, David Hundeyin like other political actor knows their weakness and he's about to enjoy the godlike status amongst them just like Reno and FFK have enjoyed in the past.

The Law is Supreme, the Law has exonerated Tinubu but David is who they choose to believe ? Isn't that a prerequisite to Anarchy?

It's the duty of their Lawyers and educated ones to enlighten them , we Yorubas should also support in our own way.

Remember the adage that says if your roommate eats cockroach and you feign, you'd both be affected by his stomach ache at night , coz if he can't sleep you won't sleep as well . Not like Yorubas are not doing her best embracing each other but we can do better.
Hopefully the unrest won't travel to the southwest someday, coz that will be the end .
Our pre colonial systems is playing out here , most other regions have established leadership, the caliphate, empires, kingdoms etc which taxed her territories and provided military security but that can't be said of the East . They need true leadership but always falling into the hands of those that alienate them politically without considering the future of her people.
That's one of the reasons I am against Obi's brand of politics.

We have a duty to protect the democracy we all fought so hard for.
God bless Nigeria.

Memeni:

I thought you were heading somewhere...I seriously thought you were wise because you English sounds like someone who.is from.thw beginning....but you're such a sophisticated slowpoke just like ur tribe...the Yorubas. The slang " educated illiterate" is best used to describe people like you.

Look at the trash you just spilled. From the way you sounded...u might be a lecturer or professor or an educationist from Nigerias quota system. No wonder you all have Buhari ruling over you all. If we don't get things right this time around and vote competence instead of voting based on religious and ethnic bigotry....what people like u will see with ur eyes will be beyond your wildest imaginations
lol , learn, you don't have to be aggressive. Look at the bigger picture. Are you taking sides with the Law or with rumor mongers. Are you going to allow Rumors interfere with our national politics ?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by chris4gold(m): 8:22am On Nov 14, 2022
Shey you dey whine me ni grin

1 Like

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Omonieme: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2022
Ahhhhh. Shey you dey whine me? �. But I go rather dey Navajo than Zamfara wey Electricity dey sha.
December and the yuletide period is around the corner. Yeah! You've saved up all year and it's time to get yourself a nice classy ride to attend all the owambes and if you're going to the village for Christmas, to show your people that you sef dey try. Well, I'm here to present to you, very awesome auto deals that'd leave your mouth open in awe. From Toyota, to Honda, to Hyundai, I've got all brands and classes of cars. Just click on my profile and give them a check

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2022
Real estate prices gonna boom in that location!

Foresight is key!

4 Likes

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Crusadee: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2022
The paradise that many Nigerians wants to run to... Vote Pitoobi and get even better economy

1 Like

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by Pwettylinda(f): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by lesbiconverter: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Because they have no oil wells there grin

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by seguno2: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Thanks to President Biden’s infrastructure bill, remote locations on the Navajo Nation reservation are receiving electricity — for the first time, ever.

https://twitter.com/LakotaMan1/status/1591475455210979328?t=ChYjdA31lCIYugXl8AqzHQ&s=08

Before we start jubilating on how Americans are as rotten as we are, can we find out what percentage of American buildings are without electricity and water?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by VeryWickedGoat: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Next is Iragbiji.

10 Likes

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by owobokiri(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Watch as some agbadorian inbreds try to use this story to excuse their monumental failures in governance without understanding the context of the story

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by veekid(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2022
A working country!
Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2022
Cool

1 Like

Re: U.S Community, Navajo Receives Electricity For The First Time, No Tap Water Yet by DeBestUCan: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2022
SILVERLINES:
This one loud oOoOO
Like seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture / Storm Franklin: 400 Homes Evacuated And Train Stations Underwater In U.K. (Pics) / 'Air Conditioned' Coffin For Romania's Gypsy King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.