Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Help A Newbie - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help A Newbie (709 Views)

What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! / Top 7 Adsense Paying Blogging Niches In Nigeria For Newbie Bloggers / Blogging: Bloggers In The House Should Help A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Newbie by CrEaToRmalden(m): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's already 10 days since I got my blog up. I do wish to grow it but understanding the concept of 'backlink' is a problem.
I just checked today using moz and it detected One Dofollow backlink. I don't even know how that came to be.

Do help me with a simple tip.
Also, I've searched articles using google but do not understand how exactly this works. What they describe on their articles are majorly the importance of backlinks without giving examples of what could be done to OBTAIN A BACKLINK.
Kindly help out.
Thanks
Re: Help A Newbie by ViralMag: 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
To build backlinks, you need to link up your blog to other sites or blogs.
Re: Help A Newbie by stanliwise(m): 1:45am On Dec 22, 2019
CrEaToRmalden:
It's already 10 days since I got my blog up. I do wish to grow it but understanding the concept of 'backlink' is a problem.
I just checked today using moz and it detected One Dofollow backlink. I don't even know how that came to be.

Do help me with a simple tip.
Also, I've searched articles using google but do not understand how exactly this works. What they describe on their articles are majorly the importance of backlinks without giving examples of what could be done to OBTAIN A BACKLINK.
Kindly help out.
Thanks
Backlinks simply means when other websites refer back to your blog uaing a url link. This happens when your blog is so credible or when they copy something from your blog and posting reference.
just like the way Bloggers post their stuff on Nairaland and place their link.
The give search engine the idea that your site could be credible since other site referenced it.
Re: Help A Newbie by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2019
Check My Signature if u are interested to be successful in blogging
Re: Help A Newbie by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:26am On Dec 23, 2019
ViralMag:
To build backlinks, you need to link up your blog to other sites or blogs.

Hello Senior, how do I do this, thank you.
Re: Help A Newbie by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2019
stanliwise:
Backlinks simply means when other websites refer back to your blog uaing a url link. This happens when your blog is so credible or when they copy something from your blog and posting reference.
just like the way Bloggers post their stuff on Nairaland and place their link.
The give search engine the idea that your site could be credible since other site referenced it.

Oh, this reference to Nairaland has given me a better idea now.
In essence, do you mean when a page on another website mentions my url, it becomes a backlink?
Re: Help A Newbie by stanliwise(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2019
CrEaToRmalden:

Oh, this reference to Nairaland has given me a better idea now.
In essence, do you mean when a page on another website mentions my url, it becomes a backlink?
Yes, it works like dat.
Although don't just think by posting just one url on nairaland would give you powerful backlinks. Google is really smart on how they handle things.
Another way to get backlinks, is for user to share your post on their facebook page, twitter page etc
Re: Help A Newbie by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2019
stanliwise:
Yes, it works like dat.
Although don't just think by posting just one url on nairaland would give you powerful backlinks. Google is really smart on how they handle things.
Another way to get backlinks, is for user to share your post on their facebook page, twitter page etc

Thank you for your responses.
Re: Help A Newbie by Brardana: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
You may want to create something new for that matter anyway and then sell it for the big money later no matter how hard you will try to obtain that carefully. For sure do get me with everything here, I am really not that sure what to do or else it will be done there.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Create An Email With ".co.uk" Extension / I Need A Zimbra Box Or Good Webmail To Buy. / Buy Active 13k facebook page for 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.