Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. (11647 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Said It, Now It's Happening? / Wikileaks Cables: Shell's Grip On Nigerian State Revealed / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by DapoBear(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2010
isale_gan2:

I couldn't agree more with what you just said.  These people that are so blind to the evils of the U.S and their agents really confound me.  I've seen some outrageous comments on an earlier thread.  Already seen a couple here.  What is wrong with "our" people?  It's sickening how blind some of them are.  I applaud WikiLeaks.

And, it's not simple espionage.  Wait until we see all their notes about all the leaders they worked to overthrow in Africa, etc. 

-Isale Gangan

If the US were as weak as Nigeria, and Nigeria were as strong as the US, would we not do the same exact thing? Most of this stuff is just human nature.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by isalegan2: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

If the US were as weak as Nigeria, and Nigeria were as strong as the US, would we not do the same exact thing? Most of this stuff is just human nature.

DapoBear, I read your posts and I enjoy your contribution.  I don't know how old you are.  But if you don't already know what I and other people are talking about regarding US foreign policy in Africa, you will need to wait and see.  Gotta go. Will check back later.

-Isale Gangan
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by texazzpete(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

Leave them. The Russians, cubans, Chinese and the Israelis are doing the same thing, and even worse in some instances than the US. But of course 'American hegemony' and 'Yankee imperialism' sounds far more interesting than 'Cossack machinations' and 'Chinese expansionism' grin

Most of these leaks show the US indulging in the same back dealing that we all know everyone does. None is as alarming as the report that indicates that China has been involved in concerted attempts at cyber warfare, hacking of Google's servers and the servers of many industrial giants that are not even affiliated with Government. Yet these people here are content to look at China with such love!
The Chinese are probably busy downloading GEJ's email and poring over NNPC's oil portfolio even as we speak grin
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Are you ok , Who's dumbo ? Btw Who told you espionage is an effective tool for diplomacy ?

Again . . . . isn't that what ALL countries ought to be hard at work doing?
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Again . . . .   isn't that what ALL countries ought to be hard at work doing?
Espionage in international relations is a common thing but this time,the victim is the United states.It is an abuse of diplomatic immunity offered Us officials who have access to target nations.
It's mostly fuelled  by greed and insecutity.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by DapoBear(m): 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2010
texazzpete:

The Chinese are probably busy downloading GEJ's email and poring over NNPC's oil portfolio even as we speak grin

Probably true undecided If we cannot secure our borders, i doubt we have secured out computer systems either.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Espionage in international relations is a common thing but this time,the victim is the United states.It is an abuse of diplomatic immunity offered by Us officials who have access to target nations.
It's mostly fuelled  by greed and insecutity.

Please look up the meaning of the word Espionage.

Now, below is the original list as posted . . . .

Leadership dynamics and decision-making processes of key civilian and military officials; influence of corruption and patronage in decision-making. -- Status of relations among top leaders of African Great Lakes countries, especially Kigali and Kinshasa, and Kampala and Kinshasa. --

Plans and intentions regarding political succession, including post-election transitions; indications of coup plotting. -- Leader influence on popular opinion and popular sentiments. -- Influence on government leadership of religious organizations, interest groups, ethnic groups, and military. -- The role of military, intelligence, and security services in national policy decision-making and their control of government institutions and parastatals.

-- Leadership policies and actions that cause or respond to political instability or economic deterioration. -- Leadership financial resources and personal relationships. -- Government and public views about and evidence of impact of corruption and crime on internal stability and development

. -- Information on political stability, sources of instability, and nature of challenges to effective governance. -- Government plans and efforts to respond to threats to political stability; strategies for addressing underlying discontent. -- Changes inside key ministries and security forces, including personal dynamics, tribal politics and factions. -- Details on identities, motives, influence, and relations among principal advisors.

-- Biographic and biometric data, including health, opinions toward the US, training history, ethnicity (tribal and/or clan), and language skills of key and emerging political, military, intelligence, opposition, ethnic, religious, and business leaders. Data should include email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, fingerprints, facial images, DNA, and iris scans.

Aren't these all necessary information that All nations ought to have of others out there, well at least of their neighbors and maybe allies?
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please look up the meaning of the word Espionage.

Now, below is the original list as posted . . . .

Aren't these all necessary information that All nations ought to have of others out there, well at least of their neighbors and maybe allies?
which information are you talking about ? All these informations are classified especially the foreign policy.
do you think America will allow china or north korea to get information about her economy or military might ?
Spying in international relations in unacceptable even in common,nigeria,it's a treasonable felony.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2010
Foreign policy is classified?  shocked

The original post, I believe by @blacksta contained a list. I am not certain why you now have a hard time answering the simple question asked of you, of the contents of that list.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Foreign policy is classified? shocked
diplomatically,it is.if not why is US spying to get all those informations ?
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
Sigh! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Foreign policy is classified?  shocked

The original post, I believe by @blacksta contained a list. I am not certain why you now have a hard time answering the simple question asked of you, of the contents of that list.
And that list by blacksta is what US cares about Nigeria ? You called that foreign policy ? Your ignorance sometimes can be irritating.mschew
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And that list by blacksta is what US cares about Nigeria ? You called that foreign policy ? Your ignorance sometimes can be irritating.mschew

See me see wahala ooo!!! No be you come up with the out of the blues claim about foreign policy again? shocked
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by JOSETIM(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2010
Who cares if a million is coming from nig, abeg give me space make man breath
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

See me see wahala ooo!!! No be you come up with the out of the blues claim about foreign policy again? shocked
I talked about foreign policy and you directed me to blacksta's list.Wow,i never US is interested about rap ists in nigeria.you keeping saying it's not classified and i asked if US will let china know what her plans are economically,militarily or politically ? Cuz these are the motivating factors for espionage
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I talked about foreign policy and you directed me to blacksta's list.Wow,i never US is interested about rap ists in nigeria.you keeping saying it's not classified and i asked if US will let china know what her plans are economically,militarily or politically ? Cuz these are the motivating factors for espionage

Please go back to the page before this, and start again from where exactly in the conversation my initial question came in, and what I have actually SAID in all this.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please go back to the page before this, and start again from where exactly in the conversation my initial question came in, and what I have actually SAID in all this.
why are you drawing yourself back when we started from the point you were trying to justify US government spying on other countries ? You only picked foreign policy from a point i made
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
Sigh! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by tlops(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
wetin concern nigeria with wikileak, there is no need for that. I personally think we are security unconscious when it comes to things like this.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by marcus1234: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
tlops:

wetin concern nigeria with wikileak, there is no need for that. I personally think we are security unconscious when it comes to things like this.
not really. . .they might actually have something useful.who knows maybe about US dream of Nigeria's collapse in 2015.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by drjayzee(m): 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2010

The site's search capabilities don't seem to be great right now. So I used google, just entering the input "nigeria site:cablegate.wikileaks.org" into google.

Came up with this one too:
http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/cable/2010/02/10ABUDHABI97.html

¶2. (S/NF) AbZ began by expressing pride in the US-UAE 123 agreement
and the bilateral relationship generally. According to AbZ, the
123 is a powerful example for the region and provides a transparent
alternative to Iran's nuclear model. The UAE views Iran as a huge
problem that goes far beyond nuclear capabilities. Iranian support
for terrorism is broader than just Hamas and Hizballah. Iran has
influence in Afghanistan, Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, the Eastern
Province of KSA, and Africa (AbZ mentioned Nigeria specifically).
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Venezuelan President Hugo
Chavez have close, cooperative ties. If Iran acquires nuclear
weapons, the expeditionary aspect of its foreign policy will become
ever more challenging for neighboring states.

Questions:
A) Who is this group in Nigeria which Iran has influence over?
B) Is this group militant in nature?
C) What connection is there between the recent Iranian military shipments that were found in Lagos and supposedly meant for Gambia, and whoever is being supported by Iran in Nigeria?
D) What is Iran getting out of this arrangement?

I don't want to leap to speculation, but I think this is worth thinking about further.

ANSWERS:

ISLAMIC MOVEMENT OF NIGERIAhttp://www.islamicmovement.org/

Not yet, but have some weapons (mostly local) to protect their leaders, their army are called HURRAS.

C) What connection is there between the recent Iranian military shipments that were found in Lagos and supposedly meant for Gambia, and whoever is being supported by Iran in Nigeria?
Their leader has closed ties with guy in questions (the sheikh trying to clear the consignment), very closed member, works in Radio Iran (Hausa Version), broadcast Iran political idealogy, shiism, and global news.

Recently seeking for space to setup university, actually the university will be build for the above organization, and any member of the organization will get scholarship.

More of the organization;

1. Has over 1 Million members around Nigeria (mostly in North; Sokoto, Zaria, Kano, Bauchi, Adamawa, infact all most everywhere in the north).

2. Currently the son of their Leader El Zakzaky is under scholarship at University Tehran, Iran to study from Degree to Masters (full scholarship).

3. Their biggest enemy are Muslims (Sunni Muslims).

4. They highly respect their leaders. (I mean ready to die when leaders need them to do so).

5. Getting much and more donations/funding from Iranian Government, and religious leaders in Tehran

6. Has big ties with big Politician in NIgeria, also have members in Reps, Senates, Military, Police, SSS, etc.

7. Some time in 90's ignore "Boko"(Western Education), but now most of members highly dedicated on it and politically, enomically, and educationally advancing towards getting much and more positions anywhere you think in Naija.

8. Lest I forgot, the leader is a graduate of Economics with first class from ABU, Zaria.

This might be enof for you by now.

Feel free to ask for more, next time.

This is my small wikileaks against the organization you ask for, next story.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by drjayzee(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
Students sent to Iran by the Leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria have arrived there this week.

Source: http://www.islamicmovement.org/studentsarrived10.htm
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2010
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 02, 2010
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by nairaman66(m): 12:48am On Dec 02, 2010
Please desist from false news, Nigeria was not included in the leaks. Think America and American allies were targeted! Though president Mugabe and his vice were mentioned.

Obviously, the leak has been shaking the world till date,

Jay
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 02, 2010
What ''leak'' for goodness sake? undecided

Some of you guys can be so naive.

Anything that's been ''leaked'' WAS MEANT to come out.

What is meant to be hidden remains hidden. cool
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by webplay: 7:32am On Dec 02, 2010
Interesting,
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by 2dcore(f): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2010
ROSSIKE:

What ''leak'' for goodness sake? undecided

Some of you guys can be so naive.

Anything that's been ''leaked'' WAS MEANT to come out.

What is meant to be hidden remains hidden. cool

Wrong !!
The information was not meant to be seen outside the American govt.Americans citizens have protested this war for years!Now they have the concrete confirmation they need from an outsider who got the information from an insider in their own corrupt govt.
The American govt keeps a watchdog over other countries like they are incapable of wrong;here comes the answer and much needed disgrace for them. They can shut wikileaks if they want ;Am sure sane people have the necessary information needed to pass it to a million generations to come.I can only wish there was someone out there to blow a whistle on my own country NIGERIA!!
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by martinosi: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2010
2dcore:

Wrong !!
The information was not meant to be seen outside the American govt.Americans citizens have protested this war for years!Now they have the concrete confirmation they need from an outsider who got the information from an insider in their own corrupt govt.
The American govt keeps a watchdog over other countries like they are incapable of wrong;here comes the answer and much needed disgrace for them. They can shut wikileaks if they want ;Am sure sane people have the necessary information needed to pass it to a million generations to come.I can only wish there was someone out there to blow a whistle on my own country NIGERIA!!

U HAVE BEEN IN THE DARK FOR TOO LONG. U NEED TO WAKE UP,

THE PREVIOUS POSTER HAS SCHOOLED U BUT U REFUSE TO LEARN
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2010
nairaman66:

Please desist from false news, Nigeria was not included in the leaks. Think America and American allies were targeted! Though president Mugabe and his vice were mentioned.

Obviously, the leak has been shaking the world till date,

Jay
Which one should we believe now ? Nigeria has always been an ally to US
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
drjayzee:

ANSWERS:

ISLAMIC MOVEMENT OF NIGERIAhttp://www.islamicmovement.org/

Not yet, but have some weapons (mostly local) to protect their leaders, their army are called HURRAS.

Their leader has closed ties with guy in questions (the sheikh trying to clear the consignment), very closed member, works in Radio Iran (Hausa Version), broadcast Iran political idealogy, shiism, and global news.

Recently seeking for space to setup university, actually the university will be build for the above organization, and any member of the organization will get scholarship.

More of the organization;

1. Has over 1 Million members around Nigeria (mostly in North; Sokoto, Zaria, Kano, Bauchi, Adamawa, infact all most everywhere in the north).

2. Currently the son of their Leader El Zakzaky is under scholarship at University Tehran, Iran to study from Degree to Masters (full scholarship).

3. Their biggest enemy are Muslims (Sunni Muslims).

4. They highly respect their leaders. (I mean ready to die when leaders need them to do so).

5. Getting much and more donations/funding from Iranian Government, and religious leaders in Tehran

6. Has big ties with big Politician in NIgeria, also have members in Reps, Senates, Military, Police, SSS, etc.

7. Some time in 90's ignore "Boko"(Western Education), but now most of members highly dedicated on it and politically, enomically, and educationally advancing towards getting much and more positions anywhere you think in Naija.

8. Lest I forgot, the leader is a graduate of Economics with first class from ABU, Zaria.

This might be enof for you by now.

Feel free to ask for more, next time.

This is my small wikileaks against the organization you ask for, next story.

Man you dey on Drugs when you go cafe or abi you shake paraga this morning?

Kai! make you keep your Lyingleaks to yourself!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha: 'The Defection Of Our Colleagues Pained Us So Much' / 56 Political Parties Set To Unseat Wike In Rivers / Analysis Of Governor Umahi's First Term In Office By Wisdom Nwedene (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.