Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. (11647 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Said It, Now It's Happening? / Wikileaks Cables: Shell's Grip On Nigerian State Revealed / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by bababuff(m): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2010
I am waiting for the leaks.

Maybe we can get answers to some questions like;

Who killed Dele Giwa?

Who imported the Indian "ashewos" that Abacha died on top?

Was Abiola really poisoned with tea?

etc, etc.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2010
thank god these leaks are now coming out, i have tried to explain to various posters on here that the US are not our friends - there are so many incidents that they have been involved in around the world which demonstrate that their mission is economic and political dominance of weaker nations (by any means necessary) but our people still refuse to wake up to the reality that stares them in the face.

In the past when i tried explaining this i was dismissed as a conspiracy theorist, thank god wiki leaks is now exposing the evil that this nation has been perpetrating all over the world for decades, im really looking forward to hearing more on this. Bluetooth and Isale gan - thanks for trying to educate delusional nigerians on US imperialism and hegemony.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2010
here is footage of US soldiers in iraq killing innocent men, women and children in Iraq, and then laughing and joking about it.

this video was disclosed by wikileaks earlier this year, you'll never see this on any of the mainstream western news channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cjzRTEAnns
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by tolu001: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^^ Thank God there are still some people that understand the world polity on this forum, most Nigerians have been brainwashed, they see US as a mini god not knowing they are only there for their own selfish economic and political interests.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by martinosi: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2010
cap28:

here is footage of US soldiers in iraq killing innocent men, women and children in Iraq, and then laughing and joking about it.

this video was disclosed by wikileaks earlier this year, you'll never see this on any of the mainstream western news channels:

CAP28 there is something fishy about wikileaks as i remember about 5 years ago that
their was a website/forum run by USA Soldiers that showed pictures and Video-cams
of the Iraq & Afghan war. The USA Govt closed it down within 3 months of its opening becos it was showing some gruesome things done by the USA Troops.

So really brutality in the Iraq or Afghan war is nothing new as you can go to
any "under-ground website" and see these things.

Please watch this audio interview on on KPFA as
i have come to understand via research that this Wiki-leaks issues is planned

http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/63211
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by DapoBear(m): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
Another item mentioning naija, but primarily about France:

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/cable/2009/10/09PARIS1426.html

TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
----------------------
¶9. (SBU) The constitution and law prohibit trafficking in
persons for all purposes. However, trafficking in women and
children for commercial sexual exploitation, forced labor,
and petty crime is a problem. Prostitution is legal.
However, the law prohibits procuring, aiding, assisting,
maintaining, publicly soliciting, or profiting from the
prostitution of another individual. Enforcement of these
laws varied, and criminal activity related to prostitution
remained a problem. The country was a destination for
victims, primarily trafficked from Africa (notably Cameroon
and Nigeria), Central and Eastern Europe (notably Bulgaria
and Romania), the former Soviet Union, and increasingly Asia
(notably China), for prostitution and domestic servitude.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
martinosi:

CAP28 there is something fishy about wikileaks as i remember about 5 years ago that
their was a website/forum run by USA Soldiers that showed pictures and Video-cams
of the Iraq & Afghan war. The USA Govt closed it down within 3 months of its opening becos it was showing some gruesome things done by the USA Troops.

So really brutality in the Iraq or Afghan war is nothing new as you can go to
any "under-ground website" and see these things.

Please watch this audio interview on on KPFA as
i have come to understand via research that this Wiki-leaks issues is planned

http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/63211

you have a point, martinosi but the images of US soldiers brutalising iraqi civilians is still very damaging for the US administration who claim they are in Iraq to restore democracy.

anything is possible with regard to the US administration, remember these are the same people who assassinated their own president JFK , i therefore view everything which they are involved in with extreme suspicion.

I like Webster Tarpley, i think he knows what he's talking about and ive read his book on Obama where he accurately describes him as a manchurian candidate (puppet) of wall street, therefore there may be some truth to what he's saying. Im just going to keep my ears open and look at the information that wikileaks is disclosing, is it stuff which embarrasses the US or is it stuff which will give the US an excuse to launch their proposed illegal attack on Iran, im just waiting to see what unfolds.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by martinosi: 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
cap28:

you have a point, martinosi but the images of US soldiers brutalising iraqi civilians is still very damaging for the US administration who claim they are in Iraq to restore democracy. 

anything is possible with regard to the US administration, remember these are the same people who assassinated their own president JFK ,  i therefore view everything which they are involved in with extreme suspicion.

I like Webster Tarpley, i think he knows what he's talking about and ive read his book on Obama where he accurately describes him as a manchurian candidate (puppet) of wall street, therefore there may be some truth to what he's saying.  Im just going to keep my ears open and look at the information that wikileaks is disclosing, is it stuff which embarrasses the US or is it stuff which will give the US an excuse to launch their proposed illegal attack on Iran, im just waiting to see what unfolds.

When it comes to "Military attack times tables" its not possible for even
the best analyst or expert on Geo-political affairs to predict this especially is
that person is an outsider,  But Tarpley does get it right when you look
at the general specific picture

here is a link that points to that website that was banned by the USA Govt

www.americablog.com/, /us-soldiers-allegedly-trading-pictures.html -

These are Post by some of my American/Candian friends & Business Colleagues on another business forum i am a member off:

Re: wikileaks revelation thread

Brio Said

Wikileaks is propaganda, telling us what we already know under the guise of a patriot exposing govt lies. If they wanted to shut him down they would have already. That they haven't is proof (along with massive MSM exposure) that we are supposed to read the documents and believe everything they say (specifically what a threat Iran is).

honu5050 Said

Wikileaks (imo) is little more than an elaborate psy-op to (try to) give credibility to the accusations against Iran. Assange adds a rant against 9/11 conspiracy theorists and how Bin Laden is overseeing suicide bombers in Afghanistan. Incubator babies anyone?

ErrosionOfAccord Said

If there is no dirt on Israel in this dump I'll have litle choice but to agree that wikileaks is a psy-op job

Lore  Said

None of this stuff rings true. If the content is so sensitive and confidential, why have the entire Western mediaplex hype, hype, hype the daylights out of it?

Seems like junk disinformation to refresh/reinforce the mainstream Iran meme.

Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2010
martinosi:

When it comes to "Military attack times tables" its not possible for even
the best analyst or expert on Geo-political affairs to predict this especially is
that person is an outsider, But Tarpley does get it right when you look
at the general specific picture

here is a link that points to that website that was banned by the USA Govt

www.americablog.com/, /us-soldiers-allegedly-trading-pictures.html -

These are Post by some of my American/Candian friends & Business Colleagues on another business forum i am a member off:

Brio Said

Wikileaks is propaganda, telling us what we already know under the guise of a patriot exposing govt lies. If they wanted to shut him down they would have already. That they haven't is proof (along with massive MSM exposure) that we are supposed to read the documents and believe everything they say (specifically what a threat Iran is).

honu5050 Said

Wikileaks (imo) is little more than an elaborate psy-op to (try to) give credibility to the accusations against Iran. Assange adds a rant against 9/11 conspiracy theorists and how Bin Laden is overseeing suicide bombers in Afghanistan. Incubator babies anyone?

ErrosionOfAccord Said

If there is no dirt on Israel in this dump I'll have litle choice but to agree that wikileaks is a psy-op job

Lore Said

None of this stuff rings true. If the content is so sensitive and confidential, why have the entire Western mediaplex hype, hype, hype the daylights out of it?

Seems like junk disinformation to refresh/reinforce the mainstream Iran meme.

i think im gonna have to agree with you on this martinosi, the info coming out DOES seem rather tame when you think of all the atrocities that the US has been involved in worldwide since 1966, i mean where are all the destabilisation plots, coup detats against south american and african regimes and other left wing revolutionary govts.
If you look at the stuff coming out in respect of nigeria, we are yet to here anything about the US involvement in the overthrow of Murtala Muhammed which was definitely funded and backed by the CIA.
Even the overthrow of Buhari and subsequent installation of IBB is missing, well lets wait and see what else wiki leaks reveals.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by Amhatu(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
[size=7pt]
cap28

Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria.
« #66 on: Today at 02:27:14 PM »

here is  footage of US soldiers in iraq killing innocent men, women and children in Iraq, and then laughing and joking about it.

this video was  disclosed by wikileaks earlier this year, you'll never see this on any of the mainstream western news channels:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cap28

Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria.
« #65 on: Today at 02:10:31 PM »

thank god these leaks are now coming out, i have tried to explain to various posters on here that the US are not our friends - there are so many incidents that they have been involved in around the world which demonstrate that their mission is economic and political dominance of weaker nations (by any means necessary) but our people still refuse to wake up to the reality that stares them in the face.

In the past when i tried explaining this i was dismissed as a conspiracy theorist, thank god wiki leaks is now exposing the evil that this nation has been perpetrating all over the world for decades, im really looking forward to hearing more on this.  Bluetooth and Isale gan - thanks for trying to educate delusional nigerians on US imperialism and hegemony.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@cap28, that was a nice read.

I am sure our former President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua  also current President along with majority African Leaders new many years ago what this filthy Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America are all about. It is sad the people who have alliance to the Class & families of America continue to blindly follow this filth of America (USA).

The First order of the Day whom ever is elected the President of our Country Nigeria should remove any names associated with (Clinton's or any Western criminal) from our major highways and streets in Nigeria.

Shouldn't be a wonder why we have kidnappings in our country Nigeria when foreign western criminals are promoted on street names such as Clintons whom give orders to kidnap, kill and bomb people!!! Whomever is responsible for promoting criminals on our street names need to be brought before a hearing in Abuja,help remove the street names  or any signs associated with such foreign criminals. (We don't care how old you are!!!!!) After the signs are removed the street must be prayed over and cleaned with water along with giving the street a new name.

Thought these are more interesting articles I found below

: http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/crimes/29-11-2010/115984-wikileaks_embarrasses_us_in_espionage_leaks-0/

The part of the article that intrest me the most is: "Moreover, they were ordered to collect biometric material, including DNA and fingerprints, for diplomats from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi."

So sad, now take a look at how savage these clowns whom have allegiance to filthy Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America have become

[center][flash=320,240]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOshw4kIGR4[/flash]

Actual link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOshw4kIGR4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

NowLook how the filthly Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America
have left these people of Alligience to them in the dirt

[center][flash=320,240]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umxYy2Qjpak[/flash]

Actual link :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Finally the filthly Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America  want to smear the  Wikileaks founders name for telling the world the truth what they are all about. So very sad indeed. The USA Empire is about to be swept into the dustbin of History.[/size]
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by mystikal(m): 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2010
No Country is purfect, so hush it
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2010
read the leaked cable on Nigeria here: www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
Amhatu:

[size=7pt]

@cap28, that was a nice read.

I am sure our former President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua  also current President along with majority African Leaders new many years ago what this filthy Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America are all about. It is sad the people who have alliance to the Class & families of America continue to blindly follow this filth of America (USA).

The First order of the Day whom ever is elected the President of our Country Nigeria should remove any names associated with (Clinton's or any Western criminal) from our major highways and streets in Nigeria.

Shouldn't be a wonder why we have kidnappings in our country Nigeria when foreign western criminals are promoted on street names such as Clintons whom give orders to kidnap, kill and bomb people!!! Whomever is responsible for promoting criminals on our street names need to be brought before a hearing in Abuja,help remove the street names  or any signs associated with such foreign criminals. (We don't care how old you are!!!!!) After the signs are removed the street must be prayed over and cleaned with water along with giving the street a new name.

Thought these are more interesting articles I found below

: http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/crimes/29-11-2010/115984-wikileaks_embarrasses_us_in_espionage_leaks-0/

The part of the article that intrest me the most is: "Moreover, they were ordered to collect biometric material, including DNA and fingerprints, for diplomats from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi."

So sad, now take a look at how savage these clowns whom have allegiance to filthy Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America have become

[center][flash=320,240]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOshw4kIGR4[/flash]

Actual link :

Now, Look how the filthly Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America
have left these people of Alligience to them in the dirt

[center][flash=320,240]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umxYy2Qjpak[/flash]

Actual link :

Finally the filthly Political-Military-Industrial Class & families of America  want to smear the  Wikileaks founders name for telling the world the truth what they are all about. So very sad indeed. The USA Empire is about to be swept into the dustbin of History.[/size]

Amhatu thanks for posting those interesting videos, im still very unsure in my mind as to how Yaraduda died and my suspicion is that the US had a hand in his demise, with regard to our current leader  Goodluck Jonathan he is a US approved puppet, he is very very comfortable with the way that the US does business and is working in collaboration with the US to exploit his own people, Jonathan and his cronies are actually on the side of our enemies.

You are 100% right in saying that the current US govt is being run by a political military industrial class, these people are the most vicious and ruthless set of (sub) humans ever to exist , they will stop at nothing  to acheive their goal of world domination, if you want to understand how they operate go back and research the JFK assassination and then you will just begin to understand who these people are and the amount of power that they wield.

The majority of ordinary american people are functional illiterates, most of them are too stupid, too selfish and too lazy to even care about what their govt is doing in their name.

some background info on Wikileaks founder Julian Assange:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange#Early_life
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by martinosi: 11:17am On Dec 03, 2010
cap28:

i think im gonna have to agree with you on this martinosi, the info coming out DOES seem rather tame when you think of all the atrocities that the US has been involved in worldwide since 1966, i mean where are all the destabilisation plots, coup detats against south american and african regimes and other left wing revolutionary govts. 
If you look at the stuff coming out in respect of nigeria, we are yet to here anything about the US involvement in the overthrow of Murtala Muhammed which was definitely funded and backed by the CIA.
Even the overthrow of Buhari and subsequent installation of IBB is missing, well lets wait and see what else wiki leaks reveals.

You have a Point there CAP28, thats soo true!!! all the coups, overthrows and colour revolutions, not to mention the [b]"school of the America's" or "school of Coups" [/b]as they call it sitting in the heart of the USA (Columbus, Georgia) where most of the Military Leaders that ruled South American countries from the 1950's to present were trained,

See Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation

There are numerous videos on youtube & goodle-video which shows what has bee
happening in terms of "Covert/Overt Distabilisation,

Here is a Youtube link/vid

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9nXs1tQ7Q[/flash]
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by kobikwelu(m): 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2010
one thing is for sure!!!

julain assange would win the most popular man of the year 2011 hands down

heard he is in hiding
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
martinosi:

You have a Point there CAP28, thats soo true!!! all the coups, overthrows and colour revolutions, not to mention the [b]"school of the America's" or "school of Coups" [/b]as they call it sitting in the heart of the USA (Columbus, Georgia) where most of the Military Leaders that ruled South American countries from the 1950's to present were trained,

See Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation

There are numerous videos on youtube & goodle-video which shows what has bee
happening in terms of "Covert/Overt Distabilisation,

Here is a Youtube link/vid

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9nXs1tQ7Q[/flash]

of course they were trained and of course americans are puppet masters BUT it is still in our hands to cut off the strings. many asian countries don't have the problems african countries are dealing with because they know how to work the system. the system is corrupt, is manipulative but don't blame everything on 'the white man'. by doing so we are calling ourselves stupid

www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
archive:

of course they were trained and of course americans are puppet masters BUT it is still in our hands to cut off the strings. many asian countries don't have the problems african countries are dealing with because they know how to work the system. the system is corrupt, is manipulative but don't blame everything on 'the white man'. by doing so we are calling ourselves silly

www.thenigerianarchive.

you don't get it, nigeria is not militarily or economically powerful enough to cut off ties with the US or any other european nation for that matter.  There are a long list of countries who have been isolated and economically blockaded by the US and europe because they failed to fall in to line: Cuba, North Korea, Iran , Zimbabwe, Haiti to name a few and they are paying the price for it to date.  Those asian countries you mentioned are mainly client states who operate puppet govts, countries like indonesia are client states of the US and other european nations, they implement economic reforms which favour foreign investors and create mass poverty for their indigenous peoples, countries like indonesia and thailand run sweat shops filled with child labourers who manufacture cheap goods for US multinationals like nike, disney and other multinationals.  many workers in those countries live in urban shanty towns and work 24 hour shifts on a daily basis.

You are not seeing the bigger picture the US is militarily the most powerful nation on the planet and can force nations  to comply with its demands, failure to go along with their requests usually results in coup detats against stubborn regimes or in extreme cases military attack.
In the case of nigeria our leaders are not even patriotic enough to take a stand against the west, they really don't give a shi.t about nigeria and the people in it, their main concern is lining their own pockets, this makes it easier for western nations to exploit and control us because they know our leaders will never stand up and fight for the progress of the nation.  With other nations like cuba, north korea, haiti and libya you have nationalist movements within these countries which actually challenge western control.  Our so called leaders have no interest in nigeria or its people and are quite happy for the west to come in and ra.pe our economy, provided they get a piece of the cake.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
archive let me give you an example of a country that challenged the US's economic control over their economy.

In 1954 the CIA decided to overthrow a democratically elected head of state in a south american country known as Guatemala.  This man's name was Jacobo Arbenz.

What was this man's crime?  he tried to implement land reform policies which would have resulted in millions of acres of agricultural land being taken away from a powerful american multinatinational company known as United Fruit and returned to the rightful owners ie the peasant farmers who relied on this land for their livelihood.

what happened to  this man - he was denounced as a communist threat by the US state dept and overthrown in  a CIA managed coup d'etat, he was then replaced with a puppet dictator who returned this land back to United Fruit.

this man arbenz who wanted to help the poor in his country was victimised and forced out of his own country by the US govt, he ended up dying in exile in mexico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbd5CTQCXto&feature=related
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by mrofficial(m): 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
LONDON – WikiLeaks struggled to stay online Friday as governments and hackers hounded the organization across the Internet, trying to deprive it of a direct line to the public. Like a fugitive moving from house to house, WikiLeaks changed the name of its Web site after a U.S. company stopped directing traffic to wikileaks.org. French officials then moved to oust it from its new home.

"The first serious infowar is now engaged. The field of battle is WikiLeaks. You are the troops," tweeted John Perry Barlow, co-founder of the online free-speech group Electronic Frontier Foundation. His message was reposted by WikiLeaks to its 300,000-odd followers.

Legal pressure increased on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange after Swedish authorities revised a warrant for his arrest in response to procedural questions from British officials.

Assange's lawyer said that he is in Britain but that she hadn't received a warrant by Friday afternoon.

The 39-year-old Australian is wanted on allegations of rape and other sex crimes that emerged after a trip to Sweden in August.

Assange said that his arrest would do nothing to halt the flow of American diplomatic cables being released by his group and newspapers in several countries, and he threatened to escalate the rush of information if he is taken into custody.

Hundreds of cables have been published by WikiLeaks and several newspapers in recent days. Assange said that all of the cables had already been distributed in a heavily encrypted form to tens of thousands of people.

If something happens to him, he suggested, the password needed to decrypt the data will be released and all the secrets will go out at once.

"History will win," Assange said in a Web chat with readers of The Guardian newspaper, one of the media organizations helping to coordinate the documents' publication. "The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you."

WikiLeaks doesn't depend entirely on its website for disseminating secret documents; if it were knocked off the Web, the nationless organization could continue to communicate directly with news organizations. But the site provides a direct line to the public, fulfilling the organization's stated goal of maximum distribution for the secret documents it receives from mainly anonymous contributors.

In an online chat with readers of The Guardian, Assange promised to improve the availability of the website as soon as possible.

"Rest assured I am deeply unhappy that the 3 1/2 years of my work and others is not easily available or searchable by the general public," Assange said.

EveryDNS — a company based in Manchester, New Hampshire, that had been directing traffic to the website wikileaks.org — stopped doing so late Thursday after cyber attacks threatened the rest of its network. WikiLeaks responded by moving to a Swiss domain name, wikileaks.ch — and calling on activists for support.

By late Friday, WikiLeaks was up in at least three new websites.

The loss of support from EveryDNS just a minor annoyance because the site can leap from one name to the next, said Fraser Howard, a researcher with Internet security firm Sophos.

"The whack-a-mole analogy is fairly good," he said.

The Swiss address directs traffic to servers in France, where Industry Minister Eric Besson called it unacceptable to host a site that "violates the secrecy of diplomatic relations and puts people protected by diplomatic secrecy in danger."

The general manager of French web hosting company OVH, Octave Klaba, confirmed that it had been hosting WikiLeaks since early Thursday, after a client asked for a "dedicated server with , protection against attacks."

He said the company has asked a judge to decide on the legality of hosting the site on French soil.

"It is not up to the political realm or to OVH to request or decide the closure of a site, but rather up to the courts," Klaba said.

WikiLeaks has been brought down numerous times this week by what appear to be denial-of-service attacks. In a typical such attack, remote computers commandeered by rogue programs bombard a website with so many data packets that it becomes overwhelmed and unavailable to visitors. Pinpointing the culprits is difficult. The attacks are relatively easy to mount and can be performed by amateurs.

The attacks started Sunday, just before WikiLeaks released the diplomatic cables. To deal with the flood of traffic, WikiLeaks moved to Amazon.com's Web hosting facility, which has vast numbers of servers that can be rented as needed to meet surges.

But Amazon booted WikiLeaks from the site on Wednesday after U.S. congressional staffers started asking the company about its relationship to WikiLeaks. Amazon said it ousted the organization in part because the leaks could endanger innocent people.

The U.S. is conducting a criminal investigation into WikiLeaks' release of the diplomatic cables. Attorney General Eric Holder said this week that the leaks jeopardized national security, diplomatic efforts and U.S. relationships around the world.

In Washington, the lawmaker expected to take over the House Judiciary Committee in January, Republican Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, said he plans to conduct hearings on the matter.

Republican Sen. John Ensign of Nevada introduced a bill to amend the U.S. Espionage Act that would give prosecutors more flexibility to pursue a criminal case against Assange and his organization. But there was little chance of passing a new law in the remaining weeks of the congressional session.

Assange also risks legal action in his homeland, where Australia said it would detain Assange if possible in response to the warrant filed in the Swedish case by Interpol.

Wikileaks.ch, is owned by the Swiss Pirate Party, formed two years ago to campaign for freedom of information. Its officials said they gave Assange information on how to seek asylum in Switzerland.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101203/ap_on_hi_te/wikileaks#mwpphu-container

www.wikileaks.ch
www.wikileaks.nl
www.wikileaks.de

wink
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 11:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
i
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 11:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
I'm replying on my phone so I can't type as much as I would like but I would just like to say to the person who quoted me - yes I get it I really do. I know america is a bully and certain leaders who don't fall in line get dealt with. Suddam Hussein anyone? BUT this is still no excuse for the state of the country. Yes N.Korea is a big scary dictatorship but you know what? The people are fed. The infrastructure is there.
Leaders a re corrupt. We know this. But in most countries there is still a basic sense of responsiblity for their people. Why not in Africa? Why not play the game of the bully if you must, but at the very least look after your own?
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2010
And before anyone says "there's poverty in other countries too!" Yes - but not continent-wide poverty like Africa and the other amplified social issues like AIDS, corruption etc. Nigeria didn't get named 2nd most corrupt country for no reason.
I know this can change but Nigerians need to stop making excuses and face up to the truth. The deal Nigerians are being dealt is not good enough. Nigerians deserve better
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 12:13am On Dec 04, 2010
archive:

I'm replying on my phone so I can't type as much as I would like but I would just like to say to the person who quoted me - yes I get it I really do. I know america is a bully and certain leaders who don't fall in line get dealt with. Suddam Hussein anyone? BUT this is still no excuse for the state of the country. Yes N.Korea is a big scary dictatorship but you know what? The people are fed. The infrastructure is there.
Leaders a re corrupt. We know this. But in most countries there is still a basic sense of responsiblity for their people. Why not in Africa? Why not play the game of the bully if you must, but at the very least look after your own?

America is more than just a bully - its an empire.

Empires have just one goal - appropriation of wealth  and resources of other countries for themselves, the US's role in the world is to perpetuate and consolidate its position as world super power end of story, they have no positive agenda towards africa or nigeria except to exploit africa's natural resources.

Having said that you are right in saying that nigeria should provide basic services to its people, here we have a nation which makes billions in oil revenue annually but blatantly refuses to improve the standard of living of its own people, basic services such as constant electricity, affordable housing, health care services, affordable food , adequate infrastructure is what nigeria has been incapable of providing to its citizens for decades.

Given the amount of revenue that nigeria has made from oil exploitation its indeed a tragedy that nigeria can not provide any of these.

Sadly i cant see any change happening anytime  soon because nigeria is a divided nation in which our leaders use our ethnic differences as a tool to keep people divided and in a state of permanent confusion.

Tribalism is used for divide and conquer purposes, our leaders pit different tribes against each other in order to perpetuate themselves in power, there is no unified group of people in nigeria coming together to try and move the country forward.  Instead what you have are gangsters in power who have completely detached themselves from the ordinary nigerian man on the street and who do not see nigeria as their nation or a nation worth fighting for, they have no vision or long term positive goal for nigeria.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 12:18am On Dec 04, 2010
Ok I agree with what you have said cap but do you think that there is anyway to promote unity. I remember watchin a don on how the romans united the various english tribes and got them to work together as one. This was a turning point in developing england.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by cap28: 1:15am On Dec 04, 2010
archive:

Ok I agree with what you have said cap but do you think that there is anyway to promote unity. I remember watchin a don on how the romans united the various english tribes and got them to work together as one. This was a turning point in developing england.

the only way to promote unity in nigeria is for all nigerians to recognise that we are all victims of the same people who are destroying nigeria, the ordinary nigerian man on the street has a common enemy and that enemy is the ruling elite who have hijacked the resources of nigeria and are using these resources as if they are their personal property.

the way forward for nigeria is for a grass roots movement to come forward which will be willing to unite across different ethnic groups and work as a unified and organised movement, the goal being to get rid of the current ruling elite which has destroyed nigeria.  this is the only viable option for progress in nigeria today, the current system of governance is so corrupt that there is no way nigeria can ever progress with people like that in power, there has to be a complete overhaul of the current system.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by CELEBCURRY(f): 5:08am On Dec 04, 2010
US government already removed the site and taking more steps to suppress.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by mrofficial(m): 5:10am On Dec 04, 2010
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by DapoBear(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2010
The guy should just publish all the material all at once on BitTorrent. That way nobody can prevent the data from being available. Dunno why he is so pressed to release it slowly. Very annoying. . .
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by stranger: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2010
DapoBear:

The guy should just publish all the material all at once on BitTorrent. That way nobody can prevent the data from being available. Dunno why he is so pressed to release it slowly. Very annoying. . .

For maximum effect I guess
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by archive(f): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2010
Thanks Cap. I'm going to write a post on ethnic unity soon
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by gowaga68: 11:33am On Dec 04, 2010
Hello all,
i lent some one downloaded it all can u pls send me a copy plllllsssss could not see a damn thing scrambled i guess.
gowaga68@yahoo.com is my address pls.
Re: Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. by drjayzee(m): 4:02am On Dec 05, 2010
vedaxcool:

Man you dey on Drugs when you go cafe or abi you shake paraga this morning?

Kai! make you keep your Lyingleaks to yourself!

Ah ! see me see trouble o boy, don't joke with me o, seem you don't exactly know what you are saying DapoBear seems to looking for answers, and I clearfully provided them based on the facts I have, and I posted link to their website too, which u may need to visit to clarify things for yourself.

You just pop up and posting rubbish trying to insult some one, be careful, cos I take things serious, whos lying here, fu c.kng idiot, instead of highlighting or call my attention on particular point that you need clarification, which I can easily provided, you just go ahead with insult.

Next we will see who is actually doing drugs, watch out, and if you don't know how to make a sinsible comment keep quit !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha: 'The Defection Of Our Colleagues Pained Us So Much' / 56 Political Parties Set To Unseat Wike In Rivers / Analysis Of Governor Umahi's First Term In Office By Wisdom Nwedene (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.