Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Post Exam Blues - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Post Exam Blues (233 Views)

Best Bluetooth Speaker For Blues / Do Blues Actually Seduce Women? / Is It Wrong For A Guy To Like Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post Exam Blues by Queerlyshrewd: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2019
It's the 3rd day after our last paper and 2 more days till the results are out. I havent slept for more than 3 hours since and i still feel a sense of purposelessness; there's suddenly just so much time. This is my post exam state and it's not just me. John had to take a long stroll just to aid the inactivity and Chima had to invite a girl over just so he doesn't drown.

Two days to our last paper, i and three friends gathered together talking about how much we would sleep when the exam was over and how we would not even read a sign post.
I remember someone interjecting saying we wouldn't be able to sleep afterwards and may even miss reading.
It's not like we didn't believe what he said.
We just hoped it wouldn't be.

The worst part aside the mental pain of awaiting results is the loss of interest in previously enjoyable things.
You almost forget what you used to do that was fun and distracting.
There's also the "neediness". you would rather be with people than be alone. Its the best time to squash animosities.

There is a medical explanation to this
Hear it out;

"the stress hormone Cortisol increases causing a decrease in the neurotransmitter Serotonin, which is critical for coping and general well-being. We are happier, more relaxed, and more able to cope when our Cortisol and Serotonin levels are in balance.
The sustained stress you'd been experiencing came to an abrupt halt with the submission of your last assignment or at the end of your last exam. So, no more stress, but it's likely you were left vulnerable to the blues because of the reduced level of Serotonin in your system."
Not everyone gets to go through this phase.
Some folks actually continue living life from where they left off. They are off on trips, concerts, 'parte after parte'.
What makes the difference? Why do some people struggle with so much time And others are hoping days dont end?

Well, this is my opinion of it.
Preparation is key.
Those who enjoy their holidays have planned it months ago.
While reading, they dreamt about it. All that they would do during the holiday was an extra motivation to passing.
People who finish an exam and dont know what to do with themselves were most likely just completely centred on passing and nothing more.
Their motivation was a fear for failure .
This is a classic case of prevention better than cure .
While prepping for a paper, make a plan.
Be it a travel plan, an activity schedule or a bucket list.
Add that to one of the reasons to be done with the exam once and for all.

There's just another reason...
As mean as this may sound
There are folks Who live for just books and exams. Taking away medicine or whatever they study so passionately is a first class ticket to depression.
The advice? Get a life outside your life , have a contingency plan. For time is so fleeting, make the most of what's left.

For more
Visit
http://www.jonathaniseiblog..com

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Marry A Broke Lady / Check Out This Out!!! / Men's Stuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.