Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload (23442 Views)

Mum Says Onitsha Hospital Nurses Told Her To Buy Thermometer To Check Her Baby / Entrance Of Lagos University Teaching Hospital Will Shock You (photo) / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by madgoat(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
FOUR parties to attend with free rice and drinks within 6 months. It must really be an exciting place to be. cheesy
Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by Mosesvic(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Those nurses dah will carry dia personal problems and put on patients... like most of dem r jxt very careless. And nt bothered abt patients.
I cant forget d experience I had in dat upth...

I hope a patient hasn't cursed dem sha.
They should investigate beta.
Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by otokx(m): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
You see Nigerians whose real age is 55 but in paper they will be claiming 35. When you ask them to do a certain task it is then you will know the truth.

The workforce is always large in payroll but on the ground is scanty. The dodgers and absentees are many.

The mgt in Nigeria will provide funds and the middle supervisors use it for something else worse still the mgt themselves divert it.

Is it not the same UPTH that one goes and has to buy all the consumables despite paying for dressing. The last time we went, the "young" matron fell asleep while dressing a post surgery wound.

This matron insists only her must do the dressing and everyone pays 500 naira to her. The first time my doctor friend ~ a senior resident surgeon did the dressing, the nurses almost ate him raw that its their jurisdiction meanwhile he did it so well.

It appears this senior old nurse must have gone for night vigil hence her sleeping on the job. Nobody told us to buy the kit from the pharmacy and do the dressing ourselves afterwards.

Meanwhile there is an abundance of student doctors, pharmacists, nurses. records staff so it even reduces the stress.

What UPTH needs is massive infrastructure and provision of consumables and drugs.

Meanwhile UPTH and indeed other teaching hospitals, Primary Health Centres, Universities, etc are a mirror reflection of the Nigerian society.

1 Like

Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by midnighter(f): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
otokx:
You see Nigerians whose real age is 55 but in paper they will be claiming 35. When you ask them to do a certain task it is then you will know the truth. The workforce is always large in payroll but on the ground is scanty. The dodgers and absentees are many. The mgt in Nigeria will provide funds and the middle supervisors use it for something else worse still the mgt themselves divert it. Is it not the same UPTH that one goes and has to buy all the consumables despite o

An interesting take.

And it was the ministry of finance that told them to be financially prudent. Who knows how much money the management had been gulping before that

Everybody is just lying through their teeth hoping that they wont be the next to die.
Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by Patojargz: 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2019
Setup! No doubt! cry cry cry
Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by ceaser: 2:31am On Dec 23, 2019
Greatness28:
R.I.P

But Which Workload? Nursing Work are Shifting (Morning, Afternoon And Night. Beside, are they not paying there Salary as at when due.?

Let them accept it that, is God time

It's not about the shift, don't you get it?

A single nurse on a shift in a ward that has 20 patients versus one nurse in a ward with 3 patients.

Five nurses per shift handling the same number of 20 in-patients will be less stress on the caregivers and of course more productivity in the long run.

A healthy worker is a productive worker. It's simple logic.

1 Like

Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by gaskiyamagana: 5:27am On Dec 23, 2019
Bolatitto56:
This is quite similar to what's happening in oau. Understaffing should be stopped abeg
Money to employ more staff is being chop chop as so and so bonuses, expenses and projects by those on top of administration. This is common to MOST of establishments in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by luluosas(m): 6:48am On Dec 23, 2019
This is terrific. My condolences to the bereaved families

1 Like

Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by Akowemoon(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2019
englishmart:
A lot of the nurses I know are lazy and careless. Something else is responsible for their deaths certainly not the workload. Workload and most truck-pushers I know are still alive?
What are you saying?. Attending to just a patient as a nurse is not as easy as u think. Now, think of 4 patients in a day with critical cases. Nurses aren't lazy, it is the workload and poor staffing system that has made u to think so
Re: 4 UNIPORT Teaching Hospital Nurses Die In Six Months, Staff Blame Workload by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 23, 2019
upth medical staff, so heartless to patients.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latunde Odeku, Nigeria's First Neurosurgeon / Coronavirus: Cure In Sight As Australian Scientists Recreate Virus / What Can Be The Cause Of My Friend's Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.