Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate (5642 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by jarkbauer: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
According to a highly placed source, former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme will head the committee that would screen those shortlisted and come up with what the source called “ a level headed, focused, acceptable candidate who also has the capacity to step into Atiku’s shoes come 2015” Top on the list is [b]madam Ngozi okonjo Iweala [/b]others who may will likely make the list are Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, former Information minister, Emeka Chikelu, Ken Nnnamani, and Charles Soludo
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Blazay(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2010
No!
She is not a politician.

Before Atiku carry am put for im bed abandon affairs of the contri.
How you go carry congo put near man wey like congo as president and VP?
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Omenani(m): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2010
I would support that. We need an Iron Lady in charge. That would be a progressive move.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2010
Seems like some people are smoking cheap ish here. Madam values her integrity far too much to be on a ticket with Atiku
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by SapeleGuy: 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
If Atiku can pull this off it will be a masterstroke because this woman has gravitas and the respect of the whole country.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by excanny: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Poster. First, i dont know where you got your fake news.

But if you cooked this out of your imagination, you must be smoking a heavy heap of grass.

Is Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala a member of the PDP? Or even a politician.

Dude, go take a shower.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2010
Be that as it may, British SFO will move to investigate her by tommorow. This Atiku team dey smart n keeps complicating the arithemetics for the Gej team. Assuming formlessness here n there. Tommorow they might come up with the hint that Atiku may run with Chinua Achebe!

Gej's team lacks the political sagacity to solve Atiku's political arithmetics/equation - The Great Okadigbo(may his soul RIP) wld hv said so.

For me, I dey laugh
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by mensdept: 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2010
jarkbauer:

According to a highly placed source, former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme will head the committee that would screen those shortlisted and come up with what the source called “ a level headed, focused, acceptable candidate who also has the capacity to step into Atiku’s shoes come 2015” Top on the list is [b]madam Ngozi okonjo Iweala [/b]others who may will likely make the list are Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, former Information minister, Emeka Chikelu, Ken Nnnamani, and Charles Soludo

Emeka Chikelu and Ike Ekweremadu are listed to add to the number sheh?

I thought one would first clinch the ticket of their party before "announcing" their Vice.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2010
mens dept:

Emeka Chikelu and Ike Ekweremadu are listed to add to the number sheh?

I thought one would first clinch the ticket of their party before "announcing" their Vice.
we dey do things here sharp sharp. Molue no dey stop 4 lagos b4 u jump down. here no b yankee. Gej never pick ticket but his campaign is Jonathan/Sambo.
No blame atiku
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by kcjazz(m): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2010
From what I read, Atiku suggested her to Obasanjo in 2003 undecided , maybe she is considered but again lets wait and see
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2010
Atiku must be cool with that woman because they both live/lived in Potomac. I know Atiku sold his house.
If Iweala is his VP, I would sadly vote for the man. She is so qualified and by the end of his tenure, she would have enough political experience for Nigeria. He can steal women and SE votes with this move. If they do a good job and she runs in 2015, i think this would be excellent for Nigeria.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2010
We need a source though, b4 i get happy for no reason
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
jumobi1:

We need a source though, b4 i get happy for no reason
HAHAHA. Bros, I understand ur position which I share based on source. But wether true or just a rumour, I feel happy about this combo. Try and b happy. Pretend as if it is already confirmed
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2010
I'm drinking to this news. CHEERS!!!
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by excanny: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2010
It would be a political disaster. I know Atiku is more smarter than that.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by egift(m): 12:53am On Nov 30, 2010
excanny:

It would be a political disaster. I know Atiku is more smarter than that.
Bros what is GEJ afraid of? Stop panicking. If Atiku pull this off, he sure have half of Nigeria on stand-by grin grin grin

Men this will be a sound slap on the amateurish JEGA/Sambo gang-up grin
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by ChineduEZ: 12:56am On Nov 30, 2010
i dey laugh o!
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by ladi02(m): 1:13am On Nov 30, 2010
Atiku is definitely going to choose a credible person as his running mate. . .looks like Jonathan's chances of getting the ticket talkless of winning the election is slim. . .he can keep dashing out $50,000 it wont take him any where. . .RUBBISH!
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by egift(m): 1:47am On Nov 30, 2010
ladi02:

Atiku is definitely going to choose a credible person as his running mate. . .looks like Jonathan's chances of getting the ticket talkless of winning the election is slim. . .he can keep dashing out $50,000 it wont take him any where. . .RUBBISH!
Even if he emptied the Nations reserve, it will still not save him. One thing is that if Baba know things can't redeemed, he knows when to recalculate. grin grin grin
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by googles: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2010
Atiku/Iweala

funniest combination of all times. Not like it matters tho' even if he picks Condoleeza Rice as running mate the man still wont win undecided
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2010
Sorry Atiku lacks the credibility to rule this country no matter who he would pick as vice. To save ourselves,Nigerians should look towards Muhammadu Buhari

He has the discipline and courage to straighten up our dear Nation.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by dustydee: 11:13am On Nov 30, 2010
^^^Buhari is the best of the lot so far but again politics in Nigeria is not about the best.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Mesef1: 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2010
If what I know about this woman is correct, she will not fall for this!

I'm sure she wouldn't fancy such position not even with somebody like Atiku who is wanted for money laundering and bribery scandal in the US where she is so esteemed as the VP of the World Bank.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by confetti(f): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2010
I really don't understand the reasoning of some posters. Madam Iweala resigned from Obj's cabinet in order not to soil her name and you guys think she will ever leave her MD work @ world Bank to be Atiku's running mate? Madam knows exactly what transpired in that regime especially as she was Finance Minister. She will never stoop so low. Not for Atiku whom the whole world knows he has issues to clear with the United States Government. Its only opportunists that will ever associate with him. Madam Iweala will never try it no matter how juicy the office made be.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2010
Yeah right!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Laughable.

She has too much class to be seen with such a ritarded crook!
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Sagamite(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2010
jabbok:

we dey do things here sharp sharp. Molue no dey stop 4 lagos b4 u jump down. here no b yankee. Gej never pick ticket but his campaign is Jonathan/Sambo.
No blame atiku

Do you really have a brain in your head?

What kind of example is that?

Is Sambo not already his VP?
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by twinskenny(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Yeah right!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Laughable.

She has too much class to be seen with such a ritarded crook!

spot on
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Ymodulus: 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2010
i dey laugh oo
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by monkeyleg: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2010
Authoritatively That will not happen. Ngozi will not work for that guy,So forget it
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by softgirl1: 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ Atuku and poster I dey laugh oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Ericology(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2010
naijababe:

Seems like some people are smoking cheap ish here. Madam values her integrity far too much to be on a ticket with Atiku

U took this exactly out of my mouth, Ngozi doesnt mess around, Shes not ur normal politician
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Beaf: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2010
Who even dreamt up this rubbish. How can someone of Iweala's stance in the World serve under a thief who is wanted in the US?
Who is dreaming up this nonsense? Someone needs to catch that person so that we can pour petrol and find the right size of tyre. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unsung Heroes: Igbo Officer Who Sacrificed His Job For South West Justice / Nigeria: End Of Road For Sylva, As Supreme Court Dismisses Case / Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.