Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' (20396 Views)

Amaechi Attacks Wike Over Igbo Denial? / Bayelsa: Wike Says Dickson Traded Off Bayelsa To APCBut Was Blocked By Silva / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by NicoleBonds: 6:48am On Dec 23, 2019
I thought River State have won in court?
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by frankmoney(m): 6:50am On Dec 23, 2019
Esseite:
Dickson is only trying to create a fight where there is none.. wike only raised an issue on disrespect to customary practise.

Wike only wondered why a PDP Governor, a neighbouring state, a party leader could not pay courtesy visit to him before embarking on internal visits to traditional chiefs?

Even obasanjo had to visit el-rufai before proceeding for internal meetings in Kaduna..

The Governors usually welcome Buhari at the airport, then take to the traditional leaders before accessing the people..

same thing happened when amaechi was governor , Dickson and wike paid a visit to the traditional chiefs without meeting amaechi .

1 Like

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by preciousjun(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2019
HopeAtHand:
Dickson should keep quiet if he has nothing to say
Compliment of the season bros.....
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by verifiablefacts: 6:59am On Dec 23, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Watch and see
if Wike no die by then,make we pray you die? Yes/No
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by fof1: 7:01am On Dec 23, 2019
Ctorch:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/369471-dickson-attacks-wike-says-bayelsa-not-annex-of-rivers.html?fbclid=IwAR12EvDDz6pYaGKVKnksv6JIBr-SNGzjUnygM8ibytlhE5FSez-9CjgyKKg

GOVERNOR WIKE SHOULD KNOW HIS LIMITS AND TALK LESS. HE IS TOO LOQUACIOUS ATIMES AND DISRESPECTFUL LIKE HIS FORMER BROTHER GOVERNOR AMAECHI. I DON'T KNOW WHETHER IKWERRE YOUTHS ARE NOT SCHOOLED OR TAUGHT ENOUGH TO BE RESPECTFUL TO ELDERS, FAR ELDERS IN D LAND. IMAGINE D AMAYANABO OF KALABARI AT 90 YEARS OLD AND U ARE DISRESPECTING HIM...WIKE,PLS HEAR WORD AND HEAR IT WELL,PLS.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Rekhina(f): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2019
Tjah:

Were dem dey call anioma?? Watin dem get?? Who anioma help??
Anioma ko, animal ni!
Who do Niger delta this thing , this pride ga efochuo na Anya rumuikwerri pride goes b4 fall
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Rekhina(f): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:

I can see your stupidity is glaring....

What's your business in Rivers politics.
Ask of generalqueen uniport ,go and ask I might not come from there but I know ikwerres are always full of pride and prejudice.
Rivers unity has always been my priority , Y not live in peace ,y bringing ..... Gush lemme stop here
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by AfonjaBoston: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2019
verifiablefacts:

if Wike no die by then,make we pray you die?
Yes/No

Ask this question Dec 31st 2020
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by mu2sa2: 7:19am On Dec 23, 2019
The statement by wike and Dickson's reaction sounds like coming from inebriated men who lack common decency. With elections behind them and thus no need to organize killer thugs, they have turned on each other.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by joshuanwankwo(m): 7:24am On Dec 23, 2019
RoyalUc:
Abeg, I dey stand between the two of una. Make una drop the bottle wey dey una hands before una go use am break the heads of ordinary people for street.

dem fit start with yours so no stand 4 their middle

1 Like

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by RoyalUc(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2019
joshuanwankwo:

dem fit start with yours so no stand 4 their middle

grin grin grin

If that wan happen, na im be sey I don hammer.
grin
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2019
frankmoney:
same thing happened when amaechi was governor , Dickson and wike paid a visit to the traditional chiefs without meeting amaechi .

I think that was a campaign period.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by frankmoney(m): 7:34am On Dec 23, 2019
Esseite:

I think that was a campaign period.
nahh it was during the time of the soku oil well saga
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by joshuanwankwo(m): 7:34am On Dec 23, 2019
RoyalUc:

grin grin grin
If that wan happen, na im be sey I don hammer. grin

after breaking your head ? like am not understand again
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by SEGLIZ: 7:35am On Dec 23, 2019
wike is sure sick, suffering from mouth diarrhea. this is it when we keep voting nuisance into office to govern over us.
a serious governor would not have time spewing trash from his senses, the deficit on ground is more than enough to give room to engage in idle or beer parlour reasoning.
administrators in developed world still go on sleepless nights trying to get better but with this our tumbo, burukutu and opaeyin stinkers we will keep larking behind.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by nototribalist: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Coldie:
Wike is not a visionary leader.

Rivers people don enter one chance

Na you dey build the projects that he's building everywhere abi?

Rivers are in good hand, APC agents keep off

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by gido2017: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2019
DelTel:
Dickson finally got his mojo back, speaking out albeit late!

Wike has been treating and talking to most if not all PDP Governors like his houseboys. Only Fayose he accorded some respects. Dickson's led committee did alot to stabilize PDP when Fayose and Wike sold out the party to Sheriff cos of their greed and selfish interest.

Though Wicked Wike can not be blamed for PDP's loss of Bayelsa but Dickson himself.

Clannish Wike visiting and working for Buhari in the night and talking tough against Buhari in the day.

Soku Oil shouldn't be an issue since Dickson enjoyed the windfall while it lasted and the original owner Rivers State is getting it back. Soku Oil was majorly between GEJ and Ameachi, Soku was erroneously mapped to Bayelsa by the Nigerian Boundary Commission few years ago which the Commission admitted to subsequently but curiously the powers that be refused to accept the correction and kept paying Bayelsa State the derivation as GEJ was President and Ameachi outburst against the Federal Govt and policies like Sovereign Wealth Fund and even contesting and winning the NGF chair against GEJ choice, preference and undemocratic acceptance of Jang as NGF chair led by Akpabio.

I would have responded and contributed to your opinion but merely reading the third statement in your second paragraph just proved how myopic and ignorant you are about it. May be it's your chronic hatred for wike in display I don't know.

You saying that Wike sold out pdp to Sherrif is so misleading and wicked of you. Because even the entire people of Bayelsa and Nigerians at large can not be deceived about Wike role to stabilize the party.
But I will not say much, save this response of mine in your archive and see what happens by 2022-2023. Them we shall know who saved PDP and how it will be saved by then.

But any how make we know kill ourselves for those men because their family dey live better life abroad.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by RoyalUc(m): 8:01am On Dec 23, 2019
joshuanwankwo:

after breaking your head ?
like am not understand again

Do you remember that song; Tinubu you don hit car... grin grin
No be only one Governor o! Two...

No joke I dey o grin
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by wink2015(m): 8:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Bayelsa governor, Seriake Dickson, has warned his counterpart in Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, not to see Bayelsa as an annex of Rivers State.

“Let me put it on record, this is the first time I will formally respond to Wike’s childishness in this formal way. I have always ignored with pain and regret all the previous vituperations and his attempt to belittle and intimidate this state and our leadership.

“His unfriendliness towards this state is not hidden. It’s not just me, it’s about our state and our people, he has done that a couple of times but I decided to stomach it for several reasons,” Mr Dickson said on Saturday while briefing reporters in Yenagoa.

Mr Dickson’s remarks at the briefing is contained in a statement issued on Sunday afternoon by his spokesperson, Fidelis Soriwei.

The governor was reacting to Mr Wike’s outburst against his (Dickson) visit to a traditional leader in Rivers, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari kingdom, Theophilus Princewill.

The visit took place in April, almost eight months ago before Mr Wike came out to speak publicly against it two weeks ago.

Governor Wike had said Mr Dickson’s visit was a breach of protocol since the Bayelsa governor did not notify the “appropriate authorities”. He accused him of trying to destabilise Rivers State.

Mr Dickson said he visited the traditional leader to condole with him and his people over “the killing of Ijaw sons and daughters of the area during Mr Wike’s own gubernatorial election”.

Mr Dickson said he tried to reach Mr Wike but could not, and that his chief of staff and security detail, on his own directive, contacted the security details and a senior aide to the Rivers governor on his planned trip to Rivers.

“I want to make it clear as governor of this state, either me or any other person who will be governor, we don’t need Governor Wike’s permission to visit our traditional rulers and elders in Port Harcourt or any part of Rivers State.

“Since he doesn’t understand courtesy and is not prepared to show courtesy, then that courtesy will not be extended to him. Bayelsa is not an annex of Rivers State that he can intimidate at will,” the governor said.

The statement from the Bayelsa Government House quoted Mr Dickson as saying he would lead other Ijaw leaders “to participate in any activity that might be put in place to celebrate the foremost monarch, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari who would turn 90 in January 2020”.

He accused Mr Wike of having a hand in the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and also fighting oil wars with neighbouring states like Imo and Akwa Ibom.

He also accused Mr Wike of trying to destabilise Ijaw ethnic group in order to promote “ethnic supremacist political agenda”.

“The Good people of Rivers State should not be preys in the hands of Wike who want to promote disunity and hatred in Ijaw land because he is promoting an ethnic supremacist political agenda in the state.

“And I want that recorded, that Governor Wike is deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land because of his ethnic supremacist political agenda which he knows that Bayelsa, particularly Governor Dickson and my agenda will not support. That’s what he’s doing.”

“As we speak, because of the level of social and business interactions, most of our people and leaders live in Port Harcourt, and so I have been very reluctant since he started his unreasonable hostility towards us.

“I have been very reluctant even to respond publicly, out of respect for our historical ties, respect for the good people of Rivers State itself, whom he is misrepresenting, and the other point is yes Wike can attack Bayelsa, because he doesn’t have his indigenous Ikwerre people in Bayelsa State.

“But the Governor of Bayelsa has his indigenous Ijaw people who are major stakeholders in Rivers state. So as a result of these, for the past four to five years, since he started his childish and unguarded drunken behavior, I’ve been very reserved responding.

“But I have had to formally do so and Governor Wike knows that I’m not someone who shies away. I have had to hold myself because the Governor of Bayelsa represents much more than governorship of a state. Out of respect for our people in Rivers state, I’ve always held back, but this time, no, he has gone too far,” Mr Dickson said.

Disputed oil wells – the Soku oil wells – is fueling the rift between the two governors.

An Abuja Federal High Court reportedly declared that the oil wells belong to Rivers, but the Bayelsa government said such did not tenable since, according to them, the Supreme Court struck out a case brought by Rivers before it on the disputed oil wells.

Governor Dickson at the Saturday briefing insisted that the oil wells belong to Bayelsa, saying they are located in Oluasiri, Nembe Local Government Area of the state.

Bayelsa was created from the then Rivers State on October 1, 1996. The two states share a lot in common in terms of culture, tradition, and politics
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/369471-dickson-attacks-wike-says-bayelsa-not-annex-of-rivers.html?fbclid=IwAR12EvDDz6pYaGKVKnksv6JIBr-SNGzjUnygM8ibytlhE5FSez-9CjgyKKg

DICK-HEAD IS STILL TALKING DESPITE HIS POOR PERFORMANCE AS A GOVERNOR FOR 8 YEARS IN BAYELSA STATE.

The best way to seek sympathy for himself so that he can aspire to the senate is to play into ethnic issues.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by otokx(m): 8:05am On Dec 23, 2019
If Bayelsans can develop Yenagoa, Sagbama, Kaiama and even Odi, there will not be any need for them to stay in Port Harcourt and work in Bayelsa. These towns and others are not totally in water and have link roads.

On the other hand, the ijaws, abuas and some other ethnic nationalities of Rivers State who have affinity with Bayelsa should be wise. There are areas of Rivers State you have to first go to Bayelsa before you can access them, real riverine areas long forgotten by Rivers State government despite the fact that they have oil.

In all of this I salute the political acumen of the Ikwerres, they plotted their graph so well, its back to back to back to back.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by DelTel(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2019
gido2017:

I would have responded and contributed to your opinion but merely reading the third statement in your second paragraph just proved how myopic and ignorant you are about it. May be it's your chronic hatred for wike in display I don't know.

You saying that Wike sold out pdp to Sherrif is so misleading and wicked of you. Because even the entire people of Bayelsa and Nigerians at large can not be deceived about Wike role to stabilize the party.
But I will not say much, save this response of mine in your archive and see what happens by 2022-2023. Them we shall know who saved PDP and how it will be saved by then.

But any how make we know kill ourselves for those men because their family dey live better life abroad.

I do not hate Wike or anyone for that matter.

How can someone who so much loves his party impose Secondus as party chair, stood aloof to Atiku's campaign because his chosen Tambuwal lost, accuse and destabilize the party because Hon. Elumelu became Minority Leader as against his choice of Chindah, threaten the party publicly against moving the party convention from Port Harcourt. A good partyman must not always take it all.

All these info are in public domain.

I am not a PDP supporter though but I believe viable opposition should come from them not the charade we currently witnessing from PDP.

No one is killing anyone abeg grin; we are only discussing and sharing knowledge, perhaps for a better Nigeria hopefully.

Merry Christmas in advance.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
sorry dickie, bayelsa was carved out of rivers so its an annex, owned by the ikwerres.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by HimName: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
"He accused Mr Wike of having a hand in the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and also fighting oil wars with neighbouring states like Imo and Akwa Ibom."

It's just enough Mr Dickson!

Hold it there!

Wike can go ahead and burn down not only Imo state but also the entire states in South East.

We don care, provided he wakes up daily to lash Buhari till fatigue set in, we are fine.

Dickson- an APC Yoruba moslem is irrelevant.

The entire South East regions are entirely yours Wike. Do to us as you wish.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Halexgos3(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2019
Ikwere people get pride
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Halexgos3(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2019
HimName:
"He accused Mr Wike of having a hand in the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and also fighting oil wars with neighbouring states like Imo and Akwa Ibom."

It's just enough Mr Dickson!

Hold it there!

Wike can go ahead and burn down not only Imo state but also the entire states in South East.

We don care, provided he wakes up daily to lash Buhari till fatigue set in, we are fine.

Dickson- an APC Yoruba moslem is irrelevant.

The entire South East regions are entirely yours Wike. Do to us as you wish.
Ode
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Ayobami7(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2019
注意
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Cantonese: 9:22am On Dec 23, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Watch and see

Just one proverb for you: if you take empty hand dey struggle for land, the person when hold yam go dey plant am go.

Before you enter the suicide mission, remember to keep property and money for your people first.

I am watching and seeing clearly.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Nsarug80: 9:50am On Dec 23, 2019
Rekhina:
Ikwerre and their oil pride , y not let ur fellow nigerdeltans enjoy brotherly love in peace , I hope u don't involve anioma when the time comes! Mtchewwwwwwwwww
There is no oil in any part of Ikwerre land, hence Amaechi's relentless effort to stop illegal bunkering knowing that his Ikwerre brothers are not part of it.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Rekhina(f): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2019
Nsarug80:

There is no oil in any part of Ikwerre land, hence Amaechi's relentless effort to stop illegal bunkering knowing that his Ikwerre brothers are not part of it.
I don't want to do this with u darling , I av pains in my belly ,I WL come back to u ok

1 Like

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by paparazi1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ctorch:

Oga stop ranting soku oil wells does not belong to Bayelsa, besides you lost the state bec of your stupid
display of arrogance, you were power drunk and refuse to recognize who made you who you are okay.
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Tjah: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
Rekhina:
Who do Niger delta this thing , this pride ga efochuo na Anya rumuikwerri pride goes b4 fall
Na something go make a man dey proud na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Elders Forum Knocks Senate Over Move To Review 1999 Constitution / Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola / Malabu Scandal: House Of Representative To Summon Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.