Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Banking System Or Stealing System - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banking System Or Stealing System (462 Views)

CBN To Embrace Open Banking System / GTB Banking System Down All Day, Customers Suffer / PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banking System Or Stealing System by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
I bank with access bank my ATM card is visa I was given that visa ATM card since April this year It work for only April then the card got damage, Because anytime I try using it on ATM machine it just says card not smart I reported the issue to the bank but they said I have to get a new card which will cost 1k again. Now since may I haven't use the card I only use their ussd code and Mobile app. But to my greatest surprise every month they still charge me 52 naira for card maintenance which I still don't understand why. angry
Re: Banking System Or Stealing System by olayinks007(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Stealing system ni ooo
Re: Banking System Or Stealing System by pocohantas(f): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dearest Basorbala,

Your complain has been duly noted and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

However, when you take your card from the bank and activate it (change its pin from the default one), the system picks it up and it becomes an ACTIVE card.

It is a DEBIT CARD, not just for the ATM- it can be used on other terminals and platforms. So, it is normal for the bank to assume you are using it for something. If you want it to be considered inactive, walk into the bank and put it in writing. Till then, you will keep getting charged. Well, except CBN says otherwise.

As for your card that is not smart- you know, unlike we ladies that put all our problems in a big bag, leaving enough space for every. Guys move about with theirs in a wallet, the poor card is stuffed in some tight wallet with condoms, Id cards and unnecessary complimentary cards. It is finally shoved into a back pocket and sat upon. The chip has been damaged. Get a replacement, if you desire.

Warmest Regards

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Reopens In Omu-aran After 5 Years Closure / Please Advise: How Can I Get An Isbn For My New Book / Choose and maintain A Call And Data Budget In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.