Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK (47858 Views)

Christ Embassy Has Raised 50 People From The Dead - Chris Oyakhilome / Benny Hinn In Abuja For Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Christ Embassy Crusade (Photos) / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Jaynom(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
babadee1:

This is a lie. He was vindicated and cleared of all charges and he still lives and works in the UK with his family.
Oh that was what he told you? I can't find that anywhere
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
All scammers.

So called , Pastor Chris has always run a scamming & fraud outfit called Christ Embassy, lol.

I weep for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Realhommie(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Sirjamo:
Despite this coming from UK, some people would still find a way to link it to a certain retired Major General. They would call it ' Islamisation agenda.'
That's not even my gross. Go through the FP and see some already linking the indictment to Anita, the ex wife of Pst Chris.

Some people gullibility sha na follow come.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by MaziOmenuko: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
magilou:
. Christ Embassy is covered with the blood of Jesus.

The entire church? If na your pikin blood, you go dey use am like that?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by redsun(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nigerian pastors are the same as Nigerian politicians,it is all about milking the people dry with no atom of sympathy or remorse. And these are muderfuckers most foolish Nigerians look upto as role models and community builders.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by na2016: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
Erediauwa:
I can see the hand of Anita upon this case. grin

Stop it! You think many Nigerian churches (with their exploitative nature) will make it if it were to be in developed countries ? Sorry, maybe only the orthodox may survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Twist4u: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2019
Now this is definitely Strong indictment. Tax evasion emhhh penalty is Non-negotiable. Ask Mathew Ashimolowo... Nigeria Factor is criminal in Europe, but legit in Nigeria. What a Contradiction.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by EgunMogaji2: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
AtikuNetwork:
Nigerian churches are trying. 90 branches of a single church in the U.K? I wonder how many branches Redeemed and Winners will have there as well.

I blame them not, I blame the Brits.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
Do they tax churches in the UK? Since the church received donations from citizens who have been already taxed, what's wrong in sending money to other branches of the church to either Nigeria or some other country? Would that be classified as money laundering? I really need to know what their financial laws are when dealing with 'Not for Profit organisation' in which churches should fall into?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Paseus(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

The entire church? If na your pikin blood, you go dey use am like that?
Guy

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by lexy2014: 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
Sirjamo:
Despite this coming from UK, some people would still find a way to link it to a certain retired Major General. They would call it ' Islamisation agenda.'

Nobody de pursue u but u de run
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
Twist4u:
Now this is definitely Strong indictment. Tax evasion emhhh penalty is Non-negotiable. Ask Mathew Ashimolowo... Nigeria Factor is criminal in Europe, but legit in Nigeria. What a Contradiction.
Do churches pay tax over there? Won't that be double taxation on the part of the government?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by lexy2014: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Do they tax churches in the UK? Since the church received donations from citizens who have been already taxed, what's wrong in sending money to other branches of the church to either Nigeria or some other country? Would that be classified as money laundering? I really need to know what their financial laws are when dealing with 'Not for Profit organisation' in which churches should fall into?

An excerpt from d story:

"illegally registered three properties in the names of two members of its board of trustees, failed to pay taxes worth over £250,000 on expenditures by employees"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by jesmond3945: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
ksam:
I'm still looking for the fraud here, I guess many of those who commented didn't even read the whole write-up, but since a church is mentioned and it's tag to fraud, they we just jump into conclusions... Frustrated humans everywhere, as if the church is the cause of their misfortune
misery loves company, just like airpeace.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
lexy2014:

An excerpt from d story:

"illegally registered three properties in the names of two members of its board of trustees, failed to pay taxes worth over £250,000 on expenditures by employees"
A lot in the story is confusing and this still didn't answer my questions.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by ENG0701: 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
AtikuNetwork:
Nigerian churches are trying. 90 branches of a single church in the U.K? I wonder how many branches Redeemed and Winners will have there as well.

That is our number one export. Apart from Nigerian banks that have some branches in African countries, you rarely see nigerian companies outside Nigeria except church. At least we are doing well in one thing

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by lexy2014: 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
A lot in the story is confusing and this still didn't answer my questions.

It does very well except u didn't read it.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
lexy2014:

How do a government place tax on donations and you're saying it made sense?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
lexy2014:

Or maybe she doesn't want to understand it. (Denial Syndrome)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
Omoluabi9:
Point out what I should understand. The whole story doesn't add up 'cause no government taxes what has already been taxed.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by lexy2014: 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
How do a government place tax on donations and you're saying it made sense?

Did u see anywhere in d story where it said d govt placed taxes on donations?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Charity commission no go gree..... Let's blame the sheep, that continues to feed this greedy rogues, disguised as MOG..........
Don't u take your family to church?
So u are among the sheep cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
lexy2014:

How do churches make their money? What churches get is akin to donations, so, how do you place tax on that? The people who donated in Tithes and offerings; have they not been taxed already?

How do charity organisations with international branches operate in the UK 'cause churches are akin to that? You see where the confusion is? Assuming these organisations have to send money to their international branches, would the UK government call that money laundering? BTW, in financial reporting, you don't report the accounts of a church the same say you report the accounts of a business entity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by lexy2014: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
How do churches make their money? What churches get is akin to donations, so, how do you place tax on that? The people who donated in Tithes and offerings; have they not been taxed already?

How do charity organisations with international branches operate in the UK 'cause churches are akin to that? You see where the confusion is? Assuming these organisations have to send money to their international branches, would the UK government call that money laundering? BTW, in financial reporting, you don't report the accounts of a church the same say you report the accounts of a business entity.

lexy2014:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
We Nigerians are so shallow minded. Operating churches in foreign land is completely different ball game.

But we too like to dey play i too know, take gospel to people that gave it to us so we can make more money from the gospel.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by lexy2014: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
Omoluabi9:

Spot on
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Blackpearlous(f): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
jakandeola:
d gate of hell will Neva prevale .d church will March on.enemy and haters will cry tired.
They are not fighting the body of Christ.. They just need to handle their finances well, that's all. It's not devil or evil people please. Don't let non Christians think we are not smart.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by Martinez39(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Conceptman:
Na every Nigerian be fraudster now? UK take it easy o grin UK trying to gather money for their brexit by style cheesy
Brexit has nothing to do with this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by nabegibeg: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
johnkay1:
I still don't get. Who did the church defraud in particular?

You defraud the state by not paying taxes

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Christ Embassy Indicted For Fraud In UK by nervorum: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Jaynom:
Lol .. but of course! Matthew Ashimolowo ran away from UK because of Fraud too

Are you sure he committed fraud or you read it somewhere? The reality maybe different (i'm not his church member).

Obviously, leaders need to up their games with respect to administration, accountability and governance compliance, in church business.

Its not very easy to run a big church in the UK, especially cos they are registered as charities and the Charity commission has regulatory oversight. Some churches are facing a tough time with the govt, in a society that is happily non-religious. No doubt some churches are 'for-the-money', thgh many genuine ones have been caught up, and cast in the light of fraud. A few instances are, where, even muslims have been appointed to manage churches, just cos they fail to comply with governance guidelines, some of which frankly speaking, may not be fit for churches, since they are not companies per se.

Govt control over churches (and invariably a potentially persecutory tool) , is subtle. UK church leaders who are genuine servants of God need to adapt. The era of founding fathers being the 'emperor' is over.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gives N2million To Corpers Who Visited Him (Photos) / Pastor Alfred Ndlovu Dies Following 30 Days Dry Fasting To Beat Jesus Christ / Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.