Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106673 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Jehovah made a specific date for pagans to celebrate their gods and warned Christians from celebrating anything on those days.

If Jesus didn't want us celebrate His birth He would have still said it.

2 Tim 3:16

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

It's like as pagans used dec 25th to celebrate their gods that means that day is specific only for their use as Christians can't celebrate their Jesus.

Please watch urself. I only hope somebody that knows u see ur responses, so he can tell u ur premise is faulty. it's obvious ur believes and practices is as a result of lack of adequate Bible knowledge.
now let me help u test urself. if u can bring out the part in the Bible that says Jehovah made some date for pagan then ur believes are correct but if u can't my dear, u need help.
Besides, how old are u
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

Please watch urself. I only hope somebody that knows u see ur responses, so he can tell u ur premise is faulty. it's obvious ur believes and practices is as a result of lack of adequate Bible knowledge.
now let me help u test urself. if u can bring out the part in the Bible that says Jehovah made some date for pagan then ur believes are correct but if u can't my dear, u need help.
Besides, how old are u

If you can also bring out a part where they said celebrating birth of Jesus is a pagan practice and jesus condemned such.
You made this statement

if u must celebrate our christ birth (which we do really thank God for), why must we do it on a day that has a pagan origin and with pagan totems and unscriptural objects like the Christmas tree, Santa Claus, star etc.
if you feel something history doesn't matter, I ask u if u would still lick a candy that was gotten from a gutter even after it has been cleaned?

So I had to reply that jehovah made a specific day for pagans to celebrate their gods and if we as Christians use that same day he will destroy/slaughter us.

After all we don't want to lik candy that was in the gutter even after it had been cleaned.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

Besides, how old are u

At least show us a bible passage that says that if u must celebrate our christ birth (which we do really thank God for), we should not do it on a day that has a pagan origin and with pagan totems and unscriptural objects like the Christmas tree, Santa Claus, star etc.?

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

If you can also bring out a part where they said celebrating birth of Jesus is a pagan practice and jesus condemned such.
You made this statement

So I had to reply that jehovah made a specific day for pagans to celebrate their gods and if we as Christians use that same day he will destroy/slaughter us.

After all we don't want to lik candy that was in the gutter even after it had been cleaned.
this is whataboutism. somehow I have continued with u because u appear polite. I have given Bible instances that shows why Christmas is unscriptural, important among this is that the early Christians did not celebrate. U might not fully get it now (because convictions is one of the hardest thing to change). I have shown a seed in u though. Because I have been logical with u. may God help u have the right factor to make the seed grow
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

At least show us a bible passage that says that if u must celebrate our christ birth (which we do really thank God for), we should not do it on a day that has a pagan origin and with pagan totems and unscriptural objects like the Christmas tree, Santa Claus, star etc.?

I av shown u places that infer or suggest we should not celebrate Christmas. as s Christian, I know u agree smoking is bad. but is there a place that explicitly says we should not smoke? but there are many instances in the Bible that we can sew together to get that the Bible doesn't support smoking.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

I av shown u places that infer or suggest we should not celebrate Christmas. as s Christian, I know u agree smoking is bad. but is there a place that explicitly says we should not smoke? but there are many instances in the Bible that we can sew together to get that the Bible doesn't support smoking.

Hairyrapunzel WAS a JW, he is self-centered and feels whatever rules binding on members is not for him so he WAS DISFELLOWSHIPED!

So there is NOTHING you can say to assist him, he is fully determined to kick against whatever JEHOVAH says, most especially if it's to govern his people as one.
He feels really bitter inside him like scattering God's people so that there won't be worshippers of the true God standing out as a unique group! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by khia: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Because Jesus Christ is a false deity and an idol right?

Exactly!! He was created by the Roman Catholics.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
Proof proof, proof, proof, you kept whining for proof. Again, here is the proof you are desperate about.

1.Yeoshua never verbally said celebrate my birthday neither did He verbally say don't celebrate my birthday.

2. During Yeoshua days, birthday celebration was a pagan practice. Yeoshua himself never had a birthday party neither were any of his disciples, friends and family. To make matters worse, Yeoshua lost his cousin, John the Baptist to a pagan birthday party.

3. Pagan practices, one of which birthday celebration is, form a larger chunk of the sins of the world which Yeoshua came to die for.

From deduction, do you think Yeoshua will be happy today to see people He died for still glued to pagan practices, including birthdays celebrations, for which He had died for them?

Hairyrapunzel:

Show us proof that your assumption is true?

No proof.

See painment all because I said your assumption is not written anywhere in the bible. Lol

If it's not written in the bible that means it's false. I don't believe in daddy GO's either. I only believe in Jesus words which are seen only in the bible.

Your assumption doesn't exist till you show a bible verse that shows it exists.

All your vexation just because I told you to provide proof for your assumption?

Well, your assumption is invalid and false till you provide proof.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blueAgent(m): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Pistotita:

All the quotes are on just one of the questions I asked. So, I think you aren't an adventist. My mission is to get a view from an adventist.

Well, after reading through the links, it is really the same debate. After listening to the two sides of the reality of eternity in hell, I have concluded on one truth which is death. While you are in support of death as the exact time the fire in hell will be put off, your opponents think death is eternity in hell. But all the links refused to answer the question when hell fire will be put off. Hmmmm!

Going by this debate, it is an easy one for me to not bother myself too much on the subject. And really, there is no truth anyone can say in regards to abstract debates. You are talking of another life. The question is: what if you are wrong too? The issue is that it does not matter if you are wrong because that you believe hell is eternity or not will not disqualify you from making heaven (let us assume there is one). So, why this arguement? Why is this truth so important? Of what use? I mean, what difference does it make? Why turn such abstract debate into a doctrine?

My view is that divine revelation is a reliable individualistic conviction when it comes to abstract and the life to come. For Christ sake, one is left more confused because the same bible is what your opponent will use to back up his claim. It is just sad that the argument is everlasting. Why? It is abstract. Only personal conviction through revelation can make one satisfied. The real deal is to wait till after we die. Lol. You still gat to wait. Perhaps you will then start the argument then. Hmmm!

Please, an adventist should come to my aid. I really need to read about the investigative judgment. If there are points on annihilationist view of hell, kindly let me know.

Can an adventist open a thread on this? I may not be around after today, but will surely read when I have the time.

Thanks so much for the links. Bless you!

Sorry for my late response.

Do I have to show an ID for you that believe am an Adventist?

The bible is not open for personal interpretation or convictions.
People fell to apply the golden rule required to understand God's word,and that is every word of God must be reconciled with each other. that's the reason for divergent doctrines and teachings in Christianity.

There is nothing abstract about eternity, God's word is clear on the fate of the righteous and the wicked.
Am not sure you read those links I sent you, if you did you would have discovered that only an annihilation view agrees with every other word of God.

On when the fire of Hell would be put off, This question can only be answered by God because the bible did not give a definite time or period it will last.

On the issue investigative judgment the scope is too large and I don't have the time now to explain it all, but I have included links that explain it far better than I would have.
Be rest assured that this doctrine is backed by Bible facts.
Even non-adventist are beginning to see the truth about investigative judgment.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1960/07/the-investigative-judgment-does-this-teaching-have-any-biblical-basis

https://ssnet.org/blog/why-the-investigative-judgment-doctrine-is-sound/
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:
Proof proof, proof, proof, you kept whining for proof. Again, here is the proof you are desperate about.

1.Yeoshua never verbally said celebrate my birthday neither did He verbally say don't celebrate my birthday.

2. During Yeoshua days, birthday celebration was a pagan practice. Yeoshua himself never had a birthday party neither were any of his disciples, friends and family. To make matters worse, Yeoshua lost his cousin, John the Baptist to a pagan birthday party.

3. Pagan practices, one of which birthday celebration is, form a larger chunk of the sins of the world which Yeoshua came to die for.

From deduction, do you think Yeoshua will be happy today to see people He died for still glued to pagan practices, including birthdays celebrations, for which He had died for them?

Give us proof that birthday celebration is a pagan practice.

Last last your assumptions are false till you provide proof.

Show us proof from the bible that during Jesus days celebrating birthdays was a pagan practice.

Last last you will not still be able to provide anything.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

this is whataboutism. somehow I have continued with u because u appear polite. I have given Bible instances that shows why Christmas is unscriptural, important among this is that the early Christians did not celebrate. U might not fully get it now (because convictions is one of the hardest thing to change). I have shown a seed in u though. Because I have been logical with u. may God help u have the right factor to make the seed grow

Christmas is unscriptural, not celebrating Christmas is still unscriptural.

Which instances to show that Christmas is unscriptural did you give.

You that does not have biblical backing to show that jesus or jehovah condemned celebrating the birth of christ is talking about sowing seed of conviction.

Even to show a bible verse that shows early Christians didn't celebrate it because its unscriptural is difficult for you.

Last last it's still your own assumption or Rather the assumption of your religious leaders which is not true because there is no proof.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:

Since you are yehoshua and say you won't be happy no problem.

The yehoshua in the bible was silent on the issue.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:

pharaoh pardoned the cupbearear on his birthday which shows Something good can also happen on birthday

Is it birthday or Herod that sentenced john the Baptist to death? I know you will say birthday.

The bible never mentioned jesus celebrating birthday or not celebrating birthday. It's not in the bible so don't conclude that jesus didn't celebrate it.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
blueAgent:

Sorry for my late response.

Do I have to show an ID for you that believe am an Adventist?

The bible is not open for personal interpretation or convictions.
People fell to apply the golden rule required to understand God's word,and that is every word of God must be reconciled with each other. that's the reason for divergent doctrines and teachings in Christianity.

There is nothing abstract about eternity, God's word is clear on the fate of the righteous and the wicked.
Am not sure you read those links I sent you, if you did you would have discovered that only an annihilation view agrees with every other word of God.

On when the fire of Hell would be put off, This question can only be answered by God because the bible did not give a definite time or period it will last.

On the issue investigative judgment the scope is too large and I don't have the time now to explain it all, but I have included links that explain it far better than I would have.
Be rest assured that this doctrine is backed by Bible facts.
Even non-adventist are beginning to see the truth about investigative judgment.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/1960/07/the-investigative-judgment-does-this-teaching-have-any-biblical-basis

https://ssnet.org/blog/why-the-investigative-judgment-doctrine-is-sound/

I appreciate this. Oh. It is nice you are an adventist. Seriously, I need an adventist to change my mind because I am having an encounter with one who does not portray anything I can call a daughter of God. I do not understand why the so called adventist always run away from discussing Jesus and Holy Spirit. Even if the adventists do not believe in trinity, it is fine. I just want to know the truth. I am hungry for knowledge; therefore, I do not criticize. And I may find you guys interesting and even start worshipping with you occassionally. I really do not discrininate.

In regards to the bolded area, how can you say the story of hell and heaven is not abstract? Of course it is. The challenge with most christians is that they try choking in the throats of others their conviction. Well, I am a christian....and you should read my thread in the religious section. But I am realistic. Everything is abstract.

Let me shock you. Bible is made with nornal ink on pieces of paper sown or glued together. It is just like the normal textbooks I used from my elementary to the university. Lol. Guy, if I use it today to clean my bom bom, nothing will happen to me. Same with Quran and all other religious books.

But guess what! That glued pieces of paper can be powerful, but only when the breath of life is on it. Bam! It becomes alive and real. Go and read the book of John where Jesus is revealed as the word. Those pieces of paper must receive life to be active. And then, they become active. But it is based on the subject using the pieces of paper. The same pieces of paper used by Subject A can be fire, while they remain the same pieces of paper in the hand of subject B. It is why I do not believe in the doctrine of preservation of items or materials used by great men. That is idolatory in my world.

So, I believe that revelation is the only way these teachings can be real. Therefore, to make sense to my readers, I always use simple ways. I let them know that these issues are abstract, but they can be real. So, they are abstract sir. And they will remain so till the breath of life comes on them.

I read everything you posted. And I still want to learn more. I wish you can open a thread on these topics. And maybe more adventists can come out. I want to know why they observe Sabbath day. Though, I have nothing against it. The recent debate of whether it is good to celebrate Xmas or not is just in-line with what I am trying to know. But guess what, I love the response of Sam Adeyemi of Day Star. He said that the western world who brought christianity are enjoying electricity 24/7 even during this period because they concentrate on what are important, while we are here debating whether we should eat Xmas meat or not. Lol. And he finished his response by saying "May sense fall on us". Lol. That is a realistic man. I love him. Will anyone go to hell fire by believing there is hell or not? I am still asking. Is it a criterion for salvation? And like I said, if your opponent faces you that the fire is going to burn forever, you will just wonder what is up. And since the Adventist does not even know when the fire willl stop, .....come on! But let us be really realistic....does it make sense to keep laying strong emphasis that there is fire somewhere which will burn people when they die at the point of winning their souls?

I was traveling to another state recently in a public bus and this guy who was behind me started preaching just when I was receiving an important call. He was shouting. And I quickly waved at him that he should please lower his voice that the call is important. Do you know what this guy did? He started shouting who am I to stop the gospel of the most high God. That there is hell. People will burn there. Bla bla bla. He was cursing everyone in the bus, and even spoke against Islam. I saw the faces of the moslim folks there...so red. They almost exploded, but thank God for patience. How can anyone want to preach and be shouting people he is trying to preach to will rot in hell. I found if funny. And this is the way almost all these street evangelists behave with their useless sound system shouting people will rot in hell. What is wrong in passing the gospel of love? Why can't they focus on love? Oh....John 3.16....and they leave out "love", but concentrate on the word "perish". This is my point.

Yeah! I want to understand more about Adventist. I want to believe it is not a sect because to me these people look gentle. And i think Ben Carson is one too. Even, the presidents' pastor, Billy Graham said "They are sound on the great New Testament doctrines including grace and redemption through the vicarious offering of Jesus Christ 'once for all' ". I truly want to believe this.

I will look into the links you have posted again. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

Besides, how old are u

If jehovah didn't make a specific date for pagans then why is it wrong for Christians to use that same date?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

Smoking is bad health wise. It is not a sin to smoke. Nowhere is it mentioned in the bible that we shouldn't smoke.

Thank God you said explicitly not mentioned in the bible so therefore, I have no obligation to obey your assumption when there is absolutely no proof whatsoever
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
You would never repent from seeking direct verbal texts when you have been told that references, inferences or deductions may not necessarily be hinged on verbal or written texts but also from contexts, circumstances and other events surrounding a given subject. Since you have failed woefully in this aspect, you can drop your last words and let's leave this argument for good
Hairyrapunzel:
pharaoh pardoned the cupbearear on his birthday which shows Something good can also happen on birthday

Is it birthday or Herod that sentenced john the Baptist to death? I know you will say birthday.

The bible never mentioned jesus celebrating birthday or not celebrating birthday. It's not in the bible so don't conclude that jesus didn't celebrate it.

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:
You would never repent from seeking direct verbal texts when you have been told that references, inferences or deductions may not necessarily be hinged on verbal or written texts but also from contexts, circumstances and other events surrounding a given subject. Since you have failed woefully in this aspect, you can drop your last words and let's leave this argument for good

2 Timothy 3:16 always comes to mind. If you say your assumptions don't come from the bible then you can say you are not a Christian.

Have you heard of argument from silence? It's a kind of fallacy aka faulty reasoning.

You came to a conclusion from a statement you have never seen or no proof of it seen anywhere in the book you consider your guidebook (bible)

It's you guys that are always the first to say Catholic church is a false religion because non of their doctrines are mentioned in the bible but you don't consider yourself a false religion when you are also guilty of having doctrines not mentioned in the bible. Hypocrisy at it's peak
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:

You would give me direct texts because you say Jesus or Jehovah will be angry and destroy/kill/murder/slaughter us. So you have to give us concrete proof that the said we should not celebrate Christmas.

It has become a crime asking for biblical proof on beliefs that you accuse us of being unrighteous or evil because we don't obey them.

There is no biblical proof. Never has been and never will be so stop acting as if you are Jesus Christ himself that made new laws not in the bible.

Whether you like it or not your assumption is false till you provide proof.

When it is trinity you say it was never mentioned in the bible so it is false.

Now your christmas being a celebration of pagan origin isn't mentioned anywhere in the bible you call deductive reasoning blah blah blah.
Hypocrisy at it's peak
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
Are those your last words?
Hairyrapunzel:

You would give me direct texts because you say Jesus or Jehovah will be angry and destroy/kill/murder/slaughter us. So you have to give us concrete proof that the said we should not celebrate Christmas.

It has become a crime asking for biblical proof on beliefs that you accuse us of being unrighteous or evil because we don't obey them.

There is no biblical proof. Never has been and never will be so stop acting as if you are Jesus Christ himself that made new laws not in the bible.

Whether you like it or not your assumption is false till you provide proof.

When it is trinity you say it was never mentioned in the bible so it is false.

Now your christmas being a celebration of pagan origin isn't mentioned anywhere in the bible you call deductive reasoning blah blah blah.
Hypocrisy at it's peak
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mgbadadike: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
thinkmoney:

dear, it is written in the Bible that the day of death is better than the day of birth and going to the house of mourning is better than going to a party. why this passages do not discourage celebration, it's gives a context to the issue on ground.
if u must celebrate our christ birth (which we do really thank God for), why must we do it on a day that has a pagan origin and with pagan totems and unscriptural objects like the Christmas tree, Santa Claus, star etc.
if you feel something history doesn't matter, I ask u if u would still lick a candy that was gotten from a gutter even after it has been cleaned?

Does celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ on the same day 'that has a pagan origin and with pagan totems', means that we're no longer celebrating Jesus Christ but the pagan?

You guys should just stop please.

We're not celebrating pagan or whatever.

What we're celebrating is the One true God who left His comfort abode in heaven and came down to this sinful world just to save me and you. It might look ordinarily to you but dear it is not.

For the Christmas tree and star; the star on the tree was used to remember the star followed by the wise men (Matthew 2:1-12). In some cases, trees were topped by an angel to remember the angels who appeared to the shepherds on the night of Jesus' birth (Luke 2:8-14).

I'm celebrating Jesus Christ born into this world to redeem mankind not just on 25th Dec only but everyday of my life. If you're associating it with any pagan worshipping, that's your own problem.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
mgbadadike:

I'm celebrating Jesus Christ born into this world to redeem mankind not just on 25th Dec only but everyday of my life. If you're associating it with any pagan worshipping, that's your own problem.

God's word was written to help believers know what they should and shouldn't do in the name of God!
The only thing wrong in idolatry is worshiping in the WRONG form. Humans were created with the inborn tendency to worship God. Satan capitalises on this to misdirect humans into doing what will annoy God and bring reproach on his holy name.
That's why God instructed the nation of Israel (the one and only nation he gave divine laws on how to please him in worship) not to copy any of the customs and traditions of the nations in their surrounding! Deuteronomy 11:32, 12:30

Birthday celebration is the custom of those pagan nations {Genesis 40:20} only God's enemies copy it from pagan nations {Matthew 14:6} you can't see any amongst God's faithful servants whether in the old or new Testament that engages in BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Before the arrival of Jesus Christ the Ecclesiaste said it's the day a man dies that's most important than the day of his birth! Ecclesiastes 7:1

To prove that he is hear to fulfill what was written before him {Matthew 5:17} Jesus' birthday was never celebrated by his parents, himself nor his followers. Jesus INSTRUCTED his followers to commemorate the day of his death NOT his birth! Luke 22:19-20

For us to know how to continue with the legacy they left behind, GOD made sure that after four Witnesses penned down the story of Jesus' life and ministry, God also made sure that another book was written called ACT OF APOSTLES According to the book the first century Christians NEVER thought of celebrating the BIRTH of Jesus!

So if anyone feels like celebrating the BIRTH of Jesus today, it's OK!
But believers IMITATING the faith of the early Christians will say "NO we are not interested!" Hebrew 13:7

God bless you! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:
Are those your last words?

Keep talking deductive assumption.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Have a nice life
Hairyrapunzel:

Keep talking deductive assumption.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
Maximus69:

God's word was written to help believers know what they should and shouldn't do in the name of God!
The only thing wrong in idolatry is worshiping in the WRONG form. Humans were created with the inborn tendency to worship God. Satan capitalises on this to misdirect humans into doing what will annoy God and bring reproach on his holy name.
That's why God instructed the nation of Israel (the one and only nation he gave divine laws on how to please him in worship) not to copy any of the customs and traditions of the nations in their surrounding! Deuteronomy 11:32, 12:30

Birthday celebration is the custom of those pagan nations {Genesis 40:20} only God's enemies copy it from pagan nations {Matthew 14:6} you can't see any amongst God's faithful servants whether in the old or new Testament that engages in BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Before the arrival of Jesus Christ the Ecclesiaste said it's the day a man dies that's most important than the day of his birth! Ecclesiastes 7:1

To prove that he is hear to fulfill what was written before him {Matthew 5:17} Jesus' birthday was never celebrated by his parents, himself nor his followers. Jesus INSTRUCTED his followers to commemorate the day of his death NOT his birth! Luke 22:19-20

For us to know how to continue with the legacy they left behind, GOD made sure that after four Witnesses penned down the story of Jesus' life and ministry, God also made sure that another book was written called ACT OF APOSTLES According to the book the first century Christians NEVER thought of celebrating the BIRTH of Jesus!

So if anyone feels like celebrating the BIRTH of Jesus today, it's OK!
But believers IMITATING the faith of the early Christians will say "NO we are not interested!" Hebrew 13:7

God bless you! smiley

Neither can you see any of Jesus apostles condemn birthday celebrations.

Even when herod killed John the Baptist jesus didn't condemn him
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
cerpvad:
Have a nice life

Same to you.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Neither can you see any of Jesus apostles condemn birthday celebrations.

Even when herod killed John the Baptist jesus didn't condemn him

The commentator i responded to may or may not feel like continuing with Christmas celebration, but as for you all i've got to say is~

PEACE Mr Hairyrapunzel, may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Twist4u: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
My questions to all persons that insist Christ mass day celebration (25th December) is Pegan day/celebration/Worship. Did the Pegan Man Create any day? Did he create himself? If no, then Ignorance is a very big disease that is disturbing some acclaimed Christians. Because from the bible it is very very clear that God created the earth,day & night, and Man in it to dominate(choice). as seen in Genesis1:1-5,14,27-28 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. 14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
(NIV). Is this not a case of giving God's glory to the Pegan man. Are they not playing down the creation powers of God Almighty. For those that claimed the MONTH should be October n not December, based on their calculation. They should note that every day is equal to 24hours,has day n Night. See Gen 1:3-5 above. D4 whether December or October the Focus of celebration is Christ first day on earth. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Twist4u:
My questions to all persons that insist Christ mass day celebration (25th December) is Pegan day/celebration/Worship. Did the Pegan Man Create any day? Did he create himself? If no, then Ignorance is a very big disease that is disturbing some acclaimed Christians. Because from the bible it is very very clear that God created the earth,day & night, and Man in it to dominate(choice). as seen in Genesis1:1-5,14,27-28 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. 14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
(NIV). Is this not a case of giving God's glory to the Pegan man. Are they not playing down the creation powers of God Almighty. For those that claimed the MONTH should be October n not December, based on their calculation. They should note that every day is equal to 24hours,has day n Night. See Gen 1:3-5 above. D4 whether December or October the Focus of celebration is Christ first day on earth. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

This is not about the day, date, month or celebration!

It's about someone who has come to save sinners from sin!

What is sin?

Well SIN is simply anything that irritates God!

For God to have sent his only begotten son to come and TEACH us how to escape from the game Master (Satan) who has always been tricking humans into doing what irritates God {Revelations 12:9} yet many are now thinking they can do anything to please God in a way that this only begotten son NEVER taught us, is the greatest sin ever. It's even worse than that of Adam and Eve that led humanity to this stage!

John 3:16 needed to be emphasized for all Bible readers!

It simply means "whoever TRUST (BELIEVE) that Jesus is the one and only person who can teach us how to gain the approval of his father, will be granted EVERLASTING LIFE"

There is nothing as in ABSOLUTELY NOTHING any of us can do to bring a smile on God's face, if not what Jesus taught you! John 14:6 compared

This guy said "I don't NOTHING out of my own initiative, but just as he(God) taught me" John 8:28

So thinking we can see a smile of approval from the same God who said "this is my beloved son, LISTEN to him" {Matthew 17:5} without concentrating on exactly what his son teaches is
tantamount to additional crime on it's own apart from the one Jesus actually paid for with his own blood! Hebrew 10:26-27 smiley
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Smoking is bad health wise. It is not a sin to smoke. Nowhere is it mentioned in the bible that we shouldn't smoke.

Thank God you said explicitly not mentioned in the bible so therefore, I have no obligation to obey your assumption when there is absolutely no proof whatsoever
U need to study Bible the more. whatever u do that doesn't show u value Gods gift which is ur life, is a sin. Smoking degrades and damages the body, Gods suppose temple. that one reason why it's a sin. Do whatever u do, it's obvious u don't have sound Bible knowledge.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
Maximus69:

Hairyrapunzel WAS a JW, he is self-centered and feels whatever rules binding on members is not for him so he WAS DISFELLOWSHIPED!

So there is NOTHING you can say to assist him, he is fully determined to kick against whatever JEHOVAH says, most especially if it's to govern his people as one.
He feels really bitter inside him like scattering God's people so that there won't be worshippers of the true God standing out as a unique group! wink
hmmm, thank u. I notice it's difficult to make him see reason. God help him
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
Maximus69:

thinkmoney:

hmmm, thank u. I notice it's difficult to make him see reason. God help him
Hairyrapunzel:

You that does not have biblical backing to show that jesus or jehovah condemned celebrating the birth of christ is talking about sowing seed of conviction.

Even to show a bible verse that shows early Christians didn't celebrate it because its unscriptural is difficult for you.

Last last it's still your own assumption or Rather the assumption of your religious leaders which is not true because there is no proof.
thinkmoney:

U need to study Bible the more. whatever u do that doesn't show u value Gods gift which is ur life, is a sin. Smoking degrades and damages the body, Gods suppose temple. that one reason why it's a sin. Do whatever u do, it's obvious u don't have sound Bible knowledge.
Hairyrapunzel:

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

"Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo) / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.