Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106687 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2019
osazsky:
I ask u again do u know how many rapists and killers were born on d same day christ was born,leave us to celebrate him,or is it only jesus that was born on that day mumu is it ur jesus leave our jesus for us. grow up
Jesus was not even born on that day. Na oversabi dey worry una
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by osazsky(m): 11:47am On Dec 26, 2019
macklef:

oya tell us d day oversabi I too know hyprocracy will not kill Africans,I was born on April 4 but I chose to celebrate it in July 16th cuz something happened to me on dat day come and beat me is it ur birthday waitin Musa nor go see for gate

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
The Christmas tree is a prove enough for idolatry embellishments that are characteristics of Christmas celebration. Google is there for you to carry out further studies.
what you are saying is not a proof that Christians worship Christmas tree instead of Jesus Christ during Christmas celebration.

Have you ever seen or heard that a Christian worship Christmas tree?
If you have any proof can you share it here?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
Of course Christmas is pure idols worshipping if it's not an idea that originated from Christ himself. He never gave directive that his birth and death be celebrated with pomps and pageantry. Some people popped up along the way in history to institute pagan celebrations in the guise of honouring Christ. Yeoshua cannot be honored with what He spent his life time Condemning.

To show us bible passage saying celebrating the birth of Jesus is a problem. Did going to church on Sunday originate from Jesus? No. That means it is pagan

Show us the Bible passage where he condemned celebration of His birthday?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
macklef:

ur use of so many words doesnt mean u make sense, infact u dont make sense, i guess its all a figurative speech. Just have a lovely holiday i wish not to banta further. Caio!!
I never expected you to say it make sense what's my business with you? Afterall, in a classroom some few people will carry first while most people in the class will carry last it's natural about humans, some people are more intelligent than others.
On this thread alone i have over 160 likes in just one comment i make, I'm used to it it's nothing to me grin
Only that it shows some people will always read and understand my comment just like i read and understand others too.
So if you don't read my post and concluded i don't make sense, i have seen that before, you didn't start it grin

Bye
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Bahddo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
ijewejones:

Lol,'sheeple mentality'?

Accept the fact that those church INDIRECTLY enjoy from all/any opportunity that they claim they ain't celebrating.

Please run along with your self deceit.
they are not celebrating with you, they aren't celebrating with you. What you would prefer to think, doesn't matter.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Any worship that involves the use of symbols and statues is idolatry. Go to the book of Deutronomy and find out. Christmas involves use of symbols, grotesque lighting and pompous beautifications. So where did you read it that Yeoshua, in his lifetime and lifestyle on earth take relish in using fetish symbols, grotesque lighting and pompous beautifications? Isn't that enough for scriptural reference you requested?
paxonel:
what you are saying is not a proof that Christians worship Christmas tree instead of Jesus Christ during Christmas celebration.

Have you ever seen or heard that a Christian worship Christmas tree?
If you have any proof can you share it here?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
To educate you more, written passages are not the only scriptural references. There are many things that Yeoshua didn't say verbally, but through his actions and attitudes. Throughout the new testament, Yeoshua's lifestyle did not in any way support pomps and pageantry that Christmas is notorious for today.

Going to church on Sunday is not instituted by Yeoshua and his disciples.
Hairyrapunzel:

To show us bible passage saying celebrating the birth of Jesus is a problem. Did going to church on Sunday originate from Jesus? No. That means it is pagan

Show us the Bible passage where he condemned celebration of His birthday?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by corpershun: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Sunnycliff:
My church deeper life does not celebrate it cos it has no scriptural injunction or biblical basis.

But you guys go to church on SUNday...Hypocrisy.

Abeg stop doing My Pastor said My Pastor said...same church that used to call Television ApotiEsu, the box of the devil now uses the TV sef.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
To educate you more, written passages are not the only scriptural references. There are many things that Yeoshua didn't say verbally, but through his actions and attitudes. Throughout the new testament, Yeoshua's lifestyle did not in any way support pomps and pageantry that Christmas is notorious for today.

Going to church on Sunday is not instituted by Yeoshua and his disciples.

Which of his action and attitude did he use to condemn celebrating his birthday? Show us the bible verse.
He didn't say verbally, it wasn't written in the bible yet you assume what he didn't say or command.

I am waiting for the bible verse where he condemned people celebrating his birthday.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
paxonel:
I never expected you to say it make sense what's my business with you? Afterall, in a classroom some few people will carry first while most people in the class will carry last it's natural about humans, some people are more intelligent than others.
On this thread alone i have over 160 likes in just one comment i make, I'm used to it it's nothing to me grin
Only that it shows some people will always read and understand my comment just like i read and understand others too.
So if you don't read my post and concluded i don't make sense, i have seen that before, you didn't start it grin

Bye
Just so u know, i didnt read a word of ur baseless epistle, all i saw way "Bye"
And all i wanna reply u is "Bye Bye"
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Which of his action and attitude did he use to condemn celebrating his birthday? Show us the bible verse.
He didn't say verbally, it wasn't written in the bible yet you assume what he didn't say or command.

I am waiting for the bible verse where he condemned people celebrating his birthday.
But its kinda dumb to be looking for a verse in the bible, when even the first century christians who saw,lived n conversed with jesus never celebrated this birthdate. It started after the death of the apostles doesnt that give u conclusive evidence that ur just carrying out a celebration that never existed during christ era.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
I can see you are so adamant on getting Bible passages when you have been told that scripture verbal references are not all that are available while assessing biblical history. During Yeoshua's time, birthday celebration was a pagan practice. Yeoshua even lost his cousin, John the Baptist to such pagan practice during the birth day of Herod. Nobody close to Yeoshua celebrated birthday. Definitely, birthday celebration is one of the pagan practices that Yeoshua came to save people from.

There are so many things that Yeoshua said that was not committed to writing. But through his actions and attitudes, coupled with his words, genuine Christians are able to have clear understanding of what Yeoshua standards are, especially when it comes to celebrations.
Hairyrapunzel:

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
I can see you are so adamant on getting Bible passages when you have been told that scripture verbal references are not all that are available while assessing biblical history. During Yeoshua's time, birthday celebration was a pagan practice. Yeoshua even lost his cousin, John the Baptist to such pagan practice during the birth day of Herod. Nobody close to Yeoshua celebrated birthday. Definitely, birthday celebration is one of the pagan practices that Yeoshua came to save people from.

There are so many things that Yeoshua said that was not committed to writing. But through his actions and attitudes, coupled with his words, genuine Christians are able to have clear understanding of what Yeoshua standards are, especially when it comes to celebrations.

Thank God you said no scriptural backing for your assumption.

So why do you want me to believe your assumption?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
macklef:

But its kinda dumb to be looking for a verse in the bible, when even the first century christians who saw,lived n conversed with jesus never celebrated this birthdate. It started after the death of the apostles doesnt that give u conclusive evidence that ur just carrying out a celebration that never existed during christ era.

Last last no bible verse supporting your assumption.
It's not dumb to look for a biblical backing to support your assumption. It shows you are lying. Keep lying on first century Christians their head.

You can't lie to me though. You don't even have evidence to show that your words are true.

You are just a lying human Till you show me evidence and a biblical one.

You can't be making assumptions or saying lies and saying jesus said it in the bible.

Or are you now jesus?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
Any worship that involves the use of symbols and statues is idolatry. Go to the book of Deutronomy and find out. Christmas involves use of symbols, grotesque lighting and pompous beautifications. So where did you read it that Yeoshua, in his lifetime and lifestyle on earth take relish in using fetish symbols, grotesque lighting and pompous beautifications? Isn't that enough for scriptural reference you requested?
christmas celebration isn't worship, It is just a celebration.

I don't know where you people are getting the idea that christmas is worship
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by ijewejones: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bahddo:
they are not celebrating with you, they aren't INDIRECTLY celebrating with EVERYONE. [s]What you would prefer to think, doesn't matter.[/s]

grin
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Last last no bible verse supporting your assumption.
It's not dumb to look for a biblical backing to support your assumption. It shows you are lying. Keep lying on first century Christians their head.

You can't lie to me though. You don't even have evidence to show that your words are true.

You are just a lying human Till you show me evidence and a biblical one.

You can't be making assumptions or saying lies and saying jesus said it in the bible.

Or are you now jesus?
Guy pls no vex, go and finish d chicken n rice. U really need it
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
boxer022:
If it is part of the society who introduced it to the society and why do churches have one during their carol nights. Why is he an important factor of that day that without him, the day is not complete.
like I said it's not important to churches but Santa is seen as a symbol of "giving" which Christmas can relate to.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
macklef:

Guy pls no vex, go and finish d chicken n rice. U really need it

Stop assuming/making speculations. Stop saying what Jesus didn't say.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
That's because the only scriptural reference you have been fed with all your life is the textual passages which your pastors often quote out of context to sleeze you.
Hairyrapunzel:

Thank God you said no scriptural backing for your assumption.

So why do you want me to believe your assumption?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
It seems like you don't know that worship implies everything you do in reverence of God or gods, and this includes celebrations, libations and so on
paxonel:
christmas celebration isn't worship, It is just a celebration.

I don't know where you people are getting the idea that christmas is worship
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
That's because the only scriptural reference you have been fed with all your life is the textual passages which your pastors often quote out of context to sleeze you.

All these talk na assumption. Give us a scriptural backing to support your ideas
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 1:54am On Dec 27, 2019
cerpvad:
It seems like you don't know that worship implies everything you do in reverence of God or gods, and this includes celebrations, libations and so on
may be that was how old testament defined worship until the time Jesus was crucified.

Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him(meaning :he ran and bow down before him)

Bowing or any form of physical activities are not worship anymore and Christians are still holding the kinda of bowing down worship till today even after Christ has been crucified and he is resurrected, how will they be free from religious activities and ordinances ?

But how does Jesus defined worship in spirit and in truth?

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The hour refers to the time from his resurrection till this moment.
So, worship does not imply physical activities anymore.
God is a spirit.
Spirit can never accept physical activities as worship anymore.
what is spirit is spirit, and what is flesh is flesh(John3:6). we now worship in spirit.

Church activities of raising holy hands, singing and praying isn't worship talkless of Christmas which is a mere celebration, all these are physical activities
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Uchesis: 1:55am On Dec 27, 2019
Sunnycliff:

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

What is the first day of the week?
some say its monday, some say satrurday, and some say sunday.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Muyiwaipere(m): 4:13am On Dec 27, 2019
taurusdude0:
was it in bible to/did our lord Jesus ask u to celebrate his death. He said do this in memory of me (eating and drinking his body and blood) do you?
Luke 11 Vs 19
I Corinthians 10vs 24
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 7:35am On Dec 27, 2019
macklef:

Must he be born on that day? Una don turn deputy Jesus
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 7:37am On Dec 27, 2019
Muyiwaipere:

Luke 11 Vs 19
I Corinthians 10vs 24

Show us the place where Jesus said we should celebrate his death

O
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 8:38am On Dec 27, 2019
Everything starts in the spirit before physically manifesting. Worship is part of those things that starts in the spirit and manifest in physical bowing of heads, singing, dancing, pouring libations, giving offerings and so on. Every celebration starts in the spirit because spirit does rejoice. If your spirit rejoices during Christmas, then Christmas is a worship which starts in your spirit before manifesting in your lighting and beautifying everywhere and singing tunes in the mood of Christmas
paxonel:
may be that was how old testament defined worship until the time Jesus was crucified.

Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him(meaning :he ran and bow down before him)

Bowing or any form of physical activities are not worship anymore and Christians are still holding the kinda of bowing down worship till today even after Christ has been crucified and he is resurrected, how will they be free from religious activities and ordinances ?

But how does Jesus defined worship in spirit and in truth?

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The hour refers to the time from his resurrection till this moment.
So, worship does not imply physical activities anymore.
God is a spirit.
Spirit can never accept physical activities as worship anymore.
what is spirit is spirit, and what is flesh is flesh(John3:6). we now worship in spirit.

Church activities of raising holy hands, singing and praying isn't worship talkless of Christmas which is a mere celebration, all these are physical activities
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by MiddleDimension: 9:26am On Dec 27, 2019
sunnycliff you have not replied my last post
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2019
cerpvad:
Everything starts in the spirit before physically manifesting. Worship is part of those things that starts in the spirit and manifest in physical bowing of heads, singing, dancing, pouring libations, giving offerings and so on. Every celebration starts in the spirit because spirit does rejoice. If your spirit rejoices during Christmas, then Christmas is a worship which starts in your spirit before manifesting in your lighting and beautifying everywhere and singing tunes in the mood of Christmas
worship should be directed to God who is spirit and not to your spirit, because sometimes your spirit fails you: it tells you to do a thing like worshipping God by sing in church or by celebrating Christmas meanwhile the thing your spirit is telling you to do is is a clear deviation from scriptures when it comes to worship that's why the bible is there to guide us
whatever your spirit chooses to do in this physical life(christmas celebration or any physical activity) does not matter in worship, God isn't interested because he is a spirit. You are only doing them for your physical justification and body satisfaction and also to please people when they see you doing those things.
what matter to God is what the holy spirit want you to do in worship and what he want you to do is clearly spelt in scriptures by saying WORSHIP ME IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.(Not in physical things like Christmas celebrations and any forum of rituals or sacrifices).

How do you worship God in spirit and in truth?
It is by believing in Christ for your salvation which you have already done.

That's why Jesus Christ stated it clearly : THE TIME IS NOW WHEN MEN WILL WORSHIP ME IN SPIRIT AND IN TRURH.
Meaning : the time of worshipping in spirit and in truth was the time Christianity commences on earth, when he died and resurrected.

So worshipping is not about physical things or physical celebrations it's about your believe in Christ that's all.

God don't need anything from you, just believe in Christ you have worshipped him like that.

SO, IF YOU HAVE THAT CHRIST IN YOU, EVERY OTHER THING YOU DO HERE ON THIS EARTH IS INCONSEQUENTIAL
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
paxonel:
worship should be directed to God who is spirit and not to your spirit, because sometimes your spirit fails you: it tells you to do a thing like worshipping God by sing in church or by celebrating Christmas meanwhile the thing your spirit is telling you to do is is a clear deviation from scriptures when it comes to worship that's why the bible is there to guide us
whatever your spirit chooses to do in this physical life(christmas celebration or any physical activity) does not matter in worship, God isn't interested because he is a spirit. You are only doing them for your physical justification and body satisfaction and also to please people when they see you doing those things.
what matter to God is what the holy spirit want you to do in worship and what he want you to do is clearly spelt in scriptures by saying WORSHIP ME IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.(Not in physical things like Christmas celebrations and any forum of rituals or sacrifices).

How do you worship God in spirit and in truth?
It is by believing in Christ for your salvation which you have already done.

That's why Jesus Christ stated it clearly : THE TIME IS NOW WHEN MEN WILL WORSHIP ME IN SPIRIT AND IN TRURH.
Meaning : the time of worshipping in spirit and in truth was the time Christianity commences on earth, when he died and resurrected.

So worshipping is not about physical things or physical celebrations it's about your believe in Christ that's all.

God don't need anything from you, just believe in Christ you have worshipped him like that.

SO, IF YOU HAVE THAT CHRIST IN YOU, EVERY OTHER THING YOU DO HERE ON THIS EARTH IS INCONSEQUENTIAL
Look at the bolded. Don't you think you have just confirmed that Christmas is INCONSEQUENTIAL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

"Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo) / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.