Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106582 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 4:21am On Dec 26, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
Well more points on Jehovah's witness..we don't celebrate because
1.There's no biblical backing stating Jesus was born on Dec 25
2.Jesus never in anywhere said we should celebrate his birthday nor did he celebrate it himself
3.Go and check Wikipedia this Christmas celebration it's no biblical it's from there pagan origin

If you don't believe this... Argue with your phone
was it in bible to/did our lord Jesus ask u to celebrate his death. He said do this in memory of me (eating and drinking his body and blood) do you?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 4:23am On Dec 26, 2019
Dauraking:
Some years ago Deeper Life years never allowed their member to watch television or appear in one. The church said that television was evil. Today, Kumuyi talks to his member from his location through the television. Today every Deeper Life church has giant television through which they view Kumuyi.
They are hypocrites I tell you
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 4:32am On Dec 26, 2019
boxer022:
Everything is wrong with it. Who chose that date as the date to celebrate the birth of Christ. What is their evidence or proof backing such a day. What is the relationship between Father Christmas and the celebration of the birth of Christ? If you don't know make enquiries.
this one dey bring father Christmas come this talk. Christmas has been celebrated years before Santa Claus or ur father Christmas. There are different stories about Santa his own is to give gift to less privilege kids. It's part of the society not the church.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 4:46am On Dec 26, 2019
fraymite:

See the way you're confusing yourself. So someone can just sit and add anything to Christianity which is not commanded by Jesus and no biblical backing? No wonder why we even say the modern day Christianity is based on falsehood. Renounce this and worship your lord, your creator. That is Allah. Research about Islam and accept before death meet you.
but but but every sallah is someone that will tell you it's sallah(full moon) that's y some Muslims celebrate it on different days. Hypocrite!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 4:52am On Dec 26, 2019
Chi133:

U see ur life, celebrate jesus every day
ah u are very correct you must celebrate Christ everyday but everyday u also go to school,market,bank,work every day. did u go today? probably NO because a day has been set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by taurusdude0(m): 5:10am On Dec 26, 2019
https://patch.com/georgia/athens/why-is-sunday-called-sunday
The Catholic church is thousands of years,it is wise. It takes year's of deliberation for things to be done.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by xreal: 6:07am On Dec 26, 2019
helinues:
Best Church to enjoy Christmas Carol in Nigeria

Apostolic Faith

True.

Classical Music at its best.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sedonxavi: 6:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Jaysolu:
Christmas is a holiday that even athiests celebrate
Make dem spin bush abeg
Which atheist dey celebrate Christmas with u
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sedonxavi: 6:35am On Dec 26, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?
Christianity and innovation like 5 and 6. In the hereafter all una eyes go open...yeye
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 6:44am On Dec 26, 2019
almarthins:

Na the chicken and jollof rice dey tontontori u. Lol. God can nt share his glory with any one. Christ can not be celebrated on the same day with zeus.

They don't glorify other gods on dec 25th. Na you talk say christ cant be celebrated on the same day with Zeus.

You talk like Zeus is greater than Jesus to you. Well, we choose to celebrate Jesus on dec 25th come and beat us.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 6:57am On Dec 26, 2019
macklef:
christians has the right to fix for God n jesus.
Fix for God and Jesus?
You funny o! grin
Who told you Christmas is fixed for God and Jesus did you see God and Jesus celebrating Christmas with humans?

Christmas is fixed for humans who are Christians by Christians themselves just like Sunday is fixed by Christians set aside for humans to worship uniformly.
Sunday is not fixed for God, God owns everyday.
Who can fix a day for God, do you know who is God?

Christians do not just have the right they also have the power to do and not to do, so long whatever they want to do are lawful.

Christmas and Sunday worship have been there a very long time ago before we were born nothing couldn't stop these activities, is it you that was just given birth today who knows nothing about the origin of these activities that will stop it by talking with that your little voice?
You are just making noise for nothing Christmas has come to stay there is nothing you can do about it. If I were you i will channel all that energy you used to condemn Christmas for something profitable because you are busy chasing wild geese.

Same way they had the right to make a golden calf right?.
your argument does not follow.
Golden calf was made for idolatry but do you see any idol made by Christians during christmas celebration?

You must be a simple joke.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by AdemolaReal1(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2019
God says, 'we will create confusion in their midst'
God is Great
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by almarthins(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

They don't glorify other gods on dec 25th. Na you talk say christ cant be celebrated on the same day with Zeus.

You talk like Zeus is greater than Jesus to you. Well, we choose to celebrate Jesus on dec 25th come and beat us.

grin grin
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 26, 2019
Ornament2003:

I differ from what you spewed here.
Faith is a revelation. And the revelation is a continuum. The faithfuls keep growing in revelation.
There are a few things the church leaders have said in the past, but as they keep growing in faith and revelations, they found out those things were not exactly what they thought they were and they keep making some adjustments.
At a time, Pastor Kumuyi painted Television as the devil's box. So members were discouraged from watching television. But today, the church has outgrown that, television is now a commonplace in most deeper life members' houses.
Also, Pentecostal Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, and not by the church leaders. Every Pentecostal Christian has a measure of the Holy Ghost to teach him all things, to remind him all things and to guide him. That's why it's written: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2pe.1.20.KJV
So, no Pentecostal church leader can lord anything on the members, except those members are ignorant!

Thanks for the contribution.

Of course the light of truth keep getting brighter! Proverbs 4:18

And as the light gets brighter God's people move together as one body! So nobody can isolate himself/herself as wiser than the movement!
If those taking the lead say something, God stamp it as law over all his people or raise another person to correct such a notion INSTANTLY. Because he is a God of ORDER not CONFUSION {1Corinthians 14:33} when a leader says or do something wrong and some disagree but they will not speak boldly to correct him {Galatians 2:11-14} that's not the spirit of God but of the Devil (division) {Galatians 5:20}
If it's the spirit that Jesus promised to send in order to set matters straight and put things in order, YOU MUST SPEAK UP WHAT THE SPIRIT (Jesus sent to tell you something in secret) IN THE PUBLIC without hesitation! Matthew 10:27

So according to Jesus (if it's not the spirit of the Devil) God's people must move as one body {John 17:20-23} and they must have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2

God bless you Sir!

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Tchalz(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2019
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.

Tiri gbosa for you! I usually use this to win arguments.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by fraymite: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2019
LINTUNE:
u are really stupid for this, are u talking of the same Allah that promotes violence and pedophilia..
May Almighty Allah forgive you because you are ignorance and on the path of misguidance. No amount of words I can say that will guide you except Allah wills. The early disbelievers said more than what you say before Allah guide them to the right path. So there is hope you can also be on the right path but you also strive for that. Don't just practice a religion because you were born in it, read and research about other religion then you will definitely embrace Islam and that is if you care about true salvation.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Codes151(m): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2019
Christian thread they always sweet for everyone. Preach on!

What a religion. Great!!

Not like one cult group
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Codes151(m): 8:14am On Dec 26, 2019
fraymite:

May Almighty Allah forgive you because you are ignorance and on the path of misguidance. No amount of words I can say that will guide you except Allah wills. The early disbelievers said more than what you say before Allah guide them to the right path. So there is hope you can also be on the right path but you also strive for that. Don't just practice a religion because you were born in it, read and research about other religion then you will definitely embrace Islam and that is if you care about true salvation.
islam is filled with hypocrites and fakes as well!

Salvation is according to believes.

Stop talk thrash about religion! Focus on your islam
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Dumte(m): 8:22am On Dec 26, 2019
It amazes me that deeper life as holy as they are is counted among this group.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by akezn: 8:45am On Dec 26, 2019
All these pastors saying that Christmas is not biblical should tell me where it is in the bible that they should celebrate crossover service, father's day, mother's day, church anniversary and other celebrations that they do.

So long as it is the day set aside to celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus, whether Dec. 25th or any other day that is chosen. I say MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 8:49am On Dec 26, 2019
Don't turn logic on the head. Christmas is proven to have originated from idols worshipping. Are you telling us that Christ would be approving a practice saturated in idolatry just because it makes people happy?
paxonel:
let me reiterate what you have said but the other way round.
Christmas is a social celebration which brings happiness and unite a lot of people and also serves as a means to convert a lot of non Christians into christianity even in our generation. If Yeoshua in his generation was happy when other people were happy (John 2:2), common sense and logic should tell you that he would have seen nothing wrong with people happy celebrating his birth if there was time and any need to do that .
Remember, Jesus never had time for frivolities and celebrations as his main target was to embark on a journey with his disciples to as far as Jerusalem where he was to be crucified?
So, there was no time for jamboree!

Now, that he is crucified and he is resurrected and people are saying they want to jamboree, please let them do so until it proven otherwise that Christ himself is not happy with them and will come to disrupt their happiness, it's their right to be happy and celebrate.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by boxer022(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2019
taurusdude0:
this one dey bring father Christmas come this talk. Christmas has been celebrated years before Santa Claus or ur father Christmas. There are different stories about Santa his own is to give gift to less privilege kids. It's part of the society not the church.
If it is part of the society who introduced it to the society and why do churches have one during their carol nights. Why is he an important factor of that day that without him, the day is not complete.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
Don't turn logic on the head. Christmas is proven to have originated from idols worshipping.
you just said originated.
That means, what idol worshippers celebrated was never christmas but a celebration that has to with their idol worshipping, and Christmas is a celebration for Christians and not idol worshippers strictly to celebrate Christ.
And by the way, why should i now take what has happened in the past among unbelievers to determine my religious goals of being happy and celebrating this present time, am i that stupid?
The idol worshippers you are referring to here are all dead people, me I'm alive today deserved to be happy. I will now take what dead people who are not alive today did when they were alive some thousands of years ago to obstruct my happiness today is that not stupidity?

Is this not the same Daddy Freeze who condemned the Jewish tithing activities of thousands of years ago practiced today in churches and we were all happy he did so? why is he now using what has been done by unbelievers hundreds of years ago to contrast with Christian celebration of today?

You Christians don't know the power Christ has given you.
He died and gave you life only for you to compare and contrast yourself with dead people, what has dead people and their activities of thousands of years ago got to do with your present life?

I don't know how you people reason

Are you telling us that Christ would be approving a practice saturated in idolatry just because it makes people happy?
you have no prove that Christmas celebration is saturated with idolatry that's your assumption.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2019
cerpvad:
Don't turn logic on the head. Christmas is proven to have originated from idols worshipping. Are you telling us that Christ would be approving a practice saturated in idolatry just because it makes people happy?

Originated from idol worshipping yet you cant ever say Christmas is idol worshipping. Lol
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 10:11am On Dec 26, 2019
boxer022:
If it is part of the society who introduced it to the society and why do churches have one during their carol nights. Why is he an important factor of that day that without him, the day is not complete.

Because we love it.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by udeh3(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2019
We live in a world where malaria have a day, HIV even Democracy all have days... The world didn't go into debate. But when it comes to Jesus Christ birth, everyone will start looking for Bible passages.

The wise men heard of the birth and celebrated Jesus Christ... Let's celebrate Him as chosen

Merry Christmas
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2019
Of course Christmas is pure idols worshipping if it's not an idea that originated from Christ himself. He never gave directive that his birth and death be celebrated with pomps and pageantry. Some people popped up along the way in history to institute pagan celebrations in the guise of honouring Christ. Yeoshua cannot be honored with what He spent his life time Condemning.
Hairyrapunzel:

Originated from idol worshipping yet you cant ever say Christmas is idol worshipping. Lol
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2019
The Christmas tree is a prove enough for idolatry embellishments that are characteristics of Christmas celebration. Google is there for you to carry out further studies.
paxonel:
you just said originated.
That means, what idol worshippers celebrated was never christmas but a celebration that has to with their idol worshipping, and Christmas is a celebration for Christians and not idol worshippers strictly to celebrate Christ.
And by the way, why should i now take what has happened in the past among unbelievers to determine my religious goals of being happy and celebrating this present time, am i that stupid?
The idol worshippers you are referring to here are all dead people, me I'm alive today deserved to be happy. I will now take what dead people who are not alive today did when they were alive some thousands of years ago to obstruct my happiness today is that not stupidity?

Is this not the same Daddy Freeze who condemned the Jewish tithing activities of thousands of years ago practiced today in churches and we were all happy he did so? why is he now using what has been done by unbelievers hundreds of years ago to contrast with Christian celebration of today?

You Christians don't know the power Christ has given you.
He died and gave you life only for you to compare and contrast yourself with dead people, what has dead people and their activities of thousands of years ago got to do with your present life?

I don't know how you people reason
you have no prove that Christmas celebration is saturated with idolatry that's your assumption.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Ayobami7(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2019
Me too
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by osazsky(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2019
almarthins:

Na the chicken and jollof rice dey tontontori u. Lol. God can nt share his glory with any one. Christ can not be celebrated on the same day with zeus.
I ask u again do u know how many rapists and killers were born on d same day christ was born,leave us to celebrate him,or is it only jesus that was born on that day mumu is it ur jesus leave our jesus for us. grow up
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2019
paxonel:
Fix for God and Jesus?
You funny o! grin
Who told you Christmas is fixed for God and Jesus did you see God and Jesus celebrating Christmas with humans?

Christmas is fixed for humans who are Christians by Christians themselves just like Sunday is fixed by Christians set aside for humans to worship uniformly.
Sunday is not fixed for God, God owns everyday.
Who can fix a day for God, do you know who is God?

Christians do not just have the right they also have the power to do and not to do, so long whatever they want to do are lawful.

Christmas and Sunday worship have been there a very long time ago before we were born nothing couldn't stop these activities, is it you that was just given birth today who knows nothing about the origin of these activities that will stop it by talking with that your little voice?
You are just making noise for nothing Christmas has come to stay there is nothing you can do about it. If I were you i will channel all that energy you used to condemn Christmas for something profitable because you are busy chasing wild geese.
your argument does not follow.
Golden calf was made for idolatry but do you see any idol made by Christians during christmas celebration?

You must be a simple joke.
ur use of so many words doesnt mean u make sense, infact u dont make sense, i guess its all a figurative speech. Just have a lovely holiday i wish not to banta further. Caio!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.