Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

Obama Is A Weak Chicken - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Is A Weak Chicken (11181 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Barack Obama Is Time Person Of The Year 2012. / Obama Is A Fraud: Never Attended Columbia University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by Katsumoto: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
JeSoul:

You are trying to insinuate that there were absolutely no - zero - nada - zilch alternatives to the economic route Obama took, seriously? It would be better if you simply said you don't believe the republican or tea party or green party alternatives would've been better than Obama's approah. But to say no alternatives were suggested? seriously? Just a quick google search yields these highlights I remember from last yr -

Stimulus:
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS317&q=alternatives+to+stimulus+bill&aq=1&oq=
GOP suggests alternatives to stimulus:
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-02-02/politics/stimulus_1_gop-senators-tax-cuts-stimulus-plan?_s=PM:POLITICS

Bail-out: (which were both against Bush's and Obama's by the way)
http://www.google.com/search?q=alternatives+to+bail-out&source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS317&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Whether or not you diagree with them or find them viable is not the point - but that alternatives were infact suggested as you've denied. This is why I said the penchant for Obama's supporters to constantly alledge opponents never suggest anything is flat out wrong.

Anyways I don't want this to turn into who can post more links or data or whatever. That's not really the point. I was just trying to counter your assertion that Americans are by and large ignorant - a point I firmly and ferociously disagree with.

You are referring to the Republicans plans which were scaled down versions of the Obama plan by approximately $170 billion? The republicans objected to Obama's stimulus on the basis that it incresed the deficit by an additional $170 billion but have no problems in increasing the deficit by an additional $800 Billion. My point - they opposed it just because they wanted to oppose it and didn't suggest an ALTERNATIVE solution. Their dissent was more about $170 billion rather than the whole bill as was portrayed by the right wing media.

Also interesting is how republicans including Mitt Romney opposed the healthcare bill which is very similar to the Massachusetts Bill signed by Romney. Romney is one of the republicans calling for the healthcare bill to be repealed. Point - Republicans will oppose any idea from Obama even if it is one he borrowed from them.

With regards to your point about levels of ignorance in the US, we shall agree to disagree.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are referring to the Republicans plans which were scaled down versions of the Obama plan by approximately $170 billion? The republicans objected to Obama's stimulus on the basis that it incresed the deficit by an additional $170 billion but have no problems in increasing the deficit by an additional $800 Billion. My point - they opposed it just because they wanted to oppose it and didn't suggest an ALTERNATIVE solution. Their dissent was more about $170 billion rather than the whole bill as was portrayed by the right wing media.
  Now you're talking. And sorry if I'm harping on semantics - I just wanted to stress that alternatives were infact presented. If you don't believe in their viability (or that it was in respect to the whole bill or parts), that's another story for another economist (not that I am one). Obviously, the authors of the different plans (there were several you know, some not from the repubs) think otherwise about what it would do to the deficit. Ditto to the stimulus and bailouts. Even the green party was touting their own alternatives then.

Also interesting is how republicans including Mitt Romney opposed the healthcare bill which is very similar to the Massachusetts Bill signed by Romney. Romney is one of the republicans calling for the healthcare bill to be repealed.
  You're right about Romney - but again, Romney does not constitute all republicans - and to the best of my knowledge - and as a massachusetts resident, republicans here were against it. This is one reason why I think Romney will have a very hard time trying to run for president. The mass healthcare system is in the financial toilet.

Point - most Republicans will oppose any idea from Obama even if it is one he borrowed from them.
This statement becomes thoroughly true - I think - with that small additional word from me. I just heard republican Senator Scott Brown from mass praising Obama to the high heavens for the recent bill, few days ago on local radio - generalizations I think are a bit of an issue here.

With regards to your point about levels of ignorance in the US, we shall agree to disagree.
Agreed. Here we go, something we can finally shake hands on  smiley

As a side note, just want to say merry christmas to you all, esp my good friends and banter partners of all political sides. Hope you all have a fantastic holiday. We go jam next week.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by Katsumoto: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2010
JeSoul:

You're right about Romney - but again, Romney does not constitute all republicans - and to the best of my knowledge - and as a massachusetts resident, republicans here were against it. This is one reason why I think Romney will have a very hard time trying to run for president. The mass healthcare system is in the financial toilet.

Are you suggesting that Romney was in the minority in opposing the Healthcare Bill? We know that a significant majority of Republicans opposed the Healthcare Bill which is why the hypocrite Romney forgot the plan was a copy of his own state Bill and decided to join the republican bandwagon in condemning it.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

Are you suggesting that Romney was in the minority in opposing the Healthcare Bill?
no, not what I meant. I meant of massachusetts reps, not many were in favor of the state HC bill. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

We know that a significant majority of Republicans opposed the Healthcare Bill which is why[b] the hypocrite Romney forgot the plan was a copy of his own state Bill[/b] and decided to join the republican bandwagon in condemning it.
No objection your honor  grin
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by Katsumoto: 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
JeSoul:

As a side note, just want to say merry christmas to you all, esp my good friends and banter partners of all political sides. Hope you all have a fantastic holiday. We go jam next week.

Just seeing this; merry christmas to you as well and to others.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by NegroNtns(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
merry crimmus to er'body! grin

We will continue after Xmas.

Katsumoto,

I want you to contemplate on the following situational analogy:

A hungry lion took the risk of chasing after a wild horse, it lept high in air with its claws drawn and fore limbs stretched forward for a grip of its prey. The horse kicked back its hind legs and barely missed the lion's jaw but the force landed on its shoulder and did damage. The lion recoiled and roared in pain. . . it limped away into the fields.

Limping and not able to hunt, it abandoned its den to avoid becoming a kill for the hyenas. A field ranger came upon it and intervened. Noting that the lion would soon die without food, the ranger went and slaughtered a young foal and brought it back to feed the lion.

In your opinion, do you think it is fair that the horse should loose its child to the injured predator?

Since the objective of the ranger was to keep the lion alive, would it not be equally okay to feed it with road kills, scavenged left overs, drowned antelopes on the river bank. . . .instead of a fresh fat kill snatched from the mother it was preying just days before when it got hurt?
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by preselect(m): 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
Hmmm, Negro-ntns has taken us to another level cheesy

jesoul, won't you wish me merry Xmas? grin I'm in the US now. To spend time with family.

Tayo d, merry Xmas and happy new yr wink
you know I admire you secretly. cool
God bless you all.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by MandingoII(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
Barack Obama: Congress 'most productive' in decades

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12064668

President Barack Obama has called the now-ending session of Congress "the most productive" in generations.

He was speaking after the Senate approved a nuclear treaty with Russia, a bill to allow gays to serve openly in the military and other measures.

He said his "biggest disappointment" was the Senate's failure to approve a law to grant legal status to some young illegal immigrants.

Mr Obama was later to fly to Hawaii for his year-end holiday.

The president's year-end news conference came at the end of a so-called lame duck, post-election session of Congress in which Mr Obama and the Democrats racked up a series of victories that stunned observers accustomed to partisan bickering and gridlock.

In addition to approving the New Start nuclear arms treaty with Russia on Wednesday, Congress in the past week has approved a bill to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" ban on gays serving openly in the military, a measure to fund healthcare for rescue and clean-up workers at New York's Ground Zero, a compromise tax cut and unemployment benefits bill, and other laws.

Earlier this year, Congress approved Mr Obama's healthcare overhaul bill, a financial services reform bill, and other Democratic priorities.

"It's fair to say that this has been the most productive post-election period we've had in decades," Mr Obama told reporters. "It comes on the heels of the most productive two years that we've had in generations."

'Victory for the people'

Mr Obama declined a reporter's invitation to gloat.

"What's happened over the last several weeks is not a victory for me, it's a victory for the American people," he said. "The lesson I hope that everybody takes from this is that it's possible for Democrats and Republicans to have principled disagreements, to have some lengthy arguments but to ultimately find common ground to move the country forward."

On the heels of Mr Obama's successful push to overturn the ban on gay and lesbian Americans serving openly in the military, the president declined to say he supported gay marriage.

But he suggested he was open to legislation that would give gay "civil unions" the same legal protections and status as mixed-sex marriages.

"I struggle with this. I have friends, people who work for me who are in powerful, long standing gay or lesbian unions," he said. "My baseline is a strong civil union that provides them the protections and the legal rights that married couples have."

One top Democratic priority that failed at the weekend - which Mr Obama called his "biggest disappointment" - was a bill that would have granted some young illegal immigrants who arrived in the US as children a path to legal status after they served in the military or attended university.

The bill failed under virtually unanimous Republican opposition, but Mr Obama pledged to work at it again in the next session.

The next session of Congress, due to begin on 5 January, will be far less friendly to Mr Obama and the Democrats' legislative agenda. In the November election, Republicans won control of the House of Representatives and strengthened their numbers in the Senate.

But Mr Obama on Wednesday said he remained optimistic.

"We are not doomed to endless gridlock," he said. "We have shown in the wake of the November elections that we have the capacity not only to make progress but to make progress together."
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by DeeJay20: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
What a Load of Ignorant posters, please you guys should try
and research before you post

President Obama is a Puppet Period!!!

Foreign Policy is still being controlled by the Republicans!!! President Obama
will dance to the tune of his "Handlers" stop fooling yourselves!

USA Need to Maintain Control off Oil in order to keep Allies in Check and Enemies Down

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKDy5GR33o&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by montelik(m): 9:51am On Dec 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

To buttress some of the points I made about Obama haters see below. I can't lift the whole article without being banned by the spambot but I have provided a link below. There are commentators who are being sponsored by right wing groups/persons to spread lies about Obama and some want to believe its not because of the skin colour of POTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JeSoul, a good number of US citizens protest against Obama because they are being fed lies and not because they are dissatisfied with his actions. Do you still believe that a majority of US citizens are well informed?

http://www.alternet.org/story/149193/study_confirms_that_fox_news_makes_you_stupid/

A new survey of USA voters shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources.

* 91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
    * 72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
    * 72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
    * 60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
    * 49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
    * 63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
    * 56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
    * 38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
    * 63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)

D conclusion is inescapable. Fox News is deliberately misinforming its viewers & it is doing so for a reason. Every issue above is one in which the Republican Party had a vested interest. The GOP benefited from the ignorance that Fox News helped to proliferate. D results were apparent in D election last month as voters based their decisions on demonstrably false information fed to them by Fox News.

Dis is not an isolated review of Fox’s performance. It has been corroborated time and time again. D fact that Fox News is so blatantly dishonest, & D effects of that dishonesty have become ingrained in an electorate dat has been been purposefully deceived, needs to be made known to every American. Our democracy cannot function if voters are making choices based on lies. We have d evidence that Fox is tilting the scales and we must now make certain its corporate owners do not get away with it.   (I changed some of the wording to get around the spam bot)

Okay I initially replied that studies can be shaped and guided to produce biased conclusions. This video shows how sometimes a study, report or poll can be shaped or produced in a manner that is far from fair or that makes baseless conclusions. Now I am not saying whether or not FOX viewers or any viewers are ignorant or misinformed. But this is why before a poll or study can be extrapolated to entire viewership of a network, one needs to look at the way the report is constructed to see if the conclusion have any basis.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8KHOgyYyHQ?fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
@PRE-ELECT

Obama is soooooooooooooo weak, I mean his government gives $1b in aid to Egypt but he can't tell the tyrant and dictator called Mubark to resign, what the hell is going on with Mr Obama, I remember him going to Egypt during his presidential campaighn and sulking up to Mubark, I was thinking back then that Mr Obama might come to regret his actions, iniatially he was in support on Mubark but he realised the people were not going to back down, then he said the wishes of the people should be respected and then we hear from the right papers that the King of Saudi has asked him to to humilate Mubark and then last nite, everyone was hoping for Mubark to resign but he did the opposite and also asked the West to keep out of his country's affair, he is happy to accept billions in aid but not happy to be told wht to do, it serves the West right and hopeful they would learn not to stand shoulder to shoulder with tyrants in the Middle East. America and UK knew about human rights abuse in Egypt but they turned a blind-eye to it because of his relationship with Israel.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
Nice topic to resurrect sister smiley

thameamead:

America and UK knew about human rights abuse in Egypt but they turned a blind-eye to it because of his relationship with Israel.
Gbam. I agree fully here. But thameamead, I think Obama has handled the situation as well as he can. I mean he cannot come out hard against Mubarak since the US has been their ally for forever. Plus the US doesn't just give "aid" out of the goodness of their hearts, they're also getting something out of the relationship so both sides have something to lose. I think Obama has done what he can, he has to tread very sofly as we don't have many allies in the ME. He can't afford to burn the few bridges we have. The rest really is up to the Egyptian people.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2011
JeSoul:

Gbam. I agree fully here. But thameamead, I think Obama has handled the situation as well as he can. I mean he cannot come out hard against Mubarak since the US has been their ally for forever. Plus the US doesn't just give "aid" out of the goodness of their hearts, they're also getting something out of the relationship so both sides have something to lose. I think Obama has done what he can, he has to tread very sofly as we don't have many allies in the ME. He can't afford to burn the few bridges we have. The rest really is up to the Egyptian people.

Siz,
The west cannnot continue to support tyrants and dictators, the West talk about Democracy all the time but most of the tyrants they cosy up to in the Middle East are tyrants who will do anything to stay in power, they won't allow oppostion to have rallies and they control the media, they torture people who disagree with them, am dissappointed in President Obama, he should have asked Mr Murbark to quit immediately but instead he was bn told by the Saudi King who happens to be another tyrant not to humilate Mr Mubark.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 11:49am On Feb 14, 2011
JeSoul:

Siz,
The West only talk about democracy when they need to invade counties like Iraq which has a oil and Afghanstan which had natural resources, Am so proud of the people of Egypt and my heart goes out to the people who lost loved ones in helping to topple Mr Mubark but that is the price of Freedom, innocent lives are lost.

The Tunsians did a great job to I wonder who is next Libya, Yemen, Algeria, Morrocco or Jodan. I hope they are removed one by one.

Power To The People.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by preselect(m): 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
Looks like Algeria is next. And this time I hope Obama will be bold enough to join the democratic forces from the start.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
thameamead:

Siz,
The west cannnot continue to support tyrants and dictators, the West talk about Democracy all the time but most of the tyrants they cosy up to in the Middle East are tyrants who will do anything to stay in power, they won't allow oppostion to have rallies and they control the media, they torture people who disagree with them, am dissappointed in President Obama, he should have asked Mr Murbark to quit immediately but instead he was bn told by the Saudi King who happens to be another tyrant not to humilate Mr Mubark.
thameamead:

Siz,
The West only talk about democracy when they need to invade counties like Iraq which has a oil and Afghanstan which had natural resources, Am so proud of the people of Egypt and my heart goes out to the people who lost loved ones in helping to topple Mr Mubark but that is the price of Freedom, innocent lives are lost.

. . . and you have hit the nail squarely on the head.

Politicians like Obama wax poetical on the campaign trail, they promise all these lofty ideals of democracy and a better world - and I don't blame them because they don't know better - until they actually get into office and then suddenly find out that that is not how the world works.

You are 1000% right that the west will preach 'democracy' in one case, yet turn a blind eye in another - this is because at the end of the day, its all about looking out for YOUR own interest. And it is in the best interest of the US (not Egypt) for Mubarak to have stayed in power and maintained the status quo. CNN and the rest of them are now criticizing Mubarak as if he just got into power, he's been there for 30yrs! yet they've been fine to look the other way. Anderson Cooper and co. are suddenly acting like they're part of a 'revolution'. Where were they these past 30yrs Mubarak has been brutally killing people? I laugh at these pretenders.

Deep down Obama may have wanted to tell Mubarak to quit, but in reality he can't - because He has to work for the good of America first and above all. Unfortunately, this is how the world works. We support dictators when it profits us, and oppose them when they don't profit us . . . and sister, every single country does this. Which is why I don't fault Obama on this. We have to get in bed with filthy leaders if the union is in our best interest - this is reality. Not that hope and change warrever he was preaching on the campaign trail.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2011
^reading my post again . . . I sound like such a resolute pessimist about world affairs and how we do business. Lol. Make una nor blame me jor, na so I see am, na so I go call am.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
pres-elect:

Looks like Algeria is next. And this time I hope Obama will be bold enough to join the democratic forces from the start.

@pres-elect, Happy New Year.
Algeria, Morroco, Yemen, Jordan, the list goes on, i hope Mr Obama speaks out this time round or else, people like me who are on the centre-left will be disappointed in him, when I said Mr Obama was all talk and no action people on this forum, people disagreed with me, its not about giving long speeches, its about actions and acting fast not waiting until its too late.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2011
@JeSoul,
All these leaders that are coming out of the wood-works to heap praise on the people of Egypt, where have they bn for the past 30 yrs, the Swiss have frozen all his accounts while the British government don't seem to know what to do, the British Home Secretary said they would look into all his properties and will look to see if it was bought with public money, sometimes i wonder what planet these our so called elected live on, of course Mr Mubarark used taxpayers to fund his and his familles life-style, the former prime minister Tony Blair who is The Middle East Envoy (whatever that means) holidayed @ Mubarack's palatian villa in Egypt including Members of the France Cabinet, The leaders preach democracy while enjoying a holiday trip paid for by tyrants and dictators who human rights abuse is reportes by Human Commission it's always swept under the carpet. turns out some British Banks helped Mr Mubarack move billions in dollars before he resighed last week. I wonder what country is next cos am loving it. Aljazeeral did a fabulous job covering the protests.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by preselect(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2011
@thamesmead,
happy new yr my sister cheesy you are center left? Good for you. I'm an unapologetic red hot liberal. A socialist. I cannot describe my disappointment with the Obama administration after so much hope of a real change. Look at his budget. Looks like something written by the RNC or CPAC. Just to appease the right. And yet he won't get thier support. Why ia it that when America talks of deficit the first thing they do is to cut benefits for the poor? Cut de damned pentagon budget for starters. Where was deficit when they were giving tax cuts for the rich? I'm so ashamed.

As for Egypt, welcome to the stupendous hypocrisy of international politics. It's so irritating. I don't even want to talk about it. Obama is obsessed with re-election. He has no boldness to do the right thing without worrying about re-election. Look at his so called health reform( Which looks more like Romney's health reform in Massachusettes, a republican law that is on the right of bob dole's republican proposal I. The mid 90s) it took him and his congress 1 full yr to debate and get that bill and it took the republican congress one week or two to tear it down despite increasing polls for the bill. Look at new jersey governor, he doesn't care about reelection and he does his dirt without caring. Can't Obama be like that and at least do what he promised. He is obsessed with a re-election that he won't get. I was in Ohio last Xmas, he cannot win that state, those guys hate him. Even if he becomes republican they'll not vote for him. I also went to Virginia. He won't win there again. He has less than two yrs to do what he promised but he is busy claiming to be like Ronald Reagan, A very lousy president on whose watch the gap between the rich and the poor started to widen in America to what it is today.

Stupid!
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by montelik(m): 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
@pres-elect where have you been all this time?
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by preselect(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2011
My brother I dey o, just up and about looking for means of surviving the recession.?
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2011
Prez and Thameamead,

As much as I agree with both of you about the sorry state of the dynamics of international politics, I can't help but feel that I think if we were in a position of power, we would see things very differently, and be less cavalier about what we expect to happen. What you're asking of Obama is unrealistic in the world that we live in. A leader has to do what he has to do for the best interest of his country - not his ideals. He cannot risk antagonizing the source of our oil, or attack the Chinese on their human rights violations because they're our bankers right now etc etc. If he were Bono or Nelson Mandela or some other private citizen/activist that would be a different story.

Honestly, we have to sometimes put idealism on the backburner and face up with realism.

Realism in international relations theory

Realism in international relations theory is one of the dominant schools of thinking within the international relations discipline. Realism or political realism prioritizes national interest and security over ideology, moral concerns and social reconstructions. This term is often synonymous with power politics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_in_international_relations_theory
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by montelik(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2011
pres-elect:

My brother I dey o, just up and about looking for means of surviving the recession.?

Don't worry my brother, just keep hustling and your harvest will surely come.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2011
Bono? Bono is a big time hypocrite, his tax affairs are handled in Netherlands meaning he does not pay any tax in Dublin little no wonder Ireland had to be bailed out, this silly man has an ego the size of Lagos, he talks non- stop about poverty in Africa but has not even built a one bed room house in Africa, the so-called range him and his arrogant wife set up to raise money for you guess it the people dying in Africa flopped and its in the red with millions of dollars in teh red, the cheapest item in the range is $190, the other charity he set up Red raised almost $8M but wait for it only $80,000 went to a charity in Malawi, the rest of the money went on administrative costs,my sister pls don't fall for all these so-called celebrities setting up charities in Africa, it's a con because 80% of the money raised pays the salaries of the staff.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 11:26am On Feb 19, 2011
JeSoul & pres-elect

US, UK and Europe only care about their interests in the Middle East and not about human rights abuse, they all talk democarcy when it suits them, they all need to stop supporting dicators.

Mr Double Standards Obama has singled out Iran about the way it treated protesters during the week but absolulely saying nothing about the way Bahrain treated protesters- firing @ them and shooting a minor. Bahrain is an operessive regime, no parliament, no constutution, opposition parties are banned, now its the right time for the US, UK and Europe to distance itself from dictators, despots, tyrants, authoritarian regime and extremists who exploit every loop hole to say in power, I know Bahrain is an American base but that does not mean Obama can't tell them politely that the majority of the people in Bahrain have had enough of the Sunni Royal Family, its time for them to stand down.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by cap28: 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2011
^^^^^

so true thamesmead, im also waiting for the US govt to start clamouring for the people of saudi arabia to rise up against the  Saudi Royal family who head one of the most brutal dictatorships in the middle east.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^

so true thamesmead, im also waiting for the US govt to start clamouring for the people of saudi arabia to rise up against the Saudi Royal family who head one of the most brutal dictatorships in the middle east.

No one dares criticise the monarchy, despite the country bn linked to 9/11 no one is bold enough to stand up to them the king even asked Mr Obama not to humilate Mr Mubarak by asking him to stand down, Saudi has oil reason why every one including Mr O is sulking up to them desite widespead torture chambers, mayb the next generation will make a change.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by preselect(m): 3:51am On Sep 02, 2011
see me see wahala o. trouble de sleep, nyanga go wake am up.

Obama knows he cant fight the GOP yet he went to ask for trouble. he knows the GOP has fixed their debate on wed and yet he went to request a joint congress speech at the same time, feeling like a tough guy that wants a show down. and before i could sneeze the GOP has already pushed his aside giving him the record of being the first president to be so disrespected by the congress in rejecting(even if temporarily) a congressional speech.

this guy really makes me laugh grin

you know you are weak, yet you pick a fight . . . . and loose quickly . . lol grin
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by thameamead(f): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2011
pres-elect:

Obama knows he cant fight the GOP yet he went to ask for trouble. he knows the GOP has fixed their debate on wed and yet he went to request a joint congress speech at the same time, feeling like a tough guy that wants a show down. and before i could sneeze the GOP has already pushed his aside giving him the record of being the first president to be so disrespected by the congress in rejecting(even if temporarily) a congressional speech.

you know you are weak, yet you pick a fight . . . . and loose quickly . . lol grin

Obama is nothing to write home about, he can kick Goodbye to another term in office, he's bn badly advised by whoever is advising him, he's a puppet and a disgrace. Obama is like Jimmy Carter, Obama is bn humilated left, right and centre, President of France did not evn thank the US for helping in Libya, infact Sarkozy said the war in Libya was about Libya bn close to the mediterran and nothing to do with the US. Sarkozy is forever saying all sorts of things about Obama, Obama needs to wake up or else he will lose any respect he's got left.
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by JeSoul(f): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
Who resurrected this thread?  grin thank you cos I needed a good laugh today  grin

pres-elect:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
  Prez zis iz FUNNNAY!!!  grin grin grin grin Abeg make una lef the guy jare  grin  grin grin grin

Obama is in a quandry . . . Wednesday the 7th is the Republican debate . . . they want to move to Thursday the 8th which is the kick-off opener for the NFL - the biggest sport in America  grin grin grin chai! who is advising this man? Why didn't you just pick tuesday or friday to begin with?  grin

If I had to pick between A) Obama or  B)the Republican debate . . . A will be a snoozefest, B will be a circus with some nice clowns. I pick B, at least I will get some good laughs . . . And if I had to pick between A)Obama or B) the NFL of which I am a huge fan btw, no contest whatsoever, I'm watching the NFL (and oh fellow fans come meet me in the sports section smiley https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-170354.0.html)
Re: Obama Is A Weak Chicken by montelik(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2011
pres-elect:

As Sound Sultan sang, people bad oh, people bad oh.

Pres see d way you are laughing at your person in his moment of difficulty.  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Best National Anthem In Africa? / Three Tanzanian Soldiers Killed In The Democratic Republic Of Congo / Namibia Blocks Ship Over Israel War-Crime Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.