Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) (78119 Views)

5th Coronation Anniversary Celebration Of Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi And Naomi Oluwaseyi Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Amalekki: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
Catwalk ke? This Babalawo of Ife sef grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by izubext007: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
Long Live The King
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Mrhonesty: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
IAmStrange:
No matter how many years that falsehood thrives, the
truth will always meet up with it one day.

No matter how many years the people of falsehood
reign, Imes will eventually meet up with them some day
in Shaa Allaah. cheesy

Imes, the end of days, the beginning of New ones..
The one who is not a king or ruler but to whom many
kings and rulers will "bow"... I'm very fascinated by your
personality... telling the world about you alone gives me
joy... cheesy

We await your coming cheesy
This guy again. Na wah for you o. May God have mercy on you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Mrhonesty: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
Freehuman:
MAY IMES COME SOONER THAN HE PLANNED AND PUT AN END TO THIS RUBBISH. ROYALTY HAS BEEN DISGRACED . cry
IMES WE AWAIT YOUR COMING.

Pls, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. No other name given in Heaven and Earth that can save than JESUS. If u die waiting for imes that will never come, sorry.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by bindukwe(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2019
YoungLionken:
What sort of mockery is this.

It is obvious that he's not supposed to be doing this, considering his pedigree.

If you like argue but, the truth remains unchanged...

What exactly is being mocked?

What's his pedigree? And why isn't he supposed to do it?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by bindukwe(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
This boy seems not to know have respect for the throne he is occupying. He is just behaving just like a Yahoo boy. Maximum respect to the oba of Benin, that one na king for Nigeria and the entire world, no be this one wey just dey do anyhow like jaguda

I'm curious,

How is this action disrespectful to the throne?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by skuribeebo: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:
Abuse of the throne.

Imagine the oba of Benin doing this shocked
Eheen... Ewuare N' Ogidigan

AWUAH!!!.
Oba gha to kpere....

Oh benin...my roots.
My Oba,the light of the Edo Empire...
The Home Lion
The King of the Sky...
Obamwan... Tu gha tor....

Ooni... Tu gha Flex soborbor cry
are you refering to the one whose grandfather was thrown to calaber.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by kajo2012: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
Mercedes benz e320 2004 model

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Mrhonesty: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:
Abuse of the throne.

AWUAH!!!.
Oba gha to kpere....

Oh benin...my roots.
The Home Lion
The King of the Sky...

When u wake up is when you begin your day. Ooni has it all and better in AFRICA. No real wise person will rebuke Ooni for this except a bias and fool.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by bindukwe(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
Mrhonesty:

Pls, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. No other name given in Heaven and Earth that can save than JESUS. If u die waiting for imes that will never come, sorry.

You're not allowed to mock someone else's religion.

If you believe in Jesus christ, then he is allowed to believe in ime.

What makes you so sure of your own belief?

Both lack tangible evidence

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Mrhonesty: 7:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
bindukwe:

I'm curious,

How is this action disrespectful to the throne?

They are used to primitive life style. When Benin wake up dem go appreciate Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by childuptojoy(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
IAmStrange:

Imes is the end of days, the beginning of new ones grin When he comes, you will understand better grin
That's selfish nigga
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by ManoelCzar(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lagosfinder:
Royal support for the fashion industry

commendable I must say

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by ejimatic: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
dre11:

https://punchng.com/photos-ooni-of-ife-catwalks-at-fashion-show-in-lagos/
. Kabiyesi should have sat down as a special guest not to be cat walking on a stage like this! A fashion parade could be organised for all obas and emirs in Nigeria to showcase our obas' attires.....Kabiyesi ooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by mechanics(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lolz, he's a trendy man.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
77up:
Pentium 1 in 21century can be fraustrating you know, change your mind set bro.

Kabiesi baba, long live the king!

When you're overwhelmed with sentiment, mention like this is inevitable...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:
Abuse of the throne.

AWUAH!!!.
Oba gha to kpere....

Oh benin...my roots.
The Home Lion
The King of the Sky...

Don't mind those who are trying hard to hide the truth.

Apart from the Oba of Benin, would the Sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Kano and other distinguished Monarchs publicly misbehave like the Onni of Ife, no!

The Onni is just like Naira Marley on that stage...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
SynSol:

I would thought so too, I think there was a time the Ooni didn't sleep outside of his palace.

Times are changing my Man regardless

"times are changing"and I know that right? Dynamism is intertwined with human existence but, somethings should remain untouched...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by CeterisXVII: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
The Ooni of Ife, That king of Iwoland and Oba Elegushi are the only digital kings we have in Nigeria...... The remaining are still using pentium 1 shocked
Which kind of digital king? The guy is just dragging the dignity of his role and throne, into the dust with such displays.

Traditionally, kings are meant to be revered. They are meant to be dignified, and resplendent in their royalty.

What is dignifying about catwalking all over the place? I am disappointed, o jaré.

YoungLionken:
What sort of mockery is this.

It is obvious that he's not supposed to be doing this, considering his pedigree.

If you like argue but, the truth remains unchanged...
Thank you, o jaré. You hit the nail on the head!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by CeterisXVII: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lagbaja01:
Some educated illiterates who read only the headline will soon start jumping into conclusion.

Now read this: In a bid to show the beauty of locally-made fabrics and products , the Ooni of Ife , Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi , took to the runway of the Africa Fashion Week Nigeria to display his locally- made-royal fabrics on Saturday. He urged Nigerians to promote locally-made fabrics and products to boost the nation ’ s tourism industry.

He can promote the local fabrics, without catwalking up and down. What kind of disgraceful act, is that? He is royalty, and not a commoner. shocked

Why can't someone else do the catwalking and advertisement, while he makes a speech, endorsing the local fabric?

This is how desecration of the revered throne and status of monarchs starts, with such unnecessary public displays. 'See finish' and familiarity, go come join am. angry

He should not bring himself and his role, into disrepute. Catwalking, my left foot!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Fidelismaria: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
IAmStrange:

in Shaa Allaah. cheesy

joy... cheesy

Biko

Enlighten me

What's imes?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2019
Sunofgod:
Joblessness...

And you with all your hardworking nobody knows you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by spiralwedge(m): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:
Abuse of the throne.

AWUAH!!!.
Oba gha to kpere....

Oh benin...my roots.
The Home Lion
The King of the Sky...

You better wake up. No be your king do Thanksgiving for church earlier this month?

People like you are living in the caves. Even your monarch shine eyes pass you

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by Shanana1(m): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
crazygod:
This guy is really mocking the crown. Would u see the Queen of England or the Crown prince of Saudi Arabia doing this? I dey go far sef. Would u see the Sultan of Sokoto doing this? angry
Haba! Everybody can't do the same boring thing all the time. Someone has to spice it up a little.. don't be too serious about everything. Have some fun guy.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by spiralwedge(m): 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Which kind of digital king? The guy is just dragging the dignity of his role and throne, into the dust with such displays.

Traditionally, kings are meant to be revered. They are meant to be dignified, and resplendent in their royalty.

What is dignifying about catwalking all over the place? I am disappointed, o jaré.

Thank you, o jaré. You hit the nail on the head!
The dignity of any monarch in this country was surrendered from the time they all submitted their kingdoms to a bigger sovereignty called Nigeria. They are thus ceremonial.

Just to enlighten you, the only job he has as a monarch is to influence his people positively and promote the positive cultures for peaceful cooexistence. And he has perfectly done so by identifying with the trends of this generation and royally merging it with the credibility of his position.

People like you are the ones drawing us back. Perhaps, if you had your way, human sacrifice would persist. Please wake up.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by peteruuu(m): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
IAmStrange:

in Shaa Allaah. cheesy

joy... cheesy

@ the bolded: What does it means?
pls, tell me about it.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by peteruuu(m): 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Mrhonesty:

Pls, what's the imes all about?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by samteebiz3: 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
nwakgr8:
Woah. This is the real oba. Ki ade o Pe Lori. Kaaabiesi o

I hear you!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by samteebiz3: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
spiralwedge:

The dignity of any monarch in this country was surrendered from the time they all submitted their kingdoms to a bigger sovereignty called Nigeria. They are thus ceremonial.

Just to enlighten you, the only job he has as a monarch is to influence his people positively and promote the positive cultures for peaceful cooexistence. And he has perfectly done so by identifying with the trends of this generation and royally merging it with the credibility of his position.

People like you are the ones drawing us back. Perhaps, if you had your way, human sacrifice would persist. Please wake up.

Soon he will publicly dance Alanta, gbese, shakushaku or soapy to the chagrin of all to impress his mumuish admirers all in the name of digitalized monarch. Abeg give me the ancient monarchs who were highly revered and were indeed second after God.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by CeterisXVII: 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
spiralwedge:

Maybe human sacrifice is all you care about, which was why you reached for that handle.

The Oba is supposed to influence his people positively. Good! So why can't he influence them positively in a dignified manner? Must he engage in silly antics like catwalking in order to influence them?

Go and look for the meaning of the word "royalty." And tell me if catwalking on any stage, is part of his royal duties.

After dragging his prestige & dignity on the floor, who does he expect to pick it up for him?

If he does not respect his role, and exposes himself to ridicule, whose fault is it, if his subjects become familiar with him, and treat him like a mediocre character?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi Catwalks At Fashion Show In Lagos (photos) by CeterisXVII: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
samteebiz3:
Soon he will publicly dance Alanta, gbese, shakushaku or soapy to the chagrin of all to impress his mumuish admirers all in the name of digitalized monarch. Abeg give me the ancient monarchs who were highly revered and were indeed second after God.

Thank you, o jaré. Enough of this disco obas. Look at any revered monarchy over the world. They don't engage in such silly frivolities.

Even Meghan that married Prince Harry, had to give up her acting career, after marrying into the royal family. And those are the monarchies that thrive on modernity, o!! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Is Oduduwa Really From? / Shock As Men Steal Meat From Lions / Igbo Chieftaincy Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.