Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids (72697 Views)

Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests / US Police Breaks Car Window, Drags A Black Man Out, Finds Out He's Innocent / US Police Officer On Duty Records Himself Having Sex With Woman In His Office (2) (3) (4)

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Legendguru: 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Originalsly: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
This is a society problem.....after all....Police are from the society. Fire all Police today..... employ new ones tomorrow... nothing will change. What we are seeing is the effects of colonialism.... they came.... made changes to our culture.... they left... and here we are decades and generations later blindly holding on and passing on things that keep us down as a people. The natural hairstyle of a Black man is dreadlocks. Our colonial masters said it is irresponsible.... crew cut /low look is responsible.... whatever is closer to theirs. They have long gone.... but here we are ... all Black... in a Black country....looking down and condemning our own hair style. Is it because we are self haters?...or brainwashed?...or both? The guy is a Police.... in the White man's country.... and is allowed to wear his natural hairstyle.... but here in a Black country.... cannot wear dreadlocks as a normal citizen without being hauled in for questioning? .... and soooo many of us really believe he should not be sporting such a ehmmm..... irresponsible hairstyle?...instead of coming to his defence?
Somebody said it earlier... we are indeed a bunch of pussies.

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by iswallker(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
Thank God they didn't shoot you..
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
Tobimillar1:
I don’t blame some of you here for thinking the way you think. I remember my first time in downtown dallas Texas, na so I see almost all the black dudes and white guys with tattoos. Me wey my mind don Dey programmed from naija that if you have a tattoo then you are a cultist .:: na so I Dey look everybody with double eyes .. I come go Chicago come see women dey get different tattoo, Dey smoke both cigar and Igbo ,na so I just Dey assume say aall of dem be Olôsho. It took a while for me to understand that it’s just normal and that having a tattoo or smoking cigarettes doesn’t make you a criminal or a cultist .. even policemen for here gets plenty tattoo ..
cc iamstrange
Absolutely! Correct! Nigeria is really a shithole. imagine some of the Ignorant comments on here. it's very sad that some Nigerians have this kinda mentality in 2020.

I am glad for you for getting out of that shithole. grin
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
IAmStrange:
Even though having that look and that hair on you shouldn't be enough to label you a criminal, in really sane societies (not societies that people think is sane), you shouldn't be having that look.

Like in the societies Imes has influenced.. grin

First that look in and of itself is irresponsible..

Secondly, it is not appropriate for soneone who stands as being part of a force that curbs people's excesses and irresponsible acts in the society to be having that look.

If you are cleanser, then you yourself should look clean.. If you want to rid a society of corruption, then you should be corrupt free.. you may make mistakes sometimes of which no human is free but generally, you should be corrupt free.

If you want to enjoin good and forbid evil, then people who look at you should see positive examples.

if it were to be in the society influenced by Imes, you will not be having that type of hair and be a policeman. I trust my Imes.. . It will never happen!!!

Imes is the end of days, the days when nonsense like this will be accepted without shame and he is the beginning of new days when nonsense like this will be frowned upon grin

Imes, we await your coming grin
Absolute! bullshiit!! This is a typical Nigerian Mentality.

Some Policemen in the US have tattoos. but in Nigeria having a tattoo makes one Automatically a criminal.

please stay in your ignorant lane. people like you you die in Adamant Ignorance daily. I pity you and your children, if you have any.

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Empiree: 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
what is he complaining about....?! the US police does exactly the same thing, duh!
dont mind him

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by tiger28: 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
IAmStrange:
Even though having that look and that hair on you shouldn't be enough to label you a criminal, in really sane societies (not societies that people think is sane), you shouldn't be having that look.

Like in the societies Imes has influenced.. grin

First that look in and of itself is irresponsible..

Secondly, it is not appropriate for soneone who stands as being part of a force that curbs people's excesses and irresponsible acts in the society to be having that look.

If you are cleanser, then you yourself should look clean.. If you want to rid a society of corruption, then you should be corrupt free.. you may make mistakes sometimes of which no human is free but generally, you should be corrupt free.

If you want to enjoin good and forbid evil, then people who look at you should see positive examples.

if it were to be in the society influenced by Imes, you will not be having that type of hair and be a policeman. I trust my Imes.. . It will never happen!!!

Imes is the end of days, the days when nonsense like this will be accepted without shame and he is the beginning of new days when nonsense like this will be frowned upon grin

Imes, we await your coming grin
See local man thinking!!! REASON we are where we at.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by 9jaRealist: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
what is he complaining about....?! the US police does exactly the same thing, duh!

EXACTLY! BLESS YOU BROS!!

Doesn't make it right...
But rather rich when he works for an institution that invented profiling!

>

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by 9jaRealist: 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
Here is an Assistant Commissioner of Police in Nigeria (Chioma Ajunwa)....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10782282_images93_jpeg_jpega7087b8f78c48e5906d9607ea0752e8d
>
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by GMbuharii: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

Hey son, like I said before GROW UP. When you get older and your eye don clear, you will get that shithole out of your head.

That's the problem with people like you that just left your villages recently, you think the moment you land for Oyinbo land you have to lose all your senses and start calling your fatherland shithole. You are what you are, a product of your environment- SHITHOLE.

Speaking like a gang thug member is not the life you want to live. Again, grow up and grow some balls.

Lzaa immhotep

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lzaa afamed
IpobAntidote right now grin grin

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by LZAA: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lzaa immhotep

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lzaa afamed helinues
So ipobantidote just registered on December 23, 2019 just to be able to recycle sai babaric rhetoric

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by IpobAntidote: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
immhotep:

So ipobantidote just registered on December 23, 2019 just to be able to recycle sai babaric rhetoric

TRASH
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

TRASH
Sai mama grin grin
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by IpobAntidote: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
immhotep:

IpobAntidote right now grin grin

Hey kid, grow up.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by helinues: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
immhotep:

You have lost the little regards I have for you with your comments attached below.

I used to think you are intelligent but I was wrong

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Im confused what the point of all this is.

He knows full well he's the victim of this in the US too and if he denies it,he is lying or in denial.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by willyjacs(m): 2:58am On Dec 26, 2019
healthserve:

Forget it bro. My English and accent is dope. The SARS that tried that shiit with me ended up looking ashamed after some moments of interrogation. I've been stopped by a few agencies even army, I always burst the market, they don't just release me but their entire catch every now and then I'm stopped. I liberate hands down and I make sure I do no pidgin when I speak to law enforcement officers.

And yesh. I dress down. Even as a male

Oh I forgot to mention within few minutes of SARS interrogation I aim for my browser open financial earnings on international site ( withheld), shame covered the SARS dude and unbelief that a young man could make money legit and look clean in the country. Forget. Clean money gives a man guts
Forget the mouth.
When u jam police wey mean u, u go collect.
Ur face go Don swell up before them release u and nothing u fit do.... Even great nd famous men nd celebs de chop beating....
Naija police nor fear ur English o, na luck u get.

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Codes151(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2019
Chai! If Na me, I for ginger them small before I show my id
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by yanabasee(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
healthserve:

Yes that's why the moment one is financially stable, he's automatically assumed to be fraudulent or occultic. Very brilliant of a nation that yearns for growth and improved productivity

You're being contradictory....

You bashed at the foreign police officer who aired his displeasure about how he was treated and wrongly profiled... But easily find reason to condemn the societal norms of the NPF assuming everyone to be fraudulent or occultist, if financially stable.

Secondly, I strongly doubt it, if you have really come in contact with the NPF. You don't have any experience with those guys. I keep huge beards and I keep a lowcut. I've always been stopped by these guys. Even as a civil servant, they will always try to squeeze words from me. Asking me to call my director and telling me to just confess and set my self free or mention people that are into yahoo and they will let me go... I stopped carrying my big phone with me out.... especially when hanging out in the evening.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by enomakos(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
lucky man
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
fieryy:

Bruh! Does that make it right?!

you cant be working for a police force who INVENTED racial profiling, and then come to Nigeria and complain when you yourself fall into that same profiling from the local police force... that would be as stoopid as an armed robber complaining from being robbed.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by BadBradley: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
booblacain:
- A Nigerian man who works as a police officer in the U.S, has spoken out about his experience in Nigeria

- Identified as Olu, he recently came for the holidays and revealed that he has been stopped on several occasions by the police in Lagos

- Olu stated that he was profiled as a criminal due to the fact that he wears braids

The level of police brutality against innocent citizens remains a fundamental issue in the country. Several cases of people being arrested due to their looks or the cars they drive, have caused outrage on social media.

A Nigerian man identified as Olu who works as a police officer in Washington DC in the U.S, recently came down to Nigeria for the holiday. However, Olu revealed on Twitter that within his 4 days in Nigeria, he has been profiled as a criminal by the Nigerian police due to the fact that he wears his hair in braids.

He wrote: "4 days in Nigeria & I have already been profiled as a criminal by the Nigeria police force. They profile people based on looks. Male with dreads, braids and so on. I work for the Washington DC as a police officer and I have braids. Enough of the profiling! @TunjiDisu1 @aleeygiwa"

https://mobile.twitter.com/wearethe2030/status/1209263937939791873
idiot I hypocrite. Most establishments in the US will not employ you based in your braids.

And it's very unusual for black police officers to wear braids in the US.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by tck2000(m): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
When in rome,behave like romans.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Japhet31: 9:07am On Dec 30, 2019
bestabigaelever:
On February I was on my way from ogbomosho to Ilorin to deliver jewelries to a customer, I was on low cut tinted gold, Sars stop my bus, asked me to come because of my hair, after searching, they asked me to go
Since then, I always dress like alhaja to Ilorin, even If I carry drugs since I don dress well, I no go get problem

Lol ... Olorun o ni i sun e de idi oogun oloro o Iwo mode yii ma fi modaku sere Joo n tori olorun.

But seriously.... It's a father's world this Nigeria and the current generation of father's had mostly conservative upbringings.

That's not to say that individuals shouldn't have morals though cos....irinisi ni isonil'ojo

Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) / The Malaysia-Based Nigerian Shot Dead By Gunmen In Aba Was A Cultist (Photos) / Vandalization Of COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse At Mazamaza: LASG Condemns Act