Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids (72702 Views)

Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests / US Police Breaks Car Window, Drags A Black Man Out, Finds Out He's Innocent / US Police Officer On Duty Records Himself Having Sex With Woman In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by BENEAMATA: 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
wagazala:

And you aren't being stereotypical by assuming 80% are mentally unstable. Get in line bro, we all going to see the shrink together. grin

Merry Christmas.
touche cool
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by lagdmark(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
Racoon:
No mind our archaic police-no intelligence gathering again.The real criminals can play the good boys and pass while they will be harassing innocent citizens.
The Nigerian police will only harass, but the US police will shoot
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by NCANCHAIR(m): 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
Who or what is this Imes you're always talking about? Please enlighten me.
IAmStrange:
Even though having that look and that hair on you shouldn't be enough to label you a criminal, in really sane societies (not societies that people think is sane), you shouldn't be having that look.

Like in the societies Imes has influenced.. grin

First that look in and of itself is irresponsible..

Secondly, it is not appropriate for soneone who stands as being part of a force that curbs people's excesses and irresponsible acts in the society to be having that look.

If you are cleanser, then you yourself should look clean.. If you want to rid a society of corruption, then you should be corrupt free.. you may make mistakes sometimes of which no human is free but generally, you should be corrupt free.

If you want to enjoin good and forbid evil, then people who look at you should see positive examples.

if it were to be in the society influenced by Imes, you will not be having that type of hair and be a policeman. I trust my Imes.. . It will never happen!!!

Imes is the end of days, the days when nonsense like this will be accepted without shame and he is the beginning of new days when nonsense like this will be frowned upon grin

Imes, we await your coming grin

1 Like

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by mema900: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
healthserve:
Profiling ke.. More like sick degenerative entities who have pre-emptive and stereotypical expectations and assumptions that if you're clean or not scruffy you're a " thief".

Same stereotypical reasoning permeates into the ordinary citizenry where people come up with all sorts of delusional projections and judge issues/people without careful rationalisations. Needless to give examples, but let me put out a few, you sound intelligent, you're a fraudster just using English to disguise. You dress well as a lady, you're an olosho

U wanton hurried assumptions is now replacing rationalism and critical thinking in the society. Deal with it. Too many in this society are too mentally ill to even know their own conditions and too broke to seek needful help for corrections.

Trust me, over 80% are mentally unstable. If you doubt it, at the close of day observe the frantic lunatic displays in the mad craze displayed... You'll see the sickness in the heart and mind of the society

This one just wrote bunch of disjointed words as a comment. Nah hammatan de do you?
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Bahamas95(m): 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
They are very useless, I always have this feeling of beheading them whenever I come across them

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
Good thing he had his police ID from Washington with him. I'm sure that must've humbled them real quick.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Adakintroy2: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Oga profiling is done everywhenre. In your own country it's "racial".

Aside a cop even in us. Is like to stop and search a guy with braids and tatoos than say a suit wearing guy with low cut.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Udstar(m): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
donstan18:

Wetin this one dey even yarn?

Na pidgin you go start to dey use explain yourself when Sars go catch you.

No be by all these ones you dey type here grin

The Bolded Got Me Lol grin grin
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Adakintroy2: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Oga profiling is done everywhenre. In your own country it may be "racial".

Aside a cop even in us. Is like to stop and search a guy with braids and tatoos than say a suit wearing guy with low cut.

Statistically deviance are likely to occure within this group.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Kobicove(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2019
punisha:
Repeat after me:
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN!!!!

who slapped me?

I did, I slapped you! grin
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
Just carry enough ₦100 notes for wallet. You are safe.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by 12inchess: 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
So American cops don't profile on looks? What is this one even talking about. What is bad is bad. Whether in u. s or in Nigeria.The day a white cop stop you at night in U. S, that's the day you know what they call profiling. Atleast you can cover your hair with face cap when in Nigeria to avoid unnecessary problems. In America we can't cover our skin.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by y3mi(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
cococandy:
the big deal is that everyone should be outraged and speak up against it.
They will rather prefer to keep cowering in the face of oppressive policing only to come online and confirm that cowardice with respond that can only come from an untermensch reasoning:

"this is our standard, there standard in usa is different"
You imbeciles might as well say your friendly neighborhood AK-47 protecting totting npf should customized their foreign bought handcuffs to meet their corrupted standard of policing and law enforcement!

The people here have been so used to abnormalcy that they have long forgotten what it is 'normal' means, not to talk of the current generation of youths who are born into this state of normalized chaotic existence, several of them have responded here irrationally, an example is the one below:

ndcide:
The police (NPF) are doing their jobs. You dress like a criminal, you will attract attention. Washington police, is not the standard for police operations globally. In fact, policing is local.
Since your wisdom-filled statement implies criminals generally ensure their mode of dressing stands out whenever they blend in with the rest of the citizenry, would you mind to enlighten us as to be able to tell how a criminal dress, while you're on that you also said:

Dress the way, you want to be addressed
But, does the mode of dressing of the following criminals, psychopath and serial rapists/muderers fit the stereotypical criminal dress style?

Stephen Akinmurele the serial killer?
Chukwudi Evans the billionaire kidnapper
Gracious Tom West the serial rappist/murderer ?

Do you think they dress mean, tough and crazy when they perpetrate their evil? Hair braided, tattoo all over, pierced nose, putting on brass knuckle and broken bottle hanging down their neck with a knife dangling besides their waist and a pistol flashing out at the side their waist ?

With these said, I hope you and those like you realize the fault in your reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Agugbadin: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
Don't be surprised you visited a a country where the level of ignorance is overwhelmingly high, do you know that FRSC prosecute drivers for using Google maps to drive in this country. Whereas in the developed nations it is used to find one's direction and bearing with ease.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Westernlove: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
I Insist and I'm still Insisting, The greatest regret of a Sane human being Is finding his/herself In Nigeria as a Poor human being. Except for the Almajiris &The Gullibles who doesn't know what Life entails. They don't care even If they are Wretched. If you are wealthy or rich, You won't feel the Heat, Probably might not even feel the heat at all. Except for the Evil and Deception going on between the elites, wealthy and the rich.....That where you will have to fight your battles. But for Social Infrastructures, You won't have to worry about almost anything. But for an Average & Poor Family. They are In for a long Ride.

3 Likes

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Litmus: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hatred for Nigeria blinds people. I love the comment by twitter handle @salfem who stated, patronisingly, “Washington DC is not Nigeria bro. Trying to force the same standard on both climes will only end in tears’”

I say patronisingly because I believe the comment was a sniffy way of deriding Nigeria and elevating America. I say, “Hatred of Nigeria blinds people” because the twitter handle did not see that American police routinely murder African Americans and minorities. Therefore, what DC standards?
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Westernlove: 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
espn:
This is not profiling ooo...don't get it wrong...it is illiteracy...and unprofessional conduct by some stack illiterates presiding over the security force nation...

2 Likes

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by InvertedHammer: 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
/
I guess he didn't hear of the "Stop and Search" profiling in New York that was too racially motivated that the mayor had to step in to stop it.

Then coming from Washington D.C (home to some of the worst ghettoes in US), he should know better.

What will the Police in Saudi Arabia do to him dressed like that? There are travel warnings to different countries for Americans aimed at keeping them away from local troubles. Dreads and tattoos (whether right or wrong is out of the question) should have been included for intended travelers to Nigeria just as unmarried couples to Saudi are forewarned.

\
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
As much as I hate to say this. Nigeria shouldn't be compared to America or anywhere for that matter. If you want to, compare in all aspects. Why haven't you guys fought for gay marriage, why haven't you fought for checking ids at the bar, why haven't you fought for divorce bills?? In Scotland men wear skirt, in Saudi men wear scarfs. Why haven't you fought for all that?? Police brutality is everywhere. The America that is a land of the saints today, have u heard of Diallo? Have u watched straight outta Compton? Where did the phrase "police brutality" originate from. The problem with Nigeria is that we are the only ones in the world who wash our dirty linen in public, we are the only children who tell our friends that our mothers don't know how to cook. That's why even Ghana now dey get mouth talk to Nigerians anyhow. Keep fooling yourselves. Don't work on your country. Keep running away. If you like run to the end of the world, you're a Nigerian and if we don't work together in silence to make it a better place, you'd still be profiled with the Nigerian story. Other countries are not better, but u don't see them running their mouths on social media insulting their country o. If dem call for revolution now, nobody go come. But if na coza you nitwits will go and protest at the church. Tomorrow the same you will come online to say rubbish
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
Agugbadin:
Don't be surprised you visited a a country where the level of ignorance is overwhelmingly high, do you know that FRSC prosecute drivers for using Google maps to drive in this country. Whereas in the developed nations it is used to find one's direction and bearing with ease.

Mr it is wrong to use Google maps while driving. In any country of the world. Even your cars gps systems always warns to keep ur eyes on the road and not watch the maps while driving. Which developed nations approved using mobile devices while driving? Don't just say rubbish because you want to beride Nigeria
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Alozie1701: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
That is one of the feature of a third world country
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5176323/us-police-breaks-car-window

https://www.nairaland.com/4679163/us-police-officer-duty-records

If na Nigeria now you'd start hearing nonsense like this kind of thing can never happen in developed countries, endsars, etc etc

I HAVE NEVER BEEN HARASSED BY A POLICEMAN ON THE ROAD. You go out there dressing like a criminal, acting suspicious and when they confront you, you'd start being rude then when they slap u you'd come here crying endsars.
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by blowjohn(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
IAmStrange:
Even though having that look and that hair on you shouldn't be enough to label you a criminal, in really sane societies (not societies that people think is sane), you shouldn't be having that look.

Like in the societies Imes has influenced.. grin

First that look in and of itself is irresponsible..

Secondly, it is not appropriate for soneone who stands as being part of a force that curbs people's excesses and irresponsible acts in the society to be having that look.

If you are cleanser, then you yourself should look clean.. If you want to rid a society of corruption, then you should be corrupt free.. you may make mistakes sometimes of which no human is free but generally, you should be corrupt free.

If you want to enjoin good and forbid evil, then people who look at you should see positive examples.

if it were to be in the society influenced by Imes, you will not be having that type of hair and be a policeman. I trust my Imes.. . It will never happen!!!

Imes is the end of days, the days when nonsense like this will be accepted without shame and he is the beginning of new days when nonsense like this will be frowned upon grin

Imes, we await your coming grin

Pls what is this imes?
av been seeing it on nairaland for some weeks now.
Is it a religious movement or what?

2 Likes

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Staro: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sad
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by ndcide(m): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
y3mi:
They will rather prefer to keep cowering in the face of oppressive policing only to come online and confirm that cowardice with respond that can only come from an untermensch reasoning:

"this is our standard, there standard in usa is different"
You imbeciles might as well say your friendly neighborhood AK-47 protecting totting npf should customized their foreign bought handcuffs to meet their corrupted standard of policing and law enforcement!

The people here have been so used to abnormalcy that they have long forgotten what it is 'normal' means, not to talk of the current generation of youths who are born into this state of normalized chaotic existence, several of them have responded here irrationally, an example is the one below:

Since your wisdom-filled statement implies criminals generally ensure their mode of dressing stands out whenever they blend in with the rest of the citizenry, would you mind to enlighten us as to be able to tell how a criminal dress, while you're on that you also said:

But, does the mode of dressing of the following criminals, psychopath and serial rapists/muderers fit the stereotypical criminal dress style?

Stephen Akinmurele the serial killer?
Chukwudi Evans the billionaire kidnapper
Gracious Tom West the serial rappist/murderer ?

Do you think they dress mean, tough and crazy when they perpetrate their evil? Hair braided, tattoo all over, pierced nose, putting on brass knuckle and broken bottle hanging down their neck with a knife dangling besides their waist and a pistol flashing out at the side their waist ?

With these said, I hope you and those like you realize the fault in your reasoning.

Please we owe the society some level of sanity. Let's not make the stupid dressing a norm
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Obec70(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
What SARS that's looks like hooligans? They put on earrings, necklace unkempt hairs & bear bear like Osama binladi, infact one can mistakenly brand them cultists cos of their appearances
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Obec70(m): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
What of SARS? that's looks like hooligans? They put on earrings, necklace unkempt hairs & bear bear like Osama binladi, infact one can mistakenly brand them cultists cos of their appearances
Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by Triangles1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
what is he complaining about....?! the US police does exactly the same thing, duh!

Don't mind them they take America as a saint land, Obma administration dt gives blac& power to move freely who are you to say sht there. No doubt we have some incompetent officers does not mean they are all the same, after all you went back to America without been rob or kidnap shows that our security are intact, if you want win NG PO heart humble yourself when you see them, forget about your qualifications and wealth.

1 Like

Re: US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids by luluosas(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
This is Nigeria, a sane clime, not America that is infested with satanic vices and manipulations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Accused Of Releasing Sextape Of Zanele Sifuba / Indonesia Execution: Titus Igweh Begged To See His Wife And Kids (photos) / The Malaysia-Based Nigerian Shot Dead By Gunmen In Aba Was A Cultist (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.