Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage (2321 Views)

“Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by chinjo(m): 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
A new minimum wage is something that every worker usually look forward to. When the new minimum wage was signed by the president, we were all filled with joy and gladness. However, the minister of Labour Chief Ngige came out to say it was rather a consequential adjustment and not increment. Whatever that meant, I was prepared to wait until my salary is paid. True to its promise, the FG has finally paid me the new minimum wage. For a level 9 step 5 officer, the FG has added 8k to my salary. This is the Change government people clamoured for. My colleagues who are APC staunch supporters, have been seen speaking in low key since we got our salaries.

3 Likes

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by chinjo(m): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations to all APC supporters who also got the new minimum wage. May God restore your senses back Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by 360degreess(m): 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
That's wonderful.. Oya wailers over to you..

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by ghettokid1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
chinjo:
A new minimum wage is something that every worker usually look forward to. When the new minimum wage was signed by the president, we were all filled with joy and gladness. However, the minister of Labour Chief Ngige came out to say it was rather a consequential adjustment and not increment. Whatever that meant, I was prepared to wait until my salary is paid. True to its promise, the FG has finally paid me the new minimum wage. For a level 9 step 5 officer, the FG has added 8k to my salary. This is the Change government people clamoured for. My colleagues who are APC staunch supporters, have been seen speaking in low key since we got our salaries.
Only the wise will understand you

8 Likes

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by ghettokid1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
360degreess:
That's wonderful.. Oya wailers over to you..
U no even read the post they comment.

4 Likes

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by gloriaunobi(f): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
What I will tell my children about Buhari regime is much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by DECENCY3: 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2019
They only added 2k despite all the bruhaha
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by PINES: 12:20am On Dec 25, 2019
FG didn't pay the arrears Kopas who were in service in April through the end nko? Will they recieve it too?? I mean the arrears if they paid..
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by Birniwa(m): 1:00am On Dec 25, 2019
I don't know what people are talking about here but FG didn't add a single Kobo to my just received salary.

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by RubiesBanking: 3:54am On Dec 25, 2019
With the rise in inflation of general food items, what will 8k do? schools increasing fees, landlords raising up rent, fuel subsidy is probably going to be removed by next year, paying tax from different angles.
Sometimes it's better to just keep mute because if you talk about Nigeria problems and the suffering associated with it, you can go on talking from now till tomorrow.
God help us

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 25, 2019
chinjo:
Good one!
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by sinkhole: 6:07am On Dec 25, 2019
chinjo:
this guy na Mr. Beans grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by 9jii(m): 6:17am On Dec 25, 2019
DECENCY3:
They only added 2k despite all the bruhaha
Na so bad luck de 4 some people life everyone de 10k above u com get 2.

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by telkevog(m): 6:26am On Dec 25, 2019
ghettokid1:

U no even read the post they comment.
Even if he reads, his type cannot comprehend. What do they know? The said minimum whatever is the highest form of 419 against Nigerian workers after all the gragra.

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by sparog(m): 6:46am On Dec 25, 2019
This NLC folks are gullible I swear. They should have just left the minimum wage the way it was. Now how do you tell your landlord or the market woman who has increased the price of their goods and service because of increase in minimum wage that you only got 8k increment?

Now the suffering continues cry

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by rusher14: 6:58am On Dec 25, 2019
sparog:
This NLC folks are gullible I swear. They should have just left the minimum wage the way it was. Now how do you tell your landlord or the market woman who has increased the price of their goods and service because of increase in minimum wage that you only got 8k increment?

Your salary was always low.

From 50k to 58k.

How much would have made you comfortable?

Your salary is low because your GDP per capita is low.

Annually, the average Nigerian generates only 2 thousand dollars into the economy.

Yet you want to live like one generating 30k dollars.
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by Adekdammy: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2019
sparog:

Do we have nlc or appendages of the fg
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by sparog(m): 7:08am On Dec 25, 2019
rusher14:

Your salary was always low.

From 50k to 58k.

How much would have made you comfortable?

Your salary is low because your GDP per capita is low.

Annually, the average Nigerian generates only 2 thousand dollars into the economy.

Yet you want to live like one generating 30k dollars.

I wasn't referring to myself. I was talking about the Op's statement....
I really wanted to say something crazy to you but I decided against it...
I wonder how much our legislators generate into the economy

1 Like

Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by sparog(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2019
Adekdammy:

Do we have nlc or appendages of the fg

grin
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by rusher14: 7:14am On Dec 25, 2019
sparog:

I wasn't referring to myself. I was talking about the Op's statement....
I really wanted to say something crazy to you but I decided against it...
I wonder how much our legislators generate into the economy

If it becomes a vexatious issue for Nigerians they can challenge it democratically.

Not that every 4 years they go out in the sun and rain to vote someone they know would simply be grabbing for everything he can.

Besides, there's only of 108 of them.

I doubt it is their income that makes the 150 million others generate 2000 dollars annually.
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by sparog(m): 7:48am On Dec 25, 2019
rusher14:

If it becomes a vexatious issue for Nigerians they can challenge it democratically.

Not that every 4 years they go out in the sun and rain to vote someone they know would simply be grabbing for everything he can.

Besides, there's only of 108 of them.

I doubt it is their income that makes the 150 million others generate 2000 dollars annually.

It seems you're not living in Nigeria. The govt said it doesn't have money to pay the minimum wage effectively... A huge percentage of the yearly budget goes to the NASS.

This is not a case of GDP at all, it's a case of the political elite earning outrageous sums and leaving breadcrumbs for the workers to share

Can you imagine they are even trying to renovate a building which was built for $7million with 37billion Naira but they can't afford 30k minimum wage and you're telling me it's a case of GDP
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by rusher14: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2019
sparog:

It seems you're not living in Nigeria. The govt said it doesn't have money to pay the minimum wage effectively... A huge percentage of the yearly budget goes to the NASS.

This is not a case of GDP at all, it's a case of the political elite earning outrageous sums and leaving breadcrumbs for the workers to share

Can you imagine they are even trying to renovate a building which was built for $7million with 37billion Naira but they can't afford 30k minimum wage and you're telling me it's a case of GDP

It is a matter of GDP.

By the way stop calling it 30k minimum wage.

There are millions of workers.

There are millions of workers that earn monthly.

There are millions s of workers that earn monthly and earn above 30k monthly.

Do the math.

2.8 million civil servants multiplied by over 30k monthly.
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by DECENCY3: 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
9jii:

Na so bad luck de 4 some people life everyone de 10k above u com get 2.

It suppose to be like that but almost everyone in my establishment is paid btw 2-5k.

IPPIS wahala
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by PINES: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
PINES:
FG didn't pay the arrears Kopas who were in service in April through the end nko? Will they recieve it too?? I mean the arrears if they paid..

Abeg some1 should answer this question.
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by wwwihy: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Additional wage without increase in productivity is not good for the economy
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by chinjo(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
wwwihy:
Additional wage without increase in productivity is not good for the economy
What measures have the government put in place to measure productivity?
Re: Fg Finally Pays New Minimum Wage by iluvdonjazzy: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
And when they removed the increased tax January next year, the money become useless again.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19! This Is How Bad FG Rice Palliative Is, Shared At Dutse In Abuja(video) / The Idiocy Of Writing Nigeria Off Because Of The CURRENT Administration / Killing Of Northerners: South Has No Monopoly Of Violence - Gov. Matawalle Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.