Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Sowore's Detention And Release: What Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore's Detention And Release: What Next? (251 Views)

Abaribe To Wike: Go Ahead And Release Another Album, An Igbo Man Is No Slave / Reno Omokri: Jonathan’s Reaction To Sowore’s Detention By Buhari Government / Protest Rocks UN Offices Over Omoyele Sowore's Detention (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore's Detention And Release: What Next? by EmekaMD(m): 3:04am On Dec 25, 2019
You see.. life has a way of aligning the stars.
Sometimes it come with travails, and other times it come with persecutions. But guess what ?it is only the tests of fire that makes a fine steel.

Sowore's incarcerations and eventual release. What's in next?

The almost 3 decades I've spent in this world has taught me that all publicity is a good publicity. But it seems Buhari in his almost 80 years of living didn't learn any part of these. He never learns anything anyway

Nnamdi Kanu started his Biafran struggle before 2015. Many people didn't know about him. Some of us who knew about IPOB before 2015 took them with a pinch of salt. We didn't give them any relevance just like we didn't care much about Uwazurike's Massob. Infact people like me regarded massob as group of miscreants and never do wells.
But guess what the arrest and incarceration of Kanu did for him and IPOB? He became arguably the most powerful figure in the SE (and part of SS) and the most popular figure in the whole of Nigeria althrough 2016 and beyond.

Sowore's arrest came with a lot of his own people, especially here on Nairaland denying him, calling him Ijaw and not Yoruba. I've never learnt this until his arrest.

Now that he's been released, i hope he becomes a Yoruba again. I hope he joins forces with the right people. I hope the walls of the prisons have made him more courageous.

Sowore we are with you on this.
Do not stop. Join forces with whoever believes in checking the excesses of the Fascist in Aso villa.

Welcome to becoming the man of 2020, welcome to becoming a hero of democracy.

You may not achieve the Eldorado that we seek, but posterity would remember that you tried.

Jisike!!

Aluta continua...

Re: Sowore's Detention And Release: What Next? by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 25, 2019
Your last statement is next...aluta continua. Our leaders don't deserve to be treated with kid gloves. The future of Nigeria is in the hands of today's youths. Dem no get liver . See the way garba shehu,Malami and adesina were confused
coming out with in coherent statements and that's what happens when you box somebody holding your fortune to a corner.

The day we all agree we own tomorror and not the leaders who are overdue their retirement, Nigeria would get sense...we are not there yet. But somebody must commence the struggle. This is just the beginning.
Re: Sowore's Detention And Release: What Next? by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 25, 2019
What's next is that he'll travel to America, he now sees that he has little support even from his own people and Buhari doesn't plan on killing him so he can't even be a hero.

A vacation is better
Re: Sowore's Detention And Release: What Next? by helinues: 7:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Sowore himself is aware how watery the Prisons beans are

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Achievements And The Poor Image Gap / Nigeria Must Be Reset - Pastor Tunde Bakare Declares / Kwara Govt Connects Rural Communities To National Grid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.