Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken (54682 Views)

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Pastor Ejike Nwachukwu Rejects SUV And ₦4million From Suspected Fraudsters / TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by nkemdi89(f): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
Maybe she is not comfortable with you training chicken in the compound and probably sees it as a way of you bribing them so that you can rear another chicken next year.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by skillip(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,
My chicken had grown to an enormous size because I fed them well.

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Fast forward to the afternoon, I suspected.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

At least she should have thrown it elsewhere not the general dustbin

The chicken that I would have sold for #7000 and make money from it.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

Ooh, I am so angry right now.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

If I knew I would have sold it and take my girl out this Christmas,
. I think you should approach her and ask why she did that, make her see reason why it would have been better if it had been given to someone else in need, that will also appreciate it. Then your conscinece/anger would have eased out.

5 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by ThinkSmarter: 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
Confront her, and tell her sins to her face. she is an enemy in disguise

3 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by hannysur8(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
A
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by BarrSly: 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
A
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by donaldde2: 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
Just walk to the person to let what he/she did is not good. Then the person conscious will judge him and they won’t make u feel greedy when next. Note: don’t go there to be mean, be diplomatic

2 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
are people crazy here in this forum

see stupid comments

how can someone throw a gift in the dustbin, that is rude and pure wickedness

pls avoid that woman by all means, do not greet or talk to any of her family

avoid her family, even if you see them dying, do not help them.

throwing a gift in the dustbin is pure wickedness, she doesnt mean good to you. she hate you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Jonas11:
Christmas culture is dying in Nigeria
Not for the part of the country I came from

8 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Risingblue008(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Bro,I feel ur pain,time shall come when dt ur neighbor will look for fish he/she will nt see to cook,he/she will beg bt no avail cos he/she can kill u,I swear,jealousy and greed,na dem help u train d chicken?
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by lmm4real: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
undecided
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by sonofElElyon: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Let her be and move on. She probably thought it may have been "jazzed". Next time, give only those who absolutely need it

Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

2 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Evangkatsoulis: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Not everyone celebrates xmas, birthdays and all.
My boss would accept a birthday/xmas food/gift but give it out to someone who celebrates such things.
In order not to burn bridges

3 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LordAzubuike(f): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
This is very common. Some of them you'll give them food, instead of them to kindly reject it, they'll collect it and throw it away later. It usually make the giver feel so bad and rejected. It's so pathetic.

But i feel they might think rejecting it outrightly is rude so they'll prefer collecting it and throwing it away. It doesnt make sense all the same
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Fanatical(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Is she a Jehovah witness member?

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2019
When people give me gifts I don't need, I always give it out, throw it away or even sell it out. You want to confront her for what? What she did is wrong, but it's no use confronting her. Next time, don't give her anything.

4 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by nairalee(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2019
I smell lies.

Small poultry big enough to sell and remain enough to SHARE for neighbors

7000 chicken. How much is small goat?

I don't know what I'm seeing o. But it smells like lies

5 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by tchidi066(f): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2019
Na wa o, she is a callous person... Why not give it out if you know you don't want the gift, there are so many people out there who need such, if i were op i'll take offense angry angry angry
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Injera(f): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:

If she's afraid why didn't she reject the gift... After all the poultry is in the compound... What will she think i did to the chicken.. it's a normal chicken that I fed with my hard earned money. She knows it too.
Action speaks louder.
Be careful not all that say hi are your friends.
God made you know what she thinks of you. Adjust accordingly.
I have question to ask you.
As she ever give you anything
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Haywhymido(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Reject it if you dont want it or give to someone else that needs it.
some people are so cruel and bad that they dont knw the act of kindness when they come across it.

5 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Asquare84(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

Please confront her it a bad way of reciprocating one good intentions if let say it a cook meat it something different but to say a life chicken killed and thrown in a dust bin when alot don't don't have to eat

2 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by AnimationsVilla: 11:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Don't give anyone Christmas gifts again. She might be afraid that you want to use her for rituals and i don't blame her. Yahoo boys caused it.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by chigoizie7(m): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Confront her.

When next you see her and she greets you, accept the greetings and go like this.

Amaka:- neighbor good evening.

You:- good evening ooh. I saw what you did to the chicken, thank you ooh.

Do not say anything else.

Let her know that you knew what she did.

Do not cause quarrel with her.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by reservd(m): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Atleast it's life chicken not cooked, what's the fear for? if I'm given something I don't need or want, I will accept cos some pple will take offence if you reject their gift, but will instead bless someone with it, that I know definitely needs it
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by kwaso2: 11:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Hmmmm. Terrible.

That's why some neighbors don't give to their neighbors.
I will continue to share, give and spread happiness. Its more better to give, esp during Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by nanauju(f): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2019
I don't understand you o. You carry chicken and be sharing to neighbors. As what kwanu.. Father Christmas of the house No wonder she threw it out. You don't know when to draw boundaries. No need sharing chicken you sell to neighbors. The most you could have done is to sell at a lower rate to them. People no longer appreciate good gestures.

9 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by safarigirl(f): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Take the dead chicken and place it at her door in the middle of the night. She can wake up to it in the morning and fear the worst.

OR

Ask her nicely why she would do such a thing to your gift, anyhow she answers, bear in mind that she is the bitter witch in this conversation and anything she says is a reflection of her person; it has nothing to do with you. You are not to blame for anyone's poor upbringing.

OR

Ignore her, but take note for next time. Not everyone should be treated with the same kindness.

I would advise Option 2 strongly

8 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by kudinkarfe: 11:11am On Dec 25, 2019
embarassed
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by dominique(f): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2019
When our Nollywood movies are filled with jazz and how people use food to cause harm to others. Our religious leaders are not helping matters either, people have been led to believe that enemies are everywhere. Now a simple selfless gesture is being interpreted to be evil.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Asquare84(m): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2019
nairalee:
I smell lies.

Small poultry big enough to sell and remain enough to SHARE for neighbors

7000 chicken. How much is small goat?

I don't know what I'm seeing o. But it smells like lies

Are you o.k

3 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LordAzubuike(f): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
When people give me gifts I don't need, I always give it out, throw it away or even sell it out. You want to confront her for what? What she did is wrong, but it's no use confronting her. Next time, don't give her anything.
You're just insane for having the thought of throwing a gift away. Thats someone's sweat. Next time if you don't want, return it. I will hapilly collect my property back and give it to someone who needs it

11 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2019
A lot of neighbors throw gifts especially cooked food away.

It is just bad taste to throw it away where the person would see it.

She should have made better efforts at disposing it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wale Gates Post: Women, Bible, Husbands, Maids, SideChick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.