Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken (54687 Views)

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Pastor Ejike Nwachukwu Rejects SUV And ₦4million From Suspected Fraudsters / TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by nairalee(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
awoo47:
i sold a male turkey for 18k, no lies. nd I'm sure d sellers will sell fr 25k

How much is full he-goat? The one with stubborn horn?
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by xcabczyxabczzzz: 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
PointZerom:
The moment you gave out the chicken it is no longer yours and the new owner (your neighbor) has every right to do whatever he wants with the chicken.

He may be a babalawo and has decided to sacrifice the animal to the gods.
Fvck off with your crappy mindset.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
executive12:

You need to work on your Igbo. I developed headache trying to figure out what you were really saying in Igbo.

Ewo! Sorry. Na typo.
I meant "okwa ndu ka ona eze"
Ndu not ndi.
I can imagine the headache. No vex Abeg. Biko, iwe gi adina oku.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Goalnaldo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
To each his own. For me sha if you reject my gift outrightly, I may never gift you anything again. The woman bleeped up sha, she should have disposed it where he will never see it. There was a time my choir master gifted me a white shoe. There was no way in the world by legs will fit in cause I have small legs but I still accepted it and thanked very much. Life Na sense.

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by awoo47: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
awoo47:
i sold a male turkey for 18k, no lies. nd I'm sure d sellers will sell fr 25k
i don't knw undecided but dats. d amnt i sold it. 15k fr female
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by RaptorX: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
flemblem:
Someone should plz help me out, this is becoming a boring day for me, just got back from church with nothing to feast on; but I still believe things can change before dawn ; help me with any amount to get a good meal today... nothing is too small...plz put a smile on this face. God bless us all.2094726813 uba
What if people think you and the other people dropping their account number are trying to charm them like this lady thought. I am sure there are people thinking like that on this forum,
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by berbs: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Well, it's possible the chicken died overnight and they had to throw it away instead of eating a dead chicken.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by biolite(m): 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Bringout the chicken from the dustbin and place infront of her apartment in a neatly mode,then see her reaction and advise her that next time you know better now.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by fireback: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
Erediauwa:
Though it might seem painful, but remove your mind from it.

A Great fool is always Ungrateful... She'll definitely answer her creator.
we will all answer our creator oneday. As for the giver, take heart it's normal thisdays to reject gift from people, even people you know, you will still be contemplating whether or not to collect that gift from them. Next time learn to keep your xmas gift to yourself. If you must give, give to only those who ask for it.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Munzy14(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,
My chicken had grown to an enormous size because I fed them well.

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Fast forward to the afternoon, I suspected.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

At least she should have thrown it elsewhere not the general dustbin

The chicken that I would have sold for #7000 and make money from it.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

Ooh, I am so angry right now.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

If I knew I would have sold it and take my girl out this Christmas,
It's a lesson, next time raise your birds and sell, Nobody cares.
if u want to do neighbors, give discount to anyone one of them who patronized u. Don't asslick neighbors, u will lose at the end.

And lastly, when u've given something out u have ni business with whatsoever the person does with it.

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by naijaschoolguru(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
ifeoluwa21:

Send your account number lemme do Xmas for you
That's good of you, nice ges. May God bless you in multifold and doubleford. Abeg send am for the guy ooo. If not I go reverse my prayers oo grin
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by iso604: 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,
My chicken had grown to an enormous size because I fed them well.

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Fast forward to the afternoon, I suspected.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

At least she should have thrown it elsewhere not the general dustbin

The chicken that I would have sold for #7000 and make money from it.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

Ooh, I am so angry right now.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

If I knew I would have sold it and take my girl out this Christmas,

Na 7 k you wan use take your girl out?

How much be vanilla ice cream cup xxL ?
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by mechanics(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
Na story.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Retrography(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
Erediauwa:
Though it might seem painful, but remove your mind from it.

A Great fool is always Ungrateful... She'll definitely answer her creator.

Erigga.... That guy's punchline is really dope!
Nice one bro.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by blowjohn(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I don't know if this is the right place to complain. I need advice on what to do.

I wanted to ask her

Oga. If u give me chicken or food I wont eat. Either I throw it away or give to another person. But I'll most likely throw it away.
Many people will do the same.
And I don't visit people too so I don't have to be offered food or drinks.
Many people don't too.
U have given. That should be it.
What the receiver does with it ain't ur business.
She has her reasons. It could be she doesn't trust people or something else.
But don't go about trying to confront her.

Now, diverting a lil, From my experience, people that eat anything they receive are people that can't do without going to ceremonies and parties and stuff.

Next time do ur xmas alone or give to ur family members or better still give cash.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by TissuePaper: 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
No let me fvck you o. Abi, you go gree make I take you out with mere 7k? undecided
this is d most stupid comment i've seen on this forum all year, congrats u just won nairalands most stupid person award

2 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LordAzubuike(f): 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
RaptorX:
What would she think you would have done to a live chicken. I can understand cooked food but a bloody live chicken.
It's just our mentality, nollywood didn't help matters too.. if it was your pastor that gave it to you, I'm sure you must have accepted it without hesitation because you feel your pastor can't do you any harm.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

Very childish comment grin

it is childish for a child grin
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2019
edoairways:

There is no point hating or disassociating from them rather maintain a limit

we may disagree in opinion but i believe in disassociating.

so if i gave her bag of rice, she go throw am away
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by kasimseun(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
Is better she should have let the chinken go or just leave it on the street for someone who really need it..
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by ogbuefi677(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
koxi:

My guy, whatever you do, don’t confront her...
I know it’s not easy, but try to let it slide. At least, now you know her true character. I’d rather you continue like nothing happened and keep up with your kindness BUT mind what you do and/or say around her cos she’s clearly not on the same page as you.
Happy holidays
He should ask,but politely,so he'll learn from it.
I'm curious too.
Is it cos of fear of diabolism or cultural issue abi d chicken was a disturbance as some ppl here suggested?
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Juliearth(f): 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
nonny400:

I've done such before o. Many years ago when I was still with my family, this woman that doesn't respond to greetings from any of us in the compound was always in the habit of bringing biscuits and food whenever she returns from a journey, or during Xmas. Everything always ended up in the dustbin.

You can't ignore greetings and scorn people, then offer us something to eat. Geddifork!

I'm not saying OP is bad o, I'm just saying sometimes it's the fear of your intentions that pushes people to do such.

OP please retrieve that chicken and do something to it.

Your case is quite justifiable, although it could have been better if you devised a means of telling her her gifts are not welcomed. In my case, the family and mine were cordial. Infact, when the dad suffered a cardiac arrest, it was my dad that they ran to.

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by naijaschoolguru(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
lilwetdick:

it is childish for a child grin
Well it might make sense to you, it all depends on your level of maturity grin
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LordAzubuike(f): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
blowjohn:

Oga. If u give me chicken or food I wont eat. Either I throw it away or give to another person. But I'll most likely throw it away.
Many people will do the same.
And I don't visit people too so I don't have to be offered food or drinks.
Many people don't too.
U have given. That should be it.
What the receiver does with it ain't ur business.
She has her reasons. It could be she doesn't trust people or something else.
But don't go about trying to confront her.

Now, diverting a lil, From my experience, people that eat anything they receive are people that can't do without going to ceremonies and parties and stuff.

Next time do ur xmas alone or give to ur family members or better still give cash.
Lol you can't collect food but you can collect cash,,? All these religiously superstitious people tho. Well I can't blame you. Religion is all about having enemy here and there. Thats how these pastors wire your brains. Every unusually nice person is supposedly evil. With time, Nigerians'll be wise.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by fireback: 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2019
Apus:

There are levels to this fear na... live chicken for that matter! Such person is even capable of hurting another.
imagine she should have even free the chicken alive, may be she would have lied that the chicken escape from her.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by flyingdutchman(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
Theres one small K-leg: what were you doing rummaging through the bin? Your case is dead on arrival!
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by dederocs(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sell your chickens, only give to the needy...some people see it as an insult when you indulge them like that.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by xreal: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
It's better to reject the gift than to destroy it.

Eye don open. Gone are the days when families collect food from neighbors of opposite religion and give to dogs.
These days we even collect extra plate from them and so do they from us at every religious yuletide.

We look forward to every Sallah and Christmas.

However, some are devilish by nature.
Killing the chicken and throwing it into the refuse just like that is devilish.

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Apus: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
fireback:
imagine she should have even free the chicken alive, may be she would have lied that the chicken escape from her.

Lol!....I just tire ooo!!! She is simply a wicked soul.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by blowjohn(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
LordAzubuike:

Lol you can't collect food but you can collect cash,,? All these religiously superstitious people tho. Well I can't blame you. Religion is all about having enemy here and there. Thats how these pastors wire your brains. Every unusually nice person is supposedly evil. With time, Nigerians'll be wise.

The cash is still not gonna be used by the receiver but it can be put into charitable causes.
Its different from food especially if its cooked.
By the way, u seem to underestimate how evil the world is
U think people like dangote drink even the water they are offered at ceremonies?
It's not about superstition cos if it was, one wouldn't even collect the cash gifts.
People like us have been brought up not to ever be jealous or eye another persons property.
Not even to be attracted by the sweet aroma of food or drink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wale Gates Post: Women, Bible, Husbands, Maids, SideChick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.