Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken (54694 Views)

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Pastor Ejike Nwachukwu Rejects SUV And ₦4million From Suspected Fraudsters / TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
Why would you think it wise to give someone a live chicken?
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by mastermaestro(m): 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
nairalee:
I smell lies.

Small poultry big enough to sell and remain enough to SHARE for neighbors

7000 chicken. How much is small goat?

I don't know what I'm seeing o. But it smells like lies

I don't know why I find your comment very funny. grin grin The 'small goat' part cracked me up. grin grin

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Kaybaba5(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Lets see the pictures of the chicken

That is how you people will be gifting people birds and call it chicken
Even if it's bird, she suppose to dash it out secretly and she should have been a blessing to another soul. Not wasting it. This is bad
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by femicyrus(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
what religion will cause in this country eh!

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by edoairways: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
lilwetdick:

of what use is this woman to the man?

so how will look the woman in the face after what she has done, stuff like that can be kept under the carpet

basically what she did have already ruin any relationship present or in the future

if you dont trust your neigbour, you reject and throw away their gift, why acting like you like them when you see them.
There is no point hating or disassociating from them rather maintain a limit
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by mastermaestro(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
caprini1:
I taya o....you gave someone a gift and you are monitoring the usage....the OP gan looks suspicious grin

Another angle to the story. cheesy But sincerely, was the op monitoring her to make sure she ate it? cheesy cheesy He needs to amend his ways. grin grin
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by koxi: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,
My chicken had grown to an enormous size because I fed them well.

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Fast forward to the afternoon, I suspected.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

At least she should have thrown it elsewhere not the general dustbin

The chicken that I would have sold for #7000 and make money from it.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

Ooh, I am so angry right now.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

If I knew I would have sold it and take my girl out this Christmas,

My guy, whatever you do, don’t confront her...
I know it’s not easy, but try to let it slide. At least, now you know her true character. I’d rather you continue like nothing happened and keep up with your kindness BUT mind what you do and/or say around her cos she’s clearly not on the same page as you.
Happy holidays
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by West2019(m): 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

you have done the good thing by giving her the chicken , but even since you never knw she hate you in this way , you have to thank your God by exposing her to you, you have to been extremely carful wit her from today henceforth .dnt confront her .
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by D1zion: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
She's insecure, I believe is all those people that claim born again born again. Some of this people if you're not in same church with them anything you give them is unclean,or maybe she'll say you don do juju with the chicken. & maybe she has been suspecting you to be diabolical that's why.sometimes is all those poor people that cannot afford one killo of beef that does that,thinking youre laughing them.

As for me ooo,o think you should let her know what she did.so it won't repeat itself with anyone else again. If not you'll harbour grudges & it'll make you ease whatever hatred you have towards her. Tell her she should have returned it back as she was not going to eat it.confront her jare,she dey craze.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by mastermaestro(m): 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
Just learn your lesson and move on.
Op, you didn't tell us about your relationship with the said neighbour. Had you guys shared anything eatable before this?
Trust has gone south dude. Nobody wakes up to eat anything from anyone nowadays. I am sure you guys didn't not have a warm enough relationship that would make her consume food coming from you.
Don't tell me you didn't know her well enough. You did. You chose to ignore in the spirit of Christmas.
In fact, the new advice in vogue is do not consume gifts from 'overnight friends' all in the name of Christmas.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Juliearth(f): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I don't know if this is the right place to complain. I need advice on what to do.

I wanted to ask her

If asking her would give you closure, please do!
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by tonysunkan: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
You don't need to get angry. It is true that what your neighbor did was painful, but don't get overtly angry about it. That should not stop you from giving too.
You have done your own part. Leave the rest.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Ladycewhy(f): 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
Let me get this straight, you have your neighbor a live chicken ,not cooked one and she killed it and threw it away? That neighbor is evil . I can understand people not accepting cooked food but a live chicken ,nah ,run from such a person.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by emmaitive(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
hisgrace090:
There are so many people that does that this days.

And their reason is nothing but fear and its not so good to me.
becos dey lack faith,so dey live in fear
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by saniby: 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
..just Imagine the pain.
On the other hand, just imagine the feelings of HE who provided you with everything to make you live comfortably on earth - Air, food, wealth, health etc, and clearly warned YOU and those before YOU, to never associate partners with HIM. But alas..here you are saying 'there are other GODs equal to Him and HE has a begotten SON.?
The heaven shakes due to such bad words.

But in any case, the woman shouldn't have collected your chicken in the first instance.
Sorry about that my brother.

Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by deebrain(m): 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
It might not be personal but rather superstitious quality of your said neighbor. Could be a mindset that anyone that nice to her must be an evil person.

Don't take it personal. But learn your lesson. Avoid giving gifts to the person. Allow courtesy (greeting and good vibe) continue though

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by HARYOMIDE1994: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
Mac2016:

The woman in question is more angry than you could ever get and she's so bitter about something. I doubt if it is religion based!
My guesses: possibly your fowls where hosted within her proximity and they gave her a hellish time during their rearing period.. Foul fowl poop, odoriferous environment etc to mention little! She might have complained at a point to you before, most probably, and you felt unconcerned..
You completed the rearing and the poultry was successful.. And made you richer while she's poor (now she's thinks it is all at her expense/detriment). She could also not reject your gift to your face possibly cos you're an influential figure or a mouthed fellow (with some sort of community followers/supporters supporting you "unduly".. "Unduly" to her)
You have just two choices about her but don't make it messy.. Maybe to take steps to endear her or totally ignore her.. Don't accost her! My opinion tho grin

God bless you for this unparalleled analysis. You used psychological inference to deduce what might have transpired between the duo. I truly see to this your perspective.
Once again, kudos to you for this knowledge-laden post.

1 Like

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by StrikeBack(m): 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
authenticman:

What do you want to do?
Nothing special. Chill and grill..eat and have fun
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nairaballers94(m): 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

You have done your part as a person,just pretend as if it means nothing to you;she will be hurt in silence.But just know you are having a very toxic neighbour
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Josh44s(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

I will advice you stay far away from such neighbor. If you live in a rented apartment, give yourself quit notice next month, if you own the house, give that neighbor quit notice because I can bet my hard earned savings that meiosis planning what font or color to use at your obituary poster. Run ooo! Run for your dear life bro.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Myself2(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
uboma:

Hmmmmm!

With what you wrote, I will not accept to eat meals at your home.

You claim to be a Christian but choose to ignore the part of the Bible where it commands that animals, after slaughtering, should be properly bled before cooking and eating.

You prefer to give a dead chicken to unsuspecting less previleged ones just to receive praises. You are worse than an unbeliever.

Look at you, bloody hypocrite. You are worse than an infidel. How do you know the chicken did not bleed out. Did the OP specify the mode of killing by the neighbor, or did he say it was strangulated,,, indeed the Bible is referring to modern day Pharisees and Sadducees like you when it says "You have left the weightier matters of the law and concentrated on the less weightier ones"
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Juliearth(f): 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
post=85203719:

Hmmm, here comes the Chief Justice of the Federation!
You don't know whatever issue they have between them and you are already judging issues.
It is well o Chidi!

@OP,

Well, until we know what the relationship between you and your neigbour was prior the Christmas chicken incident,
There is little or nothing we can comment about the poor dead chicken.

Even a mad man or woman won't just kill an innocent chicken and throw it in the dustbin on Christmas day if there is nothing hidden or unknown to outsiders.
Complete your story next time Father Xmas!

There goes a beautiful chicken that would have gone well on the grills.
What a pity!

See as better Chicken stand on top fire nah!
She gallant die!

You think there has to be rift between two people for things like this to happen?

Some years ago, my neighbour lost her husband and my mum took out extra time to prepare a nice meal....the food ended up in the dustbin. Note that our families were cordial so it wasn't a case of "I don't trust you," but they belong to that denomination of christiandom that see themselves as the holiest and should not be equally yoked with those who do not belong to the same denomination.

3 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by uboma(m): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Myself2:

Look at you, bloody hypocrite. You are worse than an infidel. How do you know the chicken did not bleed out. Did the OP say it was strangulated,,, indeed the Bible is referring to hypocrites like you when it says "You have left the weightier matters of the law and concentrated on the less weightier ones"

It is because of people like you that has made others turn down offerings of food. To think that you will pick up a dead chicken from the wastebin and cook, marinate it like you described earlier and offer it to unsuspecting less privileged ones makes you very disgusting.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Godsonkemz(m): 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
It depends on your real motive of giving. Did you gift her that chicken for friendship or rather let me put it this way 'have you ever asked her out or made an advancement towards her' since she's an opposite sex. Maybe she holds grudges against you or against the chicken if its defective.

I can't see a reason such an offer should be rejected.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by crazycrypto710: 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
Don't react, you have learnt of the type of neighbour you have.

4 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Myself2(m): 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
uboma:

It is because of people like you that has made others turn down offerings of food. To think that you will pick up a dead chicken from the wastebin and cook, marinate it like you described earlier and offer it to unsuspecting less privileged ones makes you very disgusting.

Taaaa let me hear word, live chicken that was killed in a matter of a few hours, it 's like you don't know it's a sin to be wasteful, even to waste food. Be deceiving yourself there, if the OP has psychological reasons not to eat it, then he should go ahead and offer it to people outside who don't have psychological reasons. Personally, I will dress that chicken and grub it down with my favorite grape wine
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by agyo(m): 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
Your rewards has been jotted cos of your sincere heart. Let go no need of the confrontation. Do as it u no see anything.

Charleys:
I have a small poultry,

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by magilou: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I don't know if this is the right place to complain. I need advice on what to do.

I wanted to ask her

My advice to you is to call the other neighbors you gave chicken to and show them what the woman did. Ask them what you should do while suggesting that they follow you to go confront the woman for what she did. If none of them is willing to go with you to confront the woman, then you should go by yourself just tell her what you saw, what you believe she did, that you think it is wrong and why you think it's wrong. That you think she should have rejected it instead of accept it and throw it away or give it out considering the cost the fowl.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by ogorwyne(f): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
When people give me gifts I don't need, I always give it out, throw it away or even sell it out. You want to confront her for what? What she did is wrong, but it's no use confronting her. Next time, don't give her anything.
See talk o. angryYou know you can politely reject gifts right?
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Bahddo:
It's because everyone is pressured to do stuff they really don't want to. You know how many times I reject gifts and get weird looks? Some get upset that others didn't eat their food. Why would you get angry someone (especially someone you haven't really been close to) doesn't want to eat your food? Na by force? Abi you put something?

For someone else who cares deeply what others think of them, it's just easier to take it (to please the giver) and throw it away (because of fear or whatever).

It's the same culture that makes it a taboo to reject gifts that also raised people to fear the unknown.

Stop pressuring people to take your gifts and this would happen less.

As a teenager , I learnt people care about these things a lot. I rejected a birthday cake because I just didn't have any appetite. O boy the reaction I got was as good as what I would have gotten if I slapped someone's mum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wale Gates Post: Women, Bible, Husbands, Maids, SideChick / What Is The Meaning Of Picking Ripe And Unripe Plantain In A Dream?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.