Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? (1548 Views)

Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend / Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by Obinnau(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2019
Good morning and compliments of the season.

I recently bought a Peugeot 206 used.
The AC wasn't filled when I bought it but I remember the ac button was in on position. The engine was not responsive to throttling very well and my mechanic said I need to change nozzles, fuel pump and plugs. I did it. There was a slight improvement
Then yesterday I filled my ac with 2 cans of gas.
That was when I noticed that when I turned on the Ac the car will start jerking a bit, stop receiving power from throttling and then shut off even when I am driving and then I will have to restart it again to move (exactly what it was doing when I bought it) . Also it reduced the power of the engine when on.
But once i off the ac, the car works fine
What could be the issue and how can I solve it?
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by Mynewdawn15: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
weyreypey:

That car has a scan port.... Scan it(ask the car) and post the results (what the car says) here. Thank you.
In addition, check the AC compressor, like you are running your car on a bigger Compressor.
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ De guru biko bia na eba. You're attention is greatly needed.
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by Obinnau(m): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
GAZZUZ De guru biko via na eba. You're attention is greatly needed.
Gazzuzz already gave his opinion. He said he is not with the car and can't correctly diagnose it
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by Obinnau(m): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2019
weyreypey:

Pictures of the car
here
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by chuka5000(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
check the vacuum
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by Obinnau(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
chuka5000:
check the vacuum
please how do I that
Re: Peugeot 206 Doesn't Accelerate When AC Is On, What's The Problem? by chuka5000(m): 12:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Obinnau:
please how do I that

I don't know much about Peugeot but u need to see ur mechanic (make sure he's not a kazeem,)
tell him about this and tell him to check the vacuum

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Nissan Xterra 2005-2012 Users / How To Trace A Water Leakage / What Your Tail Pipe Might Be Telling You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.