Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False (311 Views)

Dangote's Encounter With Benson Idahosa Made Him Rich : True Or False / What is the False Gospel Within Christianity Today? / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Adeboye's False Preaching Leads To Poverty. #FreeTheSheeple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False by skywalker240(m): 8:38am On Dec 25, 2019
In respect of the thread at the front page that listed churches that don't partake in such celebrations (Christmas)

Could it be based on what they unearthed about it's origin or source?

howbeit, It still remains a known fact that it was'nt documented in the bible that the Master was born on the 25th day of December.

Also in all his days on the Earth, the Master never instructed us to do this to remember or celebrate him but rather he noted the last supper as a remembrance of him.

these are what i've observed about it, and most times it makes one doubt if its real or from a false idolatary source. (just check Google Christmas origin, true or false)

but what do you think

lets discuss.

cc Lalasticlala
OMA4J
Re: Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False by GoodnessB(f): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2019
This issue again! Can't we just enjoy Christmas in peace! embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False by skywalker240(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2019
GoodnessB:
This issue again! Can't we just enjoy Christmas in peace! embarassed
*Laughs*

i never said you should not enjoy your Christmas, am only trying to point out awareness on its origin. I mean wouldnt you want to know and enlighten yourself more about what you are celebrating?

when you're eating a delicious food wouldnt you want to know the mastermind behind it?

1 Like

Re: Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False by GoodBadandUgly(m): 10:54am On Dec 25, 2019
skywalker240:
In respect of the thread at the front page that listed churches that don't partake in such celebrations (Christmas)

Could it be based on what they unearthed about it's origin or source?

howbeit, It still remains a known fact that it was'nt documented in the bible that the Master was born on the 25th day of December.

Also in all his days on the Earth, the Master never instructed us to do this to remember or celebrate him but rather he noted the last supper as a remembrance of him.

these are what i've observed about it, and most times it makes one doubt if its real or from a false idolatary source. (just check Google Christmas origin, true or false)

but what do you think

lets discuss.

cc Lalasticlala
OMA4J

Christmas is a pagan holiday that pre existed Christianity. Check out the conversion of Emperor Constantine to Christianity and the effects of his reign on Christianity.
“The earliest known reference to it commemorating the birth of Christ on December 25th is in the Roman Philocalian calendar of AD 354.”

The earlier bible translation we have is from 200 years after Jesus’ death.
The earlier celebration of Christmas was 323 year Jesus’ death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Celebratiom Genuine Or False by skywalker240(m): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

Christmas is a pagan holiday that pre existed Christianity. Check out the conversion of Emperor Constantine to Christianity and the effects of his reign on Christianity.
“The earliest known reference to it commemorating the birth of Christ on December 25th is in the Roman Philocalian calendar of AD 354.”

The earlier bible translation we have is from 200 years after Jesus’ death.
The earlier celebration of Christmas was 323 year Jesus’ death.
I have no reason to argue or oppose what you've just stated, infact a large part of me agree with you. And again Whats all these celebration and The so-called Santa, Grinch, Reindeer and Trees? so babaric if you asked me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Four Nigerian Pastors Who Don't Collect Tithe From Their Members / Sweet Friendships Needed / World Hijab Day Lagos Funfair Event 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.