Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Christmas Is Idolatrous But Should Be Celebrated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas Is Idolatrous But Should Be Celebrated (288 Views)

5 Countries In The World Where Celebration Of Christmas Is Illegal And Totally.. / Doyin Okupe: My Gay Son, Bolu Will Still Be Celebrated In Nigeria And Globally / May Day: Nigerian Workers’ Deserve To Be Celebrated - Orji Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Is Idolatrous But Should Be Celebrated by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
In the last few days, I have read several comentary on why Christmas is not only deceptive but Idolatrous which has made leaders of some deniminations to call for its nonobservance. The reasons canvassed by this groups has made so many not to observe Christmas. Honestly speaking, I find myself inclined to the arguments of this persons while being of the opinion that despite its short commings, the 25th day of December should continously observed as the birthday of Jesus, remain a public holiday and be celebrated by all christians for the following reasons.

December 25th has been a day for centuries which Christians and other religious adherents use to exchange gifts. Not even the 14th of of february(valentine day) does gifts and foods exchange hands like Christmas day.

Christmas day also marks a period of unification when people travel far and wide to bond with family members.

Their is also an upsurge of commercial activities during the period leading to economic growth.

Dear Nairalanders, what do you think is good about Christmas for it to be continued.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous But Should Be Celebrated by professorval1(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
We're coming..
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous But Should Be Celebrated by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
In my humble opinion, for us workers, we would gladly accept any day as public holiday so we can have some rest. I mean...I am not muslim but I observe all eid celebrations so also muslims observe christmas.

In conclusion, if traditional worshippers bring their own day of celebration, we would gladly accept it and make it official. We need rest abeg

(1) (Reply)

Bariga Local Council Chairman Alabi Kolade Christmas Message To Barigans / OZIGBO Rolls Out Christmas Programmes: Hosts PDP State & Local Government Excos / #freeleahsharibu: Timi Frank Joins Reno Campaign For Release Of Leah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.