Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) (62393 Views)

Enugu State Builds Roads To Connect Roads Accross Thick Forests / This Village Has No Roads, The Only Means Of Transportation Is By Boat / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by alterego17: 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
joepepsy:
Smh..pride kee you there.

Na ur generation pride go kee...dumbwits lyk u be believing any rubbish u see on social media
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by TEDHorsePower: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Chef2000 aka okpalanambra aka ikpuchinonye1994, why are you running away from this thread. cheesy
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by kikuyu1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon:

Instead of you to face the topic you are busy calling one chino that is no longer on nairaland. Let's face the situation we have found ourselves in Abia state

Obviously it wasn't always this way-WTF happened!?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Btruth: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
........and they said Kalu should not be in prison?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
omohayek:

And if "Tiffnubu" were to be arrested and sentenced to life in prison tomorrow, how exactly would that do anything to improve the situation in Aba? If every single crooked APC politician in the SW magically disappears, how will that change Abia state governance for the better?

You are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with politics in Nigeria: you have nothing constructive to offer by way of suggestions for how the issues highlighted by the OP might be ameliorated, choosing instead to try to distract attention from something you feel threatens your "tribal" pride by making an irrelevant "tu quoque" reference to Tinubu. Of course, I'm sure you'll have no problem seeing why such argumentation is ridiculous when it's Lagos and Tinubu under discussion.

Tiffnubu is a thief.

Nigerians cant stop talking about him.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

They are killing them abi?

They won't dare kill dem.

I repeat, YORUBAS are not accommodating igbos in SW.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by rusher14: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

They won't dare kill dem.

I repeat, YORUBAS are not accommodating igbos in SW.

I guess South Africans are the ones accommodating you in Jo'burg.

Or maybe Thailand are the accommodators .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Omololu001: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Must you create a thread about it on nairaland so your enemies will abuse and laugh at you again?
Why did you deliberately leave out the new roads constructed recently?
I doubt you are from Abia.
who are is enemies? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Ultimategeneral: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Wetin the tire me most, na the number of churches wey full am.
If i were opportune to hold key position (state governor), I would tax churches. The amount of filt in the system is too much.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by babaztee: 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
Where is Ochendo Global? Very unfortunate for the Abians and her residents.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Gboliwe: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon:
I just returned to Abia state, right now in Aba to see some of my family and friends. I have not been to Aba in the past few years, just got there now, this is condition of Aba at Christmas.

There's harmattan season but not in Aba, there are filthy environments and dirty water settling every where . This is how at least 95% of Aba looks.

Who did we offend in Abia state. Right now I am ashamed of being an Abia indigene. My friends from Delta, Anambra, Enugu even Ebonyi are now laughing at me.

What should I do now?

This is happening recently? Then the governor is working! Is that not a tractor and workers in reflectors?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by fodiyo(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
what do you expect if a fellow like this is made a governor

2 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ridbell01(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
I have been to the NorthCentral ss,se, nw and I can tell you categorically that south West is the best in Nigeria... In terms of all positive indicators
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Captain6(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Anambralstson:
NGWA HIGH SCHOOL AXIS OF ABA OWERRI ROAD HAS BEEN OPENED FOR COMMUTERS.

The Honourable Commissioner for Works, Abia State, Bob Chiedozie Ogu who was addressing motorist during the formal opening of the road, expressed satisfaction on the quality of job executed by the contractor and for delivering the job as scheduled.
He urged him to maintain the same standard as he commences on the second phase of the road project.

It will be recalled that the commissioner had earlier promised in one of his inspection visits to the site that the road will be opened before the Yuletide and today the road has been completed and opened for the commuters to ease traffic.

Barr. Bob Ogu used the opportunity to remind traders doing business on that road of the ban on Street trading by the Abia State government and directed them to stop trading on that road as he will not tolerate any further business activities on that road.
He warned road users to desist from illegal dumping of refuse on the road or inside the drainage channels.

Speaking while opening the road, the Managing Director, Track Care Construction Company, Mr Timothy Iheoma said the construction of Aba- Owerri road will be done in phases, promising the immediate commencement of the second phase which starts from Winners junction to MCC junction.

He used the opportunity to thank the Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for making funds available while appreciating the efforts of the hon. commissioner for his support in realization of this project. He reiterated his commitment to maintain the same standard on the remaining parts of the road project.

In their seperate speeches, Mr Uche Obiora, a bus driver and Mr Lawrence Onyeukwu, a Keke driver said the opening of the road which was blocked because of the road construction, will put an end to the incessant traffic jam being experienced at winners junction.
They thanked the Governor Ikpeazu for his leadership strides which has recorded another success today.
Nice pictures. If the governor of Abia state can extend this good work all over Aba,i don't think threads or topics like this will make front page.

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Captain6(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
I have been to Aba, it was really bad,but not as bad as Op said. There were some good roads like 40% good roads and 60% bad roads.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by zinny377(f): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Is this truly Aba?

1 Like

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

I guess South Africans are the ones accommodating you in Jo'burg.

Or maybe Thailand are the accommodators .

A silly example, SA n Thailand are other countries...

Nobody is accommodating anyone in South Africa. Did SA people give us free Visa or free land or free tax or free capital or free house?

U cant accommodate me in my own country man, receive sense.

Yoruba really need to grow up.

Yorubas are not accommodating igbo in lagos.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by rusher14: 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

A silly example, SA n Thailand are other countries...

Nobody is accommodating anyone in South Africa. Did SA people give us free Visa or free land or free tax or free capital or free house?

U cant accommodate me in my own country man, receive sense.

Yoruba really need to grow up.

Yorubas are not accommodating igbo in lagos.

But they are marginalising you right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by profilemessages: 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
if your neighbour didn't serve you Christmas rice and chicken please blame BUHARI,

if the front of your shop or house is dirty please blame BUHARI!!!

3 Likes

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by profilemessages: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
they said that your streets are dirty, you keep saying that you are going to BIAFRA, is BIAFRA a street cleaner?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

But they are marginalising you right?

Explain your self
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by rusher14: 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Explain your self

There is nothing to explain.

Are the igbos being marginalised and by who?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

There is nothing to explain.

Are the igbos being marginalised and by who?

The igbos and yorubas are being marginalised by the north.

But fortunately for the igbos, they are the richest tribe in nigeria and their region is far better developed than yoruba and hausa regions because they are simply more intelligent, more daring and much more hard working than the Awusa-Afonjas
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by rusher14: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The igbos and yorubas are being marginalised by the north.

But fortunately for the igbos, they are the richest tribe in nigeria and their region is far better developed than yoruba and hausa regions because they are simply more intelligent, more daring and much more hard working than the Awusa-Afonjas

Marginslized in their own country yet they are the richest and most developed.

Talk about a complete exercise in irony and deceit.

I have never seen Yorubas claim to be marginalised certainly not since 2015.

They own Lagos and Ogun state the most industrialized states in Nigeria.

They are accommodating the largest single train refinery in the world. The brain behind the project claims the people were accommodating.

They own and take their aliquot share from the oil they produce giving others to the federation account.

They can see railway tracks being laid across the length and breadth of their land.

They enjoy their coastal territory for Port operations, tourism and industrialisation.

They share heavy portfolios in government and business.

This marginalisation they are suffering must be of a different kind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by ManAmongMen: 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
yet that conhead ugly fat dark monkey with shot dick is an Nwa man,and he can't develop Aba the obi ngwa.. being a Nigerian and coming from Abia is the worst thing to happen to me..but soon all of them will join their fellow thief orji kalu in prison where they can continue jerking off with baby pears as they do while in office.
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by joinnow: 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
Abia1stSon:
I just returned to Abia state, right now in Aba to see some of my family and friends. I have not been to Aba in the past few years, just got there now, this is condition of Aba at Christmas.

There's harmattan season but not in Aba, there are filthy environments and dirty water settling every where . This is how at least 95% of Aba looks.

Who did we offend in Abia state. Right now I am ashamed of being an Abia indigene. My friends from Delta, Anambra, Enugu even Ebonyi are now laughing at me.

What should I do now?
Who did we offend in Abia state
nobody
just that kirikiri is awaiting them
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Kristokx(m): 7:07am On Dec 27, 2019
TRUE talk Aba is dirty and all but that’s definitely an old picture cause harmattan done dry those water in those drainage
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by B2mario(m): 8:00am On Dec 27, 2019
TEDHorsePower:
Chef2000 aka okpalanambra aka ikpuchinonye1994, why are you running away from this thread. cheesy
why are you quoting yourself, this guy?
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by BeijinDossier: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2019
B2mario:
why are you quoting yourself, this guy?

Animal have you finally regained your voice? Now face the topic
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by BeijinDossier: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2019
B2MARIO go through this thread. By the time you are through, you should go and weep for your state
Re: Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2019
rusher14:

Marginslized in their own country yet they are the richest and most developed.

Talk about a complete exercise in irony and deceit.

I have never seen Yorubas claim to be marginalised certainly not since 2015.

They own Lagos and Ogun state the most industrialized states in Nigeria.

They are accommodating the largest single train refinery in the world. The brain behind the project claims the people were accommodating.

They own and take their aliquot share from the oil they produce giving others to the federation account.

They can see railway tracks being laid across the length and breadth of their land.

They enjoy their coastal territory for Port operations, tourism and industrialisation.

They share heavy portfolios in government and business.

This marginalisation they are suffering must be of a different kind.

Confused lying tribe.

""I have never seen Yorubas claim to be marginalised certainly not since 2015""

Yorubas cried marginalisation to the high heavens under GEJ.

''They share heavy portfolios in government and business"

NO, Hausa alone enjoys everything.

''Marginslized in their own country yet they are the richest and most developed."

grin grin grin...yorubas have never ever been the richest ethnic group in Nigeria and SE is far more developed than SW nigeria, dont keep fooooooooling urself around that fact.

""They are accommodating the largest single train refinery in the world. The brain behind the project claims the people were accommodating.""

Another heavy yoruba lie. Each time u people open una mouth, lies n lies upon lies droll out

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / MALL OF AMERICA: Beautiful Pictures From Inside The Biggest Mall In The USA / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.