Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) (62375 Views)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) / 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by lhordspy: 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
Chilling moment dead climbers started falling from the top:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXmHakNlMcQ

Over 200 dead bodies lay along the route to the top of Mount Everest. The bodies are used as landmarks by climbers and have been given nicknames such as "Green Boots" , "Sleeping beauty" among others.

Because it's too dangerous to retrieve the dead bodies that litter the slopes of Mount Everest, most climbers remain right where they fell while trying to summit Earth's tallest peak. Standard protocol on Mount Everest is just to leave the dead right where they died, and so these Mount Everest bodies remain there to spend eternity on its slopes, serving as both a warning to other climbers as well as gruesome mile markers.

Why Mount Everest Is Littered With The Dead Bodies Of More Than 200 Fallen Climbers
Mount Everest holds the impressive title of tallest mountain in the world, but many people don’t know about its other, more gruesome title: the world’s largest open-air graveyard.

Since 1953, when Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay scaled the summit for the first time, more than 4,000 people have followed in their footsteps, braving the harsh climate and dangerous terrain for a few moments of glory. Some of them, however, never left the mountain, leaving hundreds of dead bodies on Mount Everest.

How Many Dead Bodies Are On Mount Everest?
The top portion of the mountain, roughly everything above 26,000 feet, is known as the “death zone.”

There, the oxygen levels are only at a third of what they are at sea level, and the barometric pressure causes weight to feel ten times heavier. The combination of the two makes climbers feel sluggish, disoriented and fatigued and can cause extreme distress on organs. For this reason, climbers don’t usually last more than 48 hours in this area.

The climbers that do are usually left with lingering effects. The ones that aren’t so lucky and die on Mount Everest are left right where they fell.

To date, it’s estimated that some 300 people have died climbing Earth’s tallest mountain and that there are approximately 200 dead bodies on Mount Everest to this day.

Famous Mountain Everest Bodies

GREEN BOOT (Pix 1 below)
One of the most famous Mount Everest bodies, known as “Green Boots” was passed by almost every climber to reach the death zone. The identity of Green Boots is highly contested, but it is most widely believed that it is Tsewang Paljor, an Indian climber who died in 1996.

Before the body’s recent removal, Green Boots’ body rested near a cave that all climbers must pass on their way to the peak. The body became a grim landmark used to gauge how close one is to the summit. He is famous for his green boots, and because, according to one seasoned adventurer “about 80% of people also take a rest at the shelter where Green Boots is, and it’s hard to miss the person lying there.”

SLEEPING BEAUTY (pix 2 below)
They called her the Sleeping Beauty of Mount Everest. She lay on her back, one arm outflung, with her head pillowed on the eternal snow. Her face, now waxy in death, seemed so perfect that the new name suited her well.

Francys Arsentiev reached the summit without oxygen on 22nd May 1998 in company with her husband Sergei Arsentiev. Following the North Ridge route they summited so late in the day they had to spend the night out above 8,600 meters. Over the next two days both of them died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6P0IVBVw8s

Source:

https://twitter.com/Morbidful/status/1664671347941703689?t=Fv8CvWfD4NFxP3yv_7iFtQ&s=19

https://allthatsinteresting.com/mount-everest-bodies

https://mounteverest.info/sleeping-beauty-the-dead-body-of-francys-arsentiev-on-everest/
Mynd44 nlfpmod

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by lhordspy: 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
A glimpse of the daunting trip to the top of the mountain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cLRa83PlzE

Twitter users share experience:

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by lhordspy: 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
Facts:

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by GOFRONT(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
Now that I have my phallus standing real tall like this Mountain Everest, I would love to pass through the route to the country of Sweden.

What a time to Visit Sweden.
A new sex Tournament has just been commissioned by the Swedish Sport minister.......Mrs Flora Ljungberg. grin

SWeden has the best sport minister in the world., Good sport policy at its best.

Sex Competition.........CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Wawelexy(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
How will somebody just wake up someday and decides to climb something as high as 26,000ft....

Isn't that suicidal?

230 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Wawelexy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
GOFRONT:
Now that I have my phallus standing real tall like this Mountain Everest, I would love to pass through the route to the country of Sweden.

What a time to Visit Sweden.
A new sex Tournament has just been commissioned by the Swedish Sport minister.......Mrs Flora Ljungberg. grin

SWeden has the best sport minister in the world., Good sport policy at its best.

Sex Competition.........CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Calabar people will monopolize the trophy if they are allow to contest...

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
The road to the top of mountain everest is litter with highly motivated people.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by ednut1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
The same drive that made white man navigate the the world discovering new resources and land is the same thing that makes them do things like this. The Everest has been conquered already there is no need for more people to conquer it. It is absolute madness

154 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by triple996(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
it's people with no meaning in life that goes to mountain Everest to "conquer themselves and their worst fear". This simply means u have too much money and time to the extended that you don't know how to spend it.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Zonefree(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
From base to peak, Mountain Everest is not the tallest mountain on earth.

Mauna Kea is over 6,000 farther from Earth's center than Mount Everest.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Nemesis0147(m): 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Oversabi people

6 Likes

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
lol

You sabi climb ?

2 Likes

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Brownshoe: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
I climbed it from the west side that time, it made the journey not too stressful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Samfloxin(m): 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
I have never seen a people so stupid like Oyibo people. Always taking risks for most foolish reasons. If I go there na to deep hand in their pockets and collect whatever I lay my hands on...ndi mgbu

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
Samfloxin:
I have never seen a people so stupid like Oyibo people. Always taking risks for most foolish reasons. If I go there na to deep hand in their pockets and collect whatever I lay my hands on...ndi mgbu
Ogbeni, na why Dem dey discover things come dey make una look like monkey.
Your own na to dey chop, use things, you no even know how Dem take do am or anything about the discovery.😁

Life na risk on a norms!

436 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Samfloxin(m): 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Ogbeni, na why Dem dey discover things come dey make una look like monkey.
Your own na to dey chop, use things, you no even know how Dem take do am or anything about the discovery.😁

Life na risk on a norms!
Go and discover nah, what are you waiting for?

19 Likes

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
Samfloxin:

Go and discover nah, what are you waiting for?
Fine boy, no vex! 😁

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by wiseone28: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
Wawelexy:

Calabar people will monopolize the trophy if they are allow to contest...
Wasted spérm

5 Likes

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Astra101: 2:52am On Jun 06, 2023
I'm eager to visit this mountain cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by 1Sharon(f): 3:13am On Jun 06, 2023
Wawelexy:
How will somebody just wake up someday and decides to climb something as high as 26,000ft....

Isn't that suicidal?

White people are just more curious about the world and how it works.

It's how they discover things. They don't just stay in their comfort zone.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Wawelexy(m): 4:30am On Jun 06, 2023
wiseone28:
Wasted spérm

Nincompoop.... Are you from that region?

10 Likes

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Adukpe19(m): 6:02am On Jun 06, 2023
IHmmmn interesting read

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Wawelexy(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2023
wiseone28:
I'm from the skull miner or baby factory regions

You are the opposite of your moniker grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by slawomir: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Klington: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Femisol(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
Mountaineering accident is very common in the U.S.
It killed a very close friend of Bill Gates in high School
Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Sunnycliff(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
The Green Bodies!

To imagine that one pays as much as 50000USD For this trip to the peak of the Everest shows say this world get as e be. Some people are so contented that their next problem is to risk their lives for fame.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by RedChiefPriest: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
White people doing something that can kill them since 16B.C

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by AntiChristian: 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Looking for fame!

Guinness Book of record!

Every Soul will taste death!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Cloudflare: 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
God punish theifnubuu for this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) by Dozie32(m): 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
What could have killed them? RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For Philippines Visa / Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.