Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari (674 Views)

Hope Uzodinma: Gulak's Death Is A Clear Case Of Political Assassination / Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse / PDP Is Unfair Party With No Conscience - Ben Ayade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by newsgerian: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari.
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is doing his best to protect the fundamental human rights of citizens in the country.

The President who received Letters of Credence from the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Ms Mary Leonard, noted that there are no hard feelings in steering the affairs of the country.

“I know that those with access have created an impression of being marginalised,” he was quoted as saying in a statement on Tuesday by his spokesman, Garba Shehu.

President Buhari added, “I sit here with a clear conscience. I took an oath and I am honouring the office.”

He urged the US government to ensure that its sources of information on Nigeria cut across all sectors, saying some people might provide misleading and manipulative narratives for self-serving purposes, ignoring the larger picture of a united country.

The President decried that the recent listing of Nigeria for human rights concerns created an impression that some people were being unfairly treated or marginalised in the country.

He recalled his visit to Washington DC where he met with US President Donald Trump who expressed concern with reports of attacks on segments of the society.

President Buhari disclosed that he took some time to explain the situation in the country to the American leader.

“It is not an easy task to work for the unity of the country, and I am doing my best.

“During your stay in the country I am asking you to ensure that your sources of strategic information cut across,” he told the US diplomat.

The President also asked her to use the opportunity of her posting to Nigeria, with her experience, knowledge and energy to get the facts on the country.

In her remarks, Leonard said Nigeria was listed on a watch list to deepen conversation on the humanitarian situation in the country, accepting that some people could “flare the flames and crystalize issues’’ that could affect peaceful coexistence.

“There are people who make things less attractive than they seem,” she said, noting that the report would deepen conversation of the situation in the country, especially with religious leaders and mediators.

“I want to assure that the United States recognises and celebrates the integration in Nigeria,” the US envoy said, adding that her country would always side with transparent processes.

She noted that Nigeria and America have a lot in common in terms of “being big among neighbours, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial”.

Leonard also assured President Buhari of support from the United States, especially on the humanitarian challenges and commended the willingness to always share useful information and intelligence with her country.

“I feel it’s a privilege and great honour to be here; coming to see the giant of Africa.

“I have worked for 30 decades before coming to Nigeria. We will do a lot together for peace, security and delivering humanitarian assistance,” she added.

https://newsgerian.com/human-rights-i-sit-here-with-a-clear-conscience-buhari/

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Brandstudio01: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
grin
This statement Reminds me the day I stole my mother's Meat when I was 13

3 Likes

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Captainrambo2: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari you re a failure

You did not fight corruption. As if that wasnt bad enough yiu added nepotism to the mix.

Buhari you couldn't even stop police from taking bribes on the our roads, harassing people up and down.

You are a failure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Tumbulum: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
I have never seem such a pretentious human being. He opens his mouth every time to vomit lies for his zombies to swallow as food.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by ebuk4real(m): 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
grin

Let him correctly spell the word conscience and I will believe everything he said there...

Well, it's zombies I blame..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by ojun50(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2019
The one dat have die or which one
Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by OBUKSBAYELSA: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
The question to ask is, does a strong man (BUHARI) a person who over the years develop a CONQUERORS JIHADIST MENTALITY have conscience?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by SLAP44: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
When I see police and all other security agencies openly collecting bribes on Nigeria roads, even having the temerity to give you change openly when you don't have small bills, I shudder in revulsion.

This man has no single conscience.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Abfinest007(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
make i hear word

1 Like

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Mgbadike80: 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
Audio clean conscience, a man that doesn't obey court orders? story for the gods.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
This man is the biggest wicked hypocrite ever seen in the history of humanity.He just don't have a conscience.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Offshore34: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
Lool TYRANT SPEAKING!!! grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by nijabazaar: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
You sit with a tainted infact rotten conscience...

Major Dictator Buhari

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by lilprinze: 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
clear conscience kee you there

2 Likes

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by deji68: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin and was your consience clear back then?
Brandstudio01:
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Brandstudio01: 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
deji68:
grin grin grin grin and was your consience clear back then?
Walahi. I was Guilty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Injera(f): 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Your matter don tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by ahaz: 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Brandstudio01:
grin
even the devil still have hope of making heaven... rubbish
Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by ZombieTERROR: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
The conscience of a terrorist

Can never be clear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Enice(m): 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
newsgerian:
President Muhammadu Buhari.
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is doing his best to protect the fundamental human rights of citizens in the country.

The President who received Letters of Credence from the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Ms Mary Leonard, noted that there are no hard feelings in steering the affairs of the country.

“I know that those with access have created an impression of being marginalised,” he was quoted as saying in a statement on Tuesday by his spokesman, Garba Shehu.

President Buhari added, “I sit here with a clear conscience. I took an oath and I am honouring the office.”

He urged the US government to ensure that its sources of information on Nigeria cut across all sectors, saying some people might provide misleading and manipulative narratives for self-serving purposes, ignoring the larger picture of a united country.

The President decried that the recent listing of Nigeria for human rights concerns created an impression that some people were being unfairly treated or marginalised in the country.

He recalled his visit to Washington DC where he met with US President Donald Trump who expressed concern with reports of attacks on segments of the society.

President Buhari disclosed that he took some time to explain the situation in the country to the American leader.

“It is not an easy task to work for the unity of the country, and I am doing my best.

“During your stay in the country I am asking you to ensure that your sources of strategic information cut across,” he told the US diplomat.

The President also asked her to use the opportunity of her posting to Nigeria, with her experience, knowledge and energy to get the facts on the country.

In her remarks, Leonard said Nigeria was listed on a watch list to deepen conversation on the humanitarian situation in the country, accepting that some people could “flare the flames and crystalize issues’’ that could affect peaceful coexistence.

“There are people who make things less attractive than they seem,” she said, noting that the report would deepen conversation of the situation in the country, especially with religious leaders and mediators.

“I want to assure that the United States recognises and celebrates the integration in Nigeria,” the US envoy said, adding that her country would always side with transparent processes.

She noted that Nigeria and America have a lot in common in terms of “being big among neighbours, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial”.

Leonard also assured President Buhari of support from the United States, especially on the humanitarian challenges and commended the willingness to always share useful information and intelligence with her country.

“I feel it’s a privilege and great honour to be here; coming to see the giant of Africa.

“I have worked for[b] 30 decades[/b] before coming to Nigeria. We will do a lot together for peace, security and delivering humanitarian assistance,” she added.

https://newsgerian.com/human-rights-i-sit-here-with-a-clear-conscience-buhari/
@ the bolded, was this statement quoted verbatim or you add you onion and stew join? cause having the quotation marks means it is as was said. now 30 decades? that's 300 years you know.
Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by topboss: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
THAT IS FINE.

BUHARI DONT HAVE A CONSCIERNCE

HE IS A BEAST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by idid: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari that is a goner, what does he know.

Conscience kor, kilishi ni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
Brandstudio01:
grin

1 Like

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
Offshore34:
Lool TYRANT SPEAKING!!! grin grin grin grin
Pharoah also had a conscience angry

Re: Human Rights: I Sit Here With A Clear Conscience – Buhari by duncun: 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy / Bauchi Gov Hospitalised In London / Facts: The Inscription On Naira Note Is Not Arabic Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.