Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,327 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy (680 Views)

The Moment Frank Nweke Junior Praised Governor Ugwuanyi (Video) / Rufai Vs Reno: Why I Think The 'take Out' Accusation Is Funny, - Dr. Nweke / Akinwunmi Adesina, 2023: We Want Yoruba Muslim As President - MURIC To Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 11, 2020
Obviously the writer of that article twisted facts to make it appear tribal; that the Igbo parents are tribalists. That's not the fact! What we have here is a big cultural difference: Igbo culture abhors out of wedlock or unplanned children. Yorubas may accept this as it's very common in yoruba culture but it's virtually non existent in Igbo culture; if it's, it's negligible. The boy's parents see no problem with this but the Igbo parents see it as a big/capital problem.

Two, I don't know of any Igbo man that will give out his daughter to a man irrespective of tribe or race that is not financially stable, responsible or of good character. I personally will not. If you read the article, the girl's father kept saying " I don't want her with that boy." Indicating something about his character. He didn't say " I don't want her with that Yoruba muslim." Again, Igbo culture is a well organized culture with strong emphasis on family structure and zero tolerance for out of wed children or unprepared men getting into marriage. I know it's not unusual to see yoruba men getting married while still living with their parents or supported by them. This may be accepted culturally by Yorubas, fine but Igbos don't allow that. Igbo culture accepts of men getting married only when they are independent and can take care of their wife and kids without outside support. There may be exceptions for first son, first daughter, e.t.c.. That's why an average Igbo man marries at age 35. I think Yoruba is 25.

This has nothing to do with tribalism. If you are non Igbo man and want to court or marry an Igbo girl, you must know the culture and do things accordingly. If you are Yoruba, ask FKK, Davido, Gov. Akeredolu and co, these are also Yoruba men married to Igbo women. Show the parents you are prepared and can take care of their daughter yourself and not asking them or your parents to take care of your seed(her pregnancy), that's been irresponsible and Igbos don't tolerate such nonsense. You put a family through pain by your irresponsibility, then blame them for killing her? How do you expect the man to respect you or accept you as a suitor when you can't even take care of her pregnancy? If It were me I will lock you up after warning you to stop seeing her. Stop pissing people off!

Source
https://www.nairaland.com/5623525/amaka-nweke-parents-beat-daughter

5 Likes

Re: RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by AgentNairaland(f): 4:34am On Jan 11, 2020
That's Lovely, AFONJA Surprise Me Today.. All Muslims Are Terrorists

2 Likes

Re: RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 11, 2020
grin
Re: RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by funshint(m): 5:10am On Jan 11, 2020
Agreed with all your narratives. But still doesn't justify them maltreating the child to the point of death.

1 Like

Re: RE: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Mynd44: 6:13am On Jan 11, 2020

(1)

Operation Amotekun:when Pythons And Cows Team Up Against A Leopard / Tinubu Faults Moves To Oust Oshiomhole / Investigate Death Of COVID -19 Suspect – Ohanaeze Urges Ugwuayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.