Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? (16491 Views)

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by munaGod07: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
No mind those people after they will come for bill can u imagine that they brought low current this exmass
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by iajour(m): 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
I think m nw in las Vegas, cos since last week, lite av Bn stable. just sum few mins off. #Agege rep.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by risos(m): 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
It is also important to note that about 70% of electricity generated in Nigeria is lost during transmission, ie from power stations to your transformers.
This is very worrisome. The saboteurs are not helping matters.
The billing companies come up with frivolous estimated bills. Those of you who have switched from estimated to prepaid meters will understand.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by DollyPhee: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
Arepo. Steady light for the past 3days. No blink.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Stillthebest: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
kiss
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by ollydee: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
the light has been stable here since they called off the strike
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Primenet(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
No light for over three days now after bill were paid...too bad.

BEDCark Ness!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by oluplus(m): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
HQuadreal:
For the past 3 days, that is the eve of Christmas they have been light in my area, kaduna south.

#Happy boxing day Nairalander's.

#Happy boxing day

Same here in gonin gora. Very unusual

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by HQuadreal: 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
oluplus:

Same here in gonin gora. Very unusual

Kakuri here 100%.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by sharone21(f): 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
HQuadreal:
For the past 3 days, that is the eve of Christmas they have been light in my area, kaduna south.

#Happy boxing day
Same thing in Abeokuta, Ogun State but not throughout the day.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Adesuwa147(f): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
HQuadreal:

#Happy boxing day
Very true

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Ayobami7(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
Stable Light
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by HQuadreal: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
Adesuwa147:

Very true
Chop Knuckle.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by HQuadreal: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
sharone21:

Same thing in Abeokuta, Ogun State but not throughout the day.

Hun hun.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by fizopumpin: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
Since 23rd night we have no interrupted power supply here at mushin generally.....kudos to PHCN.. I know after Christmas period blackout is knocking..
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by horhlyray(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
Anwons:
Here in Eleme, Rivers State, the LGA Chairman had to visit their state office at Trans-Amadi few days before Christmas where he was told that Local Government is about 1.4 billion billion naira.

Men, hmmm, for light we have not been seeing? But the good thing is that they brought the light yesterday (25th) morning.
it's been pretty good here in governor's road area of ikotun in lagos.infact over stable dey worry d light sef
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by guru90: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Constant Light in my house.....
Light type: Generator light......
No hope on Nepa light at all in my Territory.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by fabolouz1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Superb.
I,am not supposed to praise the service providers because it's a paid service but honestly PHED has surpass my expectations.
For some weeks now it's been 15 hours minimum daily.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by jerrykk(m): 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
here in Bariga,there have been light for the past 7 days since 12am friday .they only took it twice and it was restored in less than 5 mins.I am still enjoying the light
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by guru90: 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
ollydee:
the light has been stable here since they called off the strike

Where?
For this 9ja...

or U mean generator light.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Buffalo2(m): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Better @ Bells, Ota
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by tolagbemi: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
The entire Southern Senatorial district of Ondo State hasn’t seen electricity between 5 to 10 years. BEDC under the leadership of Funke Odubosu don’t care. Our politicians who are supposed to be our representatives including Governor, our Senator, the House of Representatives and the members of House of state assembly are not doing anything.
We are wishing ourselves best of luck in the new year and of possible in the new Decade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by nextstep(m): 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
For our estate, transformer has been out of action for nearly 5 months... we don contribute money but till today, no light.

As for me personally, I've been enjoying uninterrupted solar power for years now. It's not a big system, but enough so I can see at night, charge my devices, and pump water.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Mentoli: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
christmas or not we enjoy 23-24hours light everyday ,lafiya in Adamawa
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by lookmangiw(m): 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Here in Ebute Metta of Lagos Mainland, 10 pm to 6 am is certain for sometime now but for this Xmas period, they have been giving us at least 4 hours in the afternoon. That's like average of 12 hours per day. This is not commendable, considering the fact that I got times 6 of my regular estimated bill last month
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Liveagain: 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bedwyr:
Very good actually

But one thing Nigerians have to realize

We generate 7000MW on a good day...a really good day.

We need about an additional 40000 mw before we can see good power.

And it is going to cost a lot of money.

7000MW...of which 2000mw is lost due to a bad transmission system, isn't going to supply light 24/7 for 200million people.

MODIFIED

Most African countries basically supply power to selected regions, and leave the rest in darkness. That's what the DISCOS and GENCOS are doing codedly in Nigeria.
We have the capacity to generate 7000MW. But we don't have the capacity to transmit and distribute that amount. If the 7000MW can be available, almost every one will have light
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by freethesheeple(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
HQuadreal:

#Happy boxing day

May thunder fire the Nepa man that swicthes off our light every five minute.
Never had light since 24 till today and when it finally came in the afternoon;it never lasted for 5 minute and has gone.
Nornal day;light go come stay On for 15 minutes and disappears for 20Hours....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by HQuadreal: 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
freethesheeple:

May thunder fire the Nepa man that swicthes off our light every five minute.
Never had light since 24 till today and when it finally came in the afternoon;it never lasted for 5 minute and has gone.
Nornal day;light go come stay On for 15 minutes and disappears for 20Hours....

See as dem dey do una as if na 5min s*x?
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by ShitStain(m): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
Excellent...we've had close to 24hrs light for the past 3 days now!...long may it continue o grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by smudge2079(m): 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
48 hours of blackout... Detty December indeed.
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by Blessedchild24(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Jtown 24/7
Re: What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? by tsephanyah(f): 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
odinga1of:

Madam you be aid workers for North East?
yep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strike: IGP Orders Implementation Of New Salary Structure For Police / Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn / APC Goes For Broke In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.