Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity (634 Views)

Christianity Is Anti Modern-feminism And Red Pill / The Rapport Between Neuro-science And Christianity / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
Whenever I spot status updates and accompanying comments on social media, characteristically controversial, on Christianity intended to pique the curiousness of readers, I just wonder. It is either the authors are unaware Christianity and its associated practises are 100% embodied in faith or they know but choose to feign ignorance in order to appear intellectual. Contents of my social media timeline, including Nairaland, in the past few days compel me to correct an impression.

Left entirely or somewhat to our reason to evaluate, the Christian faith would unsuccessfully withstand probing questions. It is almost inevitable that an it-does-not-make-sense conclusion is bound to follow. What makes matters about tithe, monogamy, Christ Jesus' Godhood status and birth date, union of a couple in a Church by a clergy and other related topics prone to divide opinions, make sense is suspending of your reason and leaning on having faith or surmising, that is, suppose without evidence. Bear in mind that is a choice. But it is no license to be gullible, hence having personal knowledge of its vade mecum, manual, Holy Bible is unavoidable. Any attempt to fully or partly rationalize the Christian ways is a recipe for gruelling debates which often end up missing the bull's eye.

Having been exposed to tens of philosophies about the irrationality of God, Jesus and Christian culture, I'm least surprised about this assessment for it ought to be so, since human reason is the scale. It would be abnormal if being Christian adds up through reason's eyes. So, Christianity makes sense faith-wise because it makes little or no sense reason-wise. If human reason could grasp God unaided, the mystery of His Being would fizzle out, placing Him in same category with conventional existents knowable with our rational faculty. Mystery distinguishes God, and faith grants any willing person access to both understand and relish it. This is commonly misunderstood.

Well, unknown to sceptics and emerging ones on social media, their rational efforts reveal nothing new and disprove nothing, because Christianity through the Holy Bible argues with faith as its key, not reason. Disproving what is not asserted indicates a gap in understanding. Dear Christians, both actual and intending, and atheists, kindly take note.

©Kaycee Naze,
Rational Pen.

Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
CC:Lalasticlala
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Kayceenaz:
cc: lalasticlala

Your write-up would be quite difficult or 'purposefully' vague to many. I found my eyes lazily strolling through it and I pretty much zoned out with nothing to connect with. Adapt it for general reading and comprehension.

1 Like

Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
Dignity5:

Your write-up would be quite difficult or 'purposefully' vague to many. I found my eyes lazily strolling through it and I pretty much zoned out with nothing to connect with. Adapt it for general reading and comprehension.
11:16pm says sleepiness is very likely responsible for understandability of my write-up being elusive to you. Kindly re-read.
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
cc:lalasticlala
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 1:33am On Dec 30, 2019
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
cc: Lalasticlala, I just saw a post on front page riddled with scepticism about the validity of God and His ways. Incidentally, my post addresses the matter and promises to clarify the basis of the Christian faith, especially as it relates to faith and reason. Kindly forward to front page. Thank you.
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2019
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 12:59am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: The Triangle Of Faith, Reason, And Christianity by Kayceenaz(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Wife Dies During 2 Months Fasting And Prayer With Family In Delta State / ... / This Is What Happens When You Fail Exam In A Nigerian Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.