Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs (4780 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Employers Request Irrelevant Information? / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / Types Of Spirits That Make Nigerian Youths Mentally Lazy And Unproductive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by nanaman(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2019
The problem most of us (youths) have is that, we wait till we graduate before we decide the next step. It is better you check your strengths and weekness while in school and build on it.

Like someone put up there, I am jack of all trade. While in school, I bought the thumb print gadget here on NL, got a sincere guy that sold Jamb recharge cards and viola, I stated registration for regularization. My own was even the cheapest and I was close to so many students. I raked in good cash.

I later realized, my people are lazy, I capitalize on that to start doing group assignments, projects and the likes. Till date, I still get contacted to do all these jobs while still hustling to get a job.

I also learnt travelling runs while I stayed in Lagos with a friend, and God has used me to get 8 people into US and Canada. I can call it luck but it worked due to mastering of some basic stuffs. In traveling, there are lots of hidden jobs if you're trustworthy. Till date, those folks abroad give me clients.

I learnt writing on NL. I did some little writings on NL. Still busy with some projects now. When am done with projects, I go back to writing.

I have done little buying and selling. I started with harddrives. I get it a cheap rate here and sell to students and lectures.

Presently, learning how to transcribe.

Op, lots of ways to survive as a youth. I would give you a joker that has been working for me all these while.

You see NL, it's full of many opportunities, check yourself and try to lay your hands to anything that you like. Check all the forums and see where you can learn. Don't rush and don't be hasty to make big money. It would come gradually at least to pay bills till you get a job and evem when you get one, it would continue to be a side hustle.

I can tell you that, I owe this platform alot. I have assisted few but I wish it was much bigger. Oneday, I would do something big to appreciate NL.

Hustle continues.

12 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Liposure: 7:39am On Dec 27, 2019
Abeg who dey stay 4 ota
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by alexsoftwork(m): 8:05am On Dec 27, 2019
helinues:
Not only not having jobs, adding more kids while jobless
Abiooo! Like one man in my area that has 7 kids, the man wife na puff puff she only they sell.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by timothydgreat: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2019
oboy81:

Some nigerians are hardwired yes deoends on the area.
The only Job i Could do atm is to teach, but the thought of teaching in A Nigerian Private Secondary School alone is Sad to me, i just Can't work there at all, at alllllll
The money i get from "german german" is still equivalent even higher than that
which one bi German German, mak boys follow do

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by AlwaysConfused: 8:42am On Dec 27, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
I survive writing for various blogs even though the pay is poor. Imagine writing 1 naira per word... 800words is equivalent to 800naira. Can you imagine the mental effort and time demanding such write up could be?? Yet, atimes after collection our write up, some will block us on whatsapp.

Christmas went just like that but I am hoping to get a gig, before new year... Make I fit buy Malt or very chilled coke. Man must survive

thats what fela called DOUBLE WHALAH FOR DEADI BODYI

Have you tried writing for foreign clients? Clients that are ready to pay you up to $50 per 1,000 words. Although that price is on the low side of the spectrum, it will be a big upgrade to your current pay of N1/word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Babawon1: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2019
I own a computer shop in front of public school. I dey make money when they are active. and made non when they are on holiday. am waiting for their resumption

6 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by babzlim(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2019
Is called street love.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Chapter1vs6(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2019
AlwaysConfused:

Have you tried writing for foreign clients? Clients that are ready to pay you up to $50 per 1,000 words. Although that price is on the low side of the spectrum, it will be a big upgrade to your current pay of N1/word.
i email them but they don't respond and I don't get it on fiver too
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by eventsmallchops: 9:26am On Dec 27, 2019
very terrible!
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by africandictator(m): 9:49am On Dec 27, 2019
Op we should even ask how they get data to even come online??
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by mu2sa2: 10:05am On Dec 27, 2019
Some people are working but would say they're are unemployed.We have to redefine unemployment. Take this B.sc (Science Education) holder who claims to be employed because he doesn't hold a brief case and head for office every morning. This a guy that's a master "cake boy" and rakes in more money from delivering beautiful home-made cakes than any employer can pay him. Is this guy unemployed in the real sense of the word?
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Chapter1vs6(m): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2019
AlwaysConfused:

Have you tried writing for foreign clients? Clients that are ready to pay you up to $50 per 1,000 words.
can you explain how to go about it
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Coldie(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
I am extremely frustrated cause if lack of job but I keep trying cny best to survive. I tried travelling to Germany but the country is not trying.

I own a bar/lounge, a super market, a betting shop, a business centre and soon to be salon and laundry.

I am trying to manage so I can get a job but its not coming through especially if u come out with 2.2 I would apply for a masters program.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by jay169: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Coldie:
I am extremely frustrated cause if lack of job but I keep trying cny best to survive. I tried travelling to Germany but the country is not trying.

I own a bar/lounge, a super market, a betting shop, a business centre and soon to be salon and laundry.

I am trying to manage so I can get a job but its not coming through especially if u come out with 2.2 I would apply for a masters program.
With all this you are still hoping for a job? Man you need financial education, look around.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by herzernIsHere: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
timothydgreat:

which one bi German German, mak boys follow do
What he (the guy you quoted) meant by "Jama Jama" are : temporary jobs that are not sustainable. Example is a contract job for transporting materials or something else.

These jobs are not consistent but when they come, they take care of feeding.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Coldie(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
jay169:

With all this you are still hoping for a job? Man you need financial education, look around.
I have guys working in oil companies, Fg, state, banks who earn more

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by herzernIsHere: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Coldie:

Are you fuçking kidding me?

Bros, how many mouths you dey feed? shocked

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by churchee: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
kings59:
There is no need to form online or on a social media, the truth is that I haven't gotten a job.

I reside in lagos, I do apply for jobs, but I haven't gotten any.

I just hope i get one.

I wish to work in a bank, to be a banker or work in a telecom company. Sincerely, I am very hard working, I don't joke with punctuality, i even work under stress. I font allow personal reasons to affect me.

I do pray also, with faith, prayers and being optimistic, I am gonna make it.

graduated 2015, served October 2016 - Nov 2017.

I hope 2020 would bring good news.

Sorry man, it will be fine. Patience while praying will help you push on till you hit that jackpot Job.

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Skinnienigga(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
Liposure:
Abeg who dey stay 4 ota

I dey Ota oh.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Coldie(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
herzernIsHere:

Are you fuçking kidding me?

Bros, how many mouths you dey feed? shocked
U can't imagine the level of brain drain am going through and all. To make sure I maintain profit level and pay staff

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Liposure: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Skinnienigga:

I dey Ota oh.
i go PM u.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Mrshape: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
Coldie:

A bar at least #50k a supermarket at least #100k a betting shope at least #100k a business center at least #50K, and if laundry add to it at least #100 profit total #400K all this can be running without your physical presence.

And you still day look for state, fG job?
Is like you village people just bought a new sound system with high grade speaker.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Coldie(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mrshape:

A bar at least #50k a supermarket at least #100k a betting shope at least #100k a business center at least #50K, and if laundry add to it at least #100 profit total #400K all this can be running without your physical presence.

And you still day look for state, fG job?
Is like you village people just bought a new sound system with high grade speaker.
I pray o... My earnings is BTW 200k minimum to 350k maximum it goes up and down BTW the 2 figures

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by timothydgreat: 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2019
herzernIsHere:

What he (the guy you quoted) meant by "Jama Jama" are : temporary jobs that are not sustainable. Example is a contract job for transporting materials or something else.

These jobs are not consistent but when they come, they take care of feeding.
Okkkk, I now understand, Oboy81 abeg put me through, mak we dey jam am dey go
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
nanaman:
The problem most of us (youths) have is that, we wait till we graduate before we decide the next step. It is better you check your strengths and weekness while in school and build on it.

Like someone put up there, I am jack of all trade. While in school, I bought the thumb print gadget here on NL, got a sincere guy that sold Jamb recharge cards and viola, I stated registration for regularization. My own was even the cheapest and I was close to so many students. I raked in good cash.

I later realized, my people are lazy, I capitalize on that to start doing group assignments, projects and the likes. Till date, I still get contacted to do all these jobs while still hustling to get a job.

I also learnt travelling runs while I stayed in Lagos with a friend, and God has used me to get 8 people into US and Canada. I can call it luck but it worked due to mastering of some basic stuffs. In traveling, there are lots of hidden jobs if you're trustworthy. Till date, those folks abroad give me clients.

I learnt writing on NL. I did some little writings on NL. Still busy with some projects now. When am done with projects, I go back to writing.

I have done little buying and selling. I started with harddrives. I get it a cheap rate here and sell to students and lectures.

Op, lots of ways to survive as a youth. I would give you a joker that has been working for me all these while.

You see NL, it's full of many opportunities, check yourself and try to lay your hands to anything that you like. Check all the forums and see where you can learn. Don't rush and don't be hasty to make big money. It would come gradually at least to pay bills till you get a job and evem when you get one, it would continue to be a side hustle.

I can tell you that, I owe this platform alot. I have assisted few but I wish it was much bigger. Oneday, I would do something big to appreciate NL.

Hustle continues.

Please bro can you put me through on how I can be doing jamb and waec registration, please
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Brymo4all(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
nanaman:

Hustle continues.

Please can you give me a writing job?
I'd really appreciate that.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Brymo4all(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
AlwaysConfused:

Can you link me to a good writing job?

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Onos866: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Nnaemiemax:

2020 would definitely be your year by the grace and mercy of God in Jesus name.

Amen.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by nanaman(m): 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Brymo4all:

Please can you give me a writing job?
I'd really appreciate that.

My jobs are from internal caucus and friends (B. Sc and M. Sc) projects. The other is from Upwork and nairalanders. However, whenever I get one, I'd give you shot.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Akosxxx(m): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
It's not been easy o.
I started real job hunting Nov last year after POP & since then its been from one Teaching job to another.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Brymo4all(m): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2019
nanaman:

Thank you Sir
My jobs are from internal caucus and friends (B. Sc and M. Sc) projects. The other is from Upwork and nairalanders. However, whenever I get one, I'd give you shot.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by oboy81: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2019
I have A Skill, though still working umder a Boss/master. I do Inhouse aluminuims and Painting. But Jobs are Not forthcoming and when they do they small and these people don't pay well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Port Authority (ONNE) / Massive Recruitment For Key Distributors At CHI Limited, July 2018 / Brisin Applicants Whatsapp Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.