Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

The Islamic Perspective On Feminism - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism (10696 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by lovat(m): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2020
Abdulhakeem78:

Please, learn to sound like intellectual, you know nothing when it comes to anything of Glorious Qur'an. Why mentioning it?
Stop abusing the word GLORIOUS. the Quran needs to be looked into and those verses that are not in tuned with the modern world should be removed

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by ContractKiller: 11:19am On Jan 03, 2020
What atrocities have Christians committed against women. Can you be specific?

TheSourcerer:
I'm neither a Christain nor Muslim let me rest both books should not be used in modern times , they both have attrocities committed against the women folks

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by justli: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

I think you are the one who's being deceived as women can very well protect themselves, though that's not my point.

How can men protect women from men?
Shouldn't the men just stop behaving like pigs?

The "men are pig " line, exposes you for what you are: a bitter man hating ugly feminist.

May be your father is a big (not my words, but yours). But some of us are from honourable homes with the father as a role model

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2020
ContractKiller:
What atrocities have Christians committed against women. Can you be specific?

Ephesians 5:22-24 ...wives should submit to their husbands etc.
1 Timothy 2:11-15 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent etc.
1 Corinthians 14:33-35 ...women should remain silent in the churches (and following).
1 Corinthians 11:3-16 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man (and following).
Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Peter 3:1-6 Wives in the same way be submissive to your husbands (and following).
Titus 2: 4-5 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands so that no one will malign the word of God.
There are instances of rape ,forced marriage, and incest also in the Bible

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheExecutioner: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2020
None of these mention wife beating like Quran 4:34.

Asking a wife to be be submissive to her husband is one thing.

Threatening her with violence if she refused to submit is another thing entirely.

So show me where the Bible specifically instructed husbands to beat their wives like in the koran?

Also show me in the Bible where God authorised rape, incest and forced marriage.

I'm waiting.

TheSourcerer:
Ephesians 5:22-24 ...wives should submit to their husbands etc.
1 Timothy 2:11-15 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent etc.
1 Corinthians 14:33-35 ...women should remain silent in the churches (and following).
1 Corinthians 11:3-16 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man (and following).
Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Peter 3:1-6 Wives in the same way be submissive to your husbands (and following).
Titus 2: 4-5 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands so that no one will malign the word of God.
There are instances of rape ,forced marriage, and incest also in the Bible

3 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:

Threatening her with violence if she refused to submit is another thing entirely.

So show me where the Bible specifically instructed husbands to beat their wives like in the koran?

Also show me in the Bible where God authorised rape, incest and forced marriage.

I'm waiting.

There are several clear cases of incest in the Old Testament.Lot, Abraham’s nephew, begat two sons by his own daughters while in a drunken stupor (Genesis 19:30-35).Moses recorded the sordid act as a matter of history, but there is no sanction of the sin in the sacred text.In fact it is placed in a decidedly negative light.Ruben was intimate with Bilhah, his father’s concubine (Genesis 35:22) — a shameful act that was condemned and penalized (Genesis 49:4). Amnon, one of David’s sons, committed incest/rape against his half-sister, Tamar (2 Samuel 13:7-14), and, as a consequence, was murdered later by the order of Absalom, Tamar’s full brother (2 Samuel 13).
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:

I'm waiting.

you're a Muslim yes?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by cafolu: 11:48am On Jan 03, 2020
aadoiza:

I believe it happens everywhere, when some guys would jump into fight just to save a woman they've never met. I even remember many years ago, before this bitter Feminism, how the big Bros for our area saved a Ghanaian girl from being raped by some touts. I remember when my older bro lead a lady, who prior to this was not on friendly terms with my bro, to a guy's house who had earlier slapped this lady. She could not do nothing, but cried uncontrollably amidst her many brothers.
My macho bro cheesy showed up, lead them all to the guy's for the lady to return the slap.

I remember when oshodi was yet oshodi in the mid 90s, not the butty oshodi we have now, how the presence of my same big bro, and his big black pugilist knuckles saved our oldest sis from being mugged right in open at oshodi.

I also remember when a lady beat up a conductor at pero b/stop, Agege. Who taught her how to fight? A man, buda.

If you grew up in a tough hood you go understand.

The point is that if the initial male aggressors had not behaved like entitled pigs by either attempting to rape, mug or slap the female victims, your mighty bro would not have had any need to go avenging and saving any situation. That is why budaatum said, some men should simply stop being hard headed pigs. You should be able to address those evil perpetrators that simply took advantage of a female instead of just praising your brother for correcting a situation also damaged by fellow men-folk!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by abkyero(m): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2020
lovat:
Can you imagine the Quran asking women to be beaten lightly for demanding for equal rights?

Seriously the Quran has no place in the modern world because it's too filled with violence and molestation
you have little knowledge on Qur'an. The same Allah that created you without consulting you or your parents and now you are going against his words (Qur'an). You better repent and seek more knowledge on what Qur'an is.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheExecutioner: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2020
The question is what is the position of the Biblical God on incest?

Does He endorse it?

Leviticus 18:6-7 “You must never have sexual relations with a close relative, for I am the LORD. “Do not violate your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; you must not have sexual relations with her.

Leviticus 18:8-10 “Do not have sexual relations with any of your father’s wives, for this would violate your father. “Do not have sexual relations with your sister or half sister, whether she is your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born into your household or someone else’s. “Do not have sexual relations with your granddaughter, whether she is your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, for this would violate yourself.

Leviticus 18:11-17 “Do not have sexual relations with your stepsister, the daughter of any of your father’s wives, for she is your sister. “Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister, for she is your father’s close relative. “Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, for she is your mother’s close relative. “Do not violate your uncle, your father’s brother, by having sexual relations with his wife, for she is your aunt. “Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law; she is your son’s wife, so you must not have sexual relations with her. “Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife, for this would violate your brother. Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. And do not take her granddaughter, whether her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, and have sexual relations with her. They are close relatives, and this would be a wicked act.

Deuteronomy 27:20 Cursed is anyone who has sexual intercourse with one of his father’s wives, for he has violated his father.’ And all the people will reply, ‘Amen.’

So once again, show me where in the Bible, The God Of Christianity specifically commands His people to engage in incest.

I'm still waiting.

TheSourcerer:
There are several clear cases of incest in the Old Testament.Lot, Abraham’s nephew, begat two sons by his own daughters while in a drunken stupor (Genesis 19:30-35).Moses recorded the sordid act as a matter of history, but there is no sanction of the sin in the sacred text.In fact it is placed in a decidedly negative light.Ruben was intimate with Bilhah, his father’s concubine (Genesis 35:22) — a shameful act that was condemned and penalized (Genesis 49:4). Amnon, one of David’s sons, committed incest/rape against his half-sister, Tamar (2 Samuel 13:7-14), and, as a consequence, was murdered later by the order of Absalom, Tamar’s full brother (2 Samuel 13).

4 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheExecutioner: 11:56am On Jan 03, 2020
God forbid bad thing! I'm a Christian.

TheSourcerer:
you're a Muslim yes?

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Khub: 11:56am On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:

I'm waiting.

maybe you should check again, because quran 4:34 says "men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for support of women). so good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. as for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and chastise then. then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Allah is ever high exalted, great." so where is the 'threaten them with violence'

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Yomidee(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
MuslimHowto:

Let’s check with history. Before the advent of Islam, women were not values in society. They were treated like slaves and sex slaves. Whoever gave birth to a female child saw it as bad luck and had to bury the child alive. Women were denied their rights and had no right to inherit.

They were also properties to be inherited.
With the advent of Islam, these practices were wiped away. Women were given the right to inherit; the practice of burying women alive was stopped. Islam raised the status of women and women became valuable and precious in society. On the other hand, Islam did justice by making the share of a male equal the share of two females in inheritance.

This is because men are burdened with greater responsibilities than women. Women themselves are among the responsibilities of men. So, the responsibilities of men cannot be compared with that of women. Here Islam did justice, not equality.

source: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2019/10/islamic-perspective-on-feminism.html

Muslims tell lies with ease without regards to been historically factual, I grew up to know most of my Alfa stories were all fable.

According to Islamic history sources, the first wife of Muhammad, Khadija, was a prosperous business woman who proposed to Muhammad (as opposed to being proposed to). They additionally say the wife of his chief-rival, Abu Sufyan (Hind), was politically active and was present at the Battle of Badr including conflicting accounts of her personally defiling the body of one of Muhammad's uncles.

So please try to use fact, and don't use this term [s]"before the advent of Islam, women were not valued in society"[/s] better use this before the advent of Islam, women were not valued in Barbaric Arabian Society .

one last thing, if we men control ourselves, no woman go need protection (you want award for quenching fire wey you start?)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:
God forbid bad thing! I'm a Christian.

for some reason your profile says this

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheExecutioner: 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
Would you like me to do something about it? cheesy

TheSourcerer:
for some reason your profile says this
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
lol I can't just take you seriously in a skirt
I don't take pigs seriously at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:
The question is what is the position of the Biblical God on incest?

Does He endorse it?

Leviticus 18:6-7 “You must never have sexual relations with a close relative, for I am the LORD. “Do not violate your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; you must not have sexual relations with her.

Leviticus 18:8-10 “Do not have sexual relations with any of your father’s wives, for this would violate your father. “Do not have sexual relations with your sister or half sister, whether she is your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born into your household or someone else’s. “Do not have sexual relations with your granddaughter, whether she is your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, for this would violate yourself.

Leviticus 18:11-17 “Do not have sexual relations with your stepsister, the daughter of any of your father’s wives, for she is your sister. “Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister, for she is your father’s close relative. “Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, for she is your mother’s close relative. “Do not violate your uncle, your father’s brother, by having sexual relations with his wife, for she is your aunt. “Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law; she is your son’s wife, so you must not have sexual relations with her. “Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife, for this would violate your brother. Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. And do not take her granddaughter, whether her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, and have sexual relations with her. They are close relatives, and this would be a wicked act.

Deuteronomy 27:20 Cursed is anyone who has sexual intercourse with one of his father’s wives, for he has violated his father.’ And all the people will reply, ‘Amen.’

So once again, show me where in the Bible, The God Of Christianity specifically commands His people to engage in incest.

I'm still waiting.

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
It goes on , I don't like reading this gory book I'm sure if you read through it you will encounter some yourself and these are just factions relating to women
Imagine a god saying it's okay to beat a slave in Deteronomy,
I know these won't change your mindset ....but it's a shower thought

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Myde4naija:
how many of those girls do we have?
Some. More when we stop indoctrinating most to be weak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by PeacenLove2: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
aadoiza:

Na wa for you self. You're making shoddy inferences. Result of too much unnecessary emotion.

Feminism shouldn't be tantamount to filling your breast with abhorrence towards men. It shouldn't be about equality but rather about equity. Yes, buda, women will never be equal to men, but that does not mean they can't operate on equal footing with men.

By the way, if one were to gingerly observe this bloody shenanigans being propagated by man-wannabe loopy feminists—intending to cage men—the implicit dishonesty and the perversion of divine order being marketed in such an unsavoury endeavour would manifest even to the most blinkered to realities.

Your pathetic feminism is hate-hinged, and a seemly avenue to bring forth needless acrimony and bewilderment in an already well-established, well-understood and wholesome symbiosis. Any flimsy attempt to scuttle or truncate that Godly age-old relationship shall be met with revulsion and deemed satanically-demonic and demonically-satanic.

For the love of God, why do you want to feel as though you are above another human being just because of what you have between your legs? Why does equality scare you so?

You can go ahead and keep spreading falsity about feminism. Any genuine, honest human being would be able to see past their bias and prejudice. Feminism isn't a battle with men, it's calling on humanity to be humane to their fellow human beings regardless of their gender. You will admit that patriachy places women at a disadvantage. We see different levels from different societies. How can you have equity when you don't even think an adult female is an equal of an adult male. What is just about that?

Feminism is against discrimination of any kind. Like I always say, if Racism is bad, we all should be able to see why Sexism is just as bad if not worst. Men and women need to give Feminists a break. You don't have to agree with them but enough of the name calling. It's very normal, many will be at the wrong side of history. The few whites who fought along side the Blacks were mocked and marked. We had the house slaves too who were already brainwashed to accept their fate as Slaves but for those who stood their ground, we are here today better off.

Yes I have seen and heard some Feminists go over board, we all can't react the same way to issues. We have radicals in every sect be it political, social or religious groups. But the main issue is US. We need to come together as one, men and women and fight oppression everywhere and every form it takes. Men and Women can co-exist better as equals. It shouldn't be a competition. Every human being should have the right to self-determination without fear. Then we can begin to talk about a just society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
demsy21:
See... What people call "superior" and "inferior" pertaining the men and women's topic are relative terminology i'd rather not like to use for obvious reasons. The right terms from what i understand in the scriptures is "privilege" and ''responsibilities". Look, in islam, there are some things women are allowed to do , men can't do it, vice versa. Women can use necklaces, chains, jewelries, perfumes, etc while men are not allowed such. At the other side, men can go to the cemetery, recite the Quran loudly inside the mosque and do other things while their female counterparts are forbidden to do. See, in islam, we don't ask the reasons behind, for we believe the Almighty knows what is best for us. We believe and full stop.
Those who don't ask questions don't learn and never gain understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

I don't take pigs seriously at all.
I'm not one haha
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
justli:

The "men are pig " line, exposes you for what you are: a bitter man hating ugly feminist.

May be your father is a big (not my words, but yours). But some of us are from honourable homes with the father as a role model
Did you voluntarily miss the "some men" or did I hit your spot?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheExecutioner:
Would you like me to do something about it? cheesy

well would be great but you're just gonna switch it to yaweh , so it's really not nessesary
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I'm not one haha
By their words we know pigs.

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

I'm a non binary beef
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

hmm your words says different from who you're portraying now , I swear nobody hates you

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
hmm your words says different from who you're portraying now , I swear nobody hates you
I swear too, nobody hates buda.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

I swear too, nobody hates buda.
are you Atheist Sir?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
TheSourcerer:
are you Atheist Sir?
Atheist theist would be a closer description after one year of being a theist after previously being an atheist from birth.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
OP, you did well.
Jazakum llahu Khairan.
Though, I was expecting something close to the video below.
Please watch this, MuslimHowto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85x0zVkss8Y

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheikh Baosari Haruna Dies At 93 (Chief Imam Of Ibadan) / Shia Ayatollah Issues Fatwa Permitting The Drinking Of Water During FASTING / Islamic Dress For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.