Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Islamic Perspective On Feminism - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism (10695 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective / Sex Dolls Or Our Women (An Islamic Perspective) -Hashimyussufamao. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by AntiChristian: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

The mummy pig, perhaps. but it's hard to blame mothers who buy into the patriarch system they were indoctrinated into. It is precisely that that feminism is against the most and why we fight for the enlightening of mothers that they are worthy human beings so they can educate their children to respect both males and females and treat them equally so their own daughters would be strong women.

And hopefully ladies will start wooing guys for marriage and dowries being rejected.

In the offices, let them cancel maternity leave as there is usually no equivalent for men!

Let the woman build themselves for tough and tougher jobs. Women are now driving danfo in Lagos. They can help dig borehole, Wells, soakaways, etc.

Everything men does, women should also try to do!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

And hopefully ladies will start wooing guys for marriage and dowries being rejected.

In the offices, let them cancel maternity leave as there is usually no equivalent for men!

Let the woman build themselves for tough and tougher jobs. Women are now driving danfo in Lagos. They can help dig borehole, Wells, soakaways, etc.

Everything men does, women should also try to do!

Soakaway digging is not for everyone, not all men do it; besides, doctors, lawyers, accountants et al is what we train for and not dirty jobs like that.

Men get paternity leave in some countries and both father, child and mother benefit from it as it helps the father bond and enables the mother to rest more since father helps out. We too can aspire.

https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by AntiChristian: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Soakaway digging is not for everyone, not all men do it; besides, doctors, lawyers, accountants et al is what we train for and not dirty jobs like that.

Men get paternity leave in some countries and both father, child and mother benefit from it as it helps the father bond and enables the mother to rest more since father helps out. We too can aspire.

https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave

I'm a Nigeria o! I need feminist ladies to woo me for marriage and no dowries! Do you think we can get there anytime soon?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Khaleell001(m): 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

Accountants, lawyers, teachers, doctors, all of us bossing men thank you very much.

We don't all have to kill people to prove our worth.

Now yiu don't want to kill to prove your worth yet the men you call pigs are the ones keeping you safe day and night and yet you carry those itchy fingers to call what (your father's chromosome XY) made you who you are today pig(s)?

Is this what feminism turn you guys to?

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Jazakhallahu khayran
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Khaleell001:

Now yiu don't want to kill to prove your worth yet the men you call pigs are the ones keeping you safe day and night and yet you carry those itchy fingers to call what (your father's chromosome XY) made you who you are today pig(s)?

Is this what feminism turn you guys to?
No man is keeping me safe! If I can't keep myself safe I wouldn't get a pig, I'd get a dog!
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

I'm a Nigeria o! I need feminist ladies to woo me for marriage and no dowries! Do you think we can get there anytime soon?
I'm sure we would. There's lots of women looking for houseboys even now.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
erenax:
Is it acceptable to beat your wife in Islam? I once saw a post that said Prophet Muhammad beat his wife when she was non-compliant. How true is it?
The Hadith i think you saw and misinterpreted below.

The Hadith was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), who said:

When it was my night when the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was with me, he came in and took off his cloak, took off his shoes and put them by his feet, spread the edge of his waist wrapper on his bed and lay down. He waited until he thought that I had gone to sleep, then he picked up his cloak slowly, put on his shoes slowly, opened the door slowly, and went out, then he closed it slowly. I put my chemise over my head and veiled myself, and wrapped my waist wrapper around me, then I set out following him, until he reached al-Baqee‘ where he stood for a long time, then he raised his hands three times. Then he set off, so I set off, then he hastened, so I hastened, then he jogged, so I jogged, then he ran so I ran, then I reached home before him and went in. No sooner had I laid down but he came in and said: “What is the matter, O ‘Aa’ishah? Why are you out of breath?” I said: It is nothing. He said: “Either you tell me or the Subtle One, the All-Aware will tell me.” I said: O Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you! And I told him. He said: “So you were the person that I saw in front of me?” I said: Yes. He gave me a painful shove on the chest, then he said: “Did you think that Allah and His Messenger would be unjust to you?” She said: Whatever the people conceal, Allah knows it; yes. He said: “Jibreel came to me when you saw. He called me but he concealed it from you, and I answered him but I concealed it from you. He would not enter upon you when you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep and I did not want to wake you up, and I was afraid that you might be frightened. He said: “Your Lord is commanding you to go to the people of al-Baqee’ and pray for forgiveness for them.” I said: What should I say to them, O Messenger of Allah? He said: “Say: Peace be upon the people of these abodes, believers and Muslims. May Allah have mercy on those of us who have gone on before and those who come later, and we will – if Allah wills – join you soon.”

Narrated by Muslim, 974

Explanation:
The words of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), “he gave me a painful shove in the chest” indicate that what the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did was merely a shove, i.e., he pushed her or poked her in the chest; this does not reach the level of real hitting that is intended to cause pain and to humiliate.

All of these meanings indicate that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did not hit her in the sense meant by those who want to cast aspersions upon him; rather he poked her or pushed her in the chest in such a way that she felt pain, but it was mild and unintended pain.

Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) have never beat his wife.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2020

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Solorrman(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2020
budaatum:
You do not need to protect women if you men stop behaving like pigs, and the entire idea of feminism is to make men human. You are after all called to protect women from yourselves, no?

Since you men refuse to protect women from yourselves, women shall gang up as feminists and protect themselves until you men stop behaving like pigs.
are more than a monkey a little as 1 percent since u believe a guy (Jesus Christ) to be ur god,it's only in christianashit that God came with fully functional,carry-go,follow-come anus and penix. A God that goes to toilet is a shameful kind of a God ,u as human don't want me saying ur mother is in the toilet shhitting but u believe some one can go to toilet to urinate and shiit to be a God . U are not mad but extra ordinary incredible animal with structure like men,even Indian idol worshippers do not depict penis in their gods statues. It's only Jesus Christ which was depicted as a God but came out touching a vagina. This i tell u no one before or now can say what i said is a lie,no one.cross with their own hypocritical fanatics. undecided
we do not entertain fornication or any thing that leads to it. 76 percent of u guys are illegitimate,born before marriage and 60 percent of u thought the guy u grow see together with ur momma was ur father ,u are a fool ,go and ask her who was ur real father u may be surprised to hear her say ur father was hausa man who once came to ur town to sale cattles or a trader or a hausa man who was a trailer conductor because that's what most northern illitrates does in ur area because any woman u see is only 300 naira even if she is a pastor's wife
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Solorrman(m): 12:28am On Jan 04, 2020
lovat:
Can you imagine the Quran asking women to be beaten lightly for demanding for equal rights?

Seriously the Quran has no place in the modern world because it's too filled with violence and molestation
but the mini skirt ur mother wears is kind of a modern educated way abi ?are more than a monkey a little as 1 percent since u believe a guy (Jesus Christ) to be ur god,it's only in christianashit that God came with fully functional,carry-go,follow-come anus and penix. A God that goes to toilet is a shameful kind of a God ,u as human don't want me saying ur mother is in the toilet shhitting but u believe some one can go to toilet to urinate and shiit to be a God . U are not mad but extra ordinary incredible animal with structure like men,even Indian idol worshippers do not depict penis in their gods statues. It's only Jesus Christ which was depicted as a God but came out touching a vagina. This i tell u no one before or now can say what i said is a lie,no one.cross with their own hypocritical fanatics. undecided
we do not entertain fornication or any thing that leads to it. 76 percent of u guys are illegitimate,born before marriage and 60 percent of u thought the guy u grow see together with ur momma was ur father ,u are a fool ,go and ask her who was ur real father u may be surprised to hear her say ur father was hausa man who once came to ur town to sale cattles or a trader or a hausa man who was a trailer conductor because that's what most northern illitrates does in ur area because any woman u see is only 300 naira even if she is a pastor's wife
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Solorrman(m): 12:31am On Jan 04, 2020
ContractKiller:

Show me the chapter and verse where the Bible commands husbands to beat their wives as allah does in the koran.

but it let u fornicate even with ur brothers and sisters,ur mother wears mini skirt in the name of being educated in modern world in the process u all know how her pubic bush looks like because she is always unease because its unfit for her okoto thigh are more than a monkey a little as 1 percent since u believe a guy (Jesus Christ) to be ur god,it's only in christianashit that God came with fully functional,carry-go,follow-come anus and penix. A God that goes to toilet is a shameful kind of a God ,u as human don't want me saying ur mother is in the toilet shhitting but u believe some one can go to toilet to urinate and shiit to be a God . U are not mad but extra ordinary incredible animal with structure like men,even Indian idol worshippers do not depict penis in their gods statues. It's only Jesus Christ which was depicted as a God but came out touching a vagina. This i tell u no one before or now can say what i said is a lie,no one.cross with their own hypocritical fanatics. undecided
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 12:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Solorrman:
are more than a monkey a little as 1 percent since u believe ...

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:56am On Jan 04, 2020
erenax:
Is it acceptable to beat your wife in Islam? I once saw a post that said Prophet Muhammad beat his wife when she was non-compliant. How true is it?
Check out this link for complete info.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/164216/did-the-prophet-blessings-and-peace-of-allah-be-upon-him-ever-hit-his-wife-aaishah-may-allah-be-pleased-with-her
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by AntiChristian: 6:54am On Jan 04, 2020
budaatum:

I'm sure we would. There's lots of women looking for houseboys even now.

Houseboy that'll later become a tool of sexual satisfaction if the Oga is not available or not functioning properly!

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 7:02am On Jan 04, 2020
budaatum:

I do read my Bible and my Quran, but they say one must believe instead of gain understanding, so I do not qualify for either, according to some.
good morning crazy weather right . I'll like to email you.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by ContractKiller: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please accept my apologies. If course you're so right.

MOOSLIMS are so well behaved. Even the ones who wear hijabs and abayya are not fvcking around like dogs.

[img]https://images./4vwytnfjyG1M9OIRWaLaXI.gif[/img]

[img]https://images./3HNAXUtBeRVO0iHdF7g5q6.gif[/img]

Solorrman:
but it let u fornicate even with ur brothers and sisters,ur mother wears mini skirt in the name of being educated in modern world in the process u all know how her pubic bush looks like because she is always unease because its unfit for her okoto thigh are more than a monkey a little as 1 percent since u believe a guy (Jesus Christ) to be ur god,it's only in christianashit that God came with fully functional,carry-go,follow-come anus and penix. A God that goes to toilet is a shameful kind of a God ,u as human don't want me saying ur mother is in the toilet shhitting but u believe some one can go to toilet to urinate and shiit to be a God . U are not mad but extra ordinary incredible animal with structure like men,even Indian idol worshippers do not depict penis in their gods statues. It's only Jesus Christ which was depicted as a God but came out touching a vagina. This i tell u no one before or now can say what i said is a lie,no one.cross with their own hypocritical fanatics. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
OP, you did well.
Jazakum llahu Khairan.
Though, I was expecting something close to the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85x0zVkss8Y
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:
good morning crazy weather right . I'll like to email you.
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheExecutioner: 1:36am On Jan 06, 2020
Hahaha! Rape of female captives indeed! You seem to think the God of Christianity is like a certain god who is represented by a black stone.

You guys ability to lie and twist events out of context is nothing short of legendary! After all it was how your "religion" started!

Did God order anyone to commit rape in Judges 21:10-24?

Judges 21:10-24 contains God's wrath and punishment on the people of Jabesh Gilead precisely because they committed murder and rape.

Deuteronomy 21:14 EXPLICITLY forbids sexual slavery and rape of female captives

[img]https://images./1GHg1cFGjrehW94eUWz3eI.jpg[/img]

Maybe I'll never be able to understand the teachings of the Bobrisky "prophet" but the one thing that is crystal clear in my mind is that we don't worship the same God and my God operates on a much higher level of moral standards than yours.

[img]https://images./72TgcpFNK8HwkStMKllkys.jpg[/img]

TheSourcerer:
Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)
It goes on , I don't like reading this gory book I'm sure if you read through it you will encounter some yourself and these are just factions relating to women
Imagine a god saying it's okay to beat a slave in Deteronomy,
I know these won't change your mindset ....but it's a shower thought

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by true2god: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2020
TheExecutioner:
Hahaha! Rape of female captives indeed! You seem to think the God of Christianity is like a certain god who is represented by a black stone.

You guys ability to lie and twist events out of context is nothing short of legendary! After all it was how your "religion" started!

Judges 21:10-24 contains God's wrath and punishment on the people of Jabesh Gilead precisely because they committed murder and rape.

Maybe I'll never be able to understand the teachings of the Bobrisky "prophet" but the one thing that is crystal clear in my mind is that we don't worship the same God and my God operates on a much higher level of moral standards than yours.

You are a kafir, why didn't you quote the full hadith. See below.

Narrated by Ismail, narrated by his brother, narrated by Sulaiman, narrated by Hisham ibn Urwah, narrated by his father, narrated by Aisha who related that the wives of the prophet were divided into two groups. One group consisted of Aisha, Hafsa, Safiya and Sawdah while the other group consisted of Um Salamah and the rest of the women that belonged to the prophet. The Muslims had learned of the great love that the prophet had for Aisha so that if one of them had a gift he desired to give to the prophet, he would delay giving it until the prophet came to Aisha’s house.
Then the group who sided with Um Salamah came to Um Salamah and asked her to tell the prophet that he should command the people that if any of them had a gift to give to the prophet, they should give it him in whatever house of his wives the prophet was in at the time.

So Um Salamah went and talked with the prophet but he did not respond to her. When the group asked her what the prophet said she told them that he did not respond. So they asked her to go talk to him again until he responds… then the prophet said to her, Do not hurt me with Aisha, for the inspiration did not come upon me when I was in a women's garment [fee thawb imra’ah] except that of Aisha.
(Sahih Bukhari 2393)

Are you saying that Bobrisky got his inspiration from the prophet?
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by true2god: 7:27am On Jan 06, 2020
true2god:

Narrated by Ismail, narrated by his brother, narrated by Sulaiman, narrated by Hisham ibn Urwah, narrated by his father, narrated by Aisha who related that the wives of the prophet were divided into two groups. One group consisted of Aisha, Hafsa, Safiya and Sawdah while the other group consisted of Um Salamah and the rest of the women that belonged to the prophet. The Muslims had learned of the great love that the prophet had for Aisha so that if one of them had a gift he desired to give to the prophet, he would delay giving it until the prophet came to Aisha’s house.
Then the group who sided with Um Salamah came to Um Salamah and asked her to tell the prophet that he should command the people that if any of them had a gift to give to the prophet, they should give it him in whatever house of his wives the prophet was in at the time.

So Um Salamah went and talked with the prophet but he did not respond to her. When the group asked her what the prophet said she told them that he did not respond. So they asked her to go talk to him again until he responds… then the prophet said to her, Do not hurt me with Aisha, for the inspiration did not come upon me when I was in a women's garment [fee thawb imra’ah] except that of Aisha.
(Sahih Bukhari 2393)

This hadith is authentic because it has a 'chain' of narrations:

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abdel Wahab, narrated by Hamad, narrated by Hisham, narrated by his father who related that the people would present their gifts (to the prophet) when he was at Aisha’s house. The companions of Um Salamah said, “O Um Salamah! By Allah the people wait to give their gifts till it is Aisha’s day and we desire the good things just as Aisha does. So ask the prophet to command the people to give him his gifts in whatever house of his wives he may be in.” Um Salamah mentioned this to the prophet but would not respond to her. She repeated it a second time but he still would not respond to her, but on the third time he said, O Um Salama! Do not hurt me with Aisha; for by Allah, the inspiration did not descent on me while I was in the coverings (lihaf) of any of you (women) except Aisha.
(Sahih Bukhari 3941)
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheSourcerer: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2020
TheExecutioner:

I worship no God
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by TheExecutioner: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2020
This is what a "thawb" looks like

[img]https://images./6EXTGCwV89iC2FPMVXQKlt.jpg[/img]

And this is Bobrisky (a.k.a Idris Abdulwaris Okuneye) in hijab

[img]https://images./2urfQs63iDh64NwFxukdlc.jpg[/img]

No further commentgrin

true2god:

(Sahih Bukhari 2393)

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by YoungHunter: 9:55am On Feb 03, 2020
Sometimes I just wonder why Muslims take serious the words of a man who had sex with a 9 years old prepubescent girl in the Quran...

imagine swearing to an oath to comment on a thread..

Islam needs to be revised, at least with a new version. The book is too primitive and archaic for the modern day world.

1 Like

Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
lovat:
Can you imagine the Quran asking women to be beaten lightly for demanding for equal rights?

Seriously the Quran has no place in the modern world because it's too filled with violence and molestation
You do know that you are supposed to evolve your understanding, right?

If people read any religious book and don't advance their understanding some would be stoning adulterers and gay people and accept being slaves in the name of their gods!
Re: The Islamic Perspective On Feminism by budaatum: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
I see why men would be jealous.

Nicola Adams and girlfriend Ella Baig.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheikh Baosari Haruna Dies At 93 (Chief Imam Of Ibadan) / Shia Ayatollah Issues Fatwa Permitting The Drinking Of Water During FASTING / Islamic Dress For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.