Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong (63055 Views)

Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix / All Christmas Celebrations Canceled In Burkina Faso After Terrorist Attack / Two Million Hong Kong Protesters Politely Make Way For Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Crofton: 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
Tocheagle:
i stand with hong kong against annoying china

Wetin concern you for there ?
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Chidex50(m): 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

Nigeria is not the worst, I repeat Nigeria is not the worst country on Earth..
DO YOU understand THE POINT OF THE PROTEST? DON'T YOU KNOW WE'RE QUIET AS A GRAVEYARD IN DEMANDING THE RIGHT GOVERNANCE AND THAT'S WHY NOTHING IS WORKING COZ HER CITIZENS HERE ARE NOT READY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by dalass(f): 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
If it was Naija police..... Haba, many would be either dead, maimed, hospitalized or in jail by now.

cool cool
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
VANITY
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Crofton: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

Nigeria is the worst country in the world, make no mistake .

This protest has been on for Months and we haven't heard of heavy deaths, if it was in Nigeria, the number of deaths should be hitting hundreds already .

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Sulele04(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
Christians always like to use their own to disturb others, nah only dem sabi celebrate nah why dey dey seal churches always making noise deceive themselves we don't even know their God today nah Jesus dey dey pray to , tomorrow nah Holy spirit , another time nah Holy Mary after that one Jehovah
All in the name of Christmas they wan to disturb them China they should arrest them sef mtcheew
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by drlaykay(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
@ lalasticlala, seun
We will appreciate more of foreign news like this on the front page..
Thanks.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by stanluiz(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
ValCon888:
Hong Kong is being used as an American pawn to antagonize the Chinese.
Oil dey your head sir! America has a hand in Hong Kong protests.
They want want to use Hong Kong to destabilize China.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Princedapace(m): 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

Nigeria is actually the worse. At least they didn't use live bullets. U see how soldiers and police use live bullets on protesters, u will think it is a war scene. Nigeria is a disgrace to Satan.

If Nigerians have the type of quality of life these people have, we will never ever ever make noise.

In fact, we are simply asking our leaders to give ur electricity, give us water, give us roads, give us hospitals. U can eat the remaining money. We will survive. But these things are like rocket science to Nigerian leaders for over 40 years. Shame.

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by stanluiz(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
gnykelly:
they will learn... when they become another Libya with a democracy
No mind them. US will bombed democracy into them.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
ValCon888:

Stupid thought

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by ValCon888: 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
Plead:

Stupid thought
Instead of countering what i said with logical arguments you resort to insults.
Who's the stupid person between you and I?
I guess you know the answer.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Gbemiie: 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

One of the worst I believe
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Mutemenot(m): 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

It's not worst cos we accept our politicians and their cruelty against the masses
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Hypocrit: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=ValCon888 post=85244985]
Instead of countering what i said with logical arguments you resort to insults.
Who's the stupid person between you and I?
I guess you know the answer.[/quotewhat you said is the truth, usa openly supported the protest. What they initially demanded for have been granted them, but they further extended their demand, which is due to the influence by the west.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by lexy2014: 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

And u think Nigeria is better than hong Kong?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Hypocrit: 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Plead:

Stupid thought
Stupid but what he said is the truth.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by lexy2014: 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
ValCon888:

How's that? Who is using HK as a pawn?
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by osamz007: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
Amstupid:
u no stand wit borno undecided na another person country u dey stand for like mumu abi

Our soldiers sef dey run from borno na me go stand with them, as per who I be?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by dalass(f): 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
See better police.. Well kitted,!

Our own Police in the face of peaceful or even violet protests are usually exposed to anything protesters may shoot/ throw at them,.. Maybe it explains why they use live bullets freely on our citizens..

Anyhow, we just pray make God no allow person enter frustrated policemen's net...

They have little or no protection themselves.... Fact!
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Nwaonyishi69: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thank God it is not in Nigeria, else they will be declared rebels and smoked to death.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Lachynos2k2(m): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

Taaaaaaah!
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by americaninja1: 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

did u c any gunshot fired by police,
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Nthrone(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

No body said , Nigeria is the worst country, is just that it's getting worse day by day in Nigeria despite how blessed the country is.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Bluffly: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
MycroftHolmes:
These hong-kongers are firm in purpose, organized and sort-of united. Notwithstanding pressure from Chinese government, they are still unyielding.
That's the spirit of true patriotism. Keep protesting until the government hears them out.
I'm sure they will, soon enough.

Somewhere in Nigeria, a less rowdy protest would have caused our 'blood-hungry' police men to fire live bullets at protesters.
We're getting there...

But at this pace, it might take forever angry
HongKong is a nation
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by kennyjam: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
Sheuns:
If it were Nigeria you’ll hear “Five killed by stray bullets after protesters clash with police”.

and several injured and missing
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by sammirano: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hong Kong youths are deluded and corrupted by the US with financial gains to cause chaos against China. Well, I am happy because the PRC will never yield to some misguided demands. If only they try this in countries like Russia, people will be missing in their thousands.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by sammirano: 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bluffly:

HongKong is a nation

Nation ko national theatre ni. You better go and read well. Hong kong is China and will remain.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by MycroftHolmes: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bluffly:

HongKong is a nation

Not really a fully independent nation.
Some strings still connect them with China.
Do your research
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by grandstar(m): 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
The present Chinese president is simply too authoritarian. His kidnap of critics of the Chinese government from Hong Kong a few years ago unofficially ended the one country 2 systems or whatever its called policy. He's very intolerant of dissent and believes in the iron hand.

The people of Hong Kong aren't taking his iron rule sitting down. Worse, the present severe housing shortage has badly affected the lives of millions people using up to 70% of income on rents.

While a housing shortage exists in Hong Kong, ghost cities galore are abundant all over China. There's fund to built empty cities on Mainland China but not where a severe shortage exist.

An extra 1% on company tax of 16.5% to 17.5% and same 1% on income tax from 15% to 16% should provide enough funds to build new housing or the means to.

The big dependence on land sales to wealthy property developers yearly to fund part of the budget simply creates a strong incentive for the government to keep land prices artificially high. It's now worsened with the rise of cronyism in land sales which was previously absent under British rule

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Godhatesodomy: 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
wow

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by marvin906(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=Nthrone post=85246120]

No body said , Nigeria is the worst country, is just that it's getting worse day by day in Nigeria despite how blessed the country is.[/quote

please take a trip to Venezuela,or Mexico and come back and repeat this nonsense..
by the way try Sudan or Somalia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon / Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US / Trump Instructs US Navy To Shoot Down Iranian Gunboats If They Harass US Ships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.