Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong (63042 Views)

Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix / All Christmas Celebrations Canceled In Burkina Faso After Terrorist Attack / Two Million Hong Kong Protesters Politely Make Way For Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Ayobami7(m): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
真棒
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Rapmoney(m): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

Nigeria is not the worst, I repeat Nigeria is not the worst country on Earth..
Keep giving yourself false hope.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Larrykaysail(m): 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
Becoted001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40otUnv_tk0
crazy olodo plenty for this naija
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Twizzy30(m): 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

I'm sorry but you're ignorant about what's on ground. These guys are coming out enmasse to protest unlike this place.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by fraymite: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
So because China is oppressing Hong Kong, some people are calling China. But when the same China oppresses I
Uygor Muslims, they said China is doing the right thing. What a double standard from Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by damoobaba: 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
fraymite:
So because China is oppressing Hong Kong, some people are calling China. But when the same China oppresses I
Uygor Muslims, they said China is doing the right thing. What a double standard from Nigerians

Its not double standard. If God punish disobedient/devil children,its the right thing. And if God decides to reward His obedient children,He's also a faithful God. His action towards you is determined by the kind of person you are.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
MycroftHolmes:
These hong-kongers are firm in purpose, organized and sort-of united. Notwithstanding pressure from Chinese government, they are still unyielding.
That's the spirit of true patriotism. Keep protesting until the government hears them out.
I'm sure they will, soon enough.

Somewhere in Nigeria, a less rowdy protest would have caused our 'blood-hungry' police men to fire live bullets at protesters.
We're getting there...

But at this pace, it might take forever angry
Which pressure is that? Don't mix up the central government with Hong Kong government. And tell me with evidence what the Chinese government actually did to warrant these protests.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
gnykelly:
they will learn... when they become another Libya with a democracy
I see your country men who don't understand the happenings down in Hong Kong busy supporting the same protests.
These their protests can't affect the mainland.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

So how is peaceful protest annoying

Did you read at all

He's supporting Hong Kong against China, because since US supports Hong Kong, they must be right.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
ValCon888:

Instead of countering what i said with logical arguments you resort to insults.
Who's the stupid person between you and I?
I guess you know the answer.
That's the thing I've noticed about these American stooges, they only know insults. very stupid set of people. They can't speak objectively.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
sammirano:
Hong Kong youths are deluded and corrupted by the US with financial gains to cause chaos against China. Well, I am happy because the PRC will never yield to some misguided demands. If only they try this in countries like Russia, people will be missing in their thousands.
I salute the restraint the central government has used over the Hong Kong protests if not, what they do requires military action.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
MycroftHolmes:

Not really a fully independent nation.
Some strings still connect them with China.
Do your research
Not some, Hong Kong is part of China, with it's own autonomy, that doesn't give them freedom to do anyhow.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
grandstar:
The present Chinese premier is simply too authoritarian. His kidnap of critics of the Chinese government from Hong Kong a few years ago unofficially ended the one country 2 systems or whatever its called policy. He's very intolerant of dissent and believes in the iron hand.

The people of Hong Kong aren't taking his iron rule sitting down. Worse, the present severe housing shortage has badly affected the lives of millions people using up to 70% of income on rents.

While a housing shortage exists in Hong Kong, ghost cities galore are abundant all over China. There's fund to built empty cities on Mainland China but not where a severe shortage exist.

An extra 1% on company tax of 16.5% to 17.5% and same 1% on income tax from 15% to 16% should provide enough funds to build new housing or the means to.

The big dependence on land sales to wealthy property developers yearly to fund part of the budget simply creates a strong incentive for the government to keep land prices artificially high. It's now worsened with the rise of cronyism in land sales which was previously absent under British rule

So where did you copy this one from.
what does Li keqiang have to do with the economic situation in Hong Kong, is he the chief exec of Hong Kong
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Slimpotter(m): 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
fraymite:
Where is the evidence of China oppressing Muslims?
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by cuvox(m): 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Inside life grin

I did not read that Hong Kong police used live rounds anywhere. We know the story is different in Nigeria. No play yourself

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Guys, take time out to visit my signature, more foreign affairs news coming
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by grandstar(m): 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Slimpotter:

So where did you copy this one from.
what does Li keqiang have to do with the economic situation in Hong Kong, is he the chief exec of Hong Kong

I meant the Chinese president not Li Keqiang.

Hong Kong is under China. The chief executive of Hong Kong is simply a puppet of the Chinese government. China, and not the chief executive have the final say

China presently seems to be presently shaping the future of Hong Kong and moving it from the Laissez faire economy it previously had. The market previously picked winners and losers but now China wants to influence that.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Cousin9999: 2:02am On Dec 27, 2019
Still better than India. grin
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Cousin9999: 2:04am On Dec 27, 2019
Slimpotter:

Where is the evidence of China oppressing Muslims?

Yeah, where is it? I want to compliment them on a job well done. grin
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:09am On Dec 27, 2019
made in china police uniform

made in uk(used in hong kong) police uniform

subhuman trash vs human

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:22am On Dec 27, 2019
ValCon888:
Hong Kong is being used as an American pawn to antagonize the Chinese.

wrong!

hong kong had been an independent country before china invasion in 1997.

it is seeking what it has lost!

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by Cousin9999: 2:26am On Dec 27, 2019
ValCon888:
Hong Kong is being used as an American pawn to antagonize the Chinese.

I'd say that's half true. And it's not just the US. It's the UK and other white countries.

But in all fairness, China is Russia's pawn. And China wouldn't be halfway to where it is now without the US and much of Europe handing over their entire manufacturing industry.
Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:27am On Dec 27, 2019
lexy2014:

And u think Nigeria is better than hong Kong?

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:29am On Dec 27, 2019
Bluffly:

HongKong is a nation

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:31am On Dec 27, 2019
sammirano:
Hong Kong youths are deluded and corrupted by the US with financial gains to cause chaos against China. Well, I am happy because the PRC will never yield to some misguided demands. If only they try this in countries like Russia, people will be missing in their thousands.

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:35am On Dec 27, 2019
damoobaba:

Its not double standard. If God punish disobedient/devil children,its the right thing. And if God decides to reward His obedient children,He's also a faithful God. His action towards you is determined by the kind of person you are.

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:37am On Dec 27, 2019
fraymite:

Re: Christmas Celebrations Ruined In Hong Kong by igbesachick: 2:43am On Dec 27, 2019
Slimpotter:

I see your country men who don't understand the happenings down in Hong Kong busy supporting the same protests.
These their protests can't affect the mainland.

wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon / Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US / Trump Instructs US Navy To Shoot Down Iranian Gunboats If They Harass US Ships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.