Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago (45161 Views)

Governor Sanwoolu Gives First Speech After Election Victory / Proof That Nigerian Government Was Holding Nnamdi Kanu And Released Him Overseas / How Kwara Government Was Swindled Of N227m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Kenturkey048(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2019
Bedwyr:

You have forgotten Boko Haram under GEJ

-Was bombing several cities in the North at will...including attacking Abuja three times via bomb attack.
-Fulani herdsmen were also very active under GEJ....especially in Benue.
And a host of other things.

Anyway, Buhari hasn't made much improvement. SUre...Boko has been beaten back , but security is still bad.
Nigerian problem is the failure to speak out the truth ..
wetin be one of the reasons Ortom decamped back to PDP
For your information boko haram is now worst than ever..
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by RaptorX: 11:14am On Dec 27, 2019
But IBB turn out to be a bigger disaster, that is why I laugh at people suggesting the military to come back.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Ofemmanu1: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2019
iAudio:
BMC has not been paid since October, they were given the hope that before Christmas they will be paid. Till now, nothing. Ask the dead meat seller.
That dead meat suyaselling basterrd will die by roasting.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by sammyj: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2019
Because Buhari has woefully failed his supporters. Sarrki is just trying to be objectiveShinkena!!
Beremx:
Sarrki, I don't understand you these days. I noticed you don't post Pro-Buhari comments any longer,rather you open not so Anti -Buhari threads. Hope all is well sha?

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Ofemmanu1: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Nigerians are rare breed..Even if you make this statement a memory verse pre-2019...They will still figure out means to vote him in.
That is why the west call us SUBHUMAN.
Nigerians have remarkable patience for bad things
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Nigerian problem is the failure to speak out the truth ..
wetin be one of the reasons Ortom decamped back to PDP
For your information boko haram is now worst than ever..

Yep, the Boko Boys are still dangerous, and to be frank, I beleive they run Borno state.

But compared to 2014...when they were bombing abuja thrice in that year (one of my former classmantes escaped one of the attacks)...and when they ran all of Borno, most of Yobe, and northern Adamawa, Boko was worse.

Having said that, there is the Herdsmen crisis...which was bad under GEJ and has been around even long before GEJ took over (there were clashes as far back as 1993 self). The problem is all government does is react, and don't solve the long term issues..(which is why APC lost Benue in 2019...after winning it in 2015 partly because people were tired of the herdsmen crisis then, and also because 2015 election in Benue was more of a vote against Suswam than a vote for GEJ or Buhari).

(P.S I'm not a Buhari supporter...nor a GEJ supporter...and I regard this APC government as a failure. )
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Kenturkey048(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2019
Bedwyr:

Yep, the Boko Boys are still dangerous, and to be frank, I beleive they run Borno state.

But compared to 2014...when they were bombing abuja thrice in that year (one of my former classmantes escaped one of the attacks)...and when they ran all of Borno, most of Yobe, and northern Adamawa, Boko was worse.

Having said that, there is the Herdsmen crisis...which was bad under GEJ and has been around even long before GEJ took over (there were clashes as far back as 1993 self). The problem is all government does is react, and don't solve the long term issues..(which is why APC lost Benue in 2019...after winning it in 2015 partly because people were tired of the herdsmen crisis then, and also because 2015 election in Benue was more of a vote against Suswam than a vote for GEJ or Buhari).

(P.S I'm not a Buhari supporter...nor a GEJ supporter...and I regard this APC government as a failure. )
Nicely said...I respect you..
But the fact remains you and I presently knows very little on the present happenings of boko-haram...and speaking from information gotten from my soldier friends in the northeast ,boko-haram still hold a large chunk of our territorial boundaries..my problem with major General Buhari's regime is the conceal of truthful information..Atleast during GEJ's tenure you knew what was happening in the country...

Buhari's regime everything na lie....

Lastly the major bomb blast around abuja axis during GEJ's tenure was the one in nyanya(out -sketch) .
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by sarrki(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2019
sammyj:
Because Buhari has woefully failed his supporters. Sarrki is just trying to be objectiveShinkena!!

Your brain is very intact

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Otunba2004(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2019
Bedwyr:

You have forgotten Boko Haram under GEJ

-Was bombing several cities in the North at will...including attacking Abuja three times via bomb attack.
-Fulani herdsmen were also very active under GEJ....especially in Benue.
And a host of other things.

Anyway, Buhari hasn't made much improvement. SUre...Boko has been beaten back , but security is still bad.
thanks
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Olu3939(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
This speech was written by Abiola's press boys in the defunct 'National Concord'. That coup was the most selfish change of government in Nigerian history.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by orunto27: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
The Military is Authoritative in Command and Control Management.

The Civilians are Squandermaniacs, Weak and focusless in Management.

OBJ and ATIKU would have laid Good Foundation for Nigeria but ATIKU deserted.

BUHARI/Osinbajo are exact opposite of OBJ/ATIKU. Osinbajo is cooperating, wise, knowledgeable and very understanding.

"I have laid Humans The Foundation and Corner Stones of Nigeria", says The Lord. You can't BUILD ABUJA FCT AND THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE CAPITALS in and from Abuja. You must necessarily Locate to those 36 State Capitals:-
1, The Raw Materials, Components and Finished Goods Stores
2, The Labour for reconstructing those Capitals
3, The Variable and The Fixed Overheads and
4, The Profits of the Added Values of their Efforts.

THE PROCESS OF BUILDING NIGERIA AND HER CONSTITUENT PARTS IS CONTINUOUS. BUHARI/Osinbajo SHOULD PLEASE RESTRUCTURE AND RECONSTRUCT NIGERIA, FCT AND OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES BY GRANTING AUTONOMY OF POLICE, RESOURCES AND ELECTIONS CONTROL TO THEM.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

From Orisa37:
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by wink2015(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
sarrki:
FLASHBACK:

THE SPEECH DELIVERED BY BRIGADIER JOSHUA NIMYEL DOGONYARO AFTER BUHARI'S DETHRONEMENT ON AUGUST 27, 1985

I, Brigadier Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro, of the Nigerian Army, hereby make the following declaration on behalf of my colleagues and members of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Fellow country men, the intervention of the military at the end of 1983 was welcomed by the nation with unprecedented enthusiasm. Nigerians were unified in accepting the intervention and looked forward hopefully to progressive changes for the better. Almost two years later, it has become clear that the fulfillment of expectations is not forthcoming.

Because this generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no other country but Nigeria, we could not stay passive and watch a small group of individuals misuse power to the detriment of our national aspirations and interest.

No nation can ever achieve meaningful strides in its development where there is an absence of cohesion in the hierarchy of government; where it has become clear that positive action by the policy makers is hindered because as a body it lacks a unity of purpose.

It is evident that the nation would be endangered with the risk of continuous misdirection. We are presently confronted with that danger. In such a situation, if action can be taken to arrest further damage, it should and must be taken. This is precisely what we have done.

The Nigerian public has been made to believe that the slow pace of action of the Federal Government headed by Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was due to the enormity of the problems left by the last civilian administration.

Although it is true that a lot of problems were left behind by the last civilian government, the real reason, however, for the very slow pace of action is due to lack of unanimity of purpose among the ruling body; subsequently, the business of governance has gradually been subjected to ill-motivated power play considerations. The ruling body, the Supreme Military Council, has, therefore, progressively been made redundant by the actions of a select few members charged with the day-to-day implementation of the SMC’s policies and decision.

The concept of collective leadership has been substituted by stubborn and ill advised unilateral actions, thereby destroying the principles upon which the government came to power. Any effort made to advise the leadership, met with stubborn resistance and was viewed as a challenge to authority or disloyalty.

Thus, the scene was being set for systematic elimination of what, was termed oppositions. All the energies of the rulership were directed at this imaginary opposition rather than to effective leadership.

The result of this misdirected effort is now very evident in the country as a whole. The government has started to drift. The economy does not seem to be getting any better as we witness daily increased inflation.

The nation’s meager resources are once again being wasted on unproductive ventures. Government has distanced itself from the people and the yearnings and aspirations of the people as constantly reflected in the media have been ignored.

This is because a few people have arrogated to themselves the right to make the decisions for the larger part of the ruling body. All these events have shown that the present composition of our country’s leadership cannot, therefore, justify its continued occupation of that position.

Furthermore, the initial objectives and programmes of action which were meant to have been implemented since the ascension to power of the Buhari Administration in January 1984 have been betrayed and discarded. The present state of uncertainty and stagnation cannot be permitted to degenerate into suppression and retrogression.

We feel duty bound to use the resources and means at our disposal to restore hope in the minds of Nigerians and renew aspirations for a better future. We are no prophets of doom for our beloved country, Nigeria. We, therefore, count on everyone’s cooperation and assistance.

I appeal to you, fellow countrymen, particularly my colleagues in arms to refrain from any act that will lead to unnecessary violence and bloodshed among us. Rest assured that our action is in the interest of the nation and the armed forces.

In order to enable a new order to be introduced, the following bodies are dissolved forthwith pending further announcements: (a) The Supreme Military Council (b) The Federal Executive Council (c) The National Council of States. All seaports and airports are closed, all borders remain closed.

Finally, a dusk to dawn curfew is hereby imposed in Lagos and all state capitals until further notice. All military commanders will ensure effective maintenance of law and order. Further announcements will be made in due course. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/flashback-coup-speech-overthrew-buhari-august-27-1985/amp

34 years after the Babangida Coup against Buhari nothing has change in Buhari style of leadership.

He is still repeating the bad things that made the KHAKI BOYS serving under him to kick him out of power.

Major General Muhammadu Buhari did not learn from his mistakes.

The very things those boys accused him is still being played even much more worse.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by BitCraftman: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
Beremx:
Sarrki, I don't understand you these days. I noticed you don't post Pro-Buhari comments any longer,rather you open not so Anti -Buhari threads. Hope all is well sha?

grin cheesy
Maybe some of the APC people are with the Lagos faction.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by InvertedHammer: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
daddytime:
De ja Vu....

Aren't we confronted and confounded today with the same sentiments as submitted by Dogonyaro in the above speech some good 35 years ago?

You sure can't teach an old dog new tricks....
/
This is why it is important to have History in the educational curricula.

\
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by elsom: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
PointZerom:
Sarrki good morning
As in the guy just dey wake up?
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Badteke47: 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
God please show yourself and remove Buhari from power. The man is the biggest mistake in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by BanevsJoker(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
MikeBetty:
Sarrki Is Now WAILLER IN CHIP Of Nyairaland Republic Of Nigeria.
In this case, CHIEF WEEP. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by rottennaija(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
daddytime:
De ja Vu....

Aren't we confronted and confounded today with the same sentiments as submitted by Dogonyaro in the above speech some good 35 years ago?

You sure can't teach an old dog new tricks....
And what progress did they make after 35 years? What good did they bring to the country? What did they do to the country?
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by meobizy(f): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
During this festive season we should not only concern ourselves with politics but events of three plus decades ago? Mscheew. Let politics take a break, abeg. I see these jobless trolls don’t want to let go of old habits. 2020 should not see me contributing here.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by zoedew: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
The Nigerian Armed Forces is, largely, and not unlike the larger Nigerian Society; a failed outfit! Visit the decrepit barracks and poorly constructed physical structures and outdated armaments and processes and it should soon be clear how bad things are. The only thing that appears going for them are the expensive Jeeps and other Staff Cars the Officers ride while the men - koboko - in hand harass and brutalise the citizenry in the brazen manner hey make way for the convoy of their officers.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by chiedozie198100: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Sirjamo:
The man that took power from Buhari, what did he do with it? He completely destroyed Nigeria within eight years, annulled the best election in our history and was eventually kicked out by civilians who made life miserable for him.

Buhari on the other hand, got a public apology from Abacha and was handed the best intervention fund in history.

at least IBB is not running around town pretending to be a saint like ur buhari.

IBB now is 100 times an elder statesman than ur buhari the bigot.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by ajl: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
For that fact this coup brought in Babangida, the Grand Master of corruption in Nigeria, one shouldn't take any of these statements in the address serious. They were just empty words. It was some greedy Nigerian civilian elites that helped to make the coup a success. Most especially NKO Abiola. Story is that he connived with the Saudi Arabia govt to invite tough-man Idiagbon who was the second-in-command to Buhari, for the hajj in Mecca. The coup wouldn't have succeed if Idiagbon was in town. In fact, the Saudi govt was expecting him to seek refuge in their country. He choose to return home to be arrested on arrival.

Yes, Buhari made few mistakes then but things would have changed for the better because they were attacking the main problems then. That was corruption and indiscipline in every day life. Some merchants who were hoarding their products to sabotage the economy had their wares sold to the public. I was in my early teenage years then and knew what was going on. Many Nigerians then had got used to lawlessness and chaotic ways of doing things. That coup ought not to be celebrated because it was a "frying pan to fire" situation. Babangida, the smiling General finally wrecked the economy. He brought in IMF's Structural Adjustment Program and devalued the Naira. Many criminal bankers made a fortune from this, including a friend that used to work with Oceanic bank. They were diverting forex. How about failed banks with opening of so many crooked banks that made away with people's fund causing near collapse of the banking system in early 90s. I was in university days by this period and lost money to a wonder bank too. A lot of corrupt Nigerians had a field day.

Ask yourself why some of us that had high expectations for the second-coming of Buhari, where the expectations came from. It was purely due to his high-handed fight against corruption during his regime in the 80s. Because if someone had the boldness to attempt to smuggle a corrupt Dikko, a former Nigerian minister, out of Britain in a crate, then that suggest that he would go after corrupt people seriously on his second coming. But the expectations were misplaced because that was a military govt that operates with decrees and this new Buhari is not the same one. He already dined with the devils, Jagaban and Amaechi at al.

3 Likes

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by trinity11(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
SMH

As it stands, I expect sarrki to man up, and register an undiluted apology to the people of NL.
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Sirjamo: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
chiedozie198100:

at least IBB is not running around town pretending to be a saint like ur buhari.

IBB now is 100 times an elder statesman than ur buhari the bigot.
That's according to you and your fellows. 15.1 million of us have a different view of him, we elected him back to office just 8 months ago.

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by romenna: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2019
this letter is still relevant and suffices to describe the buhari led admin.
but democracy in naija today cripples every action against those in power

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Strica(f): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
Sirjamo:
This is Noise. 15.1 million Nigerians re - elected him just 8 months ago, they wouldn't have if all you wrote up there were true, only the coup I cannot deny, the rest are propaganda which is a presentation of side of a narrative to smear someone.

15.1 million? There are only two conclusions this your comment makes one draw about you:
1) You must have been born yesterday to think free and fair elections are conducted in Nigeria.
2) You and certain people who blind themselves to the reality on ground, lie about and rationalise evil to protect and further their personal interests are of a kind.

Which is it? (It's a rhetorical question, mind you; one for your conscience, supposing it's still alive).
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by chozzy: 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
Epic
Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by beejay85: 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
ajl:
For that fact this coup brought in Babangida, the Grand Master of corruption in Nigeria, one shouldn't take any of these statements in the address serious. They were just empty words. It was some greedy Nigerian civilian elites that helped to make the coup a success. Most especially NKO Abiola. Story is that he connived with the Saudi Arabia govt to invite tough-man Idiagbon who was the second-in-command to Buhari, for the hajj in Mecca. The coup wouldn't have succeed if Idiagbon was in town. In fact, the Saudi govt was expecting him to seek refuge in their country. He choose to return home to be arrested on arrival.

Yes, Buhari made few mistakes then but things would have changed for the better because they were attacking the main problems then. That was corruption and indiscipline in every day life. Some merchants who were hoarding their products to sabotage the economy had their wares sold to the public. I was in my early teenage years then and knew what was going on. Many Nigerians then had got used to lawlessness and chaotic ways of doing things. That coup ought not to be celebrated because it was a "frying pan to fire" situation. Babangida, the smiling General finally wrecked the economy. He brought in IMF's Structural Adjustment Program and devalued the Naira. Many criminal bankers made a fortune from this, including a friend that used to work with Oceanic bank. They were diverting forex. How about failed banks with opening of so many crooked banks that made away with people's fund causing near collapse of the banking system in early 90s. I was in university days by this period and lost money to a wonder bank too. A lot of corrupt Nigerians had a field day.

Ask yourself why some of us that had high expectations for the second-coming of Buhari, where the expectations came from. It was purely due to his high-handed fight against corruption during his regime in the 80s. Because if someone had the boldness to attempt to smuggle a corrupt Dikko, a former Nigerian minister, out of Britain in a crate, then that suggest that he would go after corrupt people seriously on his second coming. But the expectations were misplaced because that was a military govt that operates with decrees and this new Buhari is not the same one. He already dined with the devils, Jagaban and Amaechi at al.

Thanks for your enlightenment....guys will rather turn a blind eye to the damage caused by IBB regime to our economy . They ll rather chase Shadows- buhari this..buhari that...
Granted this current administration still got a lot of grounds to cover ranging from security to economy...we only need to support them and equally castigate them when they err like the $29b loan in view..

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by chiedozie198100: 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2019
Sirjamo:
That's according to you and your fellows. 15.1 million of us have a different view of him, we elected him back to office just 8 months ago.

stay in that realm of delusion.

at least people who were once zombies like sarrki r beginning to see the errors of their ways.

15 million my foot.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Hypocrit: 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
I dont understand. was the post meant to exonerate IBB, JONATHAN and co. or to point-out Buhari historical flaws which has been consolidated into his present government? Untill we move from the setiment of party politics to individual politics, Nigeria will still be bound in her numerous chain of darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago by Hypocrit: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
moreover, is IBB our present democratic president or Buhari? Why the noise about IBB when he is no more among the ruling class?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group / Buhari Has No Problem Shaking Hands With Females (photos) / Sowore Discharged, Returns Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.