Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions (21154 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Amokachi Lambasts NFF Over $2 Million Compensation Clause In Rohr’s Contract / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Kenturkey048(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2019
post=85256770:

This is how the mind of an average Hypocrite works.
They actually say out loud the negative BS they have in their slow heart unknowingly!

Everything in life is politics to them.
Enemies of peace.
What a life!
SMH!!
Everybody know say I no quote this guy...
: I wish you could measure the quantity and capacity of hatred I package for you...

If I say make I yan now,you go report to MODs..
Respect yourself and stay off my mentions...I want to enter 2020 with happiness..
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2019
Hehehee cheesy
Orisirisi for Nairaland.
D kid even dey call everybody grin cheesy.
Wetin Chidi no go see for warehouse!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Starboytwo(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2019
They should retain the man, our football has greatly improved...

In their backyard, Ukraine ranked no 22 in the world were happy to take a draw from our 2-2 match... We played 1-1 with a brazilian side starting neymar, coutinho, Allison, thiago Silva, Gabriel Jesus etc...
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Aystarz: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2019
lexyman:
The essence of him to stay back in Nigeria is to be able to monitor our players in the local league ... but I am sorry the league is not organized .

I am still wondering why no single talent came out to displace on player in the whole of 2019 ...

Maybe Rohr will have to start combing the street and our grass root ... same way Clement Westerhouff did .

The man is a lazy coach. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Westerhoff
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by SmartyPants(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2019
lexyman:
The essence of him to stay back in Nigeria is to be able to monitor our players in the local league ... but I am sorry the league is not organized .

I am still wondering why no single talent came out to displace on player in the whole of 2019 ...

Maybe Rohr will have to start combing the street and our grass root ... same way Clement Westerhouff did .

The game has advanced way beyond the days of Westerhoff. You are not likely to find extraordinary talents playing street football these days, or even in the league. The good ones like Stephen Odey and others currently in the national team start locally and then move to Europe very quickly because unlike back in those days, scouts are everywhere and always looking for top talent.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by RiddlesofFate: 11:20am On Dec 27, 2019
Erediauwa:
You just have to give it to Amaju Melvin Pinnick, an astute football administrator who has turn our football around for the good.

One thing I admire about Pinnick is that, when he gives you a job to do for him, you just have to deliver else you get booted out be you foreign or local manager.

Really @the bolded? How about Paul Aigbogun (U20)? Imama Amakapabo (U23 & Home Eagles)? Manu Garba (U17)? Danjuma (Falcons). All of the friends of Pinnick he hired as coaches failed woefully in their assignments. But Pinnick has continued to keep them and NFF has continued to pay them salaries.. They'll probably be allowed to handle preparations for the next squads in 2020, despite failing in the same assignments in 2019.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2019
French attacking Nigerian economy
by adopting ECO west African currency and singling out Nigeria out of the deal.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-france-kidnapped-west-africas-eco-currency.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Subzero047: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2019
RiddlesofFate:

Really @the bolded? How about Paul Aigbogun (U20)? Imama Amakapabo (U23 & Home Eagles)? Manu Garba (U17)? Danjuma (Falcons). All of the friends of Pinnick he hired as coaches failed woefully in their assignments. But Pinnick has continued to keep them and NFF has continued to pay them salaries.. They'll probably be allowed to handle preparations for the next squads in 2020, despite failing in the same assignments in 2019.

They've all been sacked
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by OKorowanta: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Amaju amaju amaju!
Una dey give pesin 20m salary for one month and yet we've not won the world cup..
Una no well!
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by jp130(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2019
Learn to manage football team, let me put u tru. Check my signature
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by OyiboPep: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
festacman:
That Amaju Pinnick is viewed as a successful NFF chairman is a tragedy. NFF should be LESS of national teams and MORE of doing things to develop the game of football locally. In short, NFF ought to do on national level what FIFA does on international level.

- This means NFF supposed to create and organize age-grade tournaments for affiliate 36 state FAs. At present, no such things exist.
- NFF ought to brainstorm and work tirelessly to get Female football working. For example, explore making the First Lady Aisha Buhari a patron of female football and working to leverage her support to organize league and establish First Lady cup competition that would even outlast her. At present, our female football is marginal and Amaju Pinnick has no plan to raise the bar.
- NFF under Amaju Pinnick supposed to have deliberately instituted transparent/accountable relationship framework or even internal legislations that would raise confidence of potential corporate sponsors and make them put money on table. No such thing exists.
- What of domesticating FIFA procedures by making international transfer of Nigerian players smoother and easier instead creating unnecessary bottlenecks to extort money.
- NFF ought to organize periodic continuous training of local coaches and strategic exposure for national coaches and assistant coaches. At present, no such things exist except that coaches are simply recycled to tinker with age-group national teams with their limited knowledge and earn estacodes for sharing.
- Who is NFF version of what Arsene Wenger is at FIFA to link up with him to see how Nigeria football would benefit from various programmes.

At present NFF is about estacodes and FIFA largesse. As far as I am concerned, given how dynamic and smart he appears and carry himself, Amaju Pinnick performed woefully apart solving the perennial allowance problem with national teams' allowances at tourneys.

You're right except for the Aisha part.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Koboko99(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
OKorowanta:
Amaju amaju amaju!
Una dey give pesin 20m salary for one month and yet we've not won the world cup..
Una no well!

You wan to win the world cup because you are paying the coach 20million?

How much do you think Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Germany pay their coaches?

You should also carry placards to the govt house and national assembly to protest for good governance since your politicians earn more to do nothing
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by TruthinAction: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
Rohr doesn't have a strong desire for the top. He is an average coach that celebrates third position. We need a coach that has a hunger for the top. A coach that will open up the camp for new players until he gets the very best in all positions like the USA 94 team.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Koboko99(m): 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
RiddlesofFate:

You dey mind them. It baffles me how he can come to that conclusion when these coaches that failed woefully still have their jobs
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by sayisayi(m): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
[quote
Now to Gernot Rohr, I will have to say that he has transformed the SE and make the green and White Jersey so competitive for the local and foreign players..... BUT, his style of play is Flat and not dynamic.... He should add a little bit of flair to his tactics and watch his lad go past the Quarter Final target at world stage.

Bros, if you know world football, you will understand that Nigeria under his tutelage and with no grassroots programme, we are nowhere close to any success beyond AFCON
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Koboko99(m): 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
TruthinAction:
Rohr doesn't have a strong desire for the top. He is an average coach that celebrates third position. We need a coach that has a hunger for the top. A coach that will open up the camp for new players until he gets the very best in all positions like the USA 94 team.

We are no longer in 1994. We've moved on. Senior national teams no longer open the camps for every tom, dick and Harry to come have a tryout. They invite the best players they have in top club sides.

You'll not see what Rohr is doing until a local coach will come in and start inviting players from Malta and Azerbaijan.

The man is going well. The country has some of the finest young talents playing in good clubs in Europe.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by festacman(m): 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
OyiboPep:

You're right except for the Aisha part.

What is wrong with Aisha part? Is she not a human being? Is she not a Nigerian? If it is because of her political exposure, may I remind you that FIFA International Club competition, which Liverpool FC won recently was originally mooted by an Arab country for political/tourism promotion reasons. The same reason Arab countries now spend money to host cup final matches of top European Football Federations.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Barryseal: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Koboko99:

We are no longer in 1994. We've moved on. Senior national teams no longer open the camps for every tom, dick and Harry to come have a tryout. They invite the best players they have in top club sides.

You'll not see what Rohr is doing until a local coach will come in and start inviting players from Malta and Azerbaijan.

The man is going well. The country has some of the finest young talents playing in good clubs in Europe.

This is very short termist. What happens to the production line after those your finest young talents in Europe get to the twilight of their careers which is bound to happen within the next 5yrs?
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Babatoxx: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
[He has made the green and white Jersey competitive by inviting Ezenwa a third choice goalkeeper to the National team. quote author=Erediauwa post=85255542]You just have to give it to Amaju Melvin Pinnick, an astute football administrator who has turn our football around for the good.

One thing I admire about Pinnick is that, when he gives you a job to do for him, you just have to deliver else you get booted out be you foreign or local manager.

Now to Gernot Rohr, I will have to say that he has transformed the SE and make the green and White Jersey so competitive for the local and foreign players..... BUT, his style of play is Flat and not dynamic.... He should add a little bit of flair to his tactics and watch his lad go past the Quarter Final target at world stage.

Good looking out to him and his backroom staff.

Let the Eagles soar high. [/quote]
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Performanking(m): 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
If you want your coach to live in Nigeria, you should have hired a Nigerian coach.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Karmaisme(m): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Watch how buhari's supporters would come to say they shouldn't renew his contract so tribalism and nepotism can be introduced back to the national team in full force ...

Enemies of progress

Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by delvzy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
One thing I love about German coaches is their sense of building a strong team on a long term.
What we fail to see here is trying to bring that same energy into grassroot football.
If we ever want to one day beat our chest and be proud of our involvement in sporting activities a few things need to change
1) Players and Athletes welfare should be paramount
2)Supporters welfare
3) Adequate preparation programs
And many more.
2020, I do hope to see changes in some of these things

BETTER NIGERIA, TOGETHER WE'RE ONE.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Tarabye: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by godquality: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
This NFF can deceive themselves. Which coach go renew contract with worse condition than the previous one especially when that coach performance was above average?
Stringent ko, stingy ni.
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by Mydazz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
"Take a work from the job"
Hit Like if you saw that,......
Re: Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions by supereagle(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
Aystarz:

The man is a lazy coach. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Westerhoff
Our own late Keshi was better than him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Fantasy World Cup / Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / 'Our Dressing Room Is Not Happy' - Mourinho Reacts To Draw With Chelsea (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.