Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46109 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2010
And of course, I'd expect "them" to be insensitive. "They" are wired like that.
What a group of human beings.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tkb417(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2010
I hope some NLders can put up an appearance. He was a prominent member here and loved by many.

Just to commensurate with d fam. We can't do much than that

May his soul rest in peace

This is callin on others livin abroad, pls move away from those inglorious bastards!! Na beg I beg u. We are not gonna mourn anybody on this blog again in the mighty name of Jesus

and so shall it be
Amen!!!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tyson55(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2010
OMG! I 'm shoked beyond words. He is one of my favorite on nl, enjoy his post and banter with fellow nl's. He is so articulate and brilliant with all of his post. Can't really believe he 's gone.                                                           Gone so soon! Rip Bawo.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kokoye(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2010
igochopur$:

So the die hard moderators are human after all?

Lesson! There is no king or queen on NairaLand- you are human, show respect for others, wish no evil to anyone, for death doesnt give you a warning before it strikes.

If you have nothing decent to say, why dont you just observe  
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Ifedisky(m): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
He giveth, He taketh away. Sad itz now. R.I.P dude
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2010
Words of advice, move to white suburbs. My town is 97% white and I can't tell you how much different it is from the next town 20mins away with an almost 50% black population.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Jarus(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2010
OHHHHH, LIFE, OYB JUST TOLD ME NOW. AND IT'S ALL TEARS HERE
I'M DEVASTATED cry cry cry

When I read the news in eth morning(or was it yesterday, something told me this person could be a Nairalander, simply due to teh fact that many Nigerian students in diaspora are on NL here

oh, Bawomolo!!!!!! I can't believe this

cry cry cry sad sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
davidylan:

Words of advice, move to white suburbs. My town is 97% white and I can't tell you how much different it is from the next town 20mins away with an almost 50% black population.

Most Nigerian families that can afford it already live there, Its a saner place to raise your kids instead of living in the black hood where a 7yr old boy has already been initiated into Blood and krips.

But you know, Not everyone can afford it, Those suburbs are expensive
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Sagamite(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

I am still struggling to understand your motives on this thread

It is that tumfulu dikkhead mental patient.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
igochopur$:

So the die hard moderators are human after all?

Lesson! There is no king or queen on NairaLand- you are human, show respect for others, wish no evil to anyone, for death doesnt give you a warning before it strikes.

who is this a$s wipe? go frigg yourself. How dare you? you have not said anything decent since the news broke out, take your own advice as when if you pass you may not get the same about of love or respect!

@the replies, it AMAZES me how ppl use the death of someone to spew out venom against another ethnicity, how in the hell can you make this an anti-African American thread? a YOUNG MAN LOST HIS LIFE! Focus on THAT! Nigerians kill too, and futhermore how in the bloodseed do you all know these were African American perpetrators! Not all Nigerians are saints! The point is a killer is a killer and needs to be dealth with PERIOD!
Another thing is the pathetic section 8, ghetto, low income jokes, KILL IT! They way you guys are talking you are chocolate colored Ku Klux Klan members who happen to be born in Africa! You are NO different and should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves! Scum!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tkb417(m): 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
@MzDarkskin
Hope no problem?

Pls, move to romance and start shouting there.

Na by force to post?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2010
^stfu!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@the replies, it AMAZES me how ppl use the death of someone to spew out venom against another ethnicity, how in the hell can you make this an anti-African American thread? a YOUNG MAN LOST HIS LIFE! Focus on THAT! Nigerians kill too, and futhermore how in the bloodseed do you all know these were African American perpetrators! Not all Nigerians are saints! The point is a killer is a killer and needs to be dealth with PERIOD!
Another thing is the pathetic section 8, ghetto, low income jokes, KILL IT! They way you guys are talking you are chocolate colored Ku Klux Klan members who happen to be born in Africa! You are NO different and should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves! Scum!

What do you think about the massive crimes of South Chicago in the black neighbourhood. Where 12yr old boys are even scared to go to school for fear of being shot
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by cold(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
Dayuum! shocked Totally shocked,completely at a loss for words.This is so,so sad cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Ibime(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
Ive been thinking about this all the way home. Its more than shocking.

From the little I know of Bawo's personality, you can bet he doesnt even know the punks who shot him. He would never mix with such guys. Must be some random jux, and the guy just decided to waste his life for no reason.

Wetin dey worry these useless Akata boys sef? Cant they respect someone who is putting in effort to make something of their life?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by DapoBear(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Seriously, thats why most African immigrant would rather move to the white dominated suburbs, Its better to be called a monkey than to be shot by some teenagers who need $50 for dope. I remember in  2008, around 87th in SOuth Chicago some AA's busted me and a friend at a Gas station with guns, took the car  for "joyride" and abandoned it when it was out of gas.

Yep. AAs who live in white neighborhoods are fine, and so are the rich AA neighborhoods say in PG County, Maryland (though even those kids are knuckleheads, to be honest.)

But living among poor black people is a very bad idea. I'd much rather live among poor white people or poor hispanics than poor blacks. Poor black people don't want to make their lives better, instead they want to make yours worse.

For Nigerians who live in the US, don't make the mistake of living in any of these poor black neighborhoods. Your life, peace of mind and property are worth more than the money you save in rent.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tkb417(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2010
@Ibime
One of them is on this thread shouting already

Maybe he/she is lookin for who kill

Animals

Bloody twats!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2010
Mzdarkskin we are not scum, just stating facts. It's a running joke here even among the black folk who constantly warn us against opting to move to the black parts of town. African Americans have become a lazy scourge on America, deny it all u want. I won't be surprised Bawo lost his life to an idiot just looking for $20. Those who failed to raise any alarm in the name of snitching shld be ashamed of themselves.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2010
I'd like to extend my condolences to the family of the young man. May he rest in peace. Since the story never mentioned the identity of the killer or killers, we cannot assume they were black. A lot of white people in the U.S. kill, too. I live in a neighborhood that is ethnically mixed, but is still mostly black. It's a nice neighborhood and everybody of all colors get along. So, don't think a black neighborhood in the U.S. is all bad. Some are good.

There are white areas, mostly rural, that are bad. I know this is off topic, but whites make up the majority of welfare recipients in the U.S. Ghetto means "a place where people live." Look it up.

May the young man rest in peace.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by DapoBear(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
davidylan:

Mzdarkskin we are not scum, just stating facts. It's a running joke here even among the black folk who constantly warn us against opting to move to the black parts of town. African Americans have become a lazy scourge on America, deny it all u want. I won't be surprised Bawo lost his life to an  just looking for $20. Those who failed to raise any alarm in the name of snitching shld be ashamed of themselves.

This is what I don't even understand about the story. What on earth could they possibly want? They didn't rob him, right? I could understand if they robbed him of property, then there is at least a motive. But shot in front of his home? Why? There is no way he knew those guys personally, or was mixed up with them in any way. Dude spent most of his time here on nairaland, if his posts and the comments by his father and family are any indication sad

It just feels extremely unjust to me. They gained absolutely NOTHING from killing him.

I mean, WTF dude? I don't get it.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by courage89(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
R.I.P Olubusayo
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2010
Ibime:

Ive been thinking about this all the way home. Its more than shocking.

From the little I know of Bawo's personality, you can bet he doesnt even know the punks who shot him. He would never mix with such guys. Must be some random jux, and the guy just decided to waste his life for no reason.

Wetin dey worry these useless Akata boys sef? Cant they respect someone who is putting in effort to make something of their life?

Most def.

What would a 21yr old Grad student have to do with those low lifes? I bet it might be just plain beef or trying to rob him of $50.

DapoBear:

Yep. AAs who live in white neighborhoods are fine, and so are the rich AA neighborhoods say in PG County, Maryland (though even those kids are knuckleheads, to be honest.)
But living among poor black people is a very bad idea. I'd much rather live among poor white people or poor hispanics than poor blacks. Poor black people don't want to make their lives better, instead they want to make yours worse.
For Nigerians who live in the US, don't make the mistake of living in any of these poor black neighborhoods. Your life, peace of mind and property are worth more than the money you save in rent.

Hispanic neighbourhoods too can be dangeous too they have their own gangs and some petty rivalry with black teens.

I know about living in poor black neighbourhood, Every week, you car gets  broken into to steal the side mirror , I know someone whose car was broken into to steal a pack of cigarrette the owner left on the passengers side seat.

The rich AA communities too are cool to live in as educated black folks are usually very nice people.

Dapo but some people cant just afford it. Living in suburbs mean everyone in the family must have a car as mass transit dont even get there. Cost of living, schools and everything is expensive

My friend who lives in one Suburb in Chicago, The only Public transport close is the Metra
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
A.D.M.:

I'd like to extend my condolences to the family of the young man. May he rest in peace. Since the story never mentioned the identity of the killer or killers, we cannot assume they were black. A lot of white people in the U.S. kill, too. I live in a neighborhood that is ethnically mixed, but is still mostly black. It's a nice neighborhood and everybody of all colors get along. So, don't think a black neighborhood in the U.S. is all bad. Some are good.

There are white areas, mostly rural, that are bad. I know this is off topic, but whites make up the majority of welfare recipients in the U.S. Ghetto means "a place where people live." Look it up.

May the young man rest in peace.

Isnt this just plain common sense since white make up 80% of the population?

But do it by percentages, How many of Black adults depend on welfare vs Hispanics, Asian and other ethic races
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spearman(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
He was wise beyond his years. He was thoughtful. His insights were amazing. He was never abusive. He brought a lot of value to NL. He left the world a monument of an accomplished life with his posts on Naira Land.

I KNOW YOU AWAIT US IN THE SKY

Rest In Peace Our Young Man.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2010
I'm a 24-year-old Afro-American and I'm not lazy. Laziness is not delegated for one group. Anybody can be lazy including white people. Every black person I know is in school or working. I have a job repairing and assembling computers. Yes, there are black folks that do wrong, but to think it's across the board is wrong. Same thing with other parts of the world.

As for gangs, look at "List of gangs in the United States" on Wikipedia. They're not only black and Hispanic.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by honeric01(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
So Bawolomo is gone for GOOD? sad sad sad sad sad

Is this how life is? you come you go no matter how old you are? sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
Let's not turn this thread into an AA bashing one. I can almost imagine Bawo's response to the direction this thread is going and I chuckle. He would not have resorted to bashing anyone. In his memory and with utmost respect to him I plead with you all, please let's not go there. Once again Bawomolo, I wish you eternal rest
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Krayola(m): 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
Oh no!! This is so sad.  cry

I hope his family can be strong and get through this. So so tragic.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kokoye(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
DapoBear:

The AA boy who pointed a gun at me on Landover road in PG county wasnt really trying to rob me - he was just trying to have fun at my expense, but he was drunk and armed (who wants to find out if the gun was real or not?)
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by slap1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
Bawomolo is dead! Easy to type, easier to say . . . impossible to believe.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spearman(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
naijababe:

Let's not turn this thread into an AA bashing one. I can almost imagine Bawo's response to the direction this thread is going and I chuckle. He would not have resorted to bashing anyone. In his memory and with utmost respect to him I plead with you all, please let's not go there. Once again Bawomolo, I wish you eternal rest

Seconded
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by cold(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
I really can't understand this,i'm so confused.I know death is a debt we all owe but we don't hav to pay like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Police Parade Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Attacks & Killings, Arms Recovered / Fifteen Beheaded Bodies Dumped In Calabar / Man Strangles His Wife To Death In Badagry, Buries Her Beside A Well (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.