Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:53 AM

Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! (700 Views)

This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) / How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? / Please Judge This Case For Me, Between Me And My Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Judge Me If I Am Wrong! by sunnymighty(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Good evening everyone, please pardon my grammatical errors, i also want to appeal to you to please take time to go over this write up and be honest to tell me where i have gone wrong.
I lost my mother in 2010, she left a landed property (on a corner piece) with a set back of a room and a parlour self contain and by the location of this property it falls under two CDA's, i will like to refer to the CDA on the major road where the property is facing as group A, while the adjoining street (just by the side) will serve as group B.
Early last year, a network provider came to install a mast (tower) on the said property, after necessary consultations and 'settlements' , group B which happened to be the the group i belong to initially, started agitating for their own settlement from the construction company working at the site, the supervisor called me, i put a call across to the CDA secretary (don't have the CDA chairman's number as at then) and advised that we write a letter to this organization and table the needs of the community before them so they could factor it in as part of their CSR, they refused. Now, to the crux of the matter.
(a) During construction laterite was excavated from the ground (10 tippers atleast) the same CDA i belong to came and packed everything without my knowledge and did not leave any for me to fill my compound.
(b) A reckless driver rammed into my fence, they claimed ignorance, i had to call a mason to mend it, this happened the second time again and after investigation, a woman (a landlady) who operates a beer parlour on the adjoining street owned up that it was one of her customers.
(c) We contracted a young man for aluminium work (window installation) we gave him 80% of the money then, he only came to install the window frame but left the job uncompleted, after investigation i got to know the young man happened to be an in law to one of the landlords on the adjoining street, i approached the CDA chairman, he promised to investigate, he denied knowing either the young man or his in laws who happened to be a landlord on this same street after his 'investigation'.
All these and so many other issues made me to review my membership of group B CDA and joined group A. In August this year i approached the CDA chairman of group A which i newly belong that i need lelectricity, he gave me a go ahead, and in order to avoid trouble, i decided not to connect to the pole closer to my building which happened to be on the adjoining street which 'supposedly' belong to group B, but opted for a pole on the main road even though i spent much on wire just to avoid issues. I was away yesterday when my wife called me that group B CDA came to disconnect my light and went away with the wire. I have informed my new CDA chairman, who is away, but before his arrival i want my fellow nairalanders to please tell me where i have gone wrong. Your candid advice will also help in making the right decision. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
moderators please help move to the front page.

(1) (Reply)

We Have Sold Out Our Properties In Ibadan Reach Us For Our Properties In Lagos / I Am Willing To Pay And Squat With Anyone .. / FOR SALE *chevron Area Lekki 5bedroom Fully Detached Duplex With BQ 78m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.