Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? (50468 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Nigerian Man Dies One Week To His White Wedding (Photo) / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by aalangel(f): 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
totosucker:
Do the one wey your hand reach leave the rest till wen you get money again. They no dey Marry woman finish. Leave church wedding for now. Go meet pastor for office with few family and friends for office make him bless your marriage. That's all.

Very true.
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by easzypeaszy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
wordbank:
No go do pass yourself
Forget external hall, use outdoor or church hall
Use dry meat, the chicken don already cross the road
Hire wedding gown of 5k, na just for 6 hours highest
If you get coat wear am, if dem no like am make dem suit dem self
Cancel alcohol, especially if you dey marry Rivers babe
As you dey dance just dey shine your teeth, bolanle pepper dem oo
200k can't work I swear... Frgt plans
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
TallPck1:
Cut your coat according to your clothes.

Traditional is enough self.

I don't fancy white wedding.

Don't waste resources.

Always remember wedding is for a day. Your guest would all go back home and what happens and how you sustain during your marriage is non of their business. So be wise.
I wonder why white wedding is still prevalent inspite of the campaign

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by djflamini(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
I want to marry.no time and I will marry with what I can afford ,and it is traditional marriage.full stop.

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by easzypeaszy(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
safarigirl:
The invite is for 10 people abi? No photographers, you won't rent a hall or even canopies, you guys already have the clothes,so, you aren't buying/renting wedding outfits. It's holding in a rural area, so, cost of food items Is relatively cheap.

Then, you're good to go. Even to rent wedding gown alone is at least 20k for something that looks partially decent/acceptable.
no mind dem.... How can 200k do trad n white... Unless dey wan dash u wife Wch I did nt support..Traditional items u wl gt fr ur wife alone n families can't be less Dan 100k...

2 Likes

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by Reelmii: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
mosho2good:
Someone said even in heaven, the igbos will still find one business to do��

Like selling of hymn books����
��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

❣❣❣❣
hahahahahahahaah.... guy u wicked ooo
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
totosucker:
Do the one wey your hand reach leave the rest till wen you get money again. They no dey Marry woman finish. Leave church wedding for now. Go meet pastor for office with few family and friends for office make him bless your marriage. That's all.
I wonder why many Nigerians don't hearken to this advice, must they wed inside the church?
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by fayomim: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
Dereformer:
Yoruba/Hausa girls, yes. They are very cheap.

Igbo girls, no. They are assets and expensive.

Assets indeed. Those girls that don't have home training
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
naijazee2:
Hmmmmmmm depends on your partner you can manage it shocked shocked But remember Cut Your Coat according to your size shocked shocked cool
Cut your coat according to your cloth because your size might be big
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by futuregeneratio: 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
deltateam:
The title is clear. Is it possible in Nigeria?

Yes you can. It is more than enough.
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Yes and yes
It’s possible

Your personal phone has to be the only camera on board
Invitation would be done via sms only
Bride price - non asked and of course non given
Clothing- borrowed or previously owned
Makeup - borrowed or manage the existing one
Cars - uber or a friend’s car or invite the priest to your house and have everything done there
Feeding - it doesn’t cost much for a get together for 20 strictly by invitation family members - the rest can watch online
grin grin
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by crestdevelopers: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
MariaAngeles:
Kuku go carry person daughter for free na...shior!

This joke should have stopped in 2019 grin
oh... so na sell them wan sell their pikin abi
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
Amanda4life:

Please don't diacourage other s.

White wedding is super okay.

White wedding is a waste of time and resources.

3 Likes

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by fredie107(m): 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
And who said traditional wedding is not white wedding?

Why do we africans do to traditional weddings. The wedding u refered to as white is the white man's traditional wedding. Why do two weddings?

3 Likes

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Emma1Oj:
Since you say it won't be ok, pls support him wit what you have.

Do both the same time in the same venue. after tradition wedding then you ask the pastor to just bless your wedding, serve your guests if food dey. u carry your babe enter house, mata end.

My elder brother didn't serve common water at his wedding. he was just seating at the alter smiling. till everytin end. pple were jus leaving wit strong face. but d most important tin was that he has done is wedding.
Your brother was strict and conservative however he was wise

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
McTobe:
Once you fulfill the traditional obligations, Go and do Registry Marriage. Then take your wife to a Servant of the lord for prayers ( That is if it resonates within you, if not Don’t)before the Altar of the lord in a consecrated place of Worship of the Most high. Oyibo does only white wedding & registry and here in Nigeria we will do our own marriage, do Oyibo own join.
Some oyibo don't involve crowd during their weddings. Few friends,family members and the priest

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by Danzakidakura(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
naijazee2:
Hmmmmmmm depends on your partner you can manage it shocked shocked But remember Cut Your Coat according to your size shocked shocked cool
no bro he should cut his coat according to his clothes material.
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
Genea:
If you are doing wedding for 200k, that means you are broke, how then do you intend on catering for your family
Your response shows that you love elaborate wedding, hope you don't share similar trait with op's fiancée?

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
Michelle55:
Yes... Very possible...

It all boils down to you and your partner, if she's the type that likes low key occasion then you are good to go..

Pay the bride price and the necessary items( TM don settle) there's no need for loud music and if the people complains of no rice and all, tell them to come back for that during your post-wedding celebration. The only thing worth celebrating is marriage anniversaries and not wedding.

Court wedding if you are both cool with it with few family and friends as witness OR you can opt for blessing of marriage if you are catholic, then go home and entertain your few invited guests.

What's the point of wasting resources unnecessarily when there are 1001 things to do with money after wedding.

Excel in Silence and let your success announce you
Why?
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by Funkybabee(f): 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
No

Go and work more to it
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
don4real18:

15k? So, pastors collect money to join couples in marriage shocked
Pastor pays guest minister's transport fare who official at weddings
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
safarigirl:

What kind of person is the OP? Not everyone is interested in being a charity case.

The best bet for him is a small wedding, like incredibly small, even thee traditional wedding should be small and intimate among family, no one else. The White wedding can even be regulated, but traditional weddings that everyone wants to come and eat free food, will be difficult to regulate.

I wish him the best sha, there is nothing you cannot do if you put your money to it and surround yourself with sensible people.
Traditional wedding can be regulated too. I have seen when bride price are paid at introduction
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
Fejimummy:
my dad that said he doesn't want more than 30 persons in his house for my traditional wedding that if it exceeds 30 persons I will not do white wedding ���
Your dad is a wiseman.He is a rare gem
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
deltateam:

You tried but you didn't factor Trad., venue, vehicle etc
You can use one venue for both weddings infact you can do both on same day
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by Adams12345: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
jarrot:

You ask question, person give you answer you dey reply with hmmm undecided

divid the money into two, 100k for tradition and the remaining 100k for white wedding, it is possible if you are a good planner and economist, the traditional marriage depence on the tribe of girl, they may ask you to buy items that may cost you much that is just the only place you may encounter challenge but it is possible, after all they are not selling out their daughter.
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
E2000:
In Europe or America were civilize people live it is possible but in Nigeria, I am not sure
It is possible over here. It depends if op insist he has his way
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by Osobi32(m): 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
ednut1:
assets indeed. Imagine buying high bride price for those imsu run gals. Tufiakwa
tufiakwa no be small wan ooo..... IMSU and alvan girls are way out of this world grin
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
akezn:
Very simple.
I attended evening mass one tuesday only to meet a young couple on suit and wedding gown with a cameraman snapping them. When it was time for mass, they walked in. Lo and behold, it was their wedding. After mass, my guy carry him bride go house, no reception or anything like that. They are married for about two years now.

So to answer the OP's question, yes, it is very possible.

Exactly! I wonder why many Nigerians like to show off
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by edoairways: 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
godunia:
Did mine with 120k and its been over 15 years now, we went to the Registry in the morning, came back in the afternoon for Traditional Marriage, no invitation cards. Used my brother's sound system and my camera. I can tell you we are happily married..
I would advice you create a thread to share this inspiring story because many Nigerians have lost it
Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by crestdevelopers: 9:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
Khalidase83:
Well it depends on where you are taking your wife from: up north, u could get balance but some parts of South East and South South, just forget, #200k nah knocking of door.

which kind knocking of door go cost you 200k.. haba... the one wey I even run two weeks ago I no even spend reach 30k abegi make we no come dey over hype mataz for here

1 Like

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by golddare: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
1. Fix the 2 for the same day, trad by 7am-8am, church 9am-10am.

2. During trad provide people with yam and fish sauce, ask those who know it den go tell you, #25k is enough for that.(25k)

3. For the Church, share rice and drink in a take away immediately after the joining when you and the rest family are signing register.

4. Rice 35k, ingredients 20k, Cartons of chicken or turkey 50k. 150 bottles of soft drinks @ 15k (120k)

5. Put 20k inside envelope for the officiating pastors.(20k)

6. Go and book for one hotel and enjoy the rest of the day with your wife till 12am of the following day with the balance of 35k.

7. Na ego dey kill us and who ego help?

2 Likes

Re: Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? by nnaeyes6: 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
It depends
Just pay her dowry and wear ur traditional attire along with her and snap
Go to church and receive blessing and snap
Fry bugger for church reception. The village should drink and eat the item u brought for them.
U will have 40k approximately

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue / Nigerian Uses Money-Spraying Gun In Amsterdam Church Dedication Service / 27-Year-Old South African Man Buried With Money, Beer And Phones (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.