Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married (2101 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hello NLanders,

Compliments of the season. I am a young man in my mid-thirties. I am a professional and a graduate student. I am getting bored by people (family and friends) asking me to get married. Almost all the folks I spoke with on Christmas day said the same to my ears. In the past, friends have invited me to visit them and I discovered they were trying to match-make me. I am looking to get married at some point in the future when I find someone I can live the rest of my life with. The truth is none of these folks will suffer the direct consequence if I get married to the wrong person.

Initially, I planned a visit to my family early next year but I am thinking of postponing it till maybe end of 2020 and also reducing the frequency of communicating with folks.

To the married folks, how did you cope with this?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by sinaj(f): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ha! mid 30s?

Oga go and marry tongue

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by johnkey: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nobody can pressure me into getting married I repeat nobody.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by yomi007k(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Ha! mid 30s?

Oga go and marry tongue

How old are you, are you married?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by sinaj(f): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
yomi007k:

How old are you, are you married?
will be16 next year so Im underage and cant marry yet lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Acidosis(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Unfortunately, postponing your wedding till Jesus comes is not a license to a great marriage with a great person. You can wait till thy kingdom comes and still fail. Readiness is a thing of the mind. You're ready only when you're ready.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
Keep waiting until your friends child starts saying "guy how far good morning "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Ha! mid 30s?

Oga go and marry tongue

Of course I will when I find the right one. Over the years, I have been trying to put things in order so that my children will live quite comfortable lives.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by SirLiquidGold: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by sinaj(f): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
eagleeye259:

Of course I will when I find the right one. Over the years, I have been trying to put things in order so that my children will live quite comfortable lives.
Relax, I was just pulling your legs.

Take your time to avoid rushing in and out, coz whatever you do people will always talk.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Relax, I was just pulling your legs.

Take your time to avoid rushing in and out, coz whatever you do people will always talk.

I thought so too. Thanks. That's true. An interim solution is to minimize contact with folks.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Larryfest(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
Guy take your time and don't allow pressure push you to marriage in which you might probably get hooked up to the wrong person or where you can't even handle the financial baggages that comes with being married. Those pressuring you now won't be there to carry the baggages with you when it get much.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by phorget(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
eagleeye259:

Have you ever wondered why some people are never satisfied with what they have? The reason is simply because human wants are insatiable.
Ones you acknowledge the fact that you are 'better off' than some individuals that is when you'll learn to always appreciate the 'little' you have.

'Putting things in order' might actually take you eternity because the moment you are driving a Roll Royce then remember that someone is flying a private jet so you can as well keep pushing yourself to having a private jet too.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by phorget(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
Larryfest:
Guy take your time and don't allow pressure push you to marriage in which you might probably get hooked up to the wrong person or where you can't even handle the financial baggages that comes with being married. Those pressuring you now won't be there to carry the baggages with you when it get much.

Even if he takes the whole time in this world that won't still guarantee a successful marriage. Marriage is not about the time you take before marrying, it's always a function of grace, patience, attitude,tollerance and your willingness to make it work.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
Acidosis:

Unfortunately, postponing your wedding till Jesus comes is not a license to a great marriage with a great person. You can wait till thy kingdom comes and still fail. Readiness is a thing of the mind. You're ready only when you're ready.

Absolutely.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
If u are a lady, what will u do cheesy
They will remind her menopause is nearby or call her evening newspaper.

People don't know that not everybody will marry very early.
It's not how far but how well.
If u have not find one who suits you like 45%, dont listen to anybody.

Just stay away from such people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
Larryfest:

So true. By His grace, I am financially independent. Thanks.
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
phorget:

Have you ever wondered why some people are never satisfied with what they have? The reason is simply because human wants are insatiable.
Ones you acknowledge the fact that you are 'better off' than some individuals that is when you'll learn to always appreciate the 'little' you have.

'Putting things in order' might actually take you eternity because the moment you are driving a Roll Royce then remember that someone is flying a private jet so you can as well keep pushing yourself to having a private jet too.

That's true. For me, putting thing in order mean being able to take care of the needs of my family. I don't want my children to experience the hardship I passed through growing up. Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
sassysure:
If u are a lady, what will u do cheesy
They will remind her menopause is nearby or call her evening newspaper.

People don't know that not everybody will marry very early.
It's not how far but how well.
If u have not find one who suits you like 45%, dont listen to anybody.

Just stay away from such people.

So true. Thanks
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by murphyibiam15(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
phorget:

Lol..your analysis makes some sense
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Mrford(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:

grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by yomi007k(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Thought as much tongue
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by GrossPrice: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
eagleeye259:

So true. Thanks

You are on a journey to nowhere if at this age your not interested in getting married.

Mid 30's is 35 ish.

Be willing to have a wife and not finding one is totally different from having no interest in marriage.

At this age, you should be interested in marriage. Perhaps some issues here and there may make it difficult, but you must have an interest in marriage and be willing to get married once you meet a girl.

If you have zero interest in marriage ... you are on a journey to nowhere!

Even Don Jazzy is interested in marriage but claims he has not found his ideal config.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Westernlove: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
eagleeye259:
Hello NLanders,

Compliments of the season. I am a young man in my mid-thirties. I am a professional and a graduate student. I am getting bored by people (family and friends) asking me to get married. Almost all the folks I spoke with on Christmas day said the my ears. In the past, friends have invited me to visit them and I discovered they were trying to match-make me. I am looking to get married at some point in the future when I find someone I can live the rest of my life with. The truth is none of these folks will suffer the direct consequence if I get married to the wrong person.

Initially, I planned a visit to my family early next year but I am thinking of postponing it till maybe end of 2020 and also reducing the frequency of communicating with folks.

To the married folks, how did you cope with this?

When they are tired asking, They will leave you alone lol....Some fools are currently doing same to me as well. I noticed some have gotten tired and they no longer disturb me again....

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Westernlove: 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
Shibaraba:

Mumuson....

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Fundamentalist: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Don't fall for pressure take your time. No one will share marriage responsibility with you including your closest family member. Everyone carries his/her own cross.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by Nephilim: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Go and marry! Those that married at early age doesn't have two heads.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by olabrinks(f): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Young man? Mid thirties? You are approaching middle age you are no more young oh.
eagleeye259:

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
GrossPrice:

You are on a journey to nowhere if at this age your not interested in getting married.

Mid 30's is 35 ish.

Be willing to have a wife and not finding one is totally different from having no interest in marriage.

At this age, you should be interested in marriage. Perhaps some issues here and there may make it difficult, but you must have an interest in marriage and be willing to get married once you meet a girl.

If you have zero interest in marriage ... you are on a journey to nowhere!

Even Don Jazzy is interested in marriage but claims he has not found his ideal config.

Thanks for your reply. I am interested in getting married but I have not found the one yet. My last relationship ended about two years ago because of financial bottleneck.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
Shibaraba:

shocked
Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by eagleeye259: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
olabrinks:
Young man? Mid thirties? You are approaching middle age you are no more young oh.

Yes, I know I am getting old. Should I have used "old man" rather than "young man"? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope/How Are You Coping With People Asking You To Get Married by fasayoblog(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
sinaj:
Me that now want to marry you tomorrow nko?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has A Child Ever Told You Something That Cracked You Up Or Shocked You? / black Nigerian Couple Gives Birthto White Baby / 60 Ways To Make Your Marriage Rock!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.