Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,272 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Pray As You Have Seen Me Praying... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pray As You Have Seen Me Praying... (337 Views)

Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Man Dies In A Mosque While Praying In Jordan (Photos And Video) / Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray As You Have Seen Me Praying... by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Malik ibn al-Huwayrith reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Pray as you have seen me praying. When the time of prayer arrives, let one of you announce the call to prayer for you and then let the older of you leader the prayer.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5662, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 674

How many of us (Muslims) even know how the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam prayed? Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing best!

Some of us do pray as we like or as we see people praying without seeking for the right way to pray.

The hadeeth about the man who prayed badly was narrated by al-Bukhaari (757) and Muslim (397) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the mosque and a man came in and prayed, then he came and greeted the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) returned the greeting and said: “Go back and pray, for you have not prayed.” The man went back and prayed as he had prayed before, then he came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and greeted him, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Wa ‘alayk al-salaam.” Then he said: “Go back and pray, for you have not prayed.” When he had done that three times, the man said: By the One Who sent you with the truth, I cannot do more than that. Teach me. He said: “When you go to pray, say takbeer, then recite whatever you can of the Qur’aan. Then bow until you are at ease in bowing, then rise until you are standing up straight. Then prostrate until you are at ease in prostration, then sit up until you are at ease in sitting. Then do that throughout the entire prayer.”

Here's a reminder for us to worship Allah as it was revealed to the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam shunning all forms of innovations and deviations around.

Islam is not the way we met our father's or a Sheikh practicing it.
Islam is practiced in line with the way the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) practiced it.
Learn Islam to Practice Islam.

We ask Allah to guide us and keep us safe.
May Allah grant our dead brothers Al-Jannah without stress.

2 Likes

Re: Pray As You Have Seen Me Praying... by Lukgaf(m): 9:42am On Jan 31, 2020
May Allah make it easy for us to follow our dear Prophet and enable us shun any forms of innovations and deviations around.

1 Like

Re: Pray As You Have Seen Me Praying... by PrinceGallant: 8:58am On Feb 14, 2020
Al'hamduliLlaah, I am a Muslim
Re: Pray As You Have Seen Me Praying... by iamgenius(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lukgaf:
May Allah make it easy for us to follow our dear Prophet and enable us shun any forms of innovations and deviations around.
Aamin.

(1) (Reply)

How A Muslim Can Threaten You Indirectly. / Assistance To Build A Mosque / Why Homosexuality Is Prohibited- PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.