Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

The Pregnant Bride - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Pregnant Bride (27470 Views)

Bride Wanted / 10 Pieces Of Advice Every Bride Must Practice To Have A Marital Bliss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
aumeehn:
The child is a product of fornication. Allah (s w a) is clean he only accept what is clean.

Too bad...the child itself is not unclean and the parents eventually married so theres no need to embarrass them like that...its just an Overkill in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
midnighter:

Too bad...the child itself is not unclean and the parents eventually married so theres no need to embarrass them like that...its just an Overkill in my opinion.

Overkill or not. That's the Islamic Law.
Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Overkill or not. That's the Islamic Law.

So whats the justification for the law Apart from stigmatising an innocent child over nothing smh

Your parents are married and youre answering your mothers name...what sense does it make

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by kazy1979: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
I think the op created more confusion. To my best of knowledge, some people do Akidu Nikkah and later walimot Nikah while some did their own together. After Akidu Nikah, the woman can get pregnant and the child is legitimate then walimot Nikah can come later if u like. The op should have explain this in the writeup so readers will not get more confuse on issues like this.
Another observation I has is the op said marriage contract. This so called contract is between who and who? To me the contract is between a man and a woman and witness by the 2 parties families. So far the 2 families agree to allow the marriage then the marriage is already valid. Others are just secondary.

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by Fundamentalist: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
A very common occurrence in southwest Nigeria. I am from there ooo. Islamically, It's not a marriage but continous fornication. Such children can bear fathers name neither can he/she inherit him (A sad truth).

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by Fundamentalist: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
kazy1979:
I think the op created more confusion. To my best of knowledge, some people do Akidu Nikkah and later walimot Nikah while some did their own together. After Akidu Nikah, the woman can get pregnant and the child is legitimate then walimot Nikah can come later if u like. The op should have explain this in the writeup so readers will not get more confuse on issues like this.
Another observation I has is the op said marriage contract. This so called contract is between who and who? To me the contract is between a man and a woman and witness by the 2 parties families. So far the 2 families agree to allow the marriage then the marriage is already valid. Others are just secondary.

Oga, No confusion here. Being married in Islam means the following according to the sunnah
1. both parties are willing to come together.
2. the Lady/Woman, in particular, must have a guardian (A male, Muslim which maybe the Father, Uncle, brother, son, Islamic Leader). A woman cannot give her self in marriage.
3. Payment of bride price (it can be paid immediately or in the near future but the price must be agreed).
4. Witnesses (Not necessarily the family members but it is encouraged)
5. She must be clean (No pregnancy)
There is no scholar of Islam that can argue against these.

Its called a contract because any party can decide to pathways with his/her partner.
Please grow up.
Islam is not based on personal Opinion
Re: The Pregnant Bride by aumeehn: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
midnighter:

you are absolutely right @the bolded. Each an every religion has its own rules.
Re: The Pregnant Bride by aumeehn: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
midnighter:

So whats the justification for the law Apart from stigmatising an innocent child over nothing smh

Your parents are married and youre answering your mothers name...what sense does it make
why are you getting all worked up! The law only applies to muslims. So you are free to do whatever you like with your life.
Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
aumeehn:
why are you getting all worked up! The law only applies to muslims. So you are free to do whatever you like with your life.

Leave me alone joor, I don't need to be a Muslim to express my opinion. If you don't want to know what I think then why do you keep quoting me?

You can't stop me from commenting on topics, if you don't like it then skip my post

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by kazy1979: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
Fundamentalist:

Oga, No confusion here. Being married in Islam means the following according to the sunnah
1. both parties are willing to come together.
2. the Lady/Woman, in particular, must have a guardian (A male, Muslim which maybe the Father, Uncle, brother, son, Islamic Leader). A woman cannot give her self in marriage.
3. Payment of bride price (it can be paid immediately or in the near future but the price must be agreed).
4. Witnesses (Not necessarily the family members but it is encouraged)
5. She must be clean (No pregnancy)
There is no scholar of Islam that can argue against these.

Its called a contract because any party can decide to pathways with his/her partner.
Please grow up.
Islam is not based on personal Opinion

Oga, I know it is Sunnah no argument about that. What am saying is that pregnancy before Nikah (marriage) is allowed or not allowed depends on whether u are talking about Akidu Nikah or before walimat Nikah.
Nikah is in 2 parts which they can choose to do one, both at separate time or both together.
Pregnancy before Akidu Nikah is not allowed but allowed before walimot Nikah.
Re: The Pregnant Bride by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
midnighter:

The sense it makes is in punishing the adulterous father for his sins!

And preventing those who wants to follow the same path!

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by aumeehn: 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
midnighter:

Leave me alone joor, I don't need to be a Muslim to express my opinion. If you don't want to know what I think then why do you keep quoting me?

You can't stop me from commenting on topics, if you don't like it then skip my post
k
Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

The sense it makes is in punishing the adulterous father for his sins!

And preventing those who wants to follow the same path!

Yes, you have a point there.

But won't it also encourage irresponsible men to use and dump since the baby can never answer his name?

1 Like

Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
kazy1979:

Oga, I know it is Sunnah no argument about that. What am saying is that pregnancy before Nikah (marriage) is allowed or not allowed depends on whether u are talking about Akidu Nikah or before walimat Nikah.
Nikah is in 2 parts which they can choose to do one, both at separate time or both together.
Pregnancy before Akidu Nikah is not allowed but allowed before walimot Nikah.

I think everybody assumed we were talking about the ceremony that takes place in the mosque and not the Walima. When you use the word "Nikah" that's generally what it means

What could make it confusing is that the OP was talking about the aqd nikah and the picture he posted was showing a Walima
Re: The Pregnant Bride by kazy1979: 12:30am On Jan 18, 2020
midnighter:

I think everybody assumed we were talking about the ceremony that takes place in the mosque and not the Walima. When you use the word "Nikah" that's generally what it means

What could make it confusing is that the OP was talking about the aqd nikah and the picture he posted was showing a Walima

Thanks for your response. Walimot means gathering to celebrate. The difference between aqd Nikah and the walimat Nikah is that the former is the joining the 2 parties together witness by the families not necessarily need outsiders. It can be low key while the latter is the ceremony where u eat and dine. Most people consider it has 1 event.
The op should have explain it to this level so people will understand it better.
Thanks
Re: The Pregnant Bride by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:59am On Jan 18, 2020
midnighter:

Yes, you have a point there.

But won't it also encourage irresponsible men to use and dump since the baby can never answer his name?

Irresponsible men will always make use of loose and unwise ladies! The punishment is not only served on the men. The women too suffers from the stigmatization! If one man dumps a baby as you said...then other ladies would learn from this.

An elder that falls in a pit should teach others a lesson.

Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Irresponsible men will always make use of loose and unwise ladies! The punishment is not only served on the men. The women too suffers from the stigmatization! If one man dumps a baby as you said...then other ladies would learn from this.

An elder that falls in a pit should teach others a lesson.

Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.

Well its not only stupid women who fall prey to irresponsible guys but I see your point.

Thank you for giving me a reasonable answer which is all I wanted aside from all these non-entities who keep quoting me nonsense mtchew

Jazakallah Khaira Sir
Re: The Pregnant Bride by midnighter(f): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2020
kazy1979:

Thanks for your response. Walimot means gathering to celebrate. The difference between aqd Nikah and the walimat Nikah is that the former is the joining the 2 parties together witness by the families not necessarily need outsiders. It can be low key while the latter is the ceremony where u eat and dine. Most people consider it has 1 event.
The op should have explain it to this level so people will understand it better.
Thanks

Okay, I see what you were driving at. If people dont understand the difference then they may get confused
Re: The Pregnant Bride by LordReed(m): 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
Sounds like an attempt to delegitimise children with single mothers. A person born out of wedlock is still a person and should have all the rights any human being should have.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays / Ruling On Taking Boyfriends Or Girlfriends / For The Classy, Trendy, Stylish And Modest Muslimah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.